ELO

Mona

ELO just didn't get the credit they deserved. I too would call it pop song writing genius!

Thanks for sharing the spec-less photos of Lynne. I think he looks better with them on B)

You're welcome. I agree with you, but maybe we just think that because we're used to the glasses.

^ :lol:

I have a question: who the hell is Bruce? Anyone know?

It's not actually Bruce.....

Misheard Lyrics:

Don't bring me down.....Grrruucce!

or

Don't bring me down.....Bruce!

or

Original Lyrics:

Don't bring me down.....Grroosss!

BUT Lynne has stated that after hearing so many crowds say "Bruce!"....the band actually started singing it that way...pretty cool!!!

It's not actually Bruce.....

Misheard Lyrics:

Don't bring me down.....Grrruucce!

or

or

Original Lyrics:

Don't bring me down.....Grroosss!

BUT Lynne has stated that after hearing so many crowds say "Bruce!"....the band actually started singing it that way...pretty cool!!!

Alright, thanks. Although I don't know what a groos is either, so that doesn't help. But yeah, I was a bit baffled, because the rest of the song makes it sound like he's singing about a girl ("what happened to the girl I used to know", ect,) then he says Bruce, so I was like this -> :huh:

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I saw ELO, and it was one of the worst performances ever. In fact, it literally killed the band Milli-Vanilli style. Using pre-recorded tapes on stage was bad enough, but the giant flying spaceship as a stage looked like a flying clam from a bad 50's science fiction flick. People booed, the report of tapes came out, and ELO was no more.

"Eldorado" was always my favorite studio album. They lost me with "New World Record".

• 4 months later...

Archived