• John Edwards
    • Mike Huckabee
    • John McCain
    • Barack Obama
    • Ron Paul
    • Mitt Romney
    • Bill Richardson
    • Fred Thompson

the perfect attack dog obama needs...the good cop-bad cop routine is a proven method!!!

Yes!! I think they will compliment each other nicely and give balance to the governement that we haven't seen in a while. The current administration is just a bunch of pack dogs...

This is wonderful! Obama has stated that his criteria for a VP is someone who is ABLE to be POTUS if needed AND he doen't want a puppet! He wants someone who will challenge his thinking! DUH! Nothing good ever gets done without fair representation of all sides of an issue. I'm sure Biden will fill that position perfectly.

EXACTLY!

Too bad they didn't pick biden for pres, he makes a lot more sense than nobama does.

Biden criticized Democratic rivals such as Sens. Hillary Rodham Clinton and Barack Obama who have voted against Iraq funding bills to try to pressure President Bush to end the war. “There’s no political point worth my son’s life,” Biden said, according to Radio Iowa. “There’s no political point worth anybody’s life out there. None.”

“Saddam must be dislodged from his weapons or dislodged from power.”

on Hussein’s WMDs: “Well, the point is, it turned out they didn’t, but everyone in the world thought he had them. The weapons inspectors said he had them. He catalogued — they catalogued them. This was not some, some Cheney, you know, pipe dream. This was, in fact, catalogued.”

Not as slim as the pickins' were on your side. The Biden blunder, er' I mean pick proves that. Biden sticks his foot in his mouth so often that even the liberal biased major media has a hard time helping him pull it back out. Old Biden, the "Little" bulldog.............his bark has always been so much bigger then his bite. The Obama camp is grasping for straws. :hysterical:

:beer: Here's to 'straws' in November

Who cares? The vice pres is a nonentity in most administrations anyhow.

Vice pres John Garner once described the office of the vice presidency as being "not worth a bucket of warm piss." that about sums it up.

In the 'old school' of though for sure, however, Obama is 'new school' which is why so many people are excited about him. He represents a new hopeful United States, he represents a change in our world perception and the role we play, he represents CHANGE! I am sure that his VP will be much more than the bucket of warm piss that McCains candidate will be....

I am really surprised this thread has survived for 190 pages without being deleted. I agree McCain needs to make a good choice. Not to sound morose, but I am sure some people will look at his VP candidate as the guy who will be President in the next 4 years considering the difficulty of the position combined with McCain's age.

Why would this thread have been deleted? It has been a great source of information and a fun forum for posting opinions and sharing thoughts! I'm quite proud that we've made it this many pages with a basic respect for each others opinions. It may have gotten heated but never nasty and that's pretty impressive considering it's politics. Same with the Ossetian board. Mind expanders - both threads....Christ, the 'Plant being Selfish' board gets nastier than either of these!

If you only surround yourself with people who think exactly as you do your mind is never challenged and goes stagnant...I need to keep mine as active as possible at this age :) and I'd like to take this opportunity to all who have posted here who have supported my thoughts and who have challenged my thoughts and made me laugh while doing so. We have a great bunch of posters on this thread!

Cheers Mates!!

Edited for clarity

In the 'old school' of though for sure, however, Obama is 'new school' which is why so many people are excited about him. He represents a new hopeful United States, he represents a change in our world perception and the role we play, he represents CHANGE! I am sure that his VP will be much more than the bucket of warm piss that McCains candidate will be....

If this was true, he wouldn't have picked someone as "old school" as biden. Explain how you come to your conclusion in light of the fact that biden has part of what nobama claims he wants to change for 35 years and almost never breaks with the established party line. In fact he votes with the established old schoolers 96.6% of the time. There are only 7 senators who are more party line voters than him. *source*How is this something new and different? Where's the "change"? It's business as usual as far as I can see.

If this was true, he wouldn't have picked someone as "old school" as biden. Explain how you come to your conclusion in light of the fact that biden has part of what nobama claims he wants to change for 35 years and almost never breaks with the established party line. In fact he votes with the established old schoolers 96.6% of the time. There are only 7 senators who are more party line voters than him. *source*How is this something new and different? Where's the "change"? It's business as usual as far as I can see.

Because two heads are better than one, especially when they aren't mirrors of each other....

hey, that's awesome suz...we have been supporting his campaign and we are not even minnesooootans...hope to be someday though, so just planning for the future!!!

GO AL!!! :cheer:

I love Al. He was very nice, and looks much better in person.

And as each and every day go by, more and more of those same people are getting unexcited about him. His Change talk is cheap, no action. And Biden :hysterical:, give me a break. You don't get any more old school straight down the party line then he.

Let's just see who's still laughing in November....one of us will be eating crow, I hope you like feathers :)

PB, you are the anti-american rally. ;) j/k

Thats just mean.

I do want to start I support the president, not the troops rally for shits and giggles. But everyone from Moveon.org and Hufpo will show up for not the troops part. They have dirty feet and they smell.

The CHANGE I'd like to see is these sonuvabitch's telling the truth for a change.

The following from Politifact:

Biden's statements by ruling

* True 4

* Mostly True 3

* Half True 2

* Barely True 3

* False 4

* Pants on Fire 2

McCain's statements by ruling

* True 22

* Mostly True 18

* Half True 17

* Barely True 18

* False 19

* Pants on Fire 4

Obama's statements by ruling

* True 37

* Mostly True 21

* Half True 19

* Barely True 11

* False 18

* Pants on Fire 0

They all make way more less than truthful statements than truthful ones. GRRR :angry:

On Corsi's book:

Errors abound in new Obama book

"SUMMARY: We catalog the errors and distortions in the book The Obama Nation and conclude it is an unreliable document for factual information about Barack Obama."

"Though Corsi's book retells some of the established facts about Obama's life and includes many footnotes, there is so much innuendo combined with factual errors that we found it on the whole to be a highly suspicious work. We're also bothered by the fact that it seems to draw heavily from themes we've debunked from anonymous chain e-mails on the Internet. A reader might think that because the book is printed by a mainstream publishing house it is well-researched and credibile. On the contrary — we find The Obama Nation to be an unreliable document for factual information about Barack Obama."

Well that didn't take long. Was he full of shit then or he is he full of shit now? Or is it just a blatant flip flop?

"Is he ready?" George Stephanopoulos asks Biden at an August 2007 debate. "You said, 'I think he can be ready but right now, I don't believe he is. The presidency is not something that lends itself to on-the-job training.'"

"I think that I stand by the statement," Biden says, seen standing directly next to Obama.

And of John McCain, Biden says: "I would be honored to run with or against John McCain, because I think the country would be better off."

edited to fix link

Well you should like that then, shouldn't you? Because Lord knows, aint no Republican ever gonna bring about change...

CHANGE is inevitable, nothing stays static, being for change is like being for gravity. It's a dumb and way overused campaign slogan. It doesn't really mean anything.

Albert Einstein said, "We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them" these guys all represent thate same kind of thinking. Nobama proved that with his conventional selection for veep.

I know why he choose that slogan, the mindless chants for change by the uniformed masses represent a goldmine of votes for any candidate who puts that message on his posters. If true change really were the goal of the electorate, then they should be looking at changing the status quo. Imo, the real answer is to break away from the established 2 party system somehow.

Catchy and funny high school political campaign slogan ideas

Planning to run for student government? Get great slogan ideas here.

These fun and catchy slogans will add spice to your campaign for student government. Try the ideas here or use them as a starting point and create your own variations.

Vote [Name] for Change.

Give this school a change.

Change your underwear, change your school.

Vote for a change.

Choose a leader for a change.

Choose [Name] for change.

source

This is quite telling of what's happening inside the Obama campaign:

Analysis: Biden pick shows lack of confidence

(excerpt)

A senior Obama adviser, speaking on condition of anonymity, said his boss has expressed impatience with what he calls a "reverence" inside his campaign for his message of change and new politics. In other words, Obama is willing — even eager — to risk what got him this far if it gets him to the White House.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jpNkxhH...JeWohgD92NT5P80

Comment: The complaints about Biden are just starting. Liberal BLOGS are wishy washy about Biden. This pick will not help Black Dude's chances at all.

Archived