songs that mean the most to you

danielmata

what songs mean the most to you? mine are "dedication" by C-bo, its a rap song about realizing that your afraid to die, and the struggles of living in an urban enviroment. my favorite part from "dedication" is the beginning which goes: "i used to be the main one screaming I'M PREPARED TO DIE, but when it came down to me laying on my deathbed i was scared to die". this is a very graphic song but it tells the truth, there are parts where talks about someone shooting at him and his kids at the park, or getting shot in a carjacking. the next song that means allot to me is "landslide" by fleetwood mac, my favorite part in that song is when she says "well i've been afraid of changing because i built my life around you, but time makes you bolder, even children get older, and im getting older too"

here is a link to the first one, i know i don't need to give a link to landslide lol i know everyone here knows it, if by any chance you don't...google it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEeaT_2iHDE

For some reason that I can't explain the song that means the most to me is Leif Erikson by Interpol!

This song kills me.

besides it, there are quite a few other songs that mean the world to me. Some songs by Led Zeppelin, Cat Stevens, Neil Young, Dylan, Hole...

Another one I remembered, and the most important one.

Ramble On- Led Zeppelin

first song I ever heard by them, I was alone and heard it on the radio...just lying there doing nothing and this song comes on, I hear Lord of The Rings references, being a huge fantasy fan I wanna know who the song was by....and from there...my love of music as an art form.

Stairway To Heaven. When I was five my dad moved his old stereo into my room, and it amazed me. The red lights on the equalizer, the turntable, the vinyl, all of it. He used to put Stairway To Heaven on for me when I went to bed. After I fell asleep he'd turn it off.

The Rain Song. My dad and I would lay down on the floor in my room and listen to music, one time this song came on and I laid my head on him and he told me a story that went with the song and I fell asleep on him.

Little Girl Blue (Janis Joplin)- It reminded me that no matter how hard things get, how alone you you feel, or just just plain done, someone is always there for and knows just how you feel.

Archived