• John Edwards
    • Mike Huckabee
    • John McCain
    • Barack Obama
    • Ron Paul
    • Mitt Romney
    • Bill Richardson
    • Fred Thompson

I don't mean hes exactly like him. You get a genuine feeling from him when he speaks. He sounds like he truly cares, and will try to make things better. I don't know what will happen, but I hope its for the good.

I'm certainly hoping for the best too. :)

I don't "remember" it per se,I wasn't even thought of yet....

I think 'almost' is the key word here.....

I was not thought of yet as well, and I can't say much about Kennedy because of that. I just have always heard what a charismatic and sensible man he was.

That's a scary thought.

We almost got nuked under Kennedy's watch. Anyone remember the Cuban missile crisis?

I've done more papers on that subject than I can count. Bay of Pigs was a fiasco, blame him for that. He saved our asses in the Cuban Missile Crisis. If not for him, shit would have hit the fan. He favored diplomacy over military action and it worked.

I've done more papers on that subject than I can count. Bay of Pigs was a fiasco, blame him for that. He saved our asses in the Cuban Missile Crisis. If not for him, shit would have hit the fan. He favored diplomacy over military action and it worked.

I'll be the first to admit that military action with a shitload of nukes aimed right at us would be immediate suicide.

Perhaps I'll bone up a bit on my history on that one...

Perhaps and perhaps not. There were others that could have gotten us out of that situation intact I believe. (and I'm not so sure he himself was the genius behind saving our ass)

But, he also got us into Vietnam...

Good job Jack :yourock::bravo::rolleyes:

Perhaps and perhaps not. There were others that could have gotten us out of that situation intact I believe. (and I'm not so sure he himself was the genius behind saving our ass)

But, he also got us into Vietnam...

Yeah about that................................................Eisenhower got us into Vietnam. He was the first President to send US troops over there. Kennedy increased our presence, although not by the exorbitant amount that Johnson did.

And you're right, Jack wasn't the genius behind saving our ass re: the Cuban Missile Crisis. It was his brother.

Yeah about that................................................Eisenhower got us into Vietnam. He was the first President to send US troops over there. Kennedy increased our presence, although not by the exorbitant amount that Johnson did.

Our involvement would never have been nearly as high as it was without jack. That's my point.

And you're right, Jack wasn't the genius behind saving our ass re: the Cuban Missile Crisis. It was his brother.

Another reason I don't think he was a good president.

I'll be the first to admit that military action with a shitload of nukes aimed right at us would be immediate suicide.

Perhaps I'll bone up a bit on my history on that one...

Ahem! Meanwhile....somewhere off the coast of Russia... ;)

triton300.jpg

This is the story of the Cuban missile crisis.

Cuba got nukes from the Russia.

The united states surrounded Cuba.

Cuba realizes they don't have enough nukes to destroy America, but America does.

Now, telling somebody that they will certainly die if they keep this shit up could be considered diplomacy, but that is a pure military show of force.

John Kennedy only involvement in the Cuban missile crisis is the ordering of the United States navy to start heading towards Cuba.

JFK did not save our ass through diplomacy, he did it through a show of force.

Peace through strength. Diplomacy only works when you can back it up.

Even still, JFK started a walking of the border policy in Vietnam. He also gave permission to train the south Vietnamese and to do indirect firing towards North Vietnam.

To put it in simple terms, it's like walking through Harlem with a racist word on your shirt and not expecting to get killed.

Still, I think Vietnam could of been won, if we wanted to win.

We were never winning Vietnam because the politicians refused to let the military run the war. The same as we were never nor are we ever, going to win in Iraq.

Furthermore, we had no fucking business getting involved in Vietnam to start with. It was a civil conflict between two warring factions in the same country.....sound familiar? However, once our military was committed to being there, we fucked it up ROYALLY.

The hippies didn't do shit. They protested what was an egregious misuse of our troops, time and money and while some splinter groups got out of control, the majority of them didn't. To blame this colossal blunder on a bunch of stoned teenagers is ridiculous.

Hippies lost us the war..

The 'Chicago 10'

'Our numbers in Vietnam have increased because the aggression of others has increased in Vietnam.

There is not, and there will not be, a mindless escalation!'---LBJ

:huh:

So you think no matter what is actually going on, the media should always spin wars as though we're kicking ass, even if we're really getting our taints handed to us?

No thanks. Once the good folks back home began to see that we were being lied to by the government, that things were far worse than we were being told, they reacted the way any other group of people would. With rage. They had every right to be pissed off. My dad lost 6 buddies from his high school graduating class because of that war. My mom's brother almost died. Thankfully my dad was 1-A or else he would have been over there too.

I don't want to be lied to about the deaths of our soldiers. If we're sucking eggs, say so. If we're kicking ass and taking names, say so. Don't just assume we'd be better off if you went "there, there" and patted us on the heads and told us not to worry about it.

So you think no matter what is actually going on, the media should always spin wars as though we're kicking ass, even if we're really getting our taints handed to us?

I never said that. But they shouldn't spin-wars as decisively losing a battle when, in fact, we won decisively

No thanks. Once the good folks back home began to see that we were being lied to by the government, that things were far worse than we were being told, they reacted the way any other group of people would. With rage. They had every right to be pissed off. My dad lost 6 buddies from his high school graduating class because of that war. My mom's brother almost died. Thankfully my dad was 1-A or else he would have been over there too.

Never said it was a good war..

I don't want to be lied to about the deaths of our soldiers. If we're sucking eggs, say so. If we're kicking ass and taking names, say so. Don't just assume we'd be better off if you went "there, there" and patted us on the heads and told us not to worry about it.

But see, we were kicking ass. What military books are you reading? The media convinced the people (through lies) that we were losing badly when in fact, we were holding our own and pushing back ther North Vietnamese every time they came near us...

Archived