• John Edwards
    • Mike Huckabee
    • John McCain
    • Barack Obama
    • Ron Paul
    • Mitt Romney
    • Bill Richardson
    • Fred Thompson

c'mon people.. lets' give Desperate-ado a chance.

..afterall, so far [:whistling:] he's been on his best behavior. ;)

As long as he doesn't sing anymore of his cRaZY songs. :blink:

thier will be a rush of super delegates now. i would'nt be surpise if he gerts enough by next tuesday

I liked your "Throw Grandma Under the Train" post much better. The best you ever made PB

Thank you Suz and Hermit, for realizing I'm not trying to be a jerk. :D

I can only base my opinions on what I see firsthand. To bitch about a situation based on a "guess" or just a vague opinion is indeed foolhardy.

I HATE this whole race issue. We all eat, sleep, crap and fuck just like everyone else. I just wish we could get past this shit once and for all.

Well, I for one, am not in any way denying racism in this country. I've known people who have been pulled over by the cops on a weekly basis and asked if their car is theirs. I've also frequently been the only white person in a group of white people who objects to racist comments (not jokes- vicious hateful comments). It can't be minimized. Those are only two examples of many I could go into.

But the (very) uncomfortable truth I'm dealing with now is that my friendly and unassuming kid regularly gets run over ( and I mean plowed over, pushed aside, pushed into walls) in the high school halls by kids who are then furious with her for even being there....when she's just trying to get to class. And if she says anything ( which she only dared to do once), she is verbally assaulted in a way that is shocking even to this mother with a foul mouth.

They have a gay/straight suport group at that school, and I really wish they had one for students and parents to deal with race issues. Because my pollyanna vision of this wonderful diverse experience I thought she was having turns out to be not so accurate. And I'm sure the black kid's parents feel the same. If there was a group for that, I'd be the first to sign up, busy as I am. I want to lay it all out on the table and discuss it, and listen and learn, and make it a better place for all our kids.

That's quite unfortunate, but expected.

Just wait until the time in this country when whites are the minority...............

Rock you might find this press release interesting, you only need read between the lines :whistling:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

pdf_icon.gifDownload PDF Media Contact: 202-268-2155

News Release #06-064

October 10, 2006

POSTAL SERVICE WANTS “TO CONTINUE TO LOOK LIKE AMERICA”

Postmaster General speaks to Hispanic postal employee organization during National Hispanic Heritage Month

San Antonio, TX – Postmaster General John E. Potter told a conference of Hispanic postal employees over the weekend that there has never been a better time to prepare for future career opportunities at the Postal Service. The Postal Service will soon experience more turnover than ever before due to the baby boomer generation reaching retirement age. Potter said attracting qualified people from diverse populations—including Hispanics—and promoting them based on performance is important because “it’s our goal to continue to look like America, even as the face of America continues to change.”

Potter made his remarks at the Hispanic Organization of Postal Employees (HOPE) conference in San Antonio, TX. Hispanics are now the largest minority population in the United States, comprising about 14 percent of the population. By 2050, it is estimated that almost 25 percent of the nation will be of Hispanic descent.

Potter also said the Postal Service must identify and meet the needs of new demographic groups when it comes to customers. “We have to meet customers on their terms, overcome language barriers, and offer services relevant to different lifestyles.” For Hispanic customers, the Postal Service is accomplishing this through the efforts of its National Hispanic Program by working with national Hispanic organizations, helping stage passport fairs in local ethnic communities, and designing Postal Service Automated Postal Centers (APCs) to communicate in Spanish.

Susan LaChance, Vice President, Employee Development & Diversity, told the HOPE attendees that the Postal Service has created programs that they and all postal employees should take advantage of in order to climb the career ladder. Noting that Postmaster General Potter started his postal career as a clerk and she started hers as a clerk and letter carrier, LaChance said “I’m proud that postal jobs at all levels continue to offer so much to those who hold them. But as a manager responsible for development, I also want to make it as simple as possible for every employee to move as high up in this organization as their talents and tenacity will take them.”

The National Hispanic Program is one of many Postal Service diversity programs designed to ensure that all employees have an equal opportunity to compete in every aspect of employment.

Since 1775, the United States Postal Service and its predecessor, the Post Office Department, have connected friends, families, neighbors and businesses by mail. An independent federal agency that visits more than 144 million homes and businesses every day, the Postal Service is the only service provider delivering to every address in the nation. It receives no taxpayer dollars for routine operations, but derives its operating revenues solely from the sale of postage, products and services. With annual revenues of $70 billion, it is the world’s leading provider of mailing and delivery services, offering some of the most affordable postage rates in the world. The U.S. Postal Service delivers more than 46 percent of the world’s mail volume—some 212 billion letters, advertisements, periodicals and packages a year—and serves 10 million customers each day at its 37,000 retail locations nationwide.

Hermit, you KNOW I LOVE ya! I'm a democrat and I support Obama, and you know how I feel about race issues. I wasn't necessarily claiming that my kid is suffering from reverse discimination, I just wanna know what the hell's going on there. So it's my responsibility to go to the school and talk to people and find out. I won't bitch about it any more in here (unless I get in a certain mood- then all bets are off).

Remember that show where the white family had themselves made up to look black and had to live like that? All I have to do to know the answer to the question: Is racism a serious issue? is ask myself if I'd let my kid be made up to look black and turn her loose here in the burbs (in a supposedly progressive state). The answer is hell no! I'd be afraid to! So that is the closest I can get to knowing what it's like to experience embedded cultural racism. That would SUCK! And the anger of experiencing that day after day, generation after generation would be so hard to deal with.

Anyway, I brought up the thing at her school to see what people thought, not to compare racism vs. reverse racism. But we know it exists, and as white people we don't know what the hell to do. If we say something, even liberals like me can be accused of being racist. It's soooooo uncomfortable, and I like talking about uncomfortable stuff. Of course, this forum has some serious rednecks in it, who are jumping at the chance to go crazy on this shit. But Rock Action's not one of them, I don't think Dzldoc is either, and some others I can't tell. Some I can DEFINATELY tell, and they only prove the point we're trying to make.

No I'm not although I had my indifferences as a teenager, I've grown away from that.

What I do tend to sense these days though, is that it doesn't seem to be enough to inact equallity there is an eir of vengence to make things equal. :huh: JMHO

Suz,.. to be clear.. I never suggested,.. or even meant to so much as infer.. that our friends Rock Action or Dzl are wrong side of the racism fence; afaic they're both good, decent people. If any other impression came across from my posts, I deeply regret that and I do apologize to them both.

I was merely challenging their "reverse discrimination" claims which were made in response to my pointing out the fact that racism is alive an well in the republican party. While "reverse discrimination" (a complete misnomer,..but I'll overlook that right now) does exist, it pales in comparison to the violent, ugly, oppressive racism, discrimination, and segregation that's been experienced by Blacks throughout the history of America.. though certainly to a lesser degree today than in the past. The existence of so-called "reverse discrimination" should not serve as a distraction from the point that racism is alive and well in the "America is not ready for a Black POTUS" republican party.

:hippy:

No, you didn't give that impression. I just wanted to see if you (or anyone else) had anything to say about it.

I totally agree with you and see that your shit can't be stirred. :D

btw..

Suz,.. to be clear.. I never suggested,.. or even meant to so much as infer.. that our friends Rock Action or Dzl are wrong side of the racism fence; afaic they're both good, decent people. If any other impression came across from my posts, I deeply regret that and I do apologize to them both.

I was merely challenging their "reverse discrimination" claims which were made in response to my pointing out the fact that racism is alive an well in the republican party. While "reverse discrimination" (a complete misnomer,..but I'll overlook that right now) does exist, it pales in comparison to the violent, ugly, oppressive racism, discrimination, and segregation that's been experienced by Blacks throughout the history of America.. though certainly to a lesser degree today than in the past. The existence of so-called "reverse discrimination" should not serve as a distraction from the point that racism is alive and well in the "America is not ready for a Black POTUS" republican party.

No, you didn't give that impression. I just wanted to see if you (or anyone else) had anything to say about it.

I totally agree with you and see that your shit can't be stirred. :D

btw..

Just because I'm anxious to get into this racial discussion I'll just take Hermit's last post and talk jump into it.

I agree with you Hermit, that Blacks have been treated unfairly (horribly unfairly if you like), but most of that is in the past. What I cannot stand, and I've nearly gotten into fights about this, is when a black kid tells me about how much his people have suffered. Yes, your ancestors suffered, not you personally. Maybe the Italians owe me an apology for feeding my ancestors to lions, or the English should apologize to me for invading France multiple times, because they're my ancestors too.

Most black people (be it my girlfriends boss, some kids in school, or random dudes at a park playing basketball) that I've ever met are not afraid to ever pull the race card. Why? They know they won't get into trouble. If I was to bitch and whine about how tough the white man has it right now, I'd be front page news and links to KKK might randomly be pulled out of the air. But when black people like Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson or hell, even Kwame Kilpatrick, make terrible racial comments or play the race card every day of their lives, it goes unnoticed by the media. Then Don Imus lets one word slip and hell breaks loose. That's simply bull shit. Utter cow shit (pun not intended)

I've been thinking recently, about racial politics of late. People like MLK Jr. fought against segregation, that whites and blacks and asians, etc. might live together as a community in harmony, that didn't see somethign as superficial as skin color. The KKK hated people like him, they wanted their white kids to remain "untarnished", so to speak, of the black race. Today, social liberals today, claiming to be civil rights activists, are essentially forcing people to see color and almost begging for segregation and affirmative action (something MLK didn't want..).

Perhaps the KKK should be voting Democrat afterall...

http://www.macombdaily.com/stories/051508/loc_local02.shtml

A great event yesterday. I was kind of surprised how slight Obama is in person. You get the impression from tv that he's a tall guy. He's actually kind of fragile looking when you see him up close. His advanced team was the most efficient I've ever worked with, and I've worked with pretty much every candidate since Reagan.

Obama is a good speaker. He had the audience in the palm of his hand. He's funny and quick witted. He comes across almost slightly naive compared to other politicians. Overall, I was pretty impressed. This event was private, and an attempt to mend some perceived Union problems with the Teamsters and UAW. Rock on Barack.

Reality check time: Barack does not "need" Hillary as VP to win the general election.

Desperate though repubs are to see her on the dem ticket,.. she's not going to be.

The thought does occur to me that Hillary

might be worth considering as VP afterall. :shifty:

VPs are traditionally the president's attack dog; they go out and say things that president's tend not to say; things that might be considered 'beneath the dignity' of the president to say. Well, if Hillary's proven anything throughout this primary season it's been that she's not just willing to bare her fangs, she's willing to actually go on the attack. I'd even go so far as to say she seems like a real natural for the position. ;)

hillary-clinton.jpg

Growwwwwwl!!! Slobber-slobber-snap-snap!

HillaryAttacks1.jpg

I'm gonna fuck you up! Yeah,.. you!

:D

Seriously though.. as much as I do admire Hillary's "never quit" attitude and her "I'll bite yer ass, mutherf-er!" tenacity.. I dont think she's gonna be tapped for VP. But we democrats do love her and we do want her out there campaigning hard for Obama and we look forward to her continuing.. as she has been for many years.. to be a leading voice in the democratic party.

Hillary.. you've fought hard.. and you've proven that you're no quitter *cough*John Kerry*cough*. I'm very proud of you.. and when the dust settles from this primary campaign, the entire democratic party will be very, very proud of you! You rock, girl! Cheers! :beer:

hillary-clinton.jpg

flwrs.gif

[fwiw.. I say screw Harry 'the wimp' Reid; I'd much rather

have Hillary Clinton in the position of dem majority leader! :thumbsup:]

Here's your Dem's VP...

govsebeliusofficial05.jpg

Kathleen Sebelius, Governor of Kansas

according to the Washington Post, she is the best VP candidate for the dems:

1) Kathleen Sebelius: The second-term Kansas governor earns the top spot because of her ability to further bolster Obama's strengths while not exacerbating his weaknesses. Picking Sebelius would affirm Obama's core message of change and would give Obama's run even more historic weight. Sebelius's electoral success in traditionally Republican Kansas would also echo Obama's pledge to change the electoral map in the fall.

that link has the rest of the possible dems and the list for GOP VPs

I just think that the damage done between Hillary and Barack would mean neither could be on the same ticket... it would be too easy for the GOP to expand on the agruments they made against each other and further divide democrats

Archived