Music that irritates your spouse, significant other or friends

JethroTull

Almost all of my music bugs almost all of my friends. Zep bothers them the most though. Then Janis comes second. My mom hates it all, she ever went far as to say I can't listen to the song White Rabbit in her house.

ME: "Mom, it's about Alice and Wonderland."

Her:"Is that what the hooka smoking caterpillar is about?"

Me: "Yes."

Her: "I don't think so, I don't want to hear that song again in my house".

Despite her bad taste in music, she isn't really that bad. She likes to take me shopping.

My mom hates it all, she ever went far as to say I can't listen to the song White Rabbit in her house.

ME: "Mom, it's about Alice and Wonderland."

Her:"Is that what the hooka smoking caterpillar is about?"

Me: "Yes."

Her: "I don't think so, I don't want to hear that song again in my house".

Surely you know what that catepillar was smoking in that hookah don't you?

Your mom knows. <_<

I've irritated friends on road trips years ago in my car, had a 200watt amp with subs, 100watt amp for the 6by9 speakers... so -in my time of dying and dazed from tsrts got on some peoples nerves at times. But extended listening where the hair on your head is moving from high volume could annoy anyone.

Wasn't Alice In Wonderland drug-induced?

Yes, the orginial book was.

I've irritated friends on road trips years ago in my car, had a 200watt amp with subs, 100watt amp for the 6by9 speakers... so -in my time of dying and dazed from tsrts got on some peoples nerves at times. But extended listening where the hair on your head is moving from high volume could annoy anyone.

That wouldn't bother me. I sit and listen to it. When I listen to White Rabiit (not at my mom's) I put Surrealistic Pillow on my turntable and turn the stereo way up and fix the equalizer so it's a little bit fuller, and it vibrates the floors. That is the only way to listen to that song.

That wouldn't bother me. I sit and listen to it. When I listen to White Rabiit (not at my mom's) I put Surrealistic Pillow on my turntable and turn the stereo way up and fix the equalizer so it's a little bit fuller, and it vibrates the floors. That is the only way to listen to that song.

A loud listening experience is a must to truly enjoy the music every now and then. When i was younger i listened to music loud most of the time... but now i pick and chose my moments to get the full effect. A couple of hours of loud rock music sort of aligns everything, in regards to the meaning of life and all...therapy if you will. :D

My friend's mom grimaced when she first heard Robert Plant's Tin Pan Valley live. She prefers easy-listening consonant sounds; if she hears anything dissonant she flies off the roof into the soothing blue for relief.

That song is very cool at high volume. I share the disdain for fakeness and insincerity, so at loud volumes it sounds really good. like this....

One of -plants most exciting ventures into hard rock with his solo stuff.

I think I drove a few friends nuts several years back when I got on a big Surf music kick. Yes, it can be quite repetitive but at the time I just couldn't get enough of it. As for my family, most of us are on the same musical wavelength. Same for my girlfriend but she does have a low tolerance for a few artists. I'm also not a huge fan of everything she likes but our common ground far outweighs the stuff we don't care for.

I bought (and enjoy) a couple of Gentle Giant CD's last year. They drive my wife nuts.

That's too true. I've been listening to GG since the 70s and have pretty much updated all the old albums to CDs now. I listen to all of them all the time and my wife hates it. Of course she hated Genesis 'Selling England by the Pound' until we saw The Musical Box. Then she said she almost understood it and kind of liked it. She also thinks Zeppelin would be pretty good "if he didn't scream so much". Go figure. ^_^

That's too true. I've been listening to GG since the 70s and have pretty much updated all the old albums to CDs now. I listen to all of them all the time and my wife hates it. Of course she hated Genesis 'Selling England by the Pound' until we saw The Musical Box. Then she said she almost understood it and kind of liked it. She also thinks Zeppelin would be pretty good "if he didn't scream so much". Go figure. ^_^

I saw -the musical box, great show...apparently they are not going to be around much more. My friend is a big -genesis fan and said they are playing their final show somtime soon, also collins played drums with them in switzerland a few yrs ago or something.

I saw -the musical box, great show...apparently they are not going to be around much more. My friend is a big -genesis fan and said they are playing their final show somtime soon, also collins played drums with them in switzerland a few yrs ago or something.

Well, that's a shame. I would love to go see them again. There are some pics of them chumming with GG on the GG web site so I guess they were buds too. That would surely be a hell of a circle of friends.

Well, that's a shame. I would love to go see them again. There are some pics of them chumming with GG on the GG web site so I guess they were buds too. That would surely be a hell of a circle of friends.

I dont know the exact story, but they are going to go on in some form i think. Whether its a -three sides live thing or something, i forget. Sure its all online on their site.

Actually this song jams, but for the uninitiated, it lives up to it's title.

From one of my favorite 90's albums

(produced by John Paul Jones, BTW)

I love the Butthole Surfers.I have that on vinyl as well as Electric Larry Land. :drunk:

My roommates detest Led Zeppelin, but that's only because I play them all day long and I refuse to turn it down. When I play my guitar, I pretty much only play songs by them, too. Then I randomly insert "I'M GOING TO A ROBERT PLANT CONCERT!!!" into conversations when it's entirely inappropriate and irrelevant. :P

But I'm going to a Robert Plant concert!!!!! I refuse to stop saying this until I've seen him. Then I will just randomly yell, "I WENT TO A ROBERT PLANT CONCERT!!!"

Well, I guess it kinda depends on which one he thought you looked like. I mean, if he thinks you look like boobs on a stick (Posh), at least you're hot enough for David Beckham, right? If you're Ginger, at least you were smart enough to quit the band, right? If you're Sporty, you can do backflips on a table! You can't put a price on that. I don't know about the other two.

We used to call the black one Skanky Spice, LOL. I remember a friend of mine's boyfriend loved all of the Spice girls except for her. He said he'd let all of them sit in the front seat of his truck with him, "but her ass is in the back."

I don't know who any of them really are other than Baby and Posh because I was never into them. ROFL.

Archived