How is the new David Fricke "Mothership" essay?

mhotter74

I was hoping that some of the fans who have picked up the new Mothership compilation could comment on any details and thoughts on David Fricke's accompanying essay. Anything juicier than the old Cameron Crowe rehashes?

Thanks!

Has anyone noticed how low-res the images on the back of the case and inside the booklet are? looks like they were taken off the net, although Ross Halfin gets a photo research credit so they mustn't be???

I was hoping that some of the fans who have picked up the new Mothership compilation could comment on any details and thoughts on David Fricke's accompanying essay. Anything juicier than the old Cameron Crowe rehashes?

Thanks!

Fricke starts with the Atlantic Press release that they'd signed a "hot, new English group", and describes the article.

Then he moves on to discuss some facts about the early days of Led Zeppelin, and some reactions to them.

Fricke goes through every song on the album and basically gives a few facts about each. He highlights certain members for certain songs.

All the while he presents this information in a chronological order.

At some points he is speaking to people who know Led Zeppelin very well, and at some points he is speaking to Led Zeppelin novices.

I enjoyed the Crowe article much more, but I can't recall why.

Maybe it's the aforementioned new quotes.

I enjoyed the Crowe article much more, but I can't recall why.

Actually I was a little bit astonished because the booklet was not written by Cameron Crowe. He is a member of the family. Infact, I missed him.

Sorry, David Fricke! Maybe I'm just getting old and a little bit nostalgic. Somehow.

Archived