• John Edwards
    • Mike Huckabee
    • John McCain
    • Barack Obama
    • Ron Paul
    • Mitt Romney
    • Bill Richardson
    • Fred Thompson

So now it's pretty certain that the Obama campaign is completly out of Obama's hands. Of course he had to pick a guy like Biden, especially since the Obama campaign is pretty much in the tank right now. But I don't see how Biden makes an empty suit like Obama any better.

Few articles I'm reading today, that mention Joe Biden's family tragedy of December 1972, when his wife and infant daughter were killed, and his two sons injured, while out shopping for a Christmas tree, clarify that:

1. It was Tractor-trailer and not a "car" that broadsided their family staionwagon.

2. The driver of the tractor-trailer had a reputation for "drinking" his lunch.

So, the tragedy was a little more than an "accident" -------- it was drunk-driving "man-slaughter".

But, what I want to find out, is what happend to the driver of the tractor-trailer....

What, if any charges were ever brought against him?

This information in not forthcoming as of yet....

This is quite telling of what's happening inside the Obama campaign:

Analysis: Biden pick shows lack of confidence

(excerpt)

A senior Obama adviser, speaking on condition of anonymity, said his boss has expressed impatience with what he calls a "reverence" inside his campaign for his message of change and new politics. In other words, Obama is willing — even eager — to risk what got him this far if it gets him to the White House.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jpNkxhH...JeWohgD92NT5P80

Comment: The complaints about Biden are just starting. Liberal BLOGS are wishy washy about Biden. This pick will not help Black Dude's chances at all.

Face it, in reality it matters naught what you think. You were never going to vote for him under any circumstances and the facts are that no matter WHO Obama picked the Replicans would be trashing the choice. No surprises here.... :rolleyes:

Few articles I'm reading today, that mention Joe Biden's family tragedy of December 1972, when his wife and infant daughter were killed, and his two sons injured, while out shopping for a Christmas tree, clarify that:

1. It was Tractor-trailer and not a "car" that broadsided their family staionwagon.

2. The driver of the tractor-trailer had a reputation for "drinking" his lunch.

So, the tragedy was a little more than an "accident" -------- it was drunk-driving "man-slaughter".

But, what I want to find out, is what happend to the driver of the tractor-trailer....

What, if any charges were ever brought against him?

This information in not forthcoming as of yet....

What's the relevance? :unsure:

CHANGE is inevitable, nothing stays static, being for change is like being for gravity. It's a dumb and way overused campaign slogan. It doesn't really mean anything.

Not necessarily, as a politician, you can either be an advocate for change, or you can dig your heels in and have change thrust you out of your chair, the difference being the state of society when that change occurs.

Think of it like the Titanic: a few minor changes of course earlier on in the cruise would've seen the ship arrive at its destination, instead of the massive change of course when it was far too late that sank the ship...

Do you want change to happen in America in the same way it has happened in other countries/empires that have resisted change?

Think of it like the Titanic: a few minor changes of course earlier on in the cruise would've seen the ship arrive at its destination, instead of the massive change of course when it was far too late that sank the ship...

Do you want change to happen in America in the same way it has happened in other countries/empires that have resisted change?

You missed the point. In your Titanic analogy, if the captain said "I want change" then went on the same course anyhow, where's the change? (picking biden)

Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated!

You missed the point.

No I didn't, you gave a generalised comment about change being a useless election slogan and I responded in kind :P

But if you're in 'opposition' (as we who have the Westminster system call it) what slogan can you use other than change?? Because that's the bloody thing you're campaigning for: change. A change from his government to yours.

It would be useless and pointless to be running for office, when you come from the 'not in government' party to have the election slogan "KEEP THINGS THE SAME! (except elect me to office instead of him...)"

No I didn't, you gave a generalised comment about change being a useless election slogan and I responded in kind :P

What I'm saying is a slogan that means something, like "a chicken in every pot" "or "tippiecanoe and tyler too" or "vote yourself a farm" is preferable to a meaningless one like "change you can believe in". What change? It doesn't say. Then he picks a same ol same ol running mate, where's the new thinking? Where's the change? :rolleyes:

I can't believe there are still people who think king Cheney and his boy sidekick actually support our troops.

How bout this? Next time a war is authorized, the administration's and congress' kids automatically go first? It's only right.

I can't believe there are still people who think king Cheney and his boy sidekick actually support our troops.

How bout this? Next time a war is authorized, the administration's and congress' kids automatically go first? It's only right.

I say, let the politicians fight it out among themselves.

Arnold Schwarzenegger '08 lol

OK, serious question:

How do you nobama supporters (and other left wingers) feel about Bidens pro Iraq war statements over the years? Many of the things he says are scoffed at by you guys when a right winger says them, right? Where's the CHANGE YOU CAN BELIEVE IN?

including, but not limited to (from that earlier link):

Biden on Meet the Press in 2002, discussing Saddam Hussein: “He’s a long term threat and a short term threat to our national security… “We have no choice but to eliminate the threat. This is a guy who is an extreme danger to the world.”

Biden on Meet the Press in 2002: “Saddam must be dislodged from his weapons or dislodged from power.”

Biden on Meet the Press in 2007, on Hussein’s WMDs: “Well, the point is, it turned out they didn’t, but everyone in the world thought he had them. The weapons inspectors said he had them. He catalogued — they catalogued them. This was not some, some Cheney, you know, pipe dream. This was, in fact, catalogued.”

Biden, on Obama’s Iraq plan in August 2007: “I don’t want [my son] going [to Iraq],” Delaware Sen. Joe Biden said from the campaign trail Wednesday, according to a report on Radio Iowa. “But I tell you what, I don’t want my grandson or my granddaughters going back in 15 years and so how we leave makes a big difference.” Biden criticized Democratic rivals such as Sens. Hillary Rodham Clinton and Barack Obama who have voted against Iraq funding bills to try to pressure President Bush to end the war. “There’s no political point worth my son’s life,” Biden said, according to Radio Iowa. “There’s no political point worth anybody’s life out there. None.”

Biden on Meet the Press, April 29, 2007: “The threat [saddam Hussein] presented was that, if Saddam was left unfettered, which I said during that period, for the next five years with sanctions lifted and billions of dollars into his coffers, then I believed he had the ability to acquire a tactical nuclear weapon — not by building it, by purchasing it. I also believed he was a threat in that he was — every single solitary U.N. resolution which he agreed to abide by, which was the equivalent of a peace agreement at the United Nations, after he got out of — after we kicked him out of Kuwait, he was violating. Now, the rules of the road either mean something or they don’t. The international community says “We’re going to enforce the sanctions we placed” or not. And what was the international community doing? The international community was weakening. They were pulling away.”

Biden to the Brookings Institution in 2005: “We can call it quits and withdraw from Iraq. I think that would be a gigantic mistake. Or we can set a deadline for pulling out, which I fear will only encourage our enemies to wait us out — equally a mistake.”

Biden in October of 2002: “We must be clear with the American people that we are committing to Iraq for the long haul; not just the day after, but the decade after.”

To be "fair" to you though, I'm not too surprised; I bet a lot of people don't know about Biden's family tragedy. Unlike McCain and his POW ordeal, Biden doesn't go around talking about his ordeal at every political opportunity.

#1 - what's the relevance?

Biden suffered a horrible tragedy 36 years ago.

OK.

McCain's horrible tragedy at least has relevance to the office he's running for.

It demonstrates his strength of character, loyalty, honor, and sense of duty to name just a few.

ALL of which are good to know about a potential POTUS.

A whole lot more than we can say we know about B.O., who is decidedly questionable on many of those same characteristics.

#2 - McCain DOESN'T "go around talking about his ordeal at every political opportunity."

His ordeal was widely known long before he ever ran for President the first time around.

It's been the most common identifying fact about him since he entered politics.

#3 - For someone who charges the other side with failing to stick to real issues, you sure stay hung up on non-issues:

"can't remember how many homes he has."

"he made another mistake when he was speaking."

"he's old"

"he makes inappropriate jokes."

"wah-fuggin-wah."

As far as the Biden pick, just shows B.O. felt he needed adult supervision to have any realistic chance of winning.

Too bad he chose someone with such an embarrassing dysfunction.

But it will be great to watch Team B.O. squirm as Biden's well-documented history of hoof-in-mouth disease kicks into gear for a whole new campaign to sink.

What I'm saying is a slogan that means something, like "a chicken in every pot" "or "tippiecanoe and tyler too" or "vote yourself a farm" is preferable to a meaningless one like "change you can believe in". What change? It doesn't say. Then he picks a same ol same ol running mate, where's the new thinking? Where's the change? :rolleyes:

The fact that he could be the USA's first African-American President, there's your change...

The fact that he could be the USA's first African-American President, there's your change...

that's it?

"change you can believe in" boiled down to simply "the first black president?"

wow.

strong "fuck any real issues, I vote based on race."

No surprises at all that rightie replicans are predictably trashing Biden

just as they'd be trashing whoever Obama's veep choice turned out to be.

<taking a page from our departed friend hermits play book>

I take this to mean, you will have nothing but good things to say about mccain's running mate no matter who he or she turns out to be. Check. hehe :whistling:

Yeah, you missed something. ..again. ..as usual. :P

To be "fair" to you though, I'm not too surprised; I bet a lot of people don't know about Biden's family tragedy. Unlike McCain and his POW ordeal, Biden doesn't go around talking about his ordeal at every political opportunity.

Yeah, Obama just goes around and remarks on how he is black, and muslim with a funny name.

You think Biden's cock is one of the biggest.. :blink:

I don't remeber getting booted for starting a pro-gay thread. I know who did.

#1 - what's the relevance?

Biden suffered a horrible tragedy 36 years ago.

OK.

McCain's horrible tragedy at least has relevance to the office he's running for.

It demonstrates his strength of character, loyalty, honor, and sense of duty to name just a few.

ALL of which are good to know about a potential POTUS.

A whole lot more than we can say we know about B.O., who is decidedly questionable on many of those same characteristics.

#2 - McCain DOESN'T "go around talking about his ordeal at every political opportunity."

His ordeal was widely known long before he ever ran for President the first time around.

It's been the most common identifying fact about him since he entered politics.

#3 - For someone who charges the other side with failing to stick to real issues, you sure stay hung up on non-issues:

"can't remember how many homes he has."

"he made another mistake when he was speaking."

"he's old"

"he makes inappropriate jokes."

"wah-fuggin-wah."

As far as the Biden pick, just shows B.O. felt he needed adult supervision to have any realistic chance of winning.

Too bad he chose someone with such an embarrassing dysfunction.

But it will be great to watch Team B.O. squirm as Biden's well-documented history of hoof-in-mouth disease kicks into gear for a whole new campaign to sink.

Yeah lets get back to real issues.

Obama wants third term abortions and no rights for any fetus that is born due to a botched abortion.

Obama was wrong about the surge.

Obama was wrong about Gerogia.

Obama hardest decsion was to be against the war as a state senator. It must be the hardest descion everbody made in the chicago city concuil when they voted against the war. Obama did not.

Obama is against funding for troop armour.

Obama wants to raise taxes when every economicist agree you don't do that in a slow econmony.

Obama likes high gas prices and does no want more drilling.

Yeah I like to debate real issues now.

Still, you have to give it to Obama, he has a "within the margin of error" lead right now when democrats have a 15% lead over republicains in a generic poll.

that's it?

"change you can believe in" boiled down to simply "the first black president?"

wow.

strong "fuck any real issues, I vote based on race."

Dude, I'm color blind on such issues, I'm surprised at your racism :P

Ah, is this the part where I have to dumb things down for the neanderthals? :P

How about, and this is just a mere suggestion, you look at the potential of Obama being President within the context of recent US history...for example within 50 years the USA has gone from some areas having racial segregation to an African-American being a Presidential candidate... that's one hell of a social change right there...

For the screaming Republicans on this website, just let me remind you that a) I'm not American b ) I do not prefer Republican or Democrat and c ) I've said it before and I'll say it again, as far as I'm concerned both McCain and Obama are fine candidates, and either one of them will be able to execute the job in a capable fashion.

I'm just providing an indepedent imput to the thread, to go alongside the tired, old party-line divisions we always see every single US election...

Ah, is this the part where I have to dumb things down for the neanderthals? :P

How about, and this is just a mere suggestion, you look at the potential of Obama being President within the context of recent US history...for example within 50 years the USA has gone from some areas having racial segregation to an African-American being a Presidential candidate... that's one hell of a social change right there...

For the screaming Republicans on this website, just let me remind you that a) I'm not American b ) I do not prefer Republican or Democrat and c ) I've said it before and I'll say it again, as far as I'm concerned both McCain and Obama are fine candidates, and either one of them will be able to execute the job in a capable fashion.

I'm just providing an indepedent imput to the thread, to go alongside the tired, old party-line divisions we always see every single US election...

WTF, a reasonable post that makes sense from you? Just when I was about :ignore: you too. :P

Yeah lets get back to real issues.

Obama wants third term abortions and no rights for any fetus that is born due to a botched abortion.

Obama was wrong about the surge.

Obama was wrong about Gerogia.

Obama hardest decsion was to be against the war as a state senator. It must be the hardest descion everbody made in the chicago city concuil when they voted against the war. Obama did not.

Obama is against funding for troop armour.

Obama wants to raise taxes when every economicist agree you don't do that in a slow econmony.

Obama likes high gas prices and does no want more drilling.

Yeah I like to debate real issues now.

Still, you have to give it to Obama, he has a "within the margin of error" lead right now when democrats have a 15% lead over republicains in a generic poll.

But when he is faced with committing to a real issue, even something he has demonstrated a specific position on previously, he weasels out with the "above my pay grade" response.

WTF???

How's THAT for change we can believe in?

Archived