• John Edwards
    • Mike Huckabee
    • John McCain
    • Barack Obama
    • Ron Paul
    • Mitt Romney
    • Bill Richardson
    • Fred Thompson

God I just wish We had more choices out of all the millons of people in the states You would think there would be better choices avilable for President of the United States.I have had better Class Presidents than this better scoutmasters.Had a few Military Commanders who were better we are all going to die screaming for our Mothers if these fools get elected.

God I just wish We had more choices out of all the millons of people in the states You would think there would be better choices avilable for President of the United States.I have had better Class Presidents than this better scoutmasters.Had a few Military Commanders who were better we are all going to die screaming for our Mothers if these fools get elected.

I basically agree. No idea what people on either side of the Republican/Democrat divide were thinking this time around (or the last two times, for that matter!). Meh.

Im making my prediction with 90 days left.

McCain 51%

Obama 46%

the other assholes on the ballot 5%

Now the question is, can McCain win the Electoral College.

Im not sure.

We may see 2000 again and i heard that Gore was just about the biggest lead you can get and still lose.

So does that make me think McCain will win.

No.

Some Obama states have gone to tossup, but not enough so far.

I hope somebody who gets over 50% of the vote would not have to take one for the good of a nation. But rules are rules.

Im making my prediction with 90 days left.

McCain 51%

Obama 46%

the other assholes on the ballot 5%

Now the question is, can McCain win the Electoral College.

Im not sure.

We may see 2000 again and i heard that Gore was just about the biggest lead you can get and still lose.

So does that make me think McCain will win.

No.

Some Obama states have gone to tossup, but not enough so far.

I hope somebody who gets over 50% of the vote would not have to take one for the good of a nation. But rules are rules.

^ I think the Obama camp is very good with electoral strategy. They know where they have to be to win. And they will. ;)

My prediction is Obama will win the popular vote(cause you know how popular he is... per McCain camp)

And he will will the electoral. :D

Bob Barrs an asshole now? He's actually a pretty intelligent guy...how do you figure he's an "asshole"?

I call everbody an asshole.

and Bob barr is one for trying to kill the McCain vote because he is pissed off the G.O.P. won't give him money to run and McCain won't give him a seat.

Yeah Obama was a intelligent guy until we found out who he is.

It's the same thing Hilrod is doing.

IF mcLame get the presidency, then it was 'fixed'..................it's all fixed anyway, all of congress is corrupt. time for a revolt and clean 'house' of all the scumbag sewer rats.

i'm canadian and i am appauled at what is happening south of me.

how can ONE man, or two or three or even 100 men can swindle your country into what it is now. take it back! there are 300 million of yous, and how many corrupt bastards are there? not as many as you. wake up and get a backbone. don't run and hide in the corner.

IF mcLame get the presidency, then it was 'fixed'..................it's all fixed anyway, all of congress is corrupt. time for a revolt and clean 'house' of all the scumbag sewer rats.

how can ONE man, or two or three or even 100 men can swindle your country into what it is now. take it back! there are 300 million of yous, and how many corrupt bastards are there? not as many as you. wake up and get a backbone. don't run and hide in the corner.

Where were you 4 years ago!!?? :D Come to think of it, 8 years ago.

Wake up and get a backbone. Don't run and hide in the corner...from England ;)

You Canadians are so cute sometimes

Hi hermit, I mean "Trouble free Transmission". Obama must really like McCains policies. Each and every day he keeps leaning more and more towards them. I sure am liking McCains chances now a whole lot more then before you left. People are figuring out more and more about Obama each day. The Super hero can only fly so far until his empty suit catches up with him.

I think McCain has a piont with his comparison of Obama with Paris Hilton.

Another thing that's interesting, is what Obama said about saving gas by putting air in your tires. Yes that does work, but I've yet to talk to an Obama supporter who agrees with it. The guy says something that's true and his fans can't dig it.

Of course if we inflate our tires and dill for oil, we'll save even more from having to get oil from over seas.

I think McCain has a piont with his comparison of Obama with Paris Hilton.

:rolleyes:

Yeah, Paris Hilton,.. an intellectually vapid self-centered celebrity who has inherited her wealth, being compared to Barack Obama,.. an intelligent, thoughtful, charismatic, self-made man, Harvard Law School magnum cum laude graduate, Harvard Law Review president, Illinois state senator, US senator, and US Presidential candidate.

How could anyone not get McCain's ever-so-poignant point,.. right?

:lol:

Another thing that's interesting, is what Obama said about saving gas by putting air in your tires. Yes that does work, but I've yet to talk to an Obama supporter who agrees with it. The guy says something that's true and his fans can't dig it. Of course if we inflate our tires and dill for oil, we'll save even more from having to get oil from over seas.

We all know that Obama never suggested that properly inflating tires was the entiretly of his energy plan; we all know that he has put forth a comprehensive energy proposal of which "properly inflating tires" is merely one very small aspect of the plan. And it just happens to be an aspect that is WIDELY acknowledged as being a legitimate, effective gas saving step.. a step that every American can implement on their own and realize immediate savings as a result. As Obama pointed out, the fact that John McCain mocks that simple step seems to suggest that John McCain.. and his supporters.. take pride in being ignorant.

Speaking of being ignorant.. anyone who says that they agree that properly inflating tires increases a car's gas mileage and thus saves gas and yet they "don't agree with it".. are fools. If it saves gas.. which it absolutely does.. why would anyone then "not agree with it"? :rolleyes:

carlos-mencia-1.jpg

"Dee Dee Deeee!"

:P

You want to see real tax and spend government? If Obama is elected we will have one party rule, as the Democratic Party will control the Executive and Legislative branches. And when Obama appoints his Supreme Court justices (2 or 3) and they breeze through the hearings, the Judicial branch as well. A vote for McCain, as distasteful as it may seem to some, is a vote for what the Founding Fathers intended, specifically, Checks and Balances.

Speaking of being ignorant.. anyone who says that they agree that properly inflating tires increases a car's gas mileage and thus saves gas and yet they "don't agree with it".. are fools. If it saves gas.. which it absolutely does.. why would anyone then "not agree with it"? :rolleyes:

seems to be pretty common amongst B.O. supporters.

Prolly stems from ignoring all the inconsistencies, distortions and outright bullshit in his policies and background.

But hey, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omHUsRTYFAU, he's the smoothest talking candidate we've ever seen.

A vote for McCain, as distasteful as it may seem to some, is a vote for what the Founding Fathers intended, specifically, Checks and Balances.

Umm... you mean like the last eight years of those good Republican/Bush checks and balances?

I don't like either candidate, I won't say choice because there is none.

Be that as it may let's look at the experience regaurdless of what we may like.

McCain: Congressional experience-27 years

McCain: Military experience-22 years

Obama: Congressional experience- 180 days

Obama: Military experience- 0 days

Figures may not be completely accurate but close enough.

This is going to be F'd up for America anyway you look at it :rolleyes:

McCain: Verging On Senility? ..or just Grumpy Old Man? :unsure:

* Hey you kids,.. get back to work, darnit!! *

McOld.jpg

:hysterical:

Seriously though..

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2008/08/the_r...ins_age_mi.html]14_mccain_lg.jpg

The Real Reason McCain’s Age Might Matter

8/15/08

"..when it comes to mental performance, McCain’s age carries risks. Twenty-two percent of Americans 71 and older are affected by mild cognitive impairment, a decline in brain function that causes memory loss and can lead to dementia. Further, 35 to 40 percent of older adults have neural deficits that lead to poor decision making.

Are McCain’s malaprops signs of something worrisome? After all, everybody commits gaffes. Barack Obama has said there are 57 states in the U.S., called Israel a great friend of Israel, and mixed up which concentration camp his great-uncle helped liberate. So it would be not only gratuitously cruel but dumb to blame McCain blunders like his call to “deliver bottled hot water to dehydrated babies” on his age. But many of McCain’s verbal mistakes over the past few months fall into a different category: Though unintentional, they are errors of political expedience.

In just the past six weeks, McCain has referred repeatedly to Czechoslovakia as though it still existed and to Vladimir Putin as though he were still president of Russia. More significantly, he has claimed that Iraq borders Pakistan, that the Anbar Awakening occurred after the surge, that the Iraq war was America’s first major armed conflict since 9/11, and that, unlike Obama, he would prefer to speak outside the country only after being elected president. 
In May, McCain incorrectly said the U.S. had drawn down its forces in Iraq to pre-surge levels. In March, he wrongly claimed that Iran was training Al Qaeda operatives. Last April, he mistakenly said General David Petraeus regularly drove around Baghdad in an unarmored Humvee. In each of these “McCain moments,” political life would have been easier for the candidate if his statements were true. But none were.

What might be happening in McCain’s head? Gerontologists and retirement planners have learned that aging brains compensate for cognitive decline by relying on templates of familiar knowledge more than problem solving. That’s usually a good thing, but neuroscientists have also found that memory loss can lead people to substitute incorrect information. This phenomenon, called confabulation, rather than being random, often takes the form of untrue “facts” that make them feel better — giving them what scientists have called “the pleasantness of false beliefs.” So are McCain’s stumbles simply misstatements, or evidence of a mind filling in blanks with wish fulfillment? Well, we really have no idea. But neither does McCain: His aides told reporters in May that he has had no mental evaluations in the past eight years.

Now, cataloguing gaffes doesn’t constitute a diagnosis — medically or politically. McCain has gambled that he can make his age a virtue by slamming Obama’s inexperience, and that it’s okay to come across as something of a cranky old guy as long as he keeps audiences laughing. And so far, this has worked fairly well. When a 7-year-old asked McCain about his age in New Hampshire last year, for example, it really was pretty funny when he replied, “Thanks for the question, you little jerk.” But now McCain faces a press corps that is noticeably cooling on him, and may be more willing to report slipups. And he will have three nationally televised debates to get through in the fall.

Sooner or later, as the campaign wears on, the issue of McCain’s age will start to show."

:whistling:

:rolleyes:

Yeah, Paris Hilton,.. an intellectually vapid self-centered celebrity who has inherited her wealth, being compared to Barack Obama,.. an intelligent, thoughtful, charismatic, self-made man, Harvard Law School magnum cum laude graduate, Harvard Law Review president, Illinois state senator, US senator, and US Presidential candidate.

How could anyone not get McCain's ever-so-poignant point,.. right?

:lol:

We all know that Obama never suggested that properly inflating tires was the entiretly of his energy plan; we all know that he has put forth a comprehensive energy proposal of which "properly inflating tires" is merely one very small aspect of the plan. And it just happens to be an aspect that is WIDELY acknowledged as being a legitimate, effective gas saving step.. a step that every American can implement on their own and realize immediate savings as a result. As Obama pointed out, the fact that John McCain mocks that simple step seems to suggest that John McCain.. and his supporters.. take pride in being ignorant.

carlos-mencia-1.jpg

"Dee Dee Deeee!"

:P

Where the Paris Hilton comparison makes sense, is that I truly beleive much of Obamas popularity is from media hype. I'd say he is a self centered celebrity who will say and do whatever it takes to get elected.

As far as Obama being charismatic, charisma carries no weight with me. I know many charismatic people who are very dishonest. It sort of proves McCains piont.

I agree that properly inflating tires saves gas. Yet I think it is ironic that when I talk to people about properly inflating tires, many of whom are Obama supporters, they are not even interested in the subject. (The conversation goes nowhere, fast.) It would be too much work for them to look after the air in their tires.

I look after my tires very carefully. On my car it says to use 32psi. My tires say 44psi max. So I put 42psi in the front tires and 40psi in the back tires. I get great milage from my tires by doing this also.

Obama says to inflate your tires and not drill for oil. I say do both.

By the way, ask some of Obamas supporters why they don't agree with inflating tires. My guess it would be too much work for them.

I look after my tires very carefully. On my car it says to use 32psi. My tires say 44psi max. So I put 42psi in the front tires and 40psi in the back tires. I get great milage from my tires by doing this also.

FWIW, you should go by the recommended PSI on the sticker inside the door, not necessarily the tire. The tire can fit many different models of car, so it's best to use the car recommendation.

FWIW, you should go by the recommended PSI on the sticker inside the door, not necessarily the tire. The tire can fit many different models of car, so it's best to use the car recommendation.

FWIW?

It's best to say what you mean instead of using pop codes.

As far as my tires are concerned, I know what I'm doing.

The sticker is used as starting piont to figure out what is appropriate for your situation. Since I am very carefull about checking my tires. (I check them when they are cold, before driving in the mourning. When the weather gets hot in the summer I let some air out accordingly, etc.)

This brings up another piont, if you go around with just what your sticker says or just what your mechanic put in your tires, or some other authority figure says, chances are your tires are under inflated, because there are many variables. Temperature changes, the mechanic lets out too much air, or in the winter it's warm inside where they are checking your tires and then you go outside where it's cold.

Talk to someone who really knows tires, not some guy who would like you to wear yours out so he can sell you some new ones.

This is another reason why Obamas inflate your tires advice will not work. The tire companys won't sell as many tires, because tires will last longer. So they (people in the tire business) will give you other advice.

For what it's worth, I just looked up FWIW.

Archived