• John Edwards
    • Mike Huckabee
    • John McCain
    • Barack Obama
    • Ron Paul
    • Mitt Romney
    • Bill Richardson
    • Fred Thompson

Letterman RIPPED into McCain for suspending his campaign. He was supposed to come on the Late Show but canceled, telling Dave personally that he had to fly back to Washington immediately. Well, while Letterman is on, they cut into a live feed from CBS News studios and there's John McCain getting ready to do an interview with Katie Couric. Letterman quips, "Do you need a ride to the airport?"

He basically said that if McCain wanted to get off the trail to come to Washington and work, he should have put Palin in his place instead. And then he said "well, where is she?" Gold. Gets even better than that:

"What are you going to do if you're elected and things get tough? Suspend being president? We've got a guy like that now!"

OUCH.

I love Letterman.

How would you do if 301 million people were forming opinions on each and every word that you formed? Yeah, she's not ready to be VP or POTUS, but I feel sorry for her for having to endure such an unfair beating at the hands of the liberal populous. I really don't think that she is a bad person and that probably a fine executive. It's too bad that, during election cycles, humanity is dismissed by politics.

Yes, it is so unfair to expect our nation's leaders to be able to form a cohesive statement. Yes, yes I know.

“In the end, [McCain] blinked and Obama did not. The 'steady hand in a storm' argument looks now to more favor Obama, not McCain…My guess is that plasma units are rushing to the McCain campaign as we speak to replace the blood flowing there from the fights among the staff.”

~ Craig Shirley, a Republican consultant and former McCain adviser, shaping a dangerous storyline for his former boss in an interview with the Huffington Post.

I don't know when the last time I was this excited! Ordering pizza, gettin the popcorn ready and wrapping up in a warm blankey to watch the drama unfold. I'm sure my man will be level headed, articulate, calm and collected. Shine on Barack!!!!

:hippy:

Yes, it is so unfair to expect our nation's leaders to be able to form a cohesive statement. Yes, yes I know.

and from Electrophile

A response from Sarah Palin's "press conference" earlier today:

"Every American student needs to come through this area so that, especially this younger generation of Americans is, to be in a position of never forgetting what happened here and never repeating, never allowing a repeat of what happened here. I wish every American would come through here. I wish every world leader would come through here, and understand what it is that took place here and more importantly how America came together and united to commit to never allowing this to happen again. And just to hear and from and see these good New Yorkers who are rebuilding not just this are but helping to rebuild America has been very, very inspiring and encouraging. These are the good Americans who are committed to peace and security and its been an absolute honor getting to meet these folks today."

Was that English?

This didn't even really qualify as a "press conference" because she was asked about 4 questions and then promptly left. Oh yeah, it took place at Ground Zero. Nope, no fear-mongering or pimping going on there.

Did you see her interview with Katie Couric, about foreign policy/proximity to Russia?:

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4478156n

I kept expecting her to say "I can see Russia from my house!" (the Tina Fey thing) :lol:

You are a wise man. I couldn't agree more. Ill turn mine on Sunday when its kickoff time. Oh and by the way, those that have buried themselves in this thread should know, there is rumour that Plant has given in and will reform Led Zeppelin. Remember them? Led Zeppelin?

Who in the hell is Robert Plant?Is he one of those righties?I highly doubt it! :lol:

I saw this coming, all McCain has to do is blink and the It's A Crock Obama supporters are inspired. But then what could anyone expect from a pack on hooligans.

hooligan

Noun

Slang for a young person who behaves in a noisy and violent way in public [origin unknown]

Uh...MR, that is a direct quote from a Republican and McCain supporter, not the so called holligans. I'll refrain from lumping everyone who is called a Replican into a group that can be described by one noun or adjective. I'm smart enough to know that people are not defined by their political leanings.

You are a wise man. I couldn't agree more. Ill turn mine on Sunday when its kickoff time. Oh and by the way, those that have buried themselves in this thread should know, there is rumour that Plant has given in and will reform Led Zeppelin. Remember them? Led Zeppelin?

Yes Yukon dear, we know :) And as you know, we're all free to post on those threads if we want (as I have and avidly read as well) Just as we can post on the topics of politics, football, whiskey, spats love life, pet peeves, and anything else that piques our interest....GREAT board isn't it?!

Yes Yukon dear, we know :) And as you know, we're all free to post on those threads if we want (as I have and avidly read as well) Just as we can post on the topics of politics, football, whiskey, spats love life, pet peeves, and anything else that piques our interest....GREAT board isn't it?!

I still think someone should make a weird dark comedy about this forum in the winter of '07/'08. And I still think it should start with "Custard Pie."

I saw this coming, all McCain has to do is blink and the It's A Crock Obama supporters are inspired. But then what could anyone expect from a pack on hooligans.

hooligan

Noun

Slang for a young person who behaves in a noisy and violent way in public [origin unknown]

What are you, 80 years old?? You blasted hooligan kids get outta my yard :rant:

:P

No, it's not a direct quote from a McCain supporter. It's a quote from a former McCain supporter.

~ Craig Shirley, a Republican consultant and former McCain adviser, shaping a dangerous storyline for his former boss in an interview with the Huffington Post.

Save the lecture. I've seen enough rude behavior by many of Obamas on-line supporters to know better. Facts are not their forte, however they do excel at diatribe.

It would be interesting to see a reporter do a story on the behavior of many of Obams on-line supporters. I'm sure Obama himself would not be proud. It may even cost him the election.

No lecture intended, why so touchy? Former supporter...hmmm, I wonder why that is?

As is human nature there are always malcontents who post stupid shit. I don't think they are confined to the on-line Democratic Party supporters :rolleyes:

Archived