• John Edwards
    • Mike Huckabee
    • John McCain
    • Barack Obama
    • Ron Paul
    • Mitt Romney
    • Bill Richardson
    • Fred Thompson

i posted this with a pic of chong smoking a bong. the pic was removed. Why?

Maybe the link is broken?

404 error: File not found

The URL you requested was not found. Maybe you would like to look at:

The main page

The list of Wikimedia downloads

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A project of the Wikimedia foundation.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1...Up_in_Smoke.jpg

Huckleberry/Chuckabee/Hickabee... whatever you wanna call him, is just embarrassing. His speeches are embarrassing, the only thing he could win is an Oscar.

Ron pwns him. And the only reason he won the Iowa debates is because of the abusrd amount of Christians there.

Isn't it possible that Evangelical Christians turned out en masse to vote for Huckabee not

as a means of voting against a Mormon but rather because Huckabee's conservative Christian message actually resonated with them?

I think you are correct. Plus the fact that there really aren't any Repulican canidates who appeal to many people in the Red States. Thompson should have been the guy just based on his voting record and his beliefs. However, Thompson just comes off as sort of slow and dim witted in every debate (not that slow and dim witted hasn't worked in the past).

Coming from a conservative point of view, I thought that Duncan Hunter was just about the only guy out there with the right message on most points. He was by far more of a 'Reagan Republican' than any of them, but his campaingn just hasn't gone anywhere (even though he straw polled very well in states like Texas and Indiana). I wish Hunter would have gotten more attention. But at this point he isn't even getting much converage even on Fox News, so I guess he has about as much of a chance as Ron Paul at this point.

I believe that Huckabee strikes a chord with many voters in the same way that Obama does. These are two people who just seem to come off as being more down to earth and real than anyone else in their respective races. Who knows, the way things are going we might see a Huckabee vs. Obama general election?

But again, and speaking as a conservative Republican, I still have some problems with even Huckabee's voting recored. Especially on raising taxes. But that being said, I have BIG PROBLEMS with all of Gulliani, Romney and McCain's voting records. So much in fact that I WILL NEVER VOTE FOR ANY OF THEM NO MATTER WHAT. Not saying that I would vote for any of the Democrats who might get the nomination. But I would never vote for the three Republicans I mentioned either. I would probably just sit that one out or vote for a conservative third party person. Which if I'm right about the way many Repulican's feel this year, is a good explanation for why Huckabee just might show better than many people originally thought. At least I "CAN" vote for him. Which is probably the way many Red State folks are thinking right now. But there is still alot of time left in this election year, so we will just have to see what happens I guess.

Just my 85 cents.

^^ 'preciate the repub insights, Del. :beer:

[yeah, I know, 'repub' and 'insights' seems a bit

oxymoronic,.. but you know what I mean, right? ^_^ ]

My sense is that your pov is probably shared by many of your fellow 'publicons. More and more I'm getting the feeling that come November a lot of repubs are gonna just stay home and not bother voting.

The polls are closing in New Hampshire about now..

Dems..

Will Obama get another huge boost tonight?

Will Hillary take another hit?

Will Edwards hang strong?

Obama and Edwards finishing first and second

could signal the beginning of the end for Hillary.

:whistling:

Repubs..

Will Romney start his comeback?

Will McCain assert himself as a viable candidate?

Will Huckabee finish 3rd or 4th?..

Will Ron Paul flame out once and for all?

:whistling:

I think tonight will end with the Pubs still not having a clear front runner

and will see the Obama campaign go from tidal wave to full blown tsunami! B)

MSNBC.com.. 1 minute ago..

Resurgent McCain defeats Romney in N.H.

It's an Obama-Clinton struggle among Democrats

MANCHESTER, N.H. - Sen. John McCain won New Hampshire's Republican presidential primary Tuesday, decisively defeating former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney. On the Democrats' side, Sen. Barack Obama and Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton battled in a race that was too close to call.

---------

McCain comes roaring back.. with a vengeance! :huh:

John%20McCain.jpg

Mitt Romney.. strike 2, you're (as good as) out! :P

Mittpraying.jpg

Thank you hermit are you watching the news right now too?

Hermit I am on CNN you are on msnbc right?The situation room.

Hermit looks like it's going to be a tough race between Clinton,Edwards,and Obama!

I am not voting this year i wish i was.

Thank you hermit are you watching the news right now too?

You're welcome, Scarlett.

Am I watching the news on tv? No.

Am I monitoring the primary results? Yes. ;)

Who do you think is gonna win for the dems.. Clinton or Obama?

By night's end, I think its gonna be Obama.

You're welcome, Scarlett.

Am I watching the news on tv? No.

Am I monitoring the primary results? Yes. ;)

Who do you think is gonna win for the dems.. Clinton or Obama?

By night's end, I think its gonna be Obama.

Well I thought I post first I have been watching CNN all day!!

So I know pretty much what's going on.

I think it's going to be a tie between Clinton/Obama,hermit it's going to be close

But I will have to say Hillary will win.

If I was going to vote I would vote for Hillary why?I am a woman and I always vote for woman

my second choice is a tie between Obama and Edwards!!

It's not becuase I won't vote I can't I don't have a residence address this year.I will

try and vote next time.

I voted for arnold Schwartseneggar...I DID vote for Bush becuase I thought I have my reasons.I usually vote more for woman's rights.

But again, and speaking as a conservative Republican, I still have some problems with even Huckabee's voting recored. Especially on raising taxes. But that being said, I have BIG PROBLEMS with all of Gulliani, Romney and McCain's voting records. So much in fact that I WILL NEVER VOTE FOR ANY OF THEM NO MATTER WHAT. Not saying that I would vote for any of the Democrats who might get the nomination. But I would never vote for the three Republicans I mentioned either. I would probably just sit that one out or vote for a conservative third party person. Which if I'm right about the way many Repulican's feel this year, is a good explanation for why Huckabee just might show better than many people originally thought. At least I "CAN" vote for him. Which is probably the way many Red State folks are thinking right now. But there is still alot of time left in this election year, so we will just have to see what happens I guess.

Just my 85 cents.

I understand you not liking Rudy and Mitt, but why do you dislike McCain so much? Personally I hope he gets the candidacy. As much as I'd love to see a fellow bass player in the White House, I think Huckabee's economic ideals are a little too far to the left for me, well at least his voting record anyways

McCain on the other hand seems fine to me. He's been in the game a long time and obviously his ideas and whatnot are going to change as time goes, but I like where he stands right now.

I understand you not liking Rudy and Mitt, but why do you dislike McCain so much? Personally I hope he gets the candidacy. As much as I'd love to see a fellow bass player in the White House, I think Huckabee's economic ideals are a little too far to the left for me, well at least his voting record anyways

McCain on the other hand seems fine to me. He's been in the game a long time and obviously his ideas and whatnot are going to change as time goes, but I like where he stands right now.

I like john McCain if i was a republican i would vote for him but i was grown up a decomcrat.

Ichange to independent about 4 years ago though.

I know what you mean McCain worked hard to get to where he got to.

I come from Manchester N,H, I think McCain can handle iraq actually pretty well when he wins and takes over.

I just called my sister she lives in Manchester,N,H.she lives more south of Manchester and she said she voted for Obama.

the latest..

Dems (38% precincts reporting)

Clinton 39%

Obama 36%

Edwards 17%

[22 delegates at stake]

Pubs (37% precincts reporting)

McCain 37%

Romney 30%

Huckabee 12%

Paul ?

[24 delegates at stake]

Delegates won so far

(from Iowa; NH not included yet)

Obama 16

Clinton 15

Edwards 14

Huckabee 30

Romney 15

Thompson 3

the latest..

Dems (38% precincts reporting)

Clinton 39%

Obama 36%

Edwards 17%

[22 delegates at stake]

Pubs (37% precincts reporting)

McCain 37%

Romney 30%

Huckabee 12%

Paul ?

[24 delegates at stake]

Delegates won so far

Obama 16

Clinton 15

Edwards 14

Huckabee 30

Romney 15

Thompson 3

Thanks I like the way you put the republican and decomrats together like that.

Wow it is very tight.

I am going to keep watching becuase they are going to change and I will try and post them when they change I will do my best i am watching World News tonight on channel 7.

the latest..

with twice as many precincts having reported since my

last update, the results are mostly unchanged thus far..

Dems (63% precincts reporting)

Clinton 39%

Obama 36%

Edwards 17%

[22 delegates at stake]

Pubs (61% precincts reporting)

McCain 37%

Romney 31%

Huckabee 11%

Paul ?

[24 delegates at stake]

Delegates won so far

Obama 16

Clinton 15

Edwards 14

Huckabee 30

Romney 15

Thompson 3

Its looking like a big night for Hillary. ;)

[edited to add..]

MSNBC has just called it for Hillary.

Cheers to Hillary and the Clinton campaign. :beer:

Ok I don't fully understand the process and can't get the answers I'm looking for on the election coverage so could someone explain to me what happens to Obama if he doesn't win N.H.? Would it mean he can't continue running? :blush:

In the state primaries, the candidates are competing for delegates from their party in each state. After the primaries the candidates go into the national conventions for their respective parties and the delegates will determine the party candidate for the general election. Based on tonight's results, the candidates will divide up the delegates from New Hampshire, a certain number of delegates going to each of the top finishing candidates. They've already divvied up the delegates from Iowa (see previous post). As the primaries continue, the candidates will continue to collect delegates, each hoping to go to the national convention with the most delegates and thus win the party nomination.

fwiw.. by the time the national conventions roll around there's usually already a candidate in each party who's effectively wrapped up the party nomination by way of securing a majority of the delegates in their party.

So.. even though Obama didn't win tonight, he's still in the running. B)

The next big primary event is February 5th, when

several states have primaries on the same day.

Hope that helps a little.

:hippy:

Archived