ELO

Mona

I remember when i was 13 and hearing Don't Bring me down, I thought that was so heavy, then a year later I got into AC/DC and Iron maiden and then realised that they were heavy :D , But as a kid I liked them, today if i ever hear Mr Blue Sky I have to always stop and listen..a really great beatle rip off, a classic !!

Boy do I feel old, I love ELO, they are part of the soundtrack of my youth, when I was a kid you couldn't turn on the radio with out hearing ELO. Some of my favorite tracks are the "El Dorado Overture" "Can't Get it Out of My Head" and "Strange Magic", just to name a few....

When I was taking horticulture in high school, I remember a friend of mine said a girl in her class kept singing "Don't bring me down, no, no , no , no, noooo, Spruuccee!" While making Christmas wreaths with spruce boughs. :hysterical:

So now, any time I hear the song, I hear "spruce" instead of Bruce. :P

I loved ELO, but it's been a long time since I've rock and rolled with them...

Boy do I feel old, I love ELO, they are part of the soundtrack of my youth, when I was a kid you couldn't turn on the radio with out hearing ELO. Some of my favorite tracks are the "El Dorado Overture" "Can't Get it Out of My Head" and "Strange Magic", just to name a few....

I wouldn't say I love ELO, but they are sure part of the soundtrack of my youth too. But they are a bit too much for me today. Some of their songs are great, others...oh, well, they worked at the time. :)

When I was taking horticulture in high school, I remember a friend of mine said a girl in her class kept singing "Don't bring me down, no, no , no , no, noooo, Spruuccee!" While making Christmas wreaths with spruce boughs. :hysterical:

So now, any time I hear the song, I hear "spruce" instead of Bruce. :P

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ELO kicks ass!

"Dont let me down...bruceeeeeeee!"

*Dont Bring Me Down*

B)

Yeah, me too. (feelin old.. and the rest of it)

Love em.

"Out Of The Blue" was a regular on my turntable. B)

*http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pVihntUEVw*

2026272-1427351974.jpg

i'm a huge fan mainly of a new world record era and back to the first album. especially like the album 'on the third day'.i like other related bands such as the move and the idle race as well.

Quote:

^ LOL ! Did you know ELO actually didi dabble in backward masking ? nothing "satanic" though ...."Fire on High "was one track.....I think.

played backwards it pokes fun at people wasting their time playing records backwards

the backwards message is something like this:

"the music is reversible but unfortunately time isn't, turn back turn back"

and there is a "satanic element" to the song , not played backwards but played forwards.

for one, the orchestral voices you hear on the track are not a normal choir they were

actually people picked from a satanic church choir to do those parts.

• 4 weeks later...
Why does backward masking always have to have something satanic related to it? <_<

Has anyone ever seen a pic of Jeff Lynne without the specs on? I'm just curious to know what he actually looks like without them.

I decided to see if I could find some for you, and there are actually quite a few of them on google, suprisingly. I didn't think he ever took the glasses off.

220px-Jeff_Lynne_1976.jpg

themove1970.jpg

Anyway, I've become addicted to the songs "Mr. Blue Sky" and "Sweet Talking Woman." :wub:

Jeff Lynne is an underrated pop-song writing genius.

ELO were ahead of their time & comparisons with the Beatles were not completely unfounded.

Well, Jeff Lynne and George Harrison were close friends. It makes sense they would barrow from each other.

Archived