• John Edwards
    • Mike Huckabee
    • John McCain
    • Barack Obama
    • Ron Paul
    • Mitt Romney
    • Bill Richardson
    • Fred Thompson

Thank God I started coming back to this forum once it became new again. These political threads are VERY enlightening to say the least, because I don't like to watch the news. And you don't hear about a lot of these things on the news anyway. I am learning so much. Thanks for posting that link!

Thank God I started coming back to this forum once it became new again. These political threads are VERY enlightening to say the least, because I don't like to watch the news. And you don't hear about a lot of these things on the news anyway. I am learning so much. Thanks for posting that link!
Thank god I had to sit here and read this insightful post!

Thanks for making my day :yay:

Debbie,

Just take some of the stuff posted here with a grain of salt. The liberals far outnumber the conservatives here, so if you're looking for objective opinions on the news, this isn't the best place to get it.

yeah,.. for an "objective opinion on the news" and politics Debbie should rely on you, eh Tuled?

:hysterical:

:rolleyes:

I watch the news enough to have some opinions on some topics. I am really enjoying the debates here, and finding that I agree with some of the opinions. Although in this particular thread, I seem to be in disagreement with a lot of other people. I am voting for Hilary Clinton. Why you ask? It is a very simple answer: She is a woman. I believe we need a woman thinking in the Whitehouse for a change. I think she can make a difference because women think differently then men, and I'm all for a change right about now, because I am certainly not happy with the way the US is being run lately.

Now I am going to sit back and wait for the flames, LOL!

Debbie! What's up? :wave:

(I'm jimmyRRpage :D)

I really think you should do some research on Ron Paul. He is without a doubt the best candidate running.

Plus, I can understand you're thinkking the Presidency needs a woman's touch, but I seriously doubt Hillary Clinton is that person. I don't mind having a female President at all. I will mind if Hillary is that President.

Hi Nathan. I would have figured out who you were, trust me. :D

I think Hillary would do a great job as President personally. That's just my opinion though. But I am VERY partial to her because she is a woman. I have waited my entire life to see a woman run for Presidency. And finally it is happening. I am not sure if the older generations are ready to see a woman as President, however. So it wouldn't surprise me if she doesn't make it and I will have to wait to see my dream of having a female President.

My problem with feminists is that they will surely vote for Hillary for one reason only (and I do mean only this reason): she is a woman. Now if a feminist were to tell me that the Presidency needs a woman fine, but if I said it needed a man, then I'd get the ole "You sexist bastard, women can do anything a male can do." or a number of other things.

If I was to say I'm more drawn to voting for McCain because he's a guy, I'd probably have more sexist claims thrown against me or something.

Whatever, voting solely for the gender you want to win seems like a wasted vote to me though.

And just curious, what makes people think (question for everyone) that Hillary will bring a woman's "soft" touch to the office (as I've heard from multiple people). Ever hear of Margaret Thatcher? Women in office doesn't mean by any means that they will be nicer or whatever in times of war. Historically, they can be even crueler than men in war time

I watch the news enough to have some opinions on some topics. I am really enjoying the debates here, and finding that I agree with some of the opinions. Although in this particular thread, I seem to be in disagreement with a lot of other people. I am voting for Hilary Clinton. Why you ask? It is a very simple answer: She is a woman. I believe we need a woman thinking in the Whitehouse for a change. I think she can make a difference because women think differently then men, and I'm all for a change right about now, because I am certainly not happy with the way the US is being run lately.

Now I am going to sit back and wait for the flames, LOL!

Is that any different than if I was to say I'm voting for McCain because he's a male and he's white?

Is that any different than if I was to say I'm voting for McCain because he's a male and he's white?

*chuckles*

Indeed. This is why I'm opposed to feminism, also.

It's all a load of bullocks if you ask me. However, if a Jew ever ran for president, I'd have to vote for him- just a common rule of courtesy, you know?

My motto: I'm not a racist or a sexist, I hate everyone (male or female, Gentile or Jew) equally.

-TYG

Why would you vote for someone just because of their gender/race/religion/some other qualifier? If you're voting for the President and are serious about voting for the best person.....shouldn't things other than their demographics play a part? Hilary being a woman shouldn't have anything to do with her ability to be a good President.

We can't have a Woman, A Black or A Mormon as President.

What if they were to make some kind of mistake? :huh:

:lol::P

We had a woman Prime Minister in Canada for about 6 months...our first woman leader. She was crap at it. Now we'll probably never have another one in again... :rolleyes:

:lol::P

We had a woman Prime Minister in Canada for about 6 months...our first woman leader. She was crap at it. Now we'll probably never have another one in again... :rolleyes:

There's a rumor that Margaret Trudeau was really the first. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Is Hillary Getting Desperate? (updated)

Rick Moran

Watching helplessly as her once seemingly insurmountable leads in Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina have all dissipated, the Clinton campaign can't seem to right itself and instead, keeps shooting itself in the foot.

The latest eye opener is just your basic Clinton smear; they intend to highlight Obama's admission that he used drugs as a young man because "the Republicans will bring it up if we don't:"

A top adviser to Hillary Rodham Clinton's campaign said Wednesday that Democrats should give more thought to Sen. Barack Obama's admissions of illegal drug use before they pick a presidential candidate.

Obama's campaign said the Clinton people were getting desperate. Clinton's campaign tried to distance itself from the remarks. Bill Shaheen, a national co-chairman of Clinton's front-runner campaign, raised the issue during an interview with The Washington Post, posted on washingtonpost.com. Shaheen, an attorney and veteran organizer, said much of Obama's background is unknown and could be a problem in November 2008 if he is the Democratic nominee. He said the Republicans would work hard to discover new aspects of Obama's admittedly spotty youth. "It'll be, 'When was the last time? Did you ever give drugs to anyone? Did you sell them to anyone?'" said Shaheen, whose wife Jeanne is the state's former governor and is running for the U.S. Senate next year.

"There are so many openings for Republican dirty tricks. It's hard to overcome," Shaheen said.

Clinton's campaign said it had nothing to do with his comments. "Senator Clinton is out every day talking about the issues that matter to the American people. These comments were not authorized or condoned by the campaign in any way," spokeswoman Kathleen Strand said.

Of course the remarks were "not authorized or condoned" by the campaign. But we know the Clinton smear machine by now. Somehow, even if the remarks aren't "authorized," they end up out there anyway, don't they? Someone passes the word to a flunkie who places the smear somewhere it's sure to get media play and the rest is history.

Attention Republicans: This is what you can expect next fall.

Meanwhile, it appears the charge may have backfired as most media sources and the other campaigns have roundly criticized the attack. For the moment, it makes Obama look the aggreived party and gets him some sympathy.

Clinton has lost the one thing that she had going for her above all else; the idea that she was the already crowned, inevitable choice of the Democratic party leaders. She still has tons of money and will no doubt right her campaign somewhere down the road. But there is now nothing inevitable about her candidacy and Obama, who is also loaded for bear money wise, will be able to challenge her far beyond Super Tuesday on February 5.

Update: Gateway Pundit notices that Hillary has a few stories circulating about youthful pot use.

Hillary also has her own hazy pot past:

According to Edward Klein's new book The Truth About Hillary, she smoked pot while a student at Wellesley with her boyfriend David Rupert, and met Bill Clinton at a commune called Cozy Beach that was affiliated with Ken Kesey's Hog Farm. "During their remaining time at Yale, Bill and Hillary often grooved the night away at Cozy Beach, spinning the latest Jefferson Airplane platters and eating Kris Olson's hashish brownies," Klein wrote. During President Bill Clinton's last week in office, he told Rolling Stone magazine he thought marijuana ought to be legalized. But in a Senate debate in Manhattan on Oct 8, 2000, Hillary took the middle road, advocating Drug Courts and weekly drug testing for those with an "addiction."

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2007/1..._desperate.html

This article is "spot on".

Hellary remembers very well what happened to Howard Dean, who was favored to "win it all", but when he failed to take the first primary - Iowa - it was "over for him". Momentum means everything to these shallow democrats, and so Hellary is opening up her dossiers that she has been compiling on the competition.

Romney and Clinton have both been trying to slur Obama's drug past, especially Romney who called Obama's choice of educating high schooler's about the dangers of drug use as "inappropriate."

Another reason why Obama is the best of the "likely" candidates. He admits to having a drug problem in the past and now educates kids why drugs are bad. Honesty is more accurate than denial. Oh wait, this is politics.

Romney and Clinton have both been trying to slur Obama's drug past, especially Romney who called Obama's choice of educating high schooler's about the dangers of drug use as "inappropriate."

Another reason why Obama is the best of the "likely" candidates. He admits to having a drug problem in the past and now educates kids why drugs are bad. Honesty is more accurate than denial. Oh wait, this is politics.

You mean, he educates them on how its ok for him to learn from his mistakes privately... but he'll still lock you up if he suspects you've got a couple pot plants in the basement. :blink:

We can't have a Woman, A Black or A Mormon as President.

What if they were to make some kind of mistake? :huh:

wow.

I'm guessing you're being sarcastic?

If not, please fill us in on the reasons for each of these.

You certainly covered all the bases - sex/race/religion.

I see Ron Paul is pulling up in the poll thanks to TinBlimp's 50 votes.

Feminism isn't about voting for people because of their gender. If you think that, you don't know anything about feminism. Period.

Second, Obama never, EVER said he had a drug problem. He said he used drugs and could have wound up a junkie IF he wouldn't have taken a different path.

As we all know here on the old Led Zeppelin board, where many of us have colorful histories indeed, not everyone who used drugs in their youth developed a "drug problem." Some people did, some didn't.

Archived