• Barack Obama
    • Ron Paul
    • Mitt Romney
    • Bill Richardson
    • Fred Thompson

Poor old John McCain...

"How many houses do you own?"

"Umm, I'll have to ask my staff..."

Surely he could've thought of a better answer than that??

Sounds like a reasonable answer to me, afterall the guy is pretty wealthy (through his wife's family).

But I wonder how John Kerry would have answered the same question? You know rich people pretty much just don't just own real estate -- they own 'portfolios' of real estate! Often divided into investment property, main residences and also vacation homes. What is so suprising about that? If you had no problem with John Kerry's wealth, why are you so hypocritical about McCain's wealth?

"All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others" - George Orwell (Animal Farm)

This is basically a non-issue. If family wealth was such a negative issue to Democrats then Jimmy Carter, JFK and FDR would have been villified for this as well. As it stands, you sappy libs only seem to have a problem with McCain and the Bush family on this issue.

And it's not like the Obama family is in the poor farm either. Although they seem to have taken a tip from the Clintons when it comes to getting deals on their real estate aquisitions through less than scrupulous folks.

*cough* Tony Rezko

:whistling:

You're comparing John McCain to John Kerry.

..the guy you repubs branded an "out-of-touch elitist".

Thank you for (double-pun intended) driving the point home, Del. :beer:

Talk about out of touch.

Do you really think that Joe-Joe East coast liberal Biden and twice miserably failed Presidential canidate, is going to help and pick up Independent votes and Repulican supporting traditional Democrats in those red states?

Maybe not as bad of ticket as Mondale/Ferraro or McGovern/Shriver :lol:

But still pretty lame.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American [barrack Obama] who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy," -- "I mean, that's a storybook, man." Senator Joseph Biden

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ABC's George Stephanopoulos: "You were asked is he ready. You said 'I think he can be ready, but right now I don't believe he is. The presidency is not something that lends itself to on-the-job training.'"

Sen. Biden: "I think that I stand by the statement."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I would be honored to run with or against John McCain, because I think the country would be better off." - Senator Joe Biden

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And then how about Obama's slip up today as he introduced Joe Biden:

Let me introduce to you, the next president ... the next vice president, of the United States of America: Joe Biden.” - Barrack Obama 8/23/08

homer_simpson_doh_02.gif

:hysterical::hysterical::banana:

Ah, is this the part where I have to dumb things down for the neanderthals? :P

How about, and this is just a mere suggestion, you look at the potential of Obama being President within the context of recent US history...for example within 50 years the USA has gone from some areas having racial segregation to an African-American being a Presidential candidate... that's one hell of a social change right there...

For the screaming Republicans on this website, just let me remind you that a) I'm not American b ) I do not prefer Republican or Democrat and c ) I've said it before and I'll say it again, as far as I'm concerned both McCain and Obama are fine candidates, and either one of them will be able to execute the job in a capable fashion.

I'm just providing an indepedent imput to the thread, to go alongside the tired, old party-line divisions we always see every single US election...

Ahahaha! See, you just proved again why I wuv u :hippy:

One good thing about the Biden pick is we won't have to listen to all the "McCain's too old" BS anymore. They are both "from the olden days" and "wrinkly white haired dudes" .

Not to mention the obvious lame attempt to cover a bald head factor as well. Everytime I looked at McCain's comb over I had wonder who was in his corner to give him a 'realitiy check.'

The Biden choice has just rendered that point moot.

:lol:

mccain.jpg

biden2.jpg

Why would this thread have been deleted? It has been a great source of information and a fun forum for posting opinions and sharing thoughts! I'm quite proud that we've made it this many pages with a basic respect for each others opinions. It may have gotten heated but never nasty and that's pretty impressive considering it's politics. Same with the Ossetian board. Mind expanders - both threads....Christ, the 'Plant being Selfish' board gets nastier than either of these!

If you only surround yourself with people who think exactly as you do your mind is never challenged and goes stagnant...I need to keep mine as active as possible at this age :) and I'd like to take this opportunity to all who have posted here who have supported my thoughts and who have challenged my thoughts and made me laugh while doing so. We have a great bunch of posters on this thread!

Cheers Mates!!

Edited for clarity

Med, I was only surprised because it is politics and things often get nasty around here as you mentioned. It's great people have been able to discuss this more amicably than whether Plant OWES US a tour.

Med, I was only surprised because it is politics and things often get nasty around here as you mentioned. It's great people have been able to discuss this more amicably than whether Plant OWES US a tour.

Frikking incredible isn't it?! Just a testemony to how great the people posting on this thread are. Even when we disagree, there is a general sense of respect. And even some fun :D

OK Fun Time! :D

Schedule of events for Democratic Convention

2008 Democrat National Convention

Schedule of Events

7:00 pm OPENING FLAG BURNING

7:15 pm PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE U.N.

7:20 pm Ted Kennedy PROPOSES A TOAST

7:25 pm NONRELIGIOUS PRAYER AND WORSHIP - Jesse Jackson & Al Sharpton

7:45 pm CEREMONIAL TREE HUGGING - Darryl Hannah

7:55 pm Ted Kennedy PROPOSES A TOAST

8:00 pm HOW I INVENTED THE INTERNET - Al Gore

8:15 pm GAY WEDDING PLANNING - Rosie O'Donnell

8:35 pm Ted Kennedy PROPOSES A TOAST

8:40 pm OUR TROOPS ARE WAR CRIMINALS - John Kerry

9.00 pm MEMORIAL SERVICE FOR SADDAM AND HIS SONS - Cindy Sheehan and Susan Sarandon

10:00 pm ANSWERING MACHINE ETIQUETTE - Alec Baldwin

11:00 pm Ted Kennedy PROPOSES A TOAST

11:05 pm COLLECTION FOR THE OSAMA BIN LADEN KIDNEY TRANSPLANT FUND - Barbara Streisand

11:15 pm FREE THE FREEDOM FIGHTERS FROM GUANTANAMO BAY - Sean Penn

11:30 pm OVAL OFFICE AFFAIRS - William Jefferson Clinton

11:45 pm Ted Kennedy PROPOSES A TOAST

11:50 pm HOW GEORGE BUSH BROUGHT DOWN THE WORLD TRADE TOWERS – Howard Dean

12:15 am TRUTH IN BROADCASTING AWARD - Presented to Dan Rather by Michael Moore

12:25 am Ted Kennedy PROPOSES A TOAST

12:30 am SATELLITE ADDRESS - Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

12:45 am NOMINATION OF Barack Hussein Obama- Nancy Pelosi

1:00 am Ted Kennedy PROPOSES A TOAST To Obama

1:30 am Ted Kennedy PROPOSES A TOAST To Hillary Clinton

1:35 am Bill Clinton asks Ted Kennedy to drive Hillary home

Seems that Joe-Joe B-team Biden has made more racist comments other than the one that basically described Obama as being a clean cut well behaved Black man (paraphrased). Seems that Joe-Joe also has had a few words to belittle hard working Indian-American store owners in his own state:

""I've had a great relationship [with East Indians in America]. In Delaware, the largest growth in population is Indian Americans - moving from India. You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I'm not joking." -- Joe Biden

Come on Joe-Joe, who are you, Archie Bunker? Are you running for Vice President, or trying to be cast in a movie biography about Don Rickles?

<_<

OK Fun Time! :D

Schedule of events for Democratic Convention

2008 Democrat National Convention

Schedule of Events

7:00 pm OPENING FLAG BURNING

7:15 pm PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE U.N.

7:20 pm Ted Kennedy PROPOSES A TOAST

7:25 pm NONRELIGIOUS PRAYER AND WORSHIP - Jesse Jackson & Al Sharpton

7:45 pm CEREMONIAL TREE HUGGING - Darryl Hannah

7:55 pm Ted Kennedy PROPOSES A TOAST

8:00 pm HOW I INVENTED THE INTERNET - Al Gore

8:15 pm GAY WEDDING PLANNING - Rosie O'Donnell

8:35 pm Ted Kennedy PROPOSES A TOAST

8:40 pm OUR TROOPS ARE WAR CRIMINALS - John Kerry

9.00 pm MEMORIAL SERVICE FOR SADDAM AND HIS SONS - Cindy Sheehan and Susan Sarandon

10:00 pm ANSWERING MACHINE ETIQUETTE - Alec Baldwin

11:00 pm Ted Kennedy PROPOSES A TOAST

11:05 pm COLLECTION FOR THE OSAMA BIN LADEN KIDNEY TRANSPLANT FUND - Barbara Streisand

11:15 pm FREE THE FREEDOM FIGHTERS FROM GUANTANAMO BAY - Sean Penn

11:30 pm OVAL OFFICE AFFAIRS - William Jefferson Clinton

11:45 pm Ted Kennedy PROPOSES A TOAST

11:50 pm HOW GEORGE BUSH BROUGHT DOWN THE WORLD TRADE TOWERS – Howard Dean

12:15 am TRUTH IN BROADCASTING AWARD - Presented to Dan Rather by Michael Moore

12:25 am Ted Kennedy PROPOSES A TOAST

12:30 am SATELLITE ADDRESS - Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

12:45 am NOMINATION OF Barack Hussein Obama- Nancy Pelosi

1:00 am Ted Kennedy PROPOSES A TOAST To Obama

1:30 am Ted Kennedy PROPOSES A TOAST To Hillary Clinton

1:35 am Bill Clinton asks Ted Kennedy to drive Hillary home

:lol::lol::lol:

Seems that Joe-Joe B-team Biden has made more racist comments other than the one that basically described Obama as being a clean cut well behaved Black man (paraphrased). Seems that Joe-Joe also has had a few words to belittle hard working Indian-American store owners in his own state:

""I've had a great relationship [with East Indians in America]. In Delaware, the largest growth in population is Indian Americans - moving from India. You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I'm not joking." -- Joe Biden

Come on Joe-Joe, who are you, Archie Bunker? Are you running for Vice President, or trying to be cast in a movie biography about Don Rickles?

<_<

It's the truth and it shows he has a sense of humor...nice :)

Seems that McCain knows a lot more about his properties then Obama wants to admit or should I say "hide" about his. I am amazed that the Dems keep this house thing about McCain alive when:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rDHsHM0laT8

Obama and Tony the slum lord Rezko. Another one of Obamas good friends. I wonder if he thinks of him as family like he does Rev. Wright? Obama lives in a muti million dollar home while his half brother lives in a shanty town on a dollar a month. Is that what Obama calls change? His brother would just like the change in Obamas pocket.

And as far as Biden................... :hysterical::hysterical:

Give up on that half brother shit Bro...totally ridiculous. I have FIVE half brothers and sisters I met once....it was cool. I don't owe them anything! The man who fathered me was a whack job and my momm left him with a baby in tow, on a bus where she sat in the back and was told she couldn't sit there because that's where the blacks sat. The man whose sperm is responsible for my birth remarried and had 5 more children. I don't consider them family.

Give up on that half brother shit Bro...totally ridiculous. I have FIVE half brothers and sisters I met once....it was cool. I don't owe them anything! The man who fathered me was a whack job and my momm left him with a baby in tow, on a bus where she sat in the back and was told she couldn't sit there because that's where the blacks sat. The man whose sperm is responsible for my birth remarried and had 5 more children. I don't consider them family.

Don't cloud the issue with facts and logic. Cindy McCain has half-siblings in just as much trouble, and she has waaaay more money than Obama, and she hasn't lifted a finger. I have relatives stretched all over this country, many of whom I've never met. Just because we share maybe a drop of blood, should I be responsible for providing for them? Hell no. Immediate family only. That's mom, dad, sister, grandma and my dad's brother and his family. But not my cousin's spouses and children.

Oh really. I did not know that Cindy had any family members living in a box at a shanty town on a dollar a month. Maybe they are neighbors to obamas family.

Accept it.

Let me splain this to ya srplain...poverty levels differ from country to country. In many countries people who are NOT living in poverty make 20 or 30 bucks a month...it's all relative.

The cool part is...Obama came from that same sperm, and between his mother and his grandmother he learned responsibility, got himself educated, and moved up in the world. Don't act like he was born with a golden spoon in his mouth.

Oh really. I did not know that Cindy had any family members living in a box at a shanty town on a dollar a month. Maybe they are neighbors to obamas family.

I find it laughable that you think he should be financially responsible for any and everyone who shares his blood, just because he has money. This is the same scam family members use to come out of the woodwork when you win the lottery. "Hey man, remember me? I'm your 4th cousin twice removed on your mom's stepdad's side! Can you spare a dime?"

I don't make light of his half-brother's situation, but unless the two are extremely close, have been close all their lives and shared an upbringing together, Barack is not under any obligation to give this man money, nor should he be made to look like a tightwad if he doesn't. Or do you think that anyone who says they're related to him, automatically should get money?

Seriously, go cry about this some more. I'll send you some Kleenex.

I didn't know Rezko was so old, he was putting spoons in Obama's mouth. Or that Obama is so feeble that he cannot feed himself and needs help eating. Maybe that's what he meant. We'll go with that.

Barack Obama has some kind of paralysis that forces Tony Rezko to put golden spoons in his mouth so that he can eat daily meals.

I find it laughable that you think he should be financially responsible for any and everyone who shares his blood, just because he has money. This is the same scam family members use to come out of the woodwork when you win the lottery. "Hey man, remember me? I'm your 4th cousin twice removed on your mom's stepdad's side! Can you spare a dime?"

I don't make light of his half-brother's situation, but unless the two are extremely close, have been close all their lives and shared an upbringing together, Barack is not under any obligation to give this man money, nor should he be made to look like a tightwad if he doesn't. Or do you think that anyone who says they're related to him, automatically should get money?

Seriously, go cry about this some more. I'll send you some Kleenex.

I agree. It's lame. Barack is not in any way responsible for this person.

Why cant obama give His opinion on when life starts? No one is saying if he is right or wrong. He does not even have the guts to give an opinion.

This isn't trig class, so lay off the tangents. We're talking about Obama and his paralysis that forces Tony Rezko to feed him. Get with it.

Kind of how lame it is that he will not state when he thinks that life starts. Can you say sell out to the abortionist's?

See my above response. Although for good measure, he's not required to voice his personal opinion that matter. I frankly don't care what he thinks the answer is, as long as he doesn't do anything to take away my right as a woman to have control over my reproductive organs.

Edited by Electrophile

You haven't said anything worth accepting. All you've done is spout the same lame rhetoric off the same lame script that everyone who identifies themselves as Conservative on this board, spews daily. It's the same 10 people all saying the same 10 things, about nothing.

Like I said, go cry some more.

This isn't trig class, so lay off the tangents. We're talking about Obama and his paralysis that forces Tony Rezko to feed him. Get with it.

See my above response. Although for good measure, he's not required to voice his personal opinion that matter. I frankly don't care what he thinks the answer is, as long as he doesn't do anything to take away my right as a woman to have control over my reproductive organs.

Ditto! And THAT is the one thing that the Repulicans have been brilliant about. People who have no right to call themselves republicans, are ignorant, uninformed and uneducated will vote for the Republican party because they said "Go with the anti abortion stance, we'll get all those dumb shits living in trailors eating cheese doodles and buying beer with their food stamps to vote for us on that RELIGIOUS issue!"

Those people make me sick....

Kind of how lame it is that he will not state when he thinks that life starts. Can you say sell out to the abortionist's?

With all the problems this country is facing, overturning Roe v. Wade should not be on anyone's priority list.

As a woman, i of course feel it's my right to decide.