The Mighty Boosh

Mona

I was wondering what you thought of the new series, as it is because of you, of course, that I owe my love of the Boosh.

I do agree with you, though. I thought that about the second season, too, but it doesn't make it any less enjoyable to watch or any less funny, in my opinion. I would like to see them do something similar to the first series again, though. Just the pure silliness of it.

I have to say I have found each series slightly less funny than the one before, but it's nothing major.

It's still the funniest thing on telly by a mile.

And I am only two episodes into the third series, so things might change.

I watched Journey to the Centre of the Punk for a second time lastnight and I did prefer it this time 'round.

edit: oh, and Chicken, I really get what you mean about the new season. It's still funny as ever, but there is a certain...awareness...that seems to hover about.

Awareness...yeah, that's a good word for it.

I have to say I have found each series slightly less funny than the one before, but it's nothing major.

It's still the funniest thing on telly by a mile.

And I am only two episodes into the third series, so things might change.

I watched Journey to the Centre of the Punk for a second time lastnight and I did prefer it this time 'round.

Awareness...yeah, that's a good word for it.

Hey, though, like you said it's still the funniest thing on. And there are always some truely genious parts...Old Gregg from the second season comes to mind. I thought the Punk one was excellent. It was hilarious when he started scatting. :hysterical: I liked the blood cells too.

Hey, though, like you said it's still the funniest thing on. And there are always some truely genious parts...Old Gregg from the second season comes to mind. I thought the Punk one was excellent. It was hilarious when he started scatting. :hysterical: I liked the blood cells too.

Oh yeah, and Vince's brain was a stroke of genius.

I have to find out how you go about getting Gary Numan to live in your cupboard.

"It's what's inside that counts..." :D

Oh yeah, and Vince's brain was a stroke of genius.

I have to find out how you go about getting Gary Numan to live in your cupboard.

"It's what's inside that counts..." :D

LOL, the Amy Winehouse secretary, and his one brain cell watching the TV. :hysterical:

Also, I knew Vince was bi...how could you not? Haha.

Anyway, I've got to go watch the next one, now that my computer's done downloading... :D

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't been able to watch much of the Boosh, due to almost always being put on night shift <_< .

However I thought the episode with the mod wolves and Howard rescuing his mentor was great :lol:.

"Cheese is a kind of meat, a tasty yellow beef, I milk it from my teat, but I try to be discrete"

:P

I'm trying to figure this out. This is a UK tv show, right? Well....somehow it's a band too? Wha?

The Mighty Boosh has been incarnated as a live show, radio show, and television show (which is what we're mostly talking about here). The shows always contain some musical numbers, which are composed and performed by the same comedians who write and act in the shows.

Who knows, maybe they'll become a band next?

Hope that answers your question, DN; I (like anyone else) would highly recommend you check out the tv show!!

I'm trying to figure this out. This is a UK tv show, right? Well....somehow it's a band too? Wha?

No, not a band. It's a British comedy show, made up of Julian Barratt and Noel Fielding. They do have songs in the show, though. Noel is in a band, though, called IAMX, and I think he sometimes plays with Robots in Disguise, which is a band his girlfriend is in. The Mighty Boosh, though, is just a show. :)

The Mighty Boosh has been incarnated as a live show, radio show, and television show (which is what we're mostly talking about here). The shows always contain some musical numbers, which are composed and performed by the same comedians who write and act in the shows.

Who knows, maybe they'll become a band next?

Hope that answers your question, DN; I (like anyone else) would highly recommend you check out the tv show!!

We can talk about the live show and radio show as well. :D They're all excellent.

Also, Chicken, if you get this...you were going to send me some Robots in Disguise stuff ages ago, but never got around to it. Can you do that?

But yeah, Ricky, check them out. There should be links on youtube, but I think they might have taken them down...if not, they might be on google video, and I know there are various sites where you can download them.

the mighty boosh is the best programme EVER!!!:lol: anyone watch it last night?

I didn't see it on the TV since they don't play it here, but I saw it online. Like I said before, I wasn't expecting that, but I really wasn't suprised. :lol: It was really funny the way they did it, though. It was also oddly sweet, in an akward and strange kind of way.

"I'm a massive gayist!"

:hysterical:

No, not a band. It's a British comedy show, made up of Julian Barratt and Noel Fielding. They do have songs in the show, though. Noel is in a band, though, called IAMX, and I think he sometimes plays with Robots in Disguise, which is a band his girlfriend is in. The Mighty Boosh, though, is just a show. :)

He isn't in IAMX, he just plays bass for them once in a blue moon.

(all the fan-girl knowledge accumulates :rolleyes: , btw IAMX=hot!)

He isn't in IAMX, he just plays bass for them once in a blue moon.

(all the fan-girl knowledge accumulates :rolleyes: , btw IAMX=hot!)

OK, got it. It's a bit hard to follow what they've all done or do or whatever.

I saw an episode of Garth Maghrasomethingrather's Dark Place on Adult Swim last night. It was nice to see Julian's face on my TV instead of my computer for once. :lol:

Also, Chicken, if you get this...you were going to send me some Robots in Disguise stuff ages ago, but never got around to it. Can you do that?

Are you sure that was me?

I haven't actually got any RiD stuff! I've been meaning to get some for ages now but I always end up getting something else instead!

I feel as though I should just mention the kiss...has to be done really. :lol:

Well, I kinda knew it was coming because my mate Lorna accidentally told me! But it was still very amusing.

My boyfriend was totally freaked out by it. :lol:

I haven't actually got any RiD stuff! I've been meaning to get some for ages now but I always end up getting something else instead!

I feel as though I should just mention the kiss...has to be done really. :lol:

Well, I kinda knew it was coming because my mate Lorna accidentally told me! But it was still very amusing.

My boyfriend was totally freaked out by it. :lol:

I could have sworn it was you. :huh: LOL

It was funny. I love everything that happened after it, Howard deciding that he was a "massive gayist" and Vince telling him to stop falling in love with anyone who shows him any affection, then Vince getting all upset when the girl showed up and Howard broke up with him. :hysterical:

Why do guys get freaked out by stuff like that? I mean, Noel and Julian have kissed tons of times, for one thing, he should be used to it by now. Most the girls I know don't feel threatened or freaked out when they see girls kissing other girls on TV or something. :huh: Of course, maybe the people I know are just wierd...

Dammit, it's Chicken's fault I like this. :D

Although I'm obviously grateful for this, it's a double-edge sword at the moment as (due to a nasty bout of bronchitis), I can't get through five minutes of T'Boosh (as we say Oop North) without collapsing in a half-coughing/half-laughing heap. The drugs help though...but only a bit.

To Mona and Chicken: I've got the first and second RiD albums...I could upload and send them to you two, if you'd like?

Archived