Post A Pic Of Your Vacation

brspled

I have spent the weekend in a nice rural hotel, a charming place, about 200 Km from São Paulo. It was built in the XIX century as the main house of a coffee plantation. There were still slaves at the time in Brazil (such a dreadful, shameful chapter of our history), the first coffee trees (are they called trees? :huh: ) were planted there in 1870. The Italians came later on the end of the XIX century to live and work there. The houses built for the Italians are also still there. The coffee produced there is delicious, it’s mild due to the altitude, about 1,100 m above the sea level. Beautiful weather, beautiful scenery, lots of flowers - it's Spirng here - wonderful homemade food, best company of the world (my husband), well…is there a better way to start a new thread? B)

Fazenda Águas Claras

The main house (there are only 6 guest rooms in this small hotel)

aguasclaras059.jpg

aguasclaras030.jpg

aguasclaras019.jpg

Beautiful views

aguasclaras001.jpg

You can see the coffee trees in line there

aguasclaras014.jpg

:huh:

no more than 5 pics in each post?? <_<

OK, I can handle it. ;)

The view of the fazenda from the top of the hill

aguasclaras015.jpg

The houses built by the Italians

aguasclaras051.jpg

The fazenda by night

aguasclaras047.jpg

aguasclaras045.jpg

Yes, I'm helpless when it comes to vacation pics. :ph34r:

Thank you Eskimo and Aqua. I love to take pics and there are so many beautiful places I want to go...well, actually there's beauty everywhere, as they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, right? ;)

Fazenda and hacienda comes from Latin facienda, Aqua. The same origin.

A big rural property is called fazenda here in Brazil (there are almost no fazendas in Portugal, almost no properties there would fit to our definition of fazenda - this is a huge country, you know...)

Thank you Eskimo and Aqua. I love to take pics and there are so many beautiful places I want to go...well, actually there's beauty everywhere, as they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, right? ;)

Fazenda and hacienda comes from Latin facienda, Aqua. The same origin.

A big rural property is called fazenda here in Brazil (there are almost no fazendas in Portugal, almost no properties there would fit to our definition of fazenda - this is a huge country, you know...)

I thought you were going somewhere nice Celia and not some boring/dowdy coffee plantation.

:lol:

I was in London last week. Here are a few photos...

Statue honoring Queen Victoria outside of Buckingham Palace.

078.jpg

St. Paul's cathedral. Very cool place.

163.jpg

The Serpentine (man-made lake) in Hyde Park

219.jpg

The London Eye at twilight, just after me and my friends rode it at sunset.

142.jpg

View at the top. That's the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben down there.

134.jpg

Never really posted much on the old forums, but I figured I'd start doing so here. :)

These are from my last real vacation, when I went to California three years ago (Apparently, I don't get out much. I'll be going to Montréal and Québec this February, though). I really don't have many pictures, and I had a pretty crappy camera at the time, so I'll only post a few.

My last trip (I'm not even going to bother calling it a vacation) was to Nazareth, Pennsylvania, which is in the middle of nowhere. The only reason I went is because it happens to be where the Martin guitar factory is located. I took a tour through the factory and watched as the guitars were being made. It was a lot of fun, but I don't know how appropriate the pictures are in a 'vacation' thread, and how many people would even be interested. :lol: If anyone who plays guitar or appreciates that sort of thing ever happens to be in the vicinity it's really worthwhile, and completely free. :)

Anyways, here are a few from my last vacation:

california2.jpg

drphil.jpg

Dr. Phil's house.

flamingos.jpg

Some flamingos at the San Diego Zoo.

Man, looking at these pictures makes me wish I was somewhere warm right now; it's freezing here!

:thanku:

Mandy, I thought you'd like the pics, as you love flowers. ^_^ I'm sorry it's so cold there.

I DO love flowers! :lol:

It's actually not too cold here--some of my flowers are still alive! :o (I'm a bit shocked about that..)

Great pictures, Infidel!

Some more pics...

The Admiralty Arch at sunset.

093.jpg

Looking down from the top of St. Paul's 400+ steps from ground level. (There is no lift. :))

189.jpg

Moody London, also from St. Paul's.

183.jpg

Harrod's was all dressed up for Christmas.

202.jpg

These were taken about 18 months ago in Austria. I finally decided to post them. :lol:

This was the house we were staying in, on the top floor, up 39 stairs!!! :lol:

RIMG0146.jpg

This was the view from my bedroom window. I woke up to that every day for two weeks, it was amazing!!! We climbed that mountain in the distance.

RIMG0087.jpg

And this view was literally two minutes walk away. We walked all the way through that valley and the views get better and better. :yay:

RIMG0144.jpg

This was the highlight of the holiday, on top of the Austrian alps!! 3,150 metres up!!! That's me on the photo there.

RIMG0068.jpg

It was up there that we saw four golden eagles up close!!! Highlight of the holiday!!

RIMG0060.jpg

Just a few (of many) pictures from when I was in Scotland.

The view from my window in the hotel :lol::

DigitalCamera140.jpg

My bedside table:

DigitalCamera138.jpg

Greyfriar's Bobby (In Edinburgh):

DigitalCamera209.jpg

From a ghost walk in the vaults, underneath the South Bridge in Edinburgh. Apparently in that corner, pregnant women kept getting slashed on their backs for no apparent reason, and women could see orbs... I saw nothing :(

DigitalCamera236.jpg

At my aunt's house, I walked into the kitchen to take plates in, and I saw this...

DigitalCamera214.jpg

(so I took about five pictures!)

Archived