• Mike Huckabee
    • John McCain
    • Barack Obama
    • Ron Paul
    • Mitt Romney
    • Bill Richardson
    • Fred Thompson

As a political loser (as VP, 2x senate), at least shes consistent? :huh:

If Hillary cant pull this out somehow, what a sad day it will be for America to see it come down to McCain and Obama. It goes against all logic. How could this have happened? If you are a right wing die hard Republican you have to be sick. You have to think back and wish that Gore had gotten justice and won in 2000 and them you could have blamed all this on him and his party. But by stealing the election and with the narrow defeat of Kerry, we will all pay the price Im afraid. Many have been brainwashed by this Obama, with his promises of a quick fix that are unrealistic. Bush has caused so much harm to this country and so did Bill Clinton because of a simple mistake of infidelity. Had he stayed the course, we would have been far better off. Monica was the Daliala that cut Sampsons hair in this day and age. If this scandal never would have happened, Gore would have won, and we would have been better served. Now we must face the consequences. Will the nest 4 yrs be any better than the last 4?? I doubt it. It will not change our lives a bit. The only issue is whether health care will change and if gas prices will drop or rise. What are you betting on?

Well if he really wants to win and the Dems chairman wants him to win, then he must chose Hillary to gaurantee it. He then will not lose the support of Hillary's camp which is half the Dem camp. You PB wont accept this because you dont like her but it is an accepted proposition by many a political analyst not including yourself and our temporarily lost spin artist Hermit. But if Obama does pull this out and win the office, he will not hold it long unless he performs miracles. Those miracles being, a withdrawal in Iraq that doesnt result in massive loss of life (unlikely), a dramatic improvement at the gas pumps (unlikely) and a sudden boom in the economy (not impossible but unlikely). Last but not least a dramatic improvment in health care (possible, but not over night). So the bottom line is, a black president for the first time will be held to higher standards. And dont bother with that African American bullshit. He never lived in Africa. And neither did most blacks in this country. Call me a European American-I never lived in Europe and my ancestory is from there.

One point here, Your Great Grandma wasn't stolen from Europe and brought here to be a slave.

Moving on...

We can't leave Iraq without massive loss of life??? why not? There will be lives lost at the same rate they have been lost for the last 5 years. The Exit strategy will not be announced to al Qaeda or Insurgents. It will be done by the military, they are very capable of leaving Iraq, geez.

And overall, Barack will be a fine President, will he make mistakes? Yes, they all do. Has Bush made mistakes.... YES. Barack has a lot of work cut out for him, and he is the best candidate for the job. He has the ability to work across party lines. He will get things done. He won't fix everything, that is ridiculous to think so. What we need in the next President is someone to move us in another direction. We can't continue on the same path, it's not working. The world has some serious hostility, the answer is not more hostility, that I do know.

One point here, Your Great Grandma wasn't stolen from Europe and brought here to be a slave.

Moving on...

We can't leave Iraq without massive loss of life??? why not? There will be lives lost at the same rate they have been lost for the last 5 years. The Exit strategy will not be announced to al Qaeda or Insurgents. It will be done by the military, they are very capable of leaving Iraq, geez.

And overall, Barack will be a fine President, will he make mistakes? Yes, they all do. Has Bush made mistakes.... YES. Barack has a lot of work cut out for him, and he is the best candidate for the job. He has the ability to work across party lines. He will get things done. He won't fix everything, that is ridiculous to think so. What we need in the next President is someone to move us in another direction. We can't continue on the same path, it's not working. The world has some serious hostility, the answer is not more hostility, that I do know.

All I am saying is he will be held to higher standards and expectations. Unfairly perhaps. But al Qaeda will turn up the bombings and violence as soon as we leave to more or less tell us we are a failure and that the whole thing was a failure.

Agree totally. I dont know how he ever got here. It scares me. Too many skeletons in his closet for my liking. NOBAMA.

He's a snake oil salesman. Smooth talker. But that's all.

Problem is, Bush bunged things up so bad that everyone's voting out of desperation, not common sense.

VOTE INDEPENDENT.

Screw the McDonalds/Burger King choices.

He's a snake oil salesman. Smooth talker. But that's all.

Problem is, Bush bunged things up so bad that everyone's voting out of desperation, not common sense.

VOTE INDEPENDENT.

Screw the McDonalds/Burger King choices.

Very well put. It is a vote against Bush. Everyone wants change. Promises, promises he makes just to get into the White House. Perhaps he can get some things passed easier than Bush with a Dem congress. But in some ways that scares the hell out me. I am not going to forget about Rev Wright.

Fuck Osama. He hasn't had any competition yet. :P

I'm pretty sure you're joking here. (I hope)

Agree totally. I dont know how he ever got here. It scares me. Too many skeletons in his closet for my liking. NOBAMA.

Desperado.... Who did you vote for in the last Presidential election and who did you vote for in this primary?

As for how Barack got to where he is, he has a great resume', take some time to learn about his career in the last 20 years, there's more to him than just where he went to church for the last 20 years and who his pastor was.

So, who are you voting for? Cause we all get you are against Obama.

And with that...I'll elect to NOT get involved in any more politics here. Maybe the "Osama" crack was over the top, but I've had it with all this attitude. I'm clearly in the minority, with my belief that the truth lies with NEITHER side.

So before I piss anyone else off....adios. I'll stick to the music. My apologies to those who've been decent with me in spite of my beliefs and occasional snark.

Subject: The Ant and the Grasshopper

There is an "Old Version" and a "Modern Version"

Two Different Versions! Two Different Morals!

OLD VERSION:

The ant works hard in the withering heat all summer long, building his house and laying up supplies for the winter.

The grasshopper thinks the ant is a fool and laughs and dances and plays the summer away. Come winter, the ant is warm and well fed.

The grasshopper has no food or shelter, so he dies out in the cold.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Be responsible for yourself!

-------------------------------------------

MODERN VERSION:

The ant works hard in the withering heat all summer long, building his house and laying up supplies for the winter.

The grasshopper thinks the ant is a fool and laughs and dances and plays the summer away.

Come winter, the shivering grasshopper calls a press conference and demands to know why the ant should be allowed to be warm and well fed while others are cold and starving.

CBS, NBC, PBS, CNN, and ABC show up to provide pictures of the shivering grasshopper next to a video of the ant in his comfortable home with a table filled with food. America is stunned by the sharp contrast. How can this be, that in a country of such wealth, this poor grasshopper is allowed to suffer so?

Kermit the Frog appears on Oprah with the grasshopper, and everybody cries when they sing, 'It's Not Easy Being Green. '

Jesse Jackson stages a demonstration in front of the ant's house where the news stations film the group singing, 'We shall overcome.' Jesse then has the group kneel down to pray for the grasshopper's sake.

Nancy Pelosi & John Kerry exclaim in an interview with Larry King that the ant has gotten rich off the back of the grasshopper, and both call for an immediate tax hike on the ant to make him pay his fair share.

Finally, the EEOC drafts the Economic Equity & Anti-Grasshopper Act retroactive to the beginning of the summer.

The ant is fined for failing to hire a proportionate number of green bugs and, having nothing left to pay his retroactive taxes, his home is confiscated by the government.

Hillary gets her old law firm to represent the grasshopper in a defamation suit against the ant, and the case is tried before a panel of federal judges that Bill Clinton appointed from a list of single-parent welfare recipients.

The ant loses the case.

The story ends as we see the grasshopper finishing up the last bits of the ant's food while the government house he is in, which just happens to be the ant's old house, crumbles around him because he doesn't maintain it.

The ant has disappeared in the snow.

The grasshopper is found dead in a drug related incident and the house, now abandoned, is taken over by a gang of spiders who terrorize the once peaceful neighborhood.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Be careful how you vote in 2008.

:blink:

Subject: The Ant and the Grasshopper

There is an "Old Version" and a "Modern Version"

Two Different Versions! Two Different Morals!

OLD VERSION:

The grasshopper thinks the ant is a fool and laughs and dances and plays the summer away. Come winter, the ant is warm and well fed.

The grasshopper has no food or shelter, so he dies out in the cold.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Be responsible for yourself!

-------------------------------------------

MODERN VERSION:

The grasshopper thinks the ant is a fool and laughs and dances and plays the summer away.

Come winter, the shivering grasshopper calls a press conference and demands to know why the ant should be allowed to be warm and well fed while others are cold and starving.

CBS, NBC, PBS, CNN, and ABC show up to provide pictures of the shivering grasshopper next to a video of the ant in his comfortable home with a table filled with food. America is stunned by the sharp contrast. How can this be, that in a country of such wealth, this poor grasshopper is allowed to suffer so?

Kermit the Frog appears on Oprah with the grasshopper, and everybody cries when they sing, 'It's Not Easy Being Green. '

Jesse Jackson stages a demonstration in front of the ant's house where the news stations film the group singing, 'We shall overcome.' Jesse then has the group kneel down to pray for the grasshopper's sake.

Nancy Pelosi & John Kerry exclaim in an interview with Larry King that the ant has gotten rich off the back of the grasshopper, and both call for an immediate tax hike on the ant to make him pay his fair share.

Finally, the EEOC drafts the Economic Equity & Anti-Grasshopper Act retroactive to the beginning of the summer.

The ant is fined for failing to hire a proportionate number of green bugs and, having nothing left to pay his retroactive taxes, his home is confiscated by the government.

Hillary gets her old law firm to represent the grasshopper in a defamation suit against the ant, and the case is tried before a panel of federal judges that Bill Clinton appointed from a list of single-parent welfare recipients.

The ant loses the case.

The story ends as we see the grasshopper finishing up the last bits of the ant's food while the government house he is in, which just happens to be the ant's old house, crumbles around him because he doesn't maintain it.

The ant has disappeared in the snow.

The grasshopper is found dead in a drug related incident and the house, now abandoned, is taken over by a gang of spiders who terrorize the once peaceful neighborhood.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Be careful how you vote in 2008.

:blink:

OMG....

:wacko: Hi all,

And with that...I'll elect to NOT get involved in any more politics here. Maybe the "Osama" crack was over the top, but I've had it with all this attitude. I'm clearly in the minority, with my belief that the truth lies with NEITHER side.

So before I piss anyone else off....adios. I'll stick to the music. My apologies to those who've been decent with me in spite of my beliefs and occasional snark.

You didn't piss me off,.........you could,.... :D Kidding,you like to fish,you say what you mean,who the heck could be pissed at that B)

Look at THE men&women and people of all ages,who ever you vote for,whoever is elected,that is going to change the culture of the US Goverment?This is a friendly,true comment,.....are you ****'in jokin'? :wacko:

KB

Archived