Post A Pic Of Your Vacation

brspled

ILJP92, you took five pics..and you posted all of them here! :lol::thumbsup:

Noora, where were you in Tuscany? Do you remember the name of this place? it's beautiful. Is this close to Volterra?

I can't remember.

Oh yeah, the castle/villa we stayed was Molino di Brolio and it was close to Siena. I don't think it's very close to Volterra.

I can't remember.

Oh yeah, the castle/villa we stayed was Molino di Brolio and it was close to Siena. I don't think it's very close to Volterra.

Thank you Noora. This place looks like the place I stayed back in 1992...it REALLY looks like it, it's unbelievable. I know there are lots of similar properties in that region and it would be a great coincidence if the two of us had stayed at the same place...but well, I can't remember the name of the place anymore, I don't have any information about it anymore, but I remeber it was not too far away from Volterra. But the resemblance is amazing. It was a beautiful place, we stayed at the tower - fantastic holidays, beautiful weather, lovely memories of those days. ^_^

Thank you Noora. This place looks like the place I stayed back in 1992...it REALLY looks like it, it's unbelievable. I know there are lots of similar properties in that region and it would be a great coincidence if the two of us had stayed at the same place...but well, I can't remember the name of the place anymore, I don't have any information about it anymore, but I remeber it was not too far away from Volterra. But the resemblance is amazing. It was a beautiful place, we stayed at the tower - fantastic holidays, beautiful weather, lovely memories of those days. ^_^

That's really cool, maybe it is the same place. :D:lol: I really loved the place.

Beautiful pics!

Where did you stay in Austria?

(I lived in Germany for three years, not far away from the Austrian border, I used to travel to Austria a lot. It's a beautiful country)

A place called Mallnitz. It is situated at an altitude higher than Ben Nevis...the highest mountain in the UK. :lol: The air was so clear and we were in a valley just surrouned by mountains. It was magical. You see scenes of Austria off of 'The Sound of Music' and when you are there you are not disappointed. The meadows, the mountains!!! THE HILLS ARE ALIVE WITH THE SOUND OF MUSIC!!! :lol:

We basically landed in Saltzburg and travelled for about 2hours to this town, Mallnitz. The only access to it is via train, which is quite interesting. It was a wonderful place, as you can no doubt see from the pics. :lol:

A place called Mallnitz. It is situated at an altitude higher than Ben Nevis...the highest mountain in the UK. :lol: The air was so clear and we were in a valley just surrouned by mountains. It was magical. You see scenes of Austria off of 'The Sound of Music' and when you are there you are not disappointed. The meadows, the mountains!!! THE HILLS ARE ALIVE WITH THE SOUND OF MUSIC!!! :lol:

We basically landed in Saltzburg and travelled for about 2hours to this town, Mallnitz. The only access to it is via train, which is quite interesting. It was a wonderful place, as you can no doubt see from the pics. :lol:

Whenever we are in Austria, my daughter starts to run and sing The Sound Of Music :lol::lol:

And she is 22 years old, you know? :lol::lol:

Great pics indeed!

Here are some more of wonderful Austria. Make sure you open them up properly to apprieciate them fully:

RIMG0162.jpg

and

RIMG0220.jpg

These pics take your breath away just looking at them...imagine actually being there!! It was unbelieveable. Simply unbelieveable.

And here we are....the first sign entering the fabulous Mallnitz:

RIMG0279.jpg

Me and my brother hiked up the side of this mountain. On the way there was this little hut overlooking Mallnitz so we headed specifically for that. And this was the view of Mallnitz from it:

RIMG0211.jpg

And on this next one is a shot from the same hut of the place we were staying. My room was the very top floor, the window on the far left as you are looking at it. The view from it was posted further back on this thread.

RIMG0209.jpg

Amazing ReR - absolutely breathtaking. I can only begin to imagine what it was like actually standing there. I love this thread because it just opens up so many traveling possibilities to plan for and you realise how much there is to see. I need to win the lotto desparately. Okay I need to play it first :wacko:

Amazing ReR - absolutely breathtaking. I can only begin to imagine what it was like actually standing there. I love this thread because it just opens up so many traveling possibilities to plan for and you realise how much there is to see. I need to win the lotto desparately. Okay I need to play it first :wacko:

Thanks. Yeah we watched the video footage of the holiday back once I had edited it all and put it into a nice DVD presentation. The footage is amazing, however it is totally impossible to capture the scene accurately. You have to stand there. It literally brings tears to your eyes. Definitely consider it as a possibility and if you are lucky you will see this too. On the DVD I made I put 'Stairway to Heaven' as the track to being on the top of the alps panning around...it was so fitting. You felt like you could literally reach out and touch heaven. :lol:

I was in London last week. Here are a few photos...

Hi!

I'm deep in love with London! Nice pics! I spent five days in Camden in August and did a lot of street walking in order to take pictures!

I have some pics from my last New Zealand tour - an amazig place where I had the pleasure to stay for several months. It won't have been the last time I fear.....

over_xl_5.jpg

over_xl_3.jpg

nz_xl_4.jpg

View more NZ pics http://www.colourscreen.de/html/h_land_2.htm#

Arohanui!

Tinkerbell

It was magical. You see scenes of Austria off of 'The Sound of Music' and when you are there you are not disappointed. The meadows, the mountains!!! THE HILLS ARE ALIVE WITH THE SOUND OF MUSIC!!! :lol:

Hello!

I live near the Austrian border and here in the southern part of Bavaria we have also a spectacular alpine scenery. I travelled a lot and was on many places of the world - but our area is where my heart is! (Another part of it is devoted to Great Britain which has such an amazing countryside!)

It's lovely to hear that so many foreign folk is such fond of our region!!!!

Love

Tinkerbell

Hello!

I live near the Austrian border and here in the southern part of Bavaria we have also a spectacular alpine scenery. I travelled a lot and was on many places of the world - but our area is where my heart is! (Another part of it is devoted to Great Britain which has such an amazing countryside!)

It's lovely to hear that so many foreign folk is such fond of our region!!!!

Love

Tinkerbell

That's amazing that you are from Austria. I envy you so much. It was the best trip of my life so far, but it was the only time I have ever been out of the UK. :lol: I wouldn't hesitate to go again.

Great pics of London!! Some good posts. I made sure I visited the Dali gallery while in London. I saw some of his most famous works. Amazing. The sights in London are great, very unique as well. :thumbsup:

Hi!

I'm deep in love with London! Nice pics! I spent five days in Camden in August and did a lot of street walking in order to take pictures!

I have some pics from my last New Zealand tour - an amazig place where I had the pleasure to stay for several months. It won't have been the last time I fear.....

Arohanui!

Tinkerbell

Glad you like London its a great place !! and I sooooo want to go to New Zealand one day !!!

here is Tunisia

DSCN5097.jpg

DSCN5192.jpg

me

DSCN5214.jpg

my lady

DSCN5278.jpg

Archived