• John Edwards
    • Mike Huckabee
    • John McCain
    • Barack Obama
    • Ron Paul
    • Mitt Romney
    • Bill Richardson
    • Fred Thompson

a few words of wisdom from thom hartmann that i thought i'd share...

Obama - Ask Hillary First!

Air American:

The issue at hand for the Democratic Party for winning in ‘08 is not losing to McCain but losing to a divided Democratic party. The first thing Obama should do if nominated is put Hillary on the ticket. Will the Republicans have a field day with her on the ticket? Yes! Is their some bad blood in the water due to some negative campaign strategies on the part of the Clintons? Probably. Can Hillary be a tough fighter able to play tough allowing Obama to stay higher above the fray? Yes!

Howard Dean said a few months ago that the loser will be the most important person in the Democratic presidential run this year. Hillary's legacy in this 08 election could place her as the healer and bring together a united Democratic party. As a winning ticket they also move this country closer to healing the racial and misogynist undertones that still have roots.

Can you picture Denver with Hillary's delegates close to half of all delegates demanding that she be included on the ticket? To some it's a crusade. If Hillary was the one out ahead - by just a little over half - wouldn't Obama supporters want the same?

Obama's offer and Hillary's acceptance of an Obama/Clinton ticket hold the healing and the power to move this country in the direction of the real change in Washington that Obama talks about. First he must bring the Democrats back together again.

Obama - ask Hillary first. And if she should say no, the offer would still have a unifying affect.

--Thom Hartmann

An Obama/Clinton administration would be shit* because the Clintons would likely act as though the presidency were a funky triumvirate, or otherwise seek to diminish Obama's standing.

*yeah, yeah.... righties, and also because they are liberal and would surrender to the enemy and kick your puppies.

*yeah, yeah.... righties, and also because they are liberal and would surrender to the enemy and kick your puppies.

:rolleyes: Oh yeah. Let's just keep dividing amongst ourselves. Yeah, that's the ticket!

I'm so sick of the two-party system. :angry:

An Obama/Clinton administration would be shit* because the Clintons would likely act as though the presidency were a funky triumvirate, or otherwise seek to diminish Obama's standing.

sounds like what McCain been doing to Bush for the last 8 years. Hell McCain just admitted that kerry asked him to be VP in 2004. and i still don't get how McCain is more of the same, when he basically is did to bush what hilrod wants to do obama, set her self up for 2012.

This is the first time I'm voting for the VP. If obama ask Hagel, who is Republican, i may vote for that bastard. Unless McCain picks Gov. of LA Jindal or the Gov. of Min. I have more in common with mitt Romney so he is a possibility

The Republicans may have an ace up their sleeve? VP?

508f8fa5.jpg

i mentioned him before on this thread, but he has only two years of governorship. The G.O.P. will pound obama on his experience, so a inexperienced VP is hypocritical. The governor from Florida is a economic genius, but he has only two years under his belt.

At least some members of the much-touted crowd of 75,000 people at a May 18 rally in Portland for Barack Obama may have been there, in part, to see a popular local band that normally opens its concerts with the national anthem -- of the former Soviet Union.

National media outlets have widely reported estimates of between 72,000 and 75,000 people in attendance at Obama's rally. What they have largely failed to report, however, is that many in the crowd may have attended as much for a free concert as to express their support for the Democratic frontrunner.

"The rally drew 75,000 people, but the media did not give any credit to the opening act, The Decemberists, who are wildly popular in Portland," says Robert Knight, director of the Culture and Media Institute of the Media Research Center. "I'm not saying that Obama wouldn't have drawn a big crowd, but certainly when you have a band that popular opening for him on a beautiful day, that probably should have been mentioned [by the media]."

By not mentioning the band, Knight says, the media has been able to avoid a well-known fact about The Decemberists. "You'd think the media would find it interesting that a presidential candidate had a band open for him that typically plays the Soviet national anthem, the song that celebrates communism in Russia," Knight says. "But the media has taken no interest in it."

The Decemberists lead vocalist has also performed a song about Obama that includes Marxist terminology.

"The front man for the group, Colin Meloy, did a musical endorsement of Obama on YouTube," Knight explains. "And some of the lyrics include, '... he will shatter the putrescence and complacency among the bourgeoisie.' ... The 'bourgeoisie' is a term that Marxists use to describe the middle class."

Knight says the Obama campaign could have easily learned that their opening act routinely starts its shows with the Soviet anthem by checking either Google or Wikipedia.

"The Obama campaign is secure in the knowledge that the mainstream media will not report any of this. Certainly they haven't so far," he complained. "They know that the media will not do anything to embarrass liberal candidates. They cover for them all the time. So, that might make them a little complacent about checking out people that they are associated with."

According to the Wikipedia entry about The Decemberists, "The band is named in reference to an 1825 revolt over the Imperial Russian succession (Decemberist Revolt). It is not related to the Bolshevik Revolution of 1917, although Meloy has referred to the historical Decembrists as a communist revolutionary group."

i mentioned him before on this thread, but he has only two years of governorship. The G.O.P. will pound obama on his experience, so a inexperienced VP is hypocritical. The governor from Florida is a economic genius, but he has only two years under his belt.

Yes Pb I saw that and it didn't cross my mind at the time, he say's no BUT! we have heard it more than once down here and EVERY time he went for the promotion.

I like him and voted for him more than once including the first time he ran against

Gov. Blankstare!

He started his career under Gov. Mike Foster as head of LA Health Services then went on to work for GH Bush then came home and ran and won my local district ,said he wasn't going anywhere. Then ran for Congress and won said he was staying put then ran for Gov 1st time and lost said he was not going to run again and stay in congress.

Congratulation Gov. Now he says no to VP well his track record says different. The only thing that really annoys me about him and he's been working on it, is he talks too damn fast. Us southern folk like to absorb the conversation, we like to talk to or with people not At them lol :D Here's a clip of him on the Tonight show with Leno

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg5GWI7UKtQ

At least some members of the much-touted crowd of 75,000 people at a May 18 rally in Portland for Barack Obama may have been there, in part, to see a popular local band that normally opens its concerts with the national anthem -- of the former Soviet Union.

National media outlets have widely reported estimates of between 72,000 and 75,000 people in attendance at Obama's rally. What they have largely failed to report, however, is that many in the crowd may have attended as much for a free concert as to express their support for the Democratic frontrunner.

"The rally drew 75,000 people, but the media did not give any credit to the opening act, The Decemberists, who are wildly popular in Portland," says Robert Knight, director of the Culture and Media Institute of the Media Research Center. "I'm not saying that Obama wouldn't have drawn a big crowd, but certainly when you have a band that popular opening for him on a beautiful day, that probably should have been mentioned [by the media]."

By not mentioning the band, Knight says, the media has been able to avoid a well-known fact about The Decemberists. "You'd think the media would find it interesting that a presidential candidate had a band open for him that typically plays the Soviet national anthem, the song that celebrates communism in Russia," Knight says. "But the media has taken no interest in it."

The Decemberists lead vocalist has also performed a song about Obama that includes Marxist terminology.

"The front man for the group, Colin Meloy, did a musical endorsement of Obama on YouTube," Knight explains. "And some of the lyrics include, '... he will shatter the putrescence and complacency among the bourgeoisie.' ... The 'bourgeoisie' is a term that Marxists use to describe the middle class."

Knight says the Obama campaign could have easily learned that their opening act routinely starts its shows with the Soviet anthem by checking either Google or Wikipedia.

"The Obama campaign is secure in the knowledge that the mainstream media will not report any of this. Certainly they haven't so far," he complained. "They know that the media will not do anything to embarrass liberal candidates. They cover for them all the time. So, that might make them a little complacent about checking out people that they are associated with."

According to the Wikipedia entry about The Decemberists, "The band is named in reference to an 1825 revolt over the Imperial Russian succession (Decemberist Revolt). It is not related to the Bolshevik Revolution of 1917, although Meloy has referred to the historical Decembrists as a communist revolutionary group."

I'm not sure whats your position or if you believe in Marxist, but you have to ask yourself this. A man who has ties to an American hating pastor, and unrepentant terrorist, and his latest fuck up with talking with rouge leaders, could he be this stupid and not realized everybody in America does not have the same values as he does. and he is giving ammo to his enemies. if he thinks he is going to pull this election out just with the black and young voters, he is kidding himself.

May 22 (Bloomberg)

Billionaire investor Carl Icahn said Barack Obama would be a "terrible" U.S. president whose election would bring higher interest rates and a loss of international confidence in the dollar.

``I don't normally get involved in politics, but this time I am,'' Icahn told an investors conference in New York last night. ``I don't think Obama really understands economics.''

The Illinois senator is the front-runner for the Democratic presidential nomination. Obama has 1,962 delegates, according to an Associated Press tally, putting him 64 delegates shy of the 2,026 needed to clinch the nomination.

``I personally think he would be a terrible president,'' Icahn, 72, said. Obama would probably go on a ``huge spending spree'' that ``the country can't afford right now.''

Coupled with the higher tax rates that the Illinois senator has already endorsed, ``you would have a loss of confidence in the dollar,'' leading to accelerating inflation and ``much higher interest rates,'' Icahn said. His comments, and remarks by other presenters at the conference, were embargoed by the organizers until this morning.

Even worse, Icahn said, would be a Democratic president with a veto-proof supermajority of 60 Democrats elected to the Senate.

``I personally think he would be a terrible president,'' Icahn, 72, said. Obama would probably go on a ``huge spending spree'' that ``the country can't afford right now.''

That doesn't sound particularly specific or compelling. He'd 'probably' do something....like what, sink billions of dollars with little accountability into Iraq? :huh: Warren Buffett (aka the richest man in the world) endorses Obama, so the uber-rich endorsement tote board is a mixed bag anyway.

this sounds like it came right from the swift boaters....

and by the way hammering Barack on having ties to communists and terrorists(Weather Underground) is supposedly going to be their method of attack. We all remember those swift boat ads on John Kerry. I'm not looking forward to those ads. But, Barack always does well handling attacks from people like that. Kerry's mistake was not standing up more to those type of attacks.

McCain is just too damn old for the job.

Sheesh!

What does age have to do with it if you still have your wit?

If the Democrats play that card, the Republicans will just say that Obama is too young. If he wins he'll probably turn out like JFK did. A young, charismatic leader who did little if anything in reality. (No I'm not saying he'll be assassinated, I wasn't talking about that part of JFKs presidency/life)

Kerry's mistake was not standing up more to those type of attacks.

Kerry's problem was that what the swift boat guys said was true, that's why he couldn't respond. We need more people willing to stand up to these politicians. Good for them.

Kerry's problem was that what the swift boat guys said was true, that's why he couldn't respond. We need more people willing to stand up to these politicians. Good for them.

His problem was that his advisers told him to ignore it, because addressing it/them directly would help legitimize the group*. Obviously, enough confusion ensued so Kerry couldn't run on his record after that. The swiftboaters were basically bullshit-artists w/ 30 yr old grudges.

*yay, like republican foreign policy!

Hi all,

His problem was that his advisers told him to ignore it, because addressing it/them directly would help legitimize the group*. Obviously, enough confusion ensued so Kerry couldn't run on his record after that. The swiftboaters were basically bullshit-artists w/ 30 yr old grudges.

*yay, like republican foreign policy!

His problem was that he should have not told his *advisors* that this was BS and then gone out there and called them on it,...like "I didn't inhale?" :blink: Hell,I'd rather vote for a person who admits their mistakes.Take this as you will but we,the people of the United States will want a person who stands up for what he or she believes in,rather than someone who won't make a stand.This seems to only hold true of POTUS election, because on another other level,we kept electing Kerry in MA.

KB(I did inhale!) :o

The swiftboaters were basically bullshit-artists w/ 30 yr old grudges.

If you choose to believe that every officer in his chain of command along with many others, with nothing to gain, all agree on what kind of officer he was are "bullshit artists" and only he and and a few guys with a lot to gain by supporting him are telling the truth you're welcome to do so. But even a cursory look at the facts show what sort of character he is.

Anyone who has been in the military knows the type. All he cared about was getting his "combat veteran" ticket punched, maybe get a medal, and get on with his future plans. He put others in danger needlessly to further his career. This is inexcusable imo.

*edited to add*

Who cares anyhow? This thread is about this election not past losers.

back on topic;

nobama.jpg

All he cared about was getting his "combat veteran" ticket punched, maybe get a medal, and get on with his future plans. He put others in danger needlessly to further his career. This is inexcusable imo.

so is having your father get you a guard slot to avoid combat, then going awol on top of that...

what's inexcusable is having a commander-in-chief who went awol...absolutely a slap in the face to any of us who have served in the military...it sickens me!!!

now get back on your topic...

so is having your father get you a guard slot to avoid combat, then going awol on top of that...

what's inexcusable is having a commander-in-chief who went awol...absolutely a slap in the face to any of us who have served in the military...it sickens me!!!

Well it's better than a candidate who never even thought about joining the military, whom thinks he knows more about the military, than a guy who can't lift his arm because the Vietcong fucking broke it in half while they kept him in captivate for 5 1/2 years. or another president who just basically told the U.S.A. govt to go fuck themselves when he was drafted.

Well it's better than a candidate who never even thought about joining the military, whom thinks he knows more about the military, than a guy who can't lift his arm because the Vietcong fucking broke it in half while they kept him in captivate for 5 1/2 years. or another president who just basically told the U.S.A. govt to go fuck themselves when he was drafted.

nooo..if you have never joined, you can't go awol...and the other one at least showed up for his rotc appt...

still fighting long lost battles eh? :rolleyes:

"losers live in the past" Mike Ditka

back on topic

Anybody

But

Obama

nobama.jpg

I told you guys this guy was full of bullshit for his personal gain.

Obama Camp Admits Misspeak

by Bonney Kapp

Call it a mistake or a slip-up - but don’t compare it to “snipergate,” the Hillary Clinton gaffe where she distorted her trip to Bosnia.

Yesterday when talking to veterans at a Las Cruces, NM, Memorial Day town hall, Barack Obama shared a family story when discussing veterans’ mental health issues. He often discusses his grandfather’s service in Patton’s Army, but talked about another family member’s service.

“I had a uncle who was one of the, who was part of the first American troops to go into Auschwitz and liberate the concentration camps and the story in our family was is that when he came home, he just went up into the attic and he didn’t leave the house for six months…Now obviously something had really affected him deeply but at that time there just weren’t the kinds of facilities to help somebody work through that kind of pain,” he said

The story was quickly picked up in the conservative blogosphere, which picked apart Obama’s story. His mother was an only child. The Soviet Army liberated Auschwitz. This afternoon, the RNC emailed a statement out to reporters. “Barack Obama’s dubious claim is inconsistent with world history and demands an explanation. It was Soviet troops that liberated Auschwitz, so unless his uncle was serving in the Red Army, there’s no way Obama’s statement yesterday can be true.”

So what’s the deal?

Obama’s maternal grandmother’s brother, Charlie Payne, served with the 89th Infantry Division that liberated Ohrdruf, a subcamp of Buchenwald concentration camp. “Yesterday he mistakenly referred to Auschwitz instead of Buchenwald in telling his personal experience of a soldier in his family who served heroically,” an Obama spokesman said in a statement.

Thoughts:

1. OH SHIT!!!

Obama mistakenly switched Auschwitz with Buchenwald!!

2.Other than name recognition (Auschwitz obviously being more recognizable than Buchenwald..who the fuck wants to give a history in the middle of a stump speech to make a point) how exactly is this bullshit?

3. They were both concentration camps, no?

4. The dude actually liberated Buchenwald, no?

5. Comparison: So the navy vet who told me he flew Wildcats of the USS Essex, when he actually flew Hellcats was full of shit too?

Inventing the relative would be understandable to pounce on...but fucking come on.....switching the names of actual camps in actual events??? The republicans are probably hoping this becomes a viral thing that no one will actually investigate...sorta like Obama being a radical Muslim and wanting to eat your children.

I didn't vote in Idaho's primary today.

My cousin's funeral was today, and I was at my aunt's house all day long. I totally forgot to go and vote--but for a good reason.

So far, my boy Obama is winning the democratic primary-- 57% to Hilary's 39%.

Archived