What If...

nirvana

I'm not sure how annoucing more dates could effect the tickets sales of a gig that was about a zillion times over subscribed the moment the ticket website opens. It will always have the cache of being the first reunion gig whether there are any more. It's this decades Knebworth.

If there was the slightest possibility of them being unable to deliver the gig wouldn't be happening. Simple as that. Live Aid was a sunstandard performance but only on repeated listenings in the cold light of day - it was a blast to watch it as it happened on TV.

I'm not the first to say that it has to be born in mind that these guys are nearly pensioners now so to expect the virility of use is pointless. The Stones can still put on a show so why shouldn't LZ?

It's amazing that an event that should cause such joy and excitement has stirred up more negative discussions. How on earth could you be disappointed attending such an incredible event :(

So true. How can anyone attending that concert be disappointed?

So true. How can anyone attending that concert be disappointed?

Exactly. I've waited most of my life for this and to be honest I don't care if they hum the f**k'in songs. Just to be there is good enough for me!

The press better not slay them for being old and/or rusty on some of their songs (i can't imagine that anyway). Realistically the fans will eat it up and be left wanting more, but the press is sometimes implacable when it comes to these kind of things. However, the practice that Jimmy has been insisting upon should leave heavily skeptic journalists with their foot in their mouth, so to speak. Of that I am certain.

No doubt we'll see this all over YouTube and hopefully a professionally produced DVD or even CD and then we can all be the judge of this. What an exciting time! These are the best moments. The moments of anticipation and excitement for the show. All those attending are very lucky people.

The press better not slay them for being old and/or rusty on some of their songs (i can't imagine that anyway). Realistically the fans will eat it up and be left wanting more, but the press is sometimes implacable when it comes to these kind of things. However, the practice that Jimmy has been insisting upon should leave heavily skeptic journalists with their foot in their mouth, so to speak. Of that I am certain.

No doubt we'll see this all over YouTube and hopefully a professionally produced DVD or even CD and then we can all be the judge of this. What an exciting time! These are the best moments. The moments of anticipation and excitement for the show. All those attending are very lucky people.

Exactly! I'd love to see that, and even if the media still had things to complain about (especially such intelligent things like "they became older since their last show", duh :blink: ), I would say, don't give a damn about it. Or perhaps we could make some satiric threads about that so called "excellent" and "professional" journalists then? :D I'd be looking forward to that ;)

I so hope we'll get both a CD and a DVD in good quality as soon as possible :)

I think they're getting some of the best Press they've ever had but there's always been people (Rolling Stone Magazine is the obvious one) trying to big themselves up by trashing the band.

It never matter then and it won't matter now. Our is the only opinion that matters.

I don't think they'll disappoint anyone that's going (I'm not one of the lucky ones). Even if they do suck, keep in mind: they haven't played together in 12 years so witnessing the magic of Page, Plant and Jones on stage playing some great music together would be incredible no matter what.

However, if I paid for those expensive tickets and they did disappoint, I'd be pretty bummed. Maybe even angry, but still happy I'd seen them.

To those of you not able to attend, I agree of course the show will be disappointing just think about it, it is obviously going to disappoint,.... right....if you arent going to the show you can stop reading now and go about your business.

If you ARE going to the show keep reading and forget what I just said....ROCK ON this is going to be amazing Whooooo Hooooo we are so lucky, no other event in your life will be like this unless you saw them before. I cant believe we are going to see them rock our boots off *dances around a bit.

To those of you not able to attend, I agree of course the show will be disappointing just think about it, it is obviously going to disappoint,.... right....if you arent going to the show you can stop reading now and go about your business.

If you ARE going to the show keep reading and forget what I just said....ROCK ON this is going to be amazing Whooooo Hooooo we are so lucky, no other event in your life will be like this unless you saw them before. I cant believe we are going to see them rock our boots off *dances around a bit.

As much as I want to be at the show, I'm happy for you. Be sure to report back to Zeppelin nation on how the show was after the concert.

The bottom line is that they are a lot older...you cannot expect them to be strutting their stuff like they did at the Royal Albert Hall or Madison Square Gardens back in the day. If you go to the show with that viewpoint, knowing that they are over 27 years older, then it will totally rock. :thumbsup: and I envy you. :lol:

They seem to have been rehearsing enough not to disappoint. As long as you don't expect to see them in their prime of the early 70's it will be a fantastic show :D

I mostly quite agree with you, but--

A number of folks have used this expression, and it tends to suggest that by not being in their prime now they are somehow worse/past it, etc. I think Robert Plant is absolutely in his prime as a singer, right now. Can't judge Jimmy as I haven't heard enough lately; can't believe Jonesy's gone off the boil. I don't think we need to qualify their abilities by saying, in effect, they'll be good considering their age.

They would not be performing if they felf that they could not provide a good performance.Legacy for them is everything.

Well, not everything. They live in the here and now too--we've just been watching Plant's new music video, for instance. I think the current stuff also means a lot to him. But I agree they'd never have agreed to do it if they felt they couldn't cut it.

Archived