• John Edwards
    • Mike Huckabee
    • John McCain
    • Barack Obama
    • Ron Paul
    • Mitt Romney
    • Bill Richardson
    • Fred Thompson

I think the Clinton's must still have something on nobama and are just waiting for the right time to spring it. It would explain why she's hanging in there.

Don't push her! Clinton's campaign chair warns fellow Democrats

Some people have been looking for signs of a graceful exit from the Democratic presidential race by New York Sen. Hillary Clinton. They probably should not be holding their breath.

Terry McAuliffe, her campaign chairman and himself a former head of the Democratic National Committee, made it clear Sunday that isn't happening anytime soon.

And Clinton's chief spokesman, Howard Wolfson, went on "Fox News Sunday" to state and re-state a firm belief that his boss would win and she was in the race until somebody got 2,209 delegates, which would mean counting Florida and Michigan.

McAuliffe was in there swinging too on both "Face the Nation" and "Meet the Press," arguing that Clinton still has a chance to win the party nomination.

It's a good time for her campaign to make that argument because, if you believe some state polls, Clinton is poised to crush Barack Obama in West Virginia in Tuesday's primary voting there, some suggest by as much as a two-to-one margin. Once a solidly Democratic state, it's gone to the GOP two straight times now.

And if the superdelegates are smart, McAuliffe suggested, they'll resist the Obama bandwagon effect, hold out and not do anything that might turn off the many....

..millions of Democrats, some Republicans and independents (and don't forget the millions of women invested in this woman candidate), who form much of the party's traditional base and have voted for her this primary season.

source

hillary-boxing.jpg

you left out this very important part of the article....

"Could the 71-year-old grandfather possibly have a shot?

Several polls, including a recent AP-Ipsos survey, show Democrats Barack Obama and Hillary Rodham Clinton faring far better with that age bracket when pitted individually against McCain."

:D

yes i know, thank you.

"Could the 71-year-old grandfather possibly have a shot? comment is in remark to his stance among young voters, not the election.

I salute my American flag, all 13 stars and 13 stripes.

Why? I salute to what America was once envisioned as becoming, not what it has become.

You mean a divided Republic with free states and slave states?

Or was it keeping the vote to only white property owners?

Maybe you just liked the powdered wigs and fancy shoes?

Red_Forman_Award.jpg

So I'm watching the Daily Show and one thing kept popping into my mind...Jon Stewart is simply not funny...ever. It's not that I hate his politics or anything, really it isn't. I love Stephen Colbert, he does exactly what Stewart does but he's hilarious. I just can't see how anybody would watch the Daily Show over the Colbert Report.

Honestly, I love comedy. Hell, I even love Chris Rock, who may hate me because of my skin color. But seriously...Jon Stewart. My god I never laughed once in three episodes...

Maybe I missed something...or maybe he just sucks. I'm leaning towards the latter

Hi all,

You mean a divided Republic with free states and slave states?

Hi Del!

That came after,we were British citizens fighting the British.

Or was it keeping the vote to only white property owners?

Not all blacks were slaves during the War of Independence.

Maybe you just liked the powdered wigs and fancy shoes?

Depends on the lady,... :lol:

KB

So I'm watching the Daily Show and one thing kept popping into my mind...Jon Stewart is simply not funny...ever. It's not that I hate his politics or anything, really it isn't. I love Stephen Colbert, he does exactly what Stewart does but he's hilarious. I just can't see how anybody would watch the Daily Show over the Colbert Report.

Honestly, I love comedy. Hell, I even love Chris Rock, who may hate me because of my skin color. But seriously...Jon Stewart. My god I never laughed once in three episodes...

Maybe I missed something...or maybe he just sucks. I'm leaning towards the latter

His main punchline is he acts like an idiot. Like if somebody would say, "The Bush policy has failed in Iraq" he would say, "Are you sure" in a joking way, where Steve colbert would play an idiot also, but he will act like an idiot with a counter point. You know, he'll ask how to fix it not just make fun of it.

Steve plays a charater, a ultra conservitive, while Jon plays himself, a self serving left winger. but make fun of right wingers, but steve has alot more thought behid it,

His main punchline is he acts like an idiot. Like if somebody would say, "The Bush policy has failed in Iraq" he would say, "Are you sure" in a joking way, where Steve colbert would play an idiot also, but he will act like an idiot with a counter point. You know, he'll ask how to fix it not just make fun of it.

Steve plays a charater, a ultra conservitive, while Jon plays himself, a self serving left winger. but make fun of right wingers, but steve has alot more thought behid it,

I agree. But seriously, Jon's attempts at jokes are pitiful...his "character" if you can call it that is so boring and dry, I'd rather watch my dog take a dump..

Colbert makes my sides split though, so I guess he makes up for it

Top 10 Reasons Obama Defeated Clinton for the Democratic Nomination

#10. Great Team. Obama assembled a great team that could work together. He stayed away from lobbyist insiders like Clinton's Mark Penn or McCain's Charlie Black, and choose political professionals who are committed to progressive values like David Plouffe, David Axelrod, Steve Hildebrand and Paul Tewes. From the first he insisted on one key rule: no drama. There was little of the infighting and division in the Obama operation that ate away at the Clinton campaign. Clinton had many capable staffers and consultants, but Penn's divisive leadership style and failures as a strategist doomed the campaign organization to dysfunction. When the brilliant Geoff Garin was tapped to succeed Penn as Chief Strategist in April, it was simply too late.

#9. All-State Strategy. Mark Penn was convinced that Clinton could sew up the nomination by Super Tuesday focusing only on the big states. In fact, some have reported that he mistakenly believed that California had a "winner take all" primary. Obama's team hunted for delegates in every nook and cranny of America - especially in the caucus states that Clinton really didn't contest. Obama ran an active, on-the-ground campaign in every contest, from California to Guam. As a consequence, as one anonymous Clinton insider reports, Clinton lost the nomination in February after Obama ran the table in 11 straight states.

#8. No Plan B. The Clinton campaign had no fall-back plan when it failed to capture the nomination on February 5. There was no money, no organization and no plan to contest the states that lie in the land beyond Super Tuesday.

#7. Excellence in Execution: Great Field. Obama ran the best field operation in American political history -- particularly in the all important Iowa Caucuses. His campaign left no stone unturned, or a vote on the table, in any state. It opened offices everywhere, hired and trained great staff, and managed through simple, streamlined structures. It would have been easy for Obama to squander the massive influx of volunteers who were mobilized through his inspirational message. But the campaign developed structures to integrate and effectively use volunteers, both on the ground and through the Internet. In particular, it developed highly sophisticated new Internet tools to allow volunteers around the country to participate meaningfully in voter ID and get out the vote operations.

#6. Explosive Obama Fundraising. Obama's ability to compete everywhere, to build great field structures and to out-communicate Clinton in the paid media rested squarely on the massive fundraising operation. Obama's traditional fundraising program ended up matching the vaunted Clinton fundraising machine. But the newly developed Internet operation provided a massive advantage. So far Obama has recruited over one-and-a-half-million donors. In other words, by the time the primary season ends, almost one of every ten Obama primary voters (so far there have been 16.3 million) will have made a financial contribution to his campaign. That is beyond unprecedented.

#5. Obama Out-Communicated Clinton Using One Consistent Message. Obama's message has been consistent from Day One. Clinton lurched from "experienced insider" to "populist outsider" from Margaret Thatcher-like "Iron Lady" to a "victim being bullied." And of course, Obama's huge small-donor-driven fundraising advantage gave him the ability to out-communicate her in the paid media - often by a factor of two-to-one.

#4. Hope and Inspiration trumped Fear and Anger. A core element of that Obama message has always been hope and inspiration. Early on, John Edwards hit an important cord of populist anger that is critical to any successful Democratic campaign. Right now especially, people want their leaders to be populist outsiders not "competent" insiders. But Edwards was unable to resolve that anger into hope. Obama touched the anger but also held out possibility. When Hillary "found her voice" as the fighting populist at the end of the campaign, she tapped into anger as well. She didn't hesitate to play the fear card -- both when it came to foreign policy, and by channeling the Republican frame that "elitist professional types" are trying to destroy your way of life. But she never managed to inspire and resolve that fear into hope.

Inspiration is the one political message that simultaneously persuades swing voters and motivates mobilizable voters who rarely come to the polls. The North Carolina landslide provided a striking example of how inspiration can generate massive mobilization at the same time it appeals to independent swing voters.

#3. Unity Trumped Division. Obama showed that appeals to division - whether from elements that stirred up fear that a "black candidate couldn't win" - or from his former pastor - could be overcome by America's overwhelming hunger for unity. Americans - and particularly young Americans - are sick of Republican appeals based on the things that divide us, particularly race. It isn't 1988 anymore. A whole generation has passed from the scene and been replaced by young people who simply don't get the passions that allowed the fear of "Willie Horton" to decide the 1988 presidential race.

#2. Change Trumped Experience. Clinton Chief Strategist Mark Penn's fundamental strategic error was to position Clinton as the "Experience" candidate, when America desperately wanted change. Eighty percent of the voters think America is on the wrong track. They want change in general - and most importantly, they want change in the way special interests dominate Washington. Mark Penn, the consummate lobbyist-insider himself embodied the very thing people believe is wrong in Washington. It's no wonder he made this catastrophic strategic blunder.

#1. Obama is an Extraordinary Candidate. Inspirational, articulate, brilliant, funny, attractive and naturally empathetic - his history as a community organizer, his experience abroad, his beautiful family, accomplished wife, and adorable kids: Obama is the kind of candidate any campaign manager would want in any year. But he is perfect for this year. While the Clintons represented the Bridge to the 21st Century, Obama is the 21st century. His own, multi-cultural story is the future of America. As the campaign tested him, he showed he was cool, deliberate and effective under fire.

In the end, people vote for people. Campaigns are ultimately about the qualities of candidates --about whether or not people want them to be their leaders. Potentially, Barack Obama could become an historic, transformational leader. But John McCain has many qualities that are attractive to swing voters as well. Nothing is preordained. Now it will be up to every Democrat, every Progressive, to take advantage of this historic opportunity to make Barack Obama the American President who leads the world into a new progressive era of unprecedented possibility.

*source*

---------------

For many of those same reasons,.. and more,.. Obama will beat McCain in November. B)

Afterall.. "Obama is an Extraordinary Candidate" :beer:

and More Of The Same McCain as a candidate is.. well..

..same old, same old. :burp:

^_^

Racism alarms Obama's backers

Candidate's foot soldiers encounter name-calling, vandalism, bomb threats

In Muncie, a factory town in the east-central part of Indiana, Ross and her cohorts were soliciting support for Obama at malls, on street corners and in a Wal-Mart parking lot, and they ran into "a horrible response," as Ross put it, a level of anti-black sentiment that none of them had anticipated.

"The first person I encountered was like, 'I'll never vote for a black person,' " recalled Ross, who is white and just turned 20. "People just weren't receptive."

For all the hope and excitement Obama's candidacy is generating, some of his field workers, phone-bank volunteers and campaign surrogates are encountering a raw racism and hostility that have gone largely unnoticed -- and unreported -- this election season. Doors have been slammed in their faces. They've been called racially derogatory names (including the white volunteers). And they've endured malicious rants and ugly stereotyping from people who can't fathom that the senator from Illinois could become the first African American president.

The contrast between the large, adoring crowds Obama draws at public events and the gritty street-level work to win votes is stark. The candidate is largely insulated from the mean-spiritedness that some of his foot soldiers deal with away from the media spotlight.

Meeting cruel reaction

Victoria Switzer, a retired social studies teacher, was on phone-bank duty one night during the Pennsylvania primary campaign. One night was all she could take: "It wasn't pretty." She made 60 calls to prospective voters in Susquehanna County, her home county, which is 98 percent white. The responses were dispiriting. One caller, Switzer remembers, said he couldn't possibly vote for Obama and concluded: "Hang that darky from a tree!"

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24588813/

In Muncie, a factory town in the east-central part of Indiana, Ross and her cohorts were soliciting support for Obama at malls, on street corners and in a Wal-Mart parking lot, and they ran into "a horrible response," as Ross put it, a level of anti-black sentiment that none of them had anticipated.

"The first person I encountered was like, 'I'll never vote for a black person,' " recalled Ross, who is white and just turned 20. "People just weren't receptive."

For all the hope and excitement Obama's candidacy is generating, some of his field workers, phone-bank volunteers and campaign surrogates are encountering a raw racism and hostility that have gone largely unnoticed -- and unreported -- this election season. Doors have been slammed in their faces. They've been called racially derogatory names (including the white volunteers). And they've endured malicious rants and ugly stereotyping from people who can't fathom that the senator from Illinois could become the first African American president.

The contrast between the large, adoring crowds Obama draws at public events and the gritty street-level work to win votes is stark. The candidate is largely insulated from the mean-spiritedness that some of his foot soldiers deal with away from the media spotlight.

Meeting cruel reaction

Victoria Switzer, a retired social studies teacher, was on phone-bank duty one night during the Pennsylvania primary campaign. One night was all she could take: "It wasn't pretty." She made 60 calls to prospective voters in Susquehanna County, her home county, which is 98 percent white. The responses were dispiriting. One caller, Switzer remembers, said he couldn't possibly vote for Obama and concluded: "Hang that darky from a tree!"

So your point in posting this would be ? :huh:

Meeting cruel reaction

This is what could cost the dem's the white house. Obama doesn't have a wide enough appeal. I doubt that he can win with a coalition of inexperienced college kids, cultural elites and racist blacks. The electoral college will keep that from happening.

It's hard to believe, but by putting up 2 extremely weak candidates they look like they could blow what should be an easy win. McCain is a weak/ flawed candidate as well though, so who knows? An extremely poor crop of choices this year. imo the worst I've been faced with in my life.

nobama.jpg

Meeting cruel reaction

Yup,.. racism is alive and well in America, CBR. <_< No news there, bud.

I wonder, do the anti-black sentiments expressed by those "who can't fathom that [Obama]

could become the first African American president" resonate with you on a personal level?

As an American,.. does it make you happy and proud, or sad and

ashamed to read that such blatant racism still exists in America?

:whistling:

see thread title.. :rolleyes:

Thanks. :D I and others can only hope that your party is stupid enough to play that card over and over in the coming months. I can't think of a better way to secure a Democratic Presidency.

By the way, which candidate is it that is currently running that supports the so-called Conservative movement. Oh, you don't have one ? Life sucks when you can't even bet on a losing horse. :rolleyes:

This is what could cost the dem's the white house. Obama doesn't have a wide enough appeal. I doubt that he can win with a coalition of inexperienced college kids, cultural elites and racist blacks. The electoral college will keep that from happening.

It's hard to believe, but by putting up 2 extremely weak candidates they look like they could blow what should be an easy win. McCain is a weak/ flawed candidate as well though, so who knows? An extremely poor crop of choices this year. imo the worst I've been faced with in my life.

:lol:

"2 extremely weak candidates"?

:hysterical:

Its obvious you would never vote for a democratic POTUS no matter who it is, Billyboy. The democratic field was loaded with excellent candidates. Edwards, Biden, Richardson, Dodd, Clinton, and Obama are all very highly regarded (among democrats) candidates. That all you see is "2 extremely candidates" and that you still think "Obama doesnt have wide enough appeal" speaks merely to your bias.

Its no secret that racist republicans (and die-hard republicans who aren't racists) will not vote for Obama. The good news (for democrats and for America) is that Obama has broad enough appeal that he will not need the votes of the racists (or the die hard righties) to win the election. B)

:beer:

:hippy:

Yup,.. racism is alive and well in America, CBR. <_< No news there, bud.

I wonder, do the anti-black sentiments expressed by those "who can't fathom that [Obama]

could become the first African American president" resonate with you on a personal level?

As an American,.. does it make you happy and proud, or sad and

ashamed to read that such blatant racism still exists in America?

:whistling:

I hate to tell you this, but racism is just as rampant among blacks as it is whites. Worse at times. And it sickens me that people just don't get that.

I don't mind that Osama is black. What I DO mind is that he's a damned extreme liberal who has ties with people that hate whites. I'd rather vote for Alfred E. Neuman.

Hi all,

I hate to tell you this, but racism is just as rampant among blacks as it is whites. Worse at times. And it sickens me that people just don't get that.

I don't mind that Osama is black. What I DO mind is that he's a damned extreme liberal who has ties with people that hate whites. I'd rather vote for Alfred E. Neuman.

Well said sir! :thanku:

KB

Archived