Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
TULedHead

The Next President of the USA will be?

Who will win the Presidency in 2008?  

282 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins in 2008?

• Hillary Clinton
    • Rudy Giuliani
    • John Edwards
    • Mike Huckabee
    • John McCain
    • Barack Obama
    • Ron Paul
    • Mitt Romney
    • Bill Richardson
    • Fred Thompson

ill agree that mccain is one of the more progressive GOP (more so in 2000, with "the straight talk express" then now in 2008)... and ill admit im more liberal then conservative (but dont call me a dem)...

however, the 3rd term bush is an obvious attack, as most dems hate bush with a passion and will rally against anyone who supports him... and, IMO... mccain moved more with bush during bush's 2nd term then during his 1st...

so the "3rd term" is an attack with some solid points... but not as solid as the dems would like to think it is

I think it's of Repub third term than bush third term. Yeah i said it has points, but some of those points are the reason they will vote for McCain. I rather have Bush 3rd term than obama 1st, but i do relize that the anti bush crowd will make it hard for anybody to work with the man, still a bush third term is out of the question, but a repub third term is valid and i will say its a split on if it will help or not McCain.

Really, is the thrid bush term more valid than Obama and his america hating freinds. no, they are both scare tatics.(everthing is a scare tatic) In the end, i think if McCain wins, it will be becasue of bush and not dispite him. Remeber the only one to make obama look stupid was the quote in my sig. Bush been on a roll for the last two months, of course the election took over the media attention, but last time bush was proactive in his stance was in 2004.

so the "3rd term" is an attack with some solid points... but not as solid as the dems would like to think it is

* Exactly what issues does McCain differ substantially from Bush on, zosodude?

* What issues does McCain differ from GW Bush enough on that any democrat, independent,

disaffected moderate republican, or person who generally wants a change from GW Bush's

numerous failed policies would vote for John McCain rather than voting for Barack Obama?

* In what ways will a McCain presidency chart a course different than GW Bush's?

:whistling:

[your list, if you can come up with one, will no doubt very short. :lol: ]

:beer:

Your inability to properly process and comprehend basic information is mind-boggling, Pipeboy. slapface.gif

I never said, nor even inferred, that "everybody in America wants these things"; I said those issues would be enough to solidly unite the democratic party (including angry Hillary supporters) against McSame. And I suggested that Obama's position on many of those issues will likely appeal to a good number of independents and disaffected moderate republicans as well.

Is that spelled out clearly enough for you? :rolleyes:

Make no mistake about it, Pb, I fully realize that Bush-supporting republicans (like you), democrat-hating republicans (like you), African American-fearing republicans (like you), war mongering republicans (like you), civil liberties-sacrificing republicans (like you), and republicans who wish Bush could stay in office for a 3rd term (like you) will never vote for Obama no matter what. That's perfectly ok with me, bud; you go right ahead and vote for McSame. More power to ya, muh-man. But democrats and a good number of independents (and disaffected moderate republicans) are going to vote for Obama in overwhelming numbers and he will be the next POTUS. :thumbsup:

Get it? B)

Obama '08!!

:hippy:

Okay, belive in that if you want. that indi and discourge repubs are going to out wiegh the dems who just think obama is just to far left for their safety. But as i said, if obama goal was to win the the nom. i thnk he has a hell of a shot, but even if obama grabbed every single true dem vote, i doubt he'll win against every Repub and indi vote in the gen election. but that won;t happen that way, but can he win with 24% of the hillary supporters, not voting for obama?

* Exactly what issues does McCain differ substantially from Bush on, zosodude?

* What issues does McCain differ from GW Bush enough on that any democrat, independent,

disaffected moderate republican, or person who generally wants a change from GW Bush's

numerous failed policies would vote for John McCain rather than voting for Barack Obama?

* In what ways will a McCain presidency chart a course different than GW Bush's?

[your list, if you can come up with one, will no doubt very short. :lol: ]

I cant say what he will offer... but look at his record during the beginning of his 3rd term as Senator:

John McCain: The "Maverick"

this also backs what i said earlier... about McCain growing closer to Pres. Bush during GWB's 2nd term... and being a "thorn in the side" of the GOP and GWB from 2000-2004

my point was how looking at McCain right after Bush was elected would give anyone the impression he was against him... but recent history has changed that, and thus, the "3rd term arguement"

I've said it before, John McCain was my favorite of the GOP running and might have been my guy had it not been for Barack Obama

if your worried that im changing sides...

its not gonna happen.

Obama '08

There's alot of wind blowing around but in the end a light breeze will bring McCain into the office of the President.

The majority of America is NOT ready for Obama.

No explanations needed.

Wrong. I'd love to hear the explanation.

Okay, belive in that if you want. that indi and discourge repubs are going to out wiegh the dems who just think obama is just to far left for their safety. But as i said, if obama goal was to win the the nom. i thnk he has a hell of a shot, but even if obama grabbed every single true dem vote, i doubt he'll win against every Repub and indi vote in the gen election. but that won;t happen that way, but can he win with 24% of the hillary supporters, not voting for obama?

:lol:

Who are these mythical dems you speak of who you seem

to think feel that "obama is just too far left for their safety"?

You're merely expressing your own republican 'fear of the black candidate', bud. :rolleyes:

Here's a clue for ya: Democrats don't fear Obama. Dems don't see him as a threat. B)

Tell me something PB,..

Do you think most republicans are genuinely excited about

John "amnesty for illegal aliens" McCain being their candidate?

Are they feeling like they just can't wait to get to

the polling booth in November to vote for him?

Are they feeling good about their party and the about the state

of the country after of 8 years of a republican administration?

Unless your answer is a resounding an unequivocal "YES they are!" to all of the above questions, McCain will have no chance of winning the election. Why? Because democrats ARE excited and they ARE highly motivated (even moreso than in 2004) to vote a democrat into the WH. The democratic party is inspired and energized by Barack Obama. Hillary supporters are going to board the O-Train and dems are going to turn out to vote in numbers like you've never seen before!

Bank on it. :beer:

You're probably personally going to be so frightened at seeing so many democrats voting in November that you'll soil your pants. It's finally going to sink in for you that America is a country re-embracing its progressive roots. You're gonna be faceed with the stark reality that the republican party is a party of dinosaurs. John McCain is the face of your soon-to-be-fossilized republican party, whereas Barack Obama is the face of a re-emerging democratic party and come January 20th 2009 he will officially be the face of America! :thumbsup:

060922_BarackObama_Xtrawide.jpg

[catch ya later, bud. I'm gonna have dinner and then

I'm off to see *Return To Forever* in concert tonight! :banana: ]

lennywhite.jpg

Al DiMeola -Lenny White -Stanley Clarke -Chick Corea

Edited by Hermit_

is it just me, or is that breeze that will bring in McCain came from overthehillsandfaraway?

I don't think so, too subtle.

Well this is one registered Dem. that will cancel out someones obama vote :whistling:

and I know of at least 12 more cancellations :cheer::hippy::thumbsup::beer:

and incase anyone was wondering, no i didn't want Billary either :rolleyes:

Who are these mythical dems you speak of who you seem

to think feel that "obama is just too far left for their safety"?

These people

http://www.gallup.com/poll/105691/McCain-v...ers-McCain.aspx

You're merely expressing your own republican 'fear of the black candidate', bud. :rolleyes:

Here's a clue for ya: Democrats don't fear Obama. Dem's don't see him as a threat. B)

Well the fuck is the difference of you expressing your fear for McCain. repubs don't fear the Bush 3rd term

Tell me something PB,..

Do you think most republicans are genuinely excited about

John "amnesty for illegal aliens" McCain being their candidate?

No, the same way they hate him for no voting for drilling in ANWAR. but i don't see many jumping ship to the party of illegals and the fact that they think the Spanish vote will go for McCain. Remember, he still want to kick the bad ones out, but making the illegals, legal mean they have to start paying taxes. It sounds to me like McCain is reaching across party lines.

Are they feeling like they just can't wait to get to

the polling booth in November to vote for him?

NO, but they can't wait to vote against obama. A failed thought that killed Kerry in 04, but Obama is farther away from the center than Kerry was and since McCain is almost a Democrat. It might have chance.

Are they feeling good about their party and the about the state

of the country after of 8 years of a republican administration?

They feel good what the party stands for, but not the actions it took that led to the ass beating of 2006 and how they failed Pres. Bush. Most repubs still think this war is worth winning and should win.

Unless your answer is a resounding an unequivocal "YES they are!" to all of the above questions, McCain will have no chance of winning the election. Why? Because democrats ARE excited and they ARE highly motivated (even more so than in 2004) to vote a democrat into the WH. The democratic party is inspired and energized by Barrack Obama. Hillary supporters are going to board the O-Train and dems are going to turn out to vote in numbers like you've never seen before!

Yeah, We heard this silly thought before. Gore in 00 and Kerry in 04. Yes more young voters voted in 2000 and 2004, but the percentage remained the same.

You're probably personally going to be so frightened at seeing so many democrats voting in November that you'll soil your pants. It's finally going to sink in for you that America is a country re-embracing its progressive roots. You're gonna be faced with the stark reality that the republican party is a party of dinosaurs. John McCain is the face of your soon-to-be-fossilized republican party, whereas Barrack Obama is the face of a re-emerging democratic party and come January 20th 2009 he will officially be the face of America! :thumbs up:

I live in Chicago, Ive seen a old lady give me a dirty look when i asked for the Republican ballot in 00'. I was late to school that day because the bus that carried in all the democrats from the nursing homes, blocked my car in. Anyways, where i live, Hillary won by 20% in my township, which is basically the entire southwest suburbs of Chicago, I'm not sure ill see too many excited dems.

The day i vote for a black man, is the day that same black man shares my values. The day i vote for the Democrat, is the day the Democrat proved he is more valuable to me than the Repub. But that day already arrived when i voted for a Black Democrat back in 2002 for my township seat. I have a feeling it won't happen in 2008.

Read it and weep, 'Pubs. :P

The latest General Election poll data:

GEpoll6_8.jpg

*source*

..and as the campaign progresses its only going to better

and better for Obama.. and worse and worse for McSame.

:thumbsup:

Read it and weep, 'Pubs. :P

The latest General Election poll data:

GEpoll6_8.jpg

*source*

..and as the campaign progresses its only going to better

and better for Obama.. and worse and worse for McSame.

:thumbsup:

November is still a long way from now and a lot is going to happen. Obama is riding on a small high after Hillary just dropped out.. you know how these poll trends go Hermit. No reason to put the cart before the mule.

Besides, as soon as the dirt starts coming out in full force about Obama's associations with criminals and of course some stuff about his angry wife.... Obama won't even have the luxury of a swift boat ride to pollucaville.

November is still a long way from now and a lot is going to happen. Obama is riding on a small high after Hillary just dropped out.. you know how these poll trends go Hermit. No reason to put the cart before the mule.

Obama has been riding on a high all year. And he's going to start riding higher and higher. I realize you're not quite ready to face that reality yet, but soon enough you're gonna get tired of cringing every time Old Man McSame opens his mouth and says something stupid again, and at some point you're gonna have to admit (to yourself, secretly, of course) that even though you wont vote for him, you sure wish Obama was your candidate rather than McSame. ;)

Besides, as soon as the dirt starts coming out in full force about Obama's associations with criminals and of course some stuff about his angry wife.... Obama won't even have the luxury of a swift boat ride to pollucaville.

I realize that all you have to rely on in this election is smear, Del. Smear is your only chance of staying competitive in this race. Based on the issues, intelligence, and charisma.. McSame loses and Obama wins. ..and you know it. When they start debating, Obama is going to expose McSame for the lobbyist-backed, flip-flopping, old school, bumbling buffoon that he is. ..and you know it.

Your only hope is 527s and smear, smear, smear. That's not a position I'd like to be in with my candidate going into a general election. I realize you republicans thrive on the politics of smear, but the American people are tired of it. A smear-based campaign will blowup in McSame's face.

I prefer the position the dems are in with Obama: we've got a candidate who's on the side of the issues that most Americans (almost all dems plus just-enough independents and disaffected moderate republicans) are on, plus he's smart, thoughtful, principled, courageous, handsome, charismatic, and.. incredibly inspiring. And he's raising a boatload of money!

Yeah,.. I like Obama's chances real well, thank you. B)

Edited by Hermit_

just out of curiosity, how did the black Dem you voted for in 2002 work out for ya?

He lost.

Del,

I'm not sure if McCain will win. Obama has a commanding 3.1% lead.

I know Dukakis was up with 17% and lost. and lost big.

but when supposedly the president is the worst president ever and they say McCain would be his third term, and Obama is the second coming of Kennedy, you would of thought he be well ahead. I'm thinking he will get a light bump in the middle of the week, since I'm not sure i the exiting of hilrod has took effect. But still what are we talking about 6-7% with 4 months to go.

This answers one thing, there will be no town hall debates.

Maybe someday the real Republican Party will resurface and kick these slack-mouth jackels out for good.

Doubtful. I think that ship has saled and any chance of real republicanism has left with it.

As for Obama and McCain, neither have yet given their speech among speeches that will sell their real message to America. Obviously, the conventions are the time to do it and they are still two months away. However, Obama needs to deliver the best speech of his life if he wants to win over those "swing" voters ie people who aren't on board already. McCain also must deliver on the speech, and he has to sell why Iraq and possibly Iran are worth fighting for when our economy can no longer take a military campaign. The American dollar has been severely beaten because of Iraq. A war with Iran would destroy it. And a war with Iran is quite foolish anyway. Their society doesn't want war, its a select handful of people at the top who want the bomb. To take out Iran's "nuke crew," you go after its people and get them on your side. You don't invade...not without a draft. And do we really want one of those? McCain is a very smart politician and I do find positives in his stature, but enough is enough. And that's not saying Obama will "change" much, if anything. We're going to be in Iraq for years no matter who is President. You don't immediately drop everything you're doing and walk away like Obama and Clinton have repeatedly said. That's why that "get out in first 6 months of office" bit was one of the biggest loads of bullshit and people bought it because they know nothing about politics, like quite of few on this board.

Oh, and for all of you Muslim-haters. Article in Newsweek this week about Pakistan and Saudi Arabia's population continually growing less and less supportive of jihad. Might wanna check it out, considering you believe they're all evil.

As for Obama and McCain, neither have yet given their speech among speeches that will sell their real message to America. Obviously, the conventions are the time to do it and they are still two months away. However, Obama needs to deliver the best speech of his life if he wants to win over those "swing" voters ie people who aren't on board already. McCain also must deliver on the speech, and he has to sell why Iraq and possibly Iran are worth fighting for when our economy can no longer take a military campaign.

[my post is not directed at you, bigstick; you've simply provided the launching point]

A few thoughts about "swing voters" and their place in contemporary American politics.

"Swing voters" (ie, those voters who have not yet made up their feeble little minds about who they're going to vote for) are the most pathetically uniformed demographic of the entire American electorate. It's simply not possible that someone who is informed on the issues at stake in this election would not, at this stage of the campaign season, already know who they're voting for. Aferall, this election is not between (metaphorically speaking) two slightly different kinds of apples; it's an election between apples and oranges; that's how vastly different the political positions of Barack Obama and John McCain are. It is, pardon the metaphor (no racial implication intended), a starkly black-and-white choice. What is there to be "weighing" at this point?

And it's not like this election has unexpectedly sprung up from nowhere. We have presidential elections once every four years. Its quite predictable; and there's plenty of time to get informed about the issues. Anyone who doesn't know where they stand on these issues by now has been living in a cave somewhere, has been in a coma for 8 years, or is simply completely oblivious to what's going on this country and around the world. Someone so completely clueless.. erm,.. so 'woefully uninformed'.. at this stage of the campaign, clearly doesn't give a shit about American civic issues and probably shouldn't be allowed to vote. But alas, this a democracy and every citizen does get to vote.. no matter how ignorant they may be of the issues they're voting on. So, they are gonna get to vote but can we please at least stop referring to them as "swing voters" and start referring them, more accurately, as "pathetically uninformed voters"? Or how about "pathologically indecisive voters"?

Universal Healthcare:

Obama: supports

McCain: opposes

Ending the war in Iraq:

Start a war with Iran:

Obama: opposes

McCain: supports

Make Permanent Bush's tax

cuts for the wealthy:

Roe v Wade:

Waterboarding/torture:

Domestic Spying:

Suspension of Habeus Corpus:

Lobbyists setting public policy:

Initial invasion of Iraq:

Obama: opposed

McCain: supported

Federal funding of public education:

Jim Webb's GI Bill:

International diplomacy/

Talking to our enemies:

Regulated capitalism:

Mccain: opposes

Fedrally funded social service programs:

Telecom immunity:

Alberto Gonzales:

Obama: criticized

McCain: praised

Katrina Commission:

Obama: supported

McCain: opposed

9/11 Commission:

Obama: supported

McCain: opposed

NAFTA:

Obama: renegotiate

McCain: keep as is

Bush policies:

Obama: Change!

McCain: Bush 3rd term

As indicated by that sampling of issues and the two candidates'

positions on those issues, it's a pretty clear cut difference, right?

So how can anyone possibly be "undecided" at this stage of the election? slapface.gif

It's a really sad commentary on American politics that the outcomes of presidential elections can be determined by the way the most uninformed Americans decide to vote. These voters are so intellectually vapid that they're entirely susceptible to smear campaign tactics,.. the likes of which the republican party has come to rely on so heavily for winning elections. These pathetically uniformed (and/or pathologically indecisive) voters are the nitwits who will believe such absolutely stupid internet rumors as "Obama is a Muslim". Good grief! To those people I say "Smarten up, and try a new activity for yourselves.. a little thing the rest of us call 'thinking',.. you dolts!" :rolleyes:

Anyway..

Thats my .02 on "pathetically uninformed" (so-called "swing") voters. B)

[/rant]

sj4-facilities.jpg

Oh, Good Lord! Will someone please go tell those

"swing voters" that those are not voting booths! slapface.gif

:P

These are the things both Obama and McCain agree with in principal

Death Penalty

Stem cell’

No drilling in Anwar

Patriot act

Background checks for guns

Torture

Gitmo

Border fence

Path to become citizens

Iran sanctions

Same sex marriage

Constitutional ban on same sex marriages

Civil unions

Just in case people are wondering why there are swing voters.

These are the things both Obama and McCain agree with in principal

Death Penalty

Stem cell’

No drilling in Anwar

Patriot act

Background checks for guns

Torture

Gitmo

Border fence

Path to become citizens

Iran sanctions

Same sex marriage

Constitutional ban on same sex marriages

Civil unions

Seems that you, like John McCain, like to play fast and loose with the facts, eh Pipeboy? :rolleyes:

I guess I better set the facts straight.

Death Penalty -

Non-issue in this election.

Stem cell -

Wrong, Pb. McCain has old out. Oops. I meant, he's sold out. He's now pledged to be solidly "pro-life", which would put him in the "anti-stem cell research" camp which puts him squarely at odds with stem cell research policies advocated by Obama and other democrats.

No drilling in Anwar -

Make no mistake about it, McCain advocates an increase in domestic drilling. He'll cave

in on ANWR as he's caved on every other right wing issue. He's pro-Big Oil. 'Nuff said.

Patriot act -

Wrong again, muh-man. McCain wants to expand the Patriot Act to further infringe on the civil liberties of American citizens, whereas Obama wants to limit the Patriot Act to restore the civil liberties of American citizens.

Background checks for guns -

Dig just a little deeper, muh-boy, and you'll see that McCain opposes any/all bans on assault rifles whereas Obama supports banning assault rifles. [Hey, aren't you always always claiming that Obama opposes the 2nd amendment? Why the change in tune now, bud?]

Torture -

Wrong again, Pipeboy.

McCain condones waterboarding (torture); Obama opposes waterboarding/torture.

Gitmo -

Once again, Wrong. McCain wants to expand Gitmo. Obama says *Gitmo should be closed*.

Border fence/Path to citizenship -

Yes,.. McCain leans more to the democratic position on the immigration issue.

Iran sanctions -

No brainer. Every candidate supports Iran sanctions. Where they differ is that John "bomb, bomb, bomb" McCain wants to wage war with Iran, whereas Obama wants to pursue diplomacy.

Same sex marriage/Constitutional ban on same sex marriages/Civil unions -

Yes, McCain leans toward the democratic position on the issue of civil unions, but you are

flat out WRONG to suggest that Obama supports a Constitutional amendment banning gay marriage. He supports no such thing. McCain might though.

Just because you're providing information to the "pathetically uniformed" (so-called "swing") voters out there, what makes you think that gives you license to provide misleading information? Oh, I get it. You're just trying to prove my point that repubs are willing to be deceitful as a means of appealing to ignorant.. erm.. woefully uninformed.. voters, right? :rolleyes:

You had to be misleading to do it, but I gotta hand it you, muh-man, you did

a fairly impressive job of trying to make McCain seem more Obama-like. ;)

What's your next McCain campaign slogan gonna be?

"We know who John McCain is, just like Barack Obama!" :P

Get your facts straight, bub.

:watchingyou:

^_^

Edited by Hermit_

McCain.. the "Change" candidate? :whistling:

987-0608dunlap-shohl.slideshow_main.prod_affiliate.91.jpg

:rolleyes:

a sampling of issues on which McCain has changed

his position as he panders for republican votes:

torture

immigration

Bush tax cuts

estate tax

stem cell research

'merchants of intolerance'

campaign finance reform

roe v wade

ethanol

confederate flag

slapface.gif

but hey,.. there is one thing he hasn't changed..

mccain-lobbyist-ties-lk0520.jpg

..his ties to lobbyists. <_<

Obama '08!! :cheer:

Yep, I guess Obama is right, I am ashamed of america once i read this.

Group Plans to Send Letters to Troops in Iraq on How U.S. Government Planned 9/11

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

U.S. troops serving in Iraq may be getting more letters during mail call, but they won't be care packages — one group is sending them letters and DVDs claiming 9/11 was an “inside job” and that they should rethink why they’re fighting.

Mark Dice, founder of The Resistance, which he calls a media watchdog group, says that the U.S. government was responsible for the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks and that the armed forces should know it.

“People want the facts. The Marines are hungry for the truth — what got them there [in Iraq], why are they risking their lives — and we’re going to help them understand that,” he told FOX News.

Dice plans to send letters and declassified government documents that he says can prove the government’s responsibility for the terrorist attacks that killed nearly 3,000 people — and he’s urging others to do the same.

But not everyone is thrilled that troops on the front lines may be bombarded by mail from Dice, a conspiracy theorist who believes that Freemasons worship Satan and that “the United States military has built enormous underground cities for the political elite.”

“These letters will end up in the toilet or on the firing range,” said Capt. Pete Hegseth, executive director of Vets for Freedom and a veteran of the Iraq War. “They just laugh off this kind of stuff.”

Hegseth told FOX News that American troops don’t need help from Dice to figure out why they’re in Iraq.

“The fact of the matter is most soldiers and Marines understand why they’re fighting,” Hegseth said. “These are volunteers who believe in their service — they believe in the mission they’ve been sent to do.”

Dice told FOX News that he’s trying to help troops by giving a voice to people “afraid to speak up out of fear of punishment” from their superiors.

“We’re trying to create a climate that’s safe for these people to ask real questions . . . so we can get our boys back as soon as possible, safe and sound,” he said.

Dice says he is convinced that many servicemen share his views. “The Marines that I know say that 20-25 percent of the Marines believe that 9/11 was an inside job and they’re very angry,” he said.

Hegseth, however, wasn’t convinced. “We represent 24,000 veterans at Vets for Freedom,” he said. “We believe in finishing this mission, we believe in what we’re doing and that’s how most veterans and troops on the ground feel.”

Hegseth wasn’t worried that the troops would be deterred by the mailings. “I don’t think they’re going to want to take the time to open the mail from some fringe political sect,” he said. “They’re too busy winning the war in Iraq.”

Seems that you, like John McCain, like to play fast and loose with the facts, eh Pipeboy? :rolleyes:

I guess I better set the facts straight.

Death Penalty -

Non-issue in this election.

Yeah I'm sure of it like how you think Rev. Wright in a non-issue. Maybe it's an non-issue since they both agree to it.

Stem cell -

Wrong, Pb. McCain has old out. Oops. I meant, he's sold out. He's now pledged to be solidly "pro-life", which would put him in the "anti-stem cell research" camp which puts him squarely at odds with stem cell research policies advocated by Obama and other democrats.

Are you assuming this or do you have a direct quote, stating that he is against stem cell,not abortion.

No drilling in Anwar -

Make no mistake about it, McCain advocates an increase in domestic drilling. He'll cave

in on ANWR as he's caved on every other right wing issue. He's pro-Big Oil. 'Nuff said.

Yeah, and the man just said he will not drill in Anwar. It was him that prevented this in 2001 under bush, which is leading to this gas mess. Drill for oil, build to refine it, and build Nukes to lessen or our need, at the same time, invest in alternative source, don't rely on them

Patriot act -

Wrong again, muh-man. McCain wants to expand the Patriot Act to further infringe on the civil liberties of American citizens, whereas Obama wants to limit the Patriot Act to restore the civil liberties of American citizens.

But do they support it.

Background checks for guns -

Dig just a little deeper, muh-boy, and you'll see that McCain opposes any/all bans on assault rifles whereas Obama supports banning assault rifles. [Hey, aren't you always always claiming that Obama opposes the 2nd amendment? Why the change in tune now, bud?]

But do they support Background checks

Torture -

Wrong again, Pipeboy.

McCain condones water boarding (torture); Obama opposes water boarding/torture.

McCain: I am astonished that Mitt would think such a torture would be inflicted on anyone who we held captive and anyone could believe that that's not torture. It's in violation of the Geneva Convention. It's in violation of existing law. If we're going to get the high ground in this world and we're going to be the America that we have cherished and loved for more than 200 years. We're not going to torture people. It's clear the definition of torture. [Water boarding] is in violation of laws we have passed.

Gitmo -

Once again, Wrong. McCain wants to expand Gitmo. Obama says *Gitmo should be closed*.

You have the source that says obama wants to close it, where is the source that McCain wants it open

Border fence/Path to citizenship -

Yes,.. McCain leans more to the democratic position on the immigration issue.

Okay, we are getting somewhere

Iran sanctions -

No brainier. Every candidate supports Iran sanctions. Where they differ is that John "bomb, bomb, bomb" McCain wants to wage war with Iran, whereas Obama wants to pursue diplomacy.

What is the first question Obama will ask the leader of Iran, who denies the Holocaust, about Israel. Tell me, how will leaving Iraq, will give us any leverage in the talks. Nuff said.

same sex marriage/Constitutional ban on same sex marriages/Civil unions -

Yes, McCain leans toward the democratic position on the issue of civil unions, but you are

flat out WRONG to suggest that Obama supports a Constitutional amendment banning gay marriage. He supports no such thing. McCain might though.

Are you assuming again Hermit.

You spin me right round baby right round

Like a record baby

Right round, round, round

You spin me right round baby right round

Like a record baby

Right round, round, round

Does that train runs on bullshit or what.

A question for all the gay marriages supporters.

If we will allow gay marriages, will you allow restrictions. Like

Anybody can refuse to marry any couple based on their moral beliefs of marriage of a man and a women and not be sued or fired?

Do you believe if we allow gay marriages, will it be a gateway to polygamy?

Will you allow that gay couples can not file joint tax returns for the first year of marriage for a limited time. or be denied for one year any insurance benefits for a limited time. Just so the insurance companies can get there act together before the wave of dependents. Not forever, but maybe the first five years, so gay marriages can be eased into public.