Music that irritates your spouse, significant other or friends

JethroTull

My wife really really really hates Led Zeppelin. She likes a song here and there, but can't understand why I listen to them all the time. I have 1000 boots and she thinks they all sound the same. Obviously, she can't tell the difference between an EVSD, Wendy, Tarantura, Beezlebub, or Image Quality (among others) release of the same show. :D

Most people I know can't stand Zeppelin. Because they are dorks. Not like us cool people.

Hurray, Suz is here!! :D

I have the symbols decal on the back of my SUV, and one of my neighbors caught me outside by my drive way one day and asked, "so, who is the Zeppelin freak?". i think I shocked her when I said it was me. I live in a very conservative, suburban town. its a great place to raise your kids...but God help you if you show your individuality!

Hurray, Suz is here!! :D

I have the symbols decal on the back of my SUV, and one of my neighbors caught me outside by my drive way one day and asked, "so, who is the Zeppelin freak?". i think I shocked her when I said it was me. I live in a very conservative, suburban town. its a great place to raise your kids...but God help you if you show your individuality!

Hey, Misty! Well the people I know have a poo-poo attitude about it, as though it's beneath them and their musical tastes. Dumbasses!

My wife really really really hates Led Zeppelin. She likes a song here and there, but can't understand why I listen to them all the time. I have 1000 boots and she thinks they all sound the same. Obviously, she can't tell the difference between an EVSD, Wendy, Tarantura, Beezlebub, or Image Quality (among others) release of the same show. :D

I know curiosity killed the freakin' cat, but may I know WHAT wifie likes musically speaking?! :)

Rob

Hey, Misty! Well the people I know have a poo-poo attitude about it, as though it's beneath them and their musical tastes. Dumbasses!

oh please! beneath them? who the hell are they....martha friggin stewart?? people need to lighten up...and perhaps light up...like a big joint. LOL! God, I wish I could...but my 20's are long gone and my kids are here to stay (thank God). :rolleyes:

oh please! beneath them? who the hell are they....martha friggin stewart?? people need to lighten up...and perhaps light up...like a big joint. LOL! God, I wish I could...but my 20's are long gone and my kids are here to stay (thank God). :rolleyes:

I know a lot of uptight people who think they are god's gift to music. It's really getting old (and so are they, which is why they are uptight).

I know a lot of uptight people who think they are god's gift to music. It's really getting old (and so are they, which is why they are uptight).

LOL! I am never getting old....just getting better! plus, i tend to be quite silly and laugh at immature things like a 16 year old.

LOL! I am never getting old....just getting better! plus, i tend to be quite silly and laugh at immature things like a 16 year old.

Me too, mine's almost 16 and we laugh til we practically puke. 'Night, Misty. Let's keep irritating the friends/neighbors with Zeppelin! B)

Me too, mine's almost 16 and we laugh til we practically puke. 'Night, Misty. Let's keep irritating the friends/neighbors with Zeppelin! B)

Zeppelin wedgies for all!!! :P

goodnight, suz!

Some people's minds are closed and they don't get it. What's funny is, the people who are the most vocal in saying they don't like Zeppelin, are usually the ones who have heard the least of their music, if anything at all.

I find that most people who have heard a little Zeppelin and have the frame of mind to explore further (rather than a closed mind to life) end up fans, because the music speaks for itself.

A guy on my street claims that ACDC's body of work puts Zep to shame.....BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

He blasts "For Those About To Rock" and asks me what Zep song could possibly equal it's greatness. That's when i turn and walk away, with the understanding that he is a complete retard.

I just remembered about 10 years ago, my wife had the girls over for a gossip session and whatever else they do. I told her that i'd be home by 11 and that perhaps they could leave by then so i could get some sleep. Lo and behold, i get home and there they are. Sooooooooooo, went downstairs, picked out something very nasty(a crowd buster) and cranked up Black Flag.

The house was empty in 10 minutes flat.

Fallout Boys, Bowling for Soup, Snow Patrol, Maroon 5 - stuff like that.

I chalked Maroon 5 up as pop until I saw them live. They actually are better rockers than they let on, and have very edgy/cynical lyrics. But you really don't pick up on that from hearing them on the radio.

We were looking up their videos on You Tube for the kids; and found this one that kind of shatters the pop image; NOT appropriate for younger kids by the way (we found out the hard way):

--------------

My husband doesn't especially like Stevie Nicks/Fleetwood Mac; nor does he like the Cure.

I've heard the Butthole Surfers mentioned alot, but never heard their music or knew JPJ was associated with them. My brother in law came to the Thanksgiving table wearing one of their shirts, and even I had to mention how inappropriate it seemed...

My wife likes Zep, Floyd, Beatles, etc... so there's plenty to enjoy together. She also likes Barry Manilow, Josh Groban, Bee Gees, etc... these must be the tests that each marraige goes through, that the priest was talking about at the alter?

Archived