• John Edwards
    • Mike Huckabee
    • John McCain
    • Barack Obama
    • Ron Paul
    • Mitt Romney
    • Bill Richardson
    • Fred Thompson

you ain't seen nothin yet because the next prez will be the worst in the history of our nation

whom ever it is.

Not God Bless America!

God Help America!

Why do you say that?

They couldn't be any worse than Bush or even Nixon...

This is going to be the best Election the US has had in decades!

I mean talk about two brilliant candidates...Obama and McCain...which ever guy you vote in you can't lose...

Such a relief to see an election like this after 8 years of blundering embarrassments and poor administration.

I'm thinking you are joking because this is no way going to be a good election. If it was hilrod, maybe you can have a debate just on issues. but with the dems stating that the biggest Bush hater is going to be bush III and that the first black man who has a chance, will also be one of the most inexperienced presidents ever. the mud will be throwing. A democratic strategist stated that Obama is a candidate who can't win, who's in a party who can't lose against a candidate that can't lose with a party that can't win. what that is suggesting is McCain will make this election based on character, not party line politics. America wants dems because the G.O.P. decided to take a vacation after 2004, but they won't vote for someone they can't trust, becuase thats why the G.O.P. will get thier ass kicked this year congress.

you ain't seen nothin yet because the next prez will be the worst in the history of our nation

whom ever it is.

Not God Bless America!

God Help America!

First of all, you can't be the Great president without a war. Name a great president that wasn't involve with a war. Reagan had the cold war, Lincoln was the civil war and the FDR WWII. McCain won't get credit for the Iraq even when his plan of the surge is the plan that will win this war. He could fall into solving the middle east problems if Iraq comes back strong and they force Iran hand. Obama could do something what Clinton did with the middle east peace talks, but it still seem to me none of the problems were solved.

But yes, Obama can be a great president, depending on whom you are. if you like abortion, no guns, big government, higher taxes, illegal immigrants, and gay marriages, obama is the greatest thing since slice bread. but if you don't like those things, no matter what how much obama gets done, you're not going to like him. yes America will change, but is it the change that you want. the biggest thing against pres. Bush is that he had to much power, do you think the party that wanted more govt control going to change that.

I will give Obama one thing. I believe Bush won in 2000 because people thought he could be a way better president than Gore, and up to the start of the Iraq war, he had the highest approval rating of any president. Gore would not even get passed 65% and Bush got 90%. So yes, if obama wants to risk American lives and pull out the troops and talk openly to terrorist, I'm sure America will love him. but remember, America loved Pres. Bush one time and he used it to push his agenda along. Obama will no doubt do the same with higher taxes, bigger govt, bad gun laws, open borders, and moral issues like third term abortion and gay marriages.

Obama will get shit done, but if you live in a bad neighborhood, is it smart to improve your house to your style, or improve your neighborhood first. for me i rather live in the worst house in the best neighborhood, than have my dream home on 26th and California. (think south central L.A. in Chicago). Is allowing Iraq to fail and terrorist to grow, worth having gay marriages. Will the destruction of Israel be worth it if a 16 year old girl can go get an third term abortion without having to tell her parents and be able to cross state lines to do it. Will you won't mind the $6 a gal of gas so some deer in Alaska won't bang their heads off of pipelines. Will you won't mind paying for somebody mistake of not reading their loan agreement and bought a house they could not afford only because they thought their house was going to double in value.

This is going to be the best Election the US has had in decades!

I mean talk about two brilliant candidates...Obama and McCain...which ever guy you vote in you can't lose...

Such a relief to see an election like this after 8 years of blundering embarrassments and poor administration.

With all due respect, Gainsbarre, your assertion that John McCain is "brilliant" is a misstatement of epic proportions. Over the course of the election you will see that John McCain is no less a nitwitted warmongering embarrassment to America (and to the republican party) than George Bush has been. This election will expose McCain for the blundering nincompoop that he is. Mark my words, my friend. ;)

You're right though, this is going to be the best, most exciting, election the US has had in decades. Barack Obama is going break the race barrier and in doing so he's going to make Americans proud to be Americans again and, I hope, he's going to make our allies proud to be our allies again. :thumbsup:

:beer:

Nixon wasn't that bad. Hell, he was even a pretty decent president

No he wasn't...

First of all he was a blackmailing criminal, the watergate tapes proved that...

Secondly, and you may not know this, but in 1973, during the Yom Kippur war, Egypt sought military assistance from the USSR, and the USSR notified the USA of its intentions to get involved in the conflict...

When the White House got the message and began drafting an immediate response, Kissinger and White House Chief of Staff Alexander Haig insisted that Nixon not be a part of the decision-making process, and not not even be informed of it, because he was not in a 'fit state' to be making decisions...

That's how good Nixon was...That when the Soviets were threatening to get involved in the Yom Kippur war, The White House staff refused to tell Nixon about such a major event...Because they didn't want him making any of the decisions...

Man, that's confidence in your President!

Nixon was just bloody lucky that he had someone of Kissinger's intellect and ability to help him manage those issues that Nixon won plaudits for. While the rest his administration were forced to resign or got their hands dirty from watergate, Kissinger was about the only one who was clean,

With all due respect, Gainsbarre, your assertion that John McCain is "brilliant" is a misstatement of epic proportions. Over the course of the election you will see that John McCain is no less a nitwitted warmongering embarrassment to America (and to the republican party) than George Bush has been. This election will expose McCain for the blundering nincompoop that he is. Mark my words, my friend. ;)

You're right though, this is going to be the best, most exciting, election the US has had in decades. Barack Obama is going break the race barrier and in doing so he's going to make Americans proud to be Americans again and, I hope, he's going to make our allies proud to be our allies again. :thumbsup:

Amen bro.

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::hippy:

no guns,

bad gun laws

Which is it fearless leader? From what he has said dozens of times when asked about gun policy, he's said if you own a firearm (ie handgun, rifle or shotgun) with a valid license, you have nothing to fear from me. He wants to get rid of semi-automatic and automatic weapons from the street dealers which is fine by me. I love the 2nd Amendment but it doesn't mean an American civilian has the right to have a semi-automatic machine gun in his house. Nobody needs one of those above their mantel.

No he wasn't...

Secondly, and you may not know this, but in 1973, during the Yom Kippur war, Egypt sought military assistance from the USSR, and the USSR notified the USA of its intentions to get involved in the conflict...

When the White House got the message and began drafting an immediate response, Kissinger and White House Chief of Staff Alexander Haig insisted that Nixon not be a part of the decision-making process, and not not even be informed of it, because he was not in a 'fit state' to be making decisions...

That's how good Nixon was...That when the Soviets were threatening to get involved in the Yom Kippur war, The White House staff refused to tell Nixon about such a major event...Because they didn't want him making any of the decisions...

Man, that's confidence in your President!

Nixon was just bloody lucky that he had someone of Kissinger's intellect and ability to help him manage those issues that Nixon won plaudits for. While the rest his administration were forced to resign or got their hands dirty from watergate, Kissinger was about the only one who was clean,

Bush makes Nixon look like Shirley Temple.

Which is it fearless leader? From what he has said dozens of times when asked about gun policy, he's said if you own a firearm (ie handgun, rifle or shotgun) with a valid license, you have nothing to fear from me. He wants to get rid of semi-automatic and automatic weapons from the street dealers which is fine by me. I love the 2nd Amendment but it doesn't mean an American civilian has the right to have a semi-automatic machine gun in his house. Nobody needs one of those above their mantel.

no, he has the right. He may not need it, like you may not need more than one car, or more than one tv. but if his hobby is to go blow up a car at knobs creek every year. so be it. I know a guy who has a working WWII German anti aircraft gun that is completely legal after a $75,000 fee from the U.S. government. He doesn't need a AA gun to protect his home, but thats his hobby and that his right. I do believe we need tougher penalties for breaking current gun laws. I would allow tighter restrictions on buying assault rifles, but not a ban.

but what you are missing is he may not be as gun hating as some dems, but most dems do support banning most or all guns and is he going to stand up a say wait a fucking minute when these bad gun laws get railroaded thorugh congress because of the big majority.

it doesn't mean an American civilian has the right to have a semi-automatic machine gun in his house.

There is no such thing.

from the FAQ ON NATIONAL FIREARMS ACT WEAPONS:

A machine gun is any gun that can fire more than one shot with

a single pull of the trigger, or a receiver of a machine gun, or a

combination of parts for assembling a machine gun, or a part or set

of parts for converting a gun into a machine gun.

source

Fox news

Report: Ahmadinejad Tells Japan to ‘Prepare for a World Without the U.S.’

Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad told Japan’s prime minister Thursday that the world will soon not include the United States, Iranian news agency IRNA reported.

"The U.S. domination is on the fall. Iran and Japan as two civilized and influential nations should get ready for a world minus the U.S.," Ahmadinejad told Japanese Prime Minister Yasuo Fukuda on the sidelines of the U.N. food summit in Rome on Tuesday, IRNA reported.

The hard-line leader called for Japan’s cooperation in finding their historical and true status, IRNA reported.

"No body or power can wipe Iran off the world scene and Iranian nation of course can well manage its affairs under such an atmosphere," he said.

Also on Thursday, Iran accused the U.S. of pressuring the U.N.'s nuclear agency to base its latest investigation of Tehran's nuclear activities on fake evidence suggesting that Iran had a secret weapons program.

Ahmadinejad is currently at odds with Iran's new reformist parliament due to growing social and economic unrest.

In addition, the Iranian president is under fire worldwide for his comments on the destruction of Israel, his "suspicions" of the Sept. 11 terror attacks and his belief that homosexuals deserve to be executed, tortured or both.

and i couldn't find the story online, but Iran is threating to sue the U.S.A. for making them look bad. Maybe they are pissed that we haven't sent a few bombers over the border.

I think that this is going to be a big factor. No matter how much hillary praises nobama now anyone with any sense at all will see it as the political expediency it is. She can't erase all the shit she's been slinging to this point. Example: what's she going to say, "I now think he is going to be ready to govern on day 1" after all this time saying the opposite? I don't know how many will vote McCain and how many will stay home, but I think it will have an effect.

nobama.jpg

but what you are missing is he may not be as gun hating as some dems, but most dems do support banning most or all guns and is he going to stand up a say wait a fucking minute when these bad gun laws get railroaded thorugh congress because of the big majority.

So your basis for throwing him under the bus is because "most Democrats" are in favor of banning all weapons in the US. Some may, but again, he's repeatedly said he would never do that and I'll take him at his word on that because there's no evidence suggesting he would go against it. When there is, we'll talk. Also, I think anyone running for the highest office in this country realizes the 2nd Amendment is one of the touchiest subjects out there and it would be political suicide to ban all firearms for personal use. The House majority doesn't speak for the US majority in this case.

Mccain is just another pathetic bush its really not even a debate. Another republican will kill this country!

None of these so-called republicans are actual republicans. The last true Republican was Barry Goldwater and many from the conservative branch hated his guts because he was "old school" and they were building their new agenda (which is what we define as republican today.)

So your basis for throwing him under the bus is because "most Democrats" are in favor of banning all weapons in the US. Some may, but again, he's repeatedly said he would never do that and I'll take him at his word on that because there's no evidence suggesting he would go against it. When there is, we'll talk. Also, I think anyone running for the highest office in this country realizes the 2nd Amendment is one of the touchiest subjects out there and it would be political suicide to ban all firearms for personal use. The House majority doesn't speak for the US majority in this case.

not just the house, the senate too. again, do you think he will stand up against his party and veto the bill if it comes up. The Dem's will have such a majority that they probably could override any veto, if he choose to split from his party agenda.

So are you telling me the most liberal congressman, whom had voted among party lines more often than John McCain voted with Bush. Do you know what Obama will do, he'll make some congressman throw some earmarks (no.2# spender of pork) towards one of his many friends so he won't have an issue with his fellow democrats in congress. Of course the supreme court may block any bill, unless the three judges that are planning to retire in the next two terms, retire before hand and than he can appoint liberal judges, whom surly will get railroaded through a complete majority by the Dem's in congress.

Than there is this issue of him wanting to ban handguns

FactCheck: Yes, Obama endorsed Illinois handgun ban

Obama was being misleading when he denied that his handwriting had been on a document endorsing a state ban on the sale and possession of handguns in Illinois. Obama responded, "No, my writing wasn't on that particular questionnaire. As I said, I have never favored an all-out ban on handguns."

Actually, Obama's writing was on the 1996 document, which was filed when Obama was running for the Illinois state Senate. A Chicago nonprofit, Independent Voters of Illinois, had this question, and Obama took hard line:

35. Do you support state legislation to:

a. ban the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns? Yes.

b. ban assault weapons? Yes.

c. mandatory waiting periods and background checks? Yes.

Obama's campaign said, "Sen. Obama didn't fill out these state Senate questionnaires--a staffer did--and there are several answers that didn't reflect his views then or now. He may have jotted some notes on the front page of the questionnaire, but some answers didn't reflect his views."

Now I'm not calling Mr. Obama a liar, but it seems to me he always has one of his cronies deliver bad news. I'M probably sure Obama did not fill out this questionnaire, because that would be taking a stand which he didn't do 130 times in the Illinois senate by voting "present" and another 10 times in which he claims he pressed the wrong button and had his vote changed or stricken from the record.

35. Do you support state legislation to:

a. ban the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns? Yes.

b. ban assault weapons? Yes.

c. mandatory waiting periods and background checks? Yes.

That right there is a contradiction in itself. Either he made a blunder, was that stupid to say yes to two questions where one is the basis for owning a gun, or the question of manufacture, possession and sale has to do with specifically sale and possession for those who should not be allowed to own handguns. I think thats why he checked both A and C. The question doesn't specify "who" can and can't own a gun. But its assumed that it was checked "yes" referring to criminals and mentally unstable people, who should not have any chance of purchasing and possessing any sort of firearm. I've heard him say on numerous occasions, especially during the PA campaign when asked by dozens of blue collar workers who currently possess firearms if he'd ban all weapons and everytime he said "No. American's have every right to bare firearms, for recreational use and protection. But we also have to limit who is being sold firearms that can potentially hurt innocent people."

I think that this is going to be a big factor. No matter how much hillary praises nobama now anyone with any sense at all will see it as the political expediency it is. She can't erase all the shit she's been slinging to this point. Example: what's she going to say, "I now think he is going to be ready to govern on day 1" after all this time saying the opposite? I don't know how many will vote McCain and how many will stay home, but I think it will have an effect.

There's nothing special about that...Politicians have been doing that since the day dot...we all know they slag each off during the nominations, and then when it's over the very next day they're going on about what a fine leader suchabody will make...it won't have any effect on the voting public, because they've seen all this shit before...We just know they do that

No he wasn't...

Take out Watergate (which may be overexeggerated nowadays I think) and he was all right.

Was he good? No, not really. But hey, he got us out of Nam, helped us at home, and is one of the reasons that the Chinese market finally opened up for us.

History has already deemed him a bad president because of Watergate, I realize that. Do I agree with it though? no.

There's nothing special about that...Politicians have been doing that since the day dot...we all know they slag each off during the nominations, and then when it's over the very next day they're going on about what a fine leader suchabody will make...it won't have any effect on the voting public, because they've seen all this shit before...We just know they do that

This sort of thing will be played endlessly. She will be asked about it, what does she say "I just made up that shit to win"? It will be fatal if he picks her for veep imo. I hope he does. B)

The new G.O.P. ad has both Hilrod and i think edwards bashing obama. hillrod basically said we were better off with McCain than nobama.

Mitt Romney said some bad things about McCain about how he is a typical Washington politician who accepts lobbist money. Obama had said that this is his party and they will not accept any Washington lobbyist money. Which is a good thing, but he still accepts other non Washington special interest money and the special committees on congress that help Dem's get elected still accept Washington special interest money.

Any Hillary supporter not voting for obama, was not going to vote for him no matter what. the 24% that will not support obama, was not going to vote for him even if she ran. They maybe crossover repubs trying to fuck the nom, or they just thought they could live with a women in the white house, but a black man is a no go.

yes his blackness will be an issue, people will vote for him because they think a black man in the white house is a Hollywood movie, and their will be people who won't vote for him because they think the only reason he should be in the white house is being john McCain servant. now the question is will they both off set each other.

I'm still debating if Obama should go into hiding for the next two months. all the news about him in the last two months been bad, so maybe he could stop the rev. wright issue by making it stale. but some his supporters are only supporting him because it's the cool thing to do, if he left, will they get bored and not vote.

^^ It seems to me you oughta be worried about McCain's campaign. The guy can hardly go a day without putting his foot in his mouth or selling out what were, at one time, his principles. How anyone can support this guy and not be completely embarrassed about it is beyond me.

Obama, on the other hand, is on a roll. He's captured the hearts and minds of our nation.. and the world. Hilary Clinton is already telling her supporters to back Obama and (no real surprise here) they are. Major Clinton Backers Rally Around Obama. ;)

Face it, 'my friend' (as McSame would say), Americans want change. Obama is fresh, inspiring, charismatic, and intelligent. He has everything it takes to lead America in a new direction. He's the new face of America. If you think Obama being Black is a negative for him, I'd say you're behind the times and/or you're simply expressing your own race-based biases. America is a progressive country at its roots, and America is ready for an African American POTUS. And Americans are entirely fed up with Bush politics and policies, and McSame is not only a bumbling embarrassment, he's stale, uninspiring, old (school), and represents nothing but a continuation of Bush politics and policies. Latest case in point: Adviser says McCain backs Bush wiretaps. :rolleyes:

If you want more of the same tired, failed Bush policies, then by all means vote for McSame. But the rest of us.. we recognize and embrace the fact that the times they are a changin'! B)

Bob Dylan says Barack Obama is 'changin' America

June 5, 2008

His 1964 track 'The Times They are a-Changin' became the anthem for his generation, symbolising the era-defining social struggle against the establishment. Now Bob Dylan - who could justifiably claim to be the architect of Barack Obama's 'change' catchphrase - has backed the Illinois senator to do for modern America what the generation before did in the 1960s.

In an exclusive interview with The Times, published today, Dylan gives a ringing endorsement to Mr Obama, the first ever black presidential candidate, claiming he is "redefining the nature of politics from the ground up". Dylan, 67, made the comments when being interviewed in Denmark, where he stopped over in a hotel during a tour of Scandinavia.

Asked about his views on American politics, he said: "Well, you know right now America is in a state of upheaval. Poverty is demoralising. You can't expect people to have the virtue of purity when they are poor. "But we've got this guy out there now who is redefining the nature of politics from the ground up...Barack Obama.

"He's redefining what a politician is, so we'll have to see how things play out. Am I hopeful? Yes, I'm hopeful that things might change. Some things are going to have to." He added: “You should always take the best from the past, leave the worst back there and go forward into the future."

Dylan's endorsement contains much symbolic significance. The legendary singer-songwriter, who has an art exhibition opening in London next week, became a focal point for young people worldwide when he released the album 'The times they are a-changin'," including the famous song of that name, in 1964.

The track, which he wrote as the social liberation of the '60s astonished politicians and parents, included lines urging people to accept and embrace what was happening around them.

Memorable lines included: "Come senators, congressmen, please heed the call. Don't stand in the doorway, don't block up the hall," and: "Come mothers and fathers throughout the land, and don't criticise what you can't understand. Your sons and your daughters are beyond your command. Your old road is rapidly agin'."

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/worl...icle4076339.ece

dylan_narrowweb__300x404,0.jpg

446-06062008Morin.slideshow_main.prod_affiliate.91.jpg

Brands on the other side of the republican elephant:

"Domestic Spying" "Habeus Corpus" "Extraordinary Rendition"

"Tax Cuts for the Wealthy" "Outing CIA Agents" "Heckuva Job"

"NeoCons" "Cronyism" "Indefinite Detentions" "Alberto" "Rove"

"No Child Left Behind" "Creationism" "Imperialism" "Unilateral"

:burp:

446-06062008Morin.slideshow_main.prod_affiliate.91.jpg

Brands on the other side of the republican elephant:

"Domestic Spying" "Habeus Corpus" "Extraordinary Rendition"

"Tax Cuts for the Wealthy" "Outing CIA Agents" "Heckuva Job"

"NeoCons" "Cronyism" "Indefinite Detentions" "Alberto" "Rove"

"No Child Left Behind" "Creationism" "Imperialism" "Unilateral"

:burp:

Yup and the Democratic Party is clean as whistle :)

Thank goodness we have at least one decent party to combat those nasty Republicans :D

Archived