New Zeppelin interviews in 'Uncut' Magazine

hot dog

^ That's good. Stylistic variety it is, then.

What makes me wonder in Robert's remarks is not the sort of 'health problem' referred to, because that's totally obvious from the context:

RPonPage.jpg

What makes me wonder is rather the time he's referring to. B)

Chiropractors are the best. I didn't believe in them for years, but boy they really know what they're doing.

For me its Osteopaths - they too really know what they're doing! :)

Lets face it ... I love Jimmy to bits, but he has always been a back injury waiting to happen with that low slung guitar playing! :D

For me its Osteopaths - they too really know what they're doing! :)

Lets face it ... I love Jimmy to bits, but he has always been a back injury waiting to happen with that low slung guitar playing! :D

I was thinking that, too. Well, it looked cool, anyway B)

Didn't Jimmy say recently that the O2 show as the first gig he played sober? Or did he say it was the first ZEPPELIN gig he played sober?

He said it was the first Zeppelin gig sober, but it could well be his first gig ever I suppose.

What I would infer from what is being talked about here is that Page's "health issues" (drug/alcohol problem) hampered the Page/Plant collaboration. It's not a slight on Jimmy, because addiction is addiction. He is clean now and much better off for it.

The back injury - well I didn't realise that it was a big secret how it happened. I thought he just hurt it. But now SAJ is saying there was an incident...well the imagination goes wild.

I guess just because he wasn't sober for the other gigs doesn't mean he was drunk/stoned either. But if he had a slug of jack before each show, technically he's not sober is he...?

That would make him a regular whiskey drinker. There were also stories about banana daquiris and gin.

I didn't realise that it was a big secret how it happened. I thought he just hurt it. But now SAJ is saying there was an incident...well the imagination goes wild.

I'm just saying it happened offstage on the day off. People hurt their backs all the time doing ordinary activities. What he was doing has not been disclosed publicly so I must be mindful not to be as specific as I could be. It was neither sexual nor adventurous!

He said it was the first Zeppelin gig sober, but it could well be his first gig ever I suppose.

What I would infer from what is being talked about here is that Page's "health issues" (drug/alcohol problem) hampered the Page/Plant collaboration. It's not a slight on Jimmy, because addiction is addiction. He is clean now and much better off for it.

The back injury - well I didn't realise that it was a big secret how it happened. I thought he just hurt it. But now SAJ is saying there was an incident...well the imagination goes wild.

I think we have it here in a nut shell.

Jimmy, bless 'em, lived and loved the Rock n Roll lifestyle long after Robert was brought back down to Earth.

Robert said that he took his last illegal substance back in 1977,when he lost his son,and decided to uphold his commitment to his family.

I have had the impression for years that although (and because) he loves Jimmy he also frowned upon many of his lifestyle choices.Even to the deprivation of his own reputation and bank balance!

It is a tactic that I have experienced myself and is a kin to the concept of "Tough Love"

Robert does not need Jimmy,He has made his fortune and money has no hold over him.

Jimmy does need Robert!; Jimmy knows that Robet was his greatest musical foil,the thing Jimmy always craved in the early years was perfection.In his sobriety he knows that the only way now to a return to musical glory is in the hands of Robert.

although he loves Robert (though, I suspect at times would cheerfully like to strangle him!)he realises that Robert holds the trump card.

Jimmy, both inwardly and outwardly in the last few years has appeared to have changed.

As a life long fan,I had never heard him speak untill the o2 concert and now he seems to be all over the place giving interviews!

It really does seem to me that Jimmy is going through the hoops .

There is only two possible explanatians for this.

1.Jimmy really has finally exorcised his demons and rejoined the Human Race. :o

2.He is putting on a show to impress Robert. :unsure:

... I remember Page and the Crowes cancelled part of their tour as Jimmy hurt his back in 2000/ 2001. I had 2nd row tickets and passes to see them here in Atlanta. They never rescheduled it. :(

R B)

Jimmy, bless 'em, lived and loved the Rock n Roll lifestyle long after Robert was brought back down to Earth.

Robert said that he took his last illegal substance back in 1977,when he lost his son,and decided to uphold his commitment to his family.

I have had the impression for years that although (and because) he loves Jimmy he also frowned upon many of his lifestyle choices.Even to the deprivation of his own reputation and bank balance!

It is a tactic that I have experienced myself and is a kin to the concept of "Tough Love"

Robert does not need Jimmy,He has made his fortune and money has no hold over him.

Jimmy does need Robert!; Jimmy knows that Robet was his greatest musical foil,the thing Jimmy always craved in the early years was perfection.In his sobriety he knows that the only way now to a return to musical glory is in the hands of Robert.

although he loves Robert (though, I suspect at times would cheerfully like to strangle him!)he realises that Robert holds the trump card.

Jimmy, both inwardly and outwardly in the last few years has appeared to have changed.

As a life long fan,I had never heard him speak untill the o2 concert and now he seems to be all over the place giving interviews!

Bonzo and Jonesy were Jimmy's greatest musical foils.

That paragraph in the interview about how it's too bad Jimmy wasn't so "open and healthy" in the 90's may contain truth but is so self-aggrandizing it makes my teeth hurt. This from a singer who was pretty much losing his voice to cigarettes at the time. This from a man who could walk away from professional commitments because, you know, "I don't feel like it" (something I stopped getting away with when I was like, six). This from someone who frequently behaves as though it's more important to be "open" than kind.

I hope Page is finished offering olive branches and jumping through hoops, now. He's done what was necessary; indeed he has shown himself to be an adult who's faced his demons, a remarkable feat of survival and growth given his life.

Ball's in the other court; if it isn't returned, it's time to move on. There are lots of wonderful singers in the world; guest stars for different projects seem like a fine idea to me. Page investing no more time indulging Plant would be healthy behavior indeed.

I look forward with great interest to the autumn. There are only so many of them left, after all.

Although I have no way of verifying this, I agree that RP was probably administrating some tough love. I do not agree however, that they need each other to be successful. I would like to think that if they ever do decide to do something ,that it would be because they wanted to

There is some interesting reading in this thread. I had never thought about some of the things discussed here. Makes me think about relationships/friendships, and how they change over time.

My childhood heroes now look like regular guys :D and I don't love them any less for it.

Concerning Jimmy's back problems with the Crowes.

I remember watching the Jay Leno "gig" and towards the end of the song Jimmy bends over fairly low with the guitar, I immediately thought to myself "ouch" he's too old to be doing that. The next day they announced the end of the tour. If his back was hurting before the show, I don't think he's going to bend over like that.

The other thing that I remember is a quote from Chris Robinson which was something like "I respect Jimmy as a musician, but have no respect for him as a person". Which leads me to believe that there may have been something else going on besides Jimmy's bad back.

Concerning Jimmy's back problems with the Crowes.

I remember watching the Jay Leno "gig" and towards the end of the song Jimmy bends over fairly low with the guitar, I immediately thought to myself "ouch" he's too old to be doing that. The next day they announced the end of the tour. If his back was hurting before the show, I don't think he's going to bend over like that.

The other thing that I remember is a quote from Chris Robinson which was something like "I respect Jimmy as a musician, but have no respect for him as a person". Which leads me to believe that there may have been something else going on besides Jimmy's bad back.

Chris Robinson is an Aries and Jimmy Page is a Capricorn; they were bound to have some differences.

Archived