• Mike Huckabee
    • John McCain
    • Barack Obama
    • Ron Paul
    • Mitt Romney
    • Bill Richardson
    • Fred Thompson

More from that NYTimes article:

"While there was no sign that her formal nomination this week was in jeopardy, the questions swirling around Ms. Palin on the first day of the Republican National Convention, already disrupted by Hurricane Gustav, brought anxiety to Republicans who worried that Democrats would use the selection of Ms. Palin to question Mr. McCain's judgment and his ability to make crucial decisions."

Gee, do you think?

You never know, she could be the female Dan Quayle...

I will be surprised if they use her much on the campaign trail, given that she's only had less than 19 months experience (other than small town politics) I think that'll be risky in the McCain camp

Oh my gosh, I really think the apparently unanswerable question---what could be worse than W?--has been answered: McCain/Palin. I'm actually really frightened!

from wikipedia on Palin and the issues:

Abortion - In 2002, while running for lieutenant governor, Palin called herself as "pro-life as any candidate can be."[39] She opposes abortion for rape and incest victims, :o can there seriously be people who think this way???!!!

ANWR drilling - Palin has strongly promoted oil and natural gas resource development in Alaska, including opening the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR) to drilling.[49] :rolleyes:

Capital Punishment - Palin favors capital punishment. She has stated that: "If the legislature passed a death penalty law, I would sign it. We have a right to know that someone who rapes and murders a child or kills an innocent person in a drive-by shooting will never be able to do that again."[105] *see abortion stance above* :rolleyes:

Creationism and Evolution - In a televised debate in 2006, Palin said she supported teaching both creationism and evolution in public schools. She clarified her position the next day, saying that if a debate of alternative views arose in class she would not prohibit its discussion. She added that she would not push the state Board of Education to add creation-based alternatives to the state's required curriculum.[106]

Global Warming - Palin does not believe that global warming is human-caused.[52]

Guns - Palin, a long-time member of the National Rifle Association, strongly supports its interpretation of the Second Amendment as protecting individual rights to bear arms, including handguns. She also supports gun safety education for youth.[107]

Marijuana - Palin opposes the legalization of marijuana in Alaska, stating concerns about the message re-legalization would send to her children. She has smoked marijuana in the past.[39]:lol:

Sex Education - Palin is a "firm supporter of abstinence-only education in schools" according to CNN in 2006.[109] When running for governor in 2006, Palin wrote, "Yes, the explicit sex-ed programs will not find my support," in response to a questionnaire by the Eagle Forum Alaska.[110][111] ehhhhhhhhh....

Wildlife conservation - Palin opposed federal listing of the polar bear as an endangered species on the grounds that the "population has dramatically increased over 30 years as a result of conservation,"[116] and supported a controversial predator-control program involving aerial hunting of wolves to increase moose populations for hunters.[117]

Just sinister.

ANWR drilling - Palin has strongly promoted oil and natural gas resource development in Alaska, including opening the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR) to drilling.[49] :rolleyes:

What always fascinates me about Republicans is that they are continually finding new excuses to drill for oil, and keeping our economies reliant on oil...

Wouldn't the penny drop that because oil is a limited resource and because our economies are so dependent on it, and so affected by market fluctuations, wouldn't you be doing everything in your political power to develop renewable energy sources?? I mean is it stupidity or greed or what?

Also nice to see that Palin is pro-life and pro-death penalty. Nice to see she has the old conservative contradiction going on there...

I mean she's so adamant about schools preaching abstinance to students... maybe she could've taken it a little further and preached it to her own daughter!! What went wrong there, Sarah?

So after her teenager daughter gets up the duff, Sarah likes to relax by drilling for oil and hunting animals for leisure, stuffing them and putting them in her office so she can sit on them. She also wants to fuck around with the food chain so her hunting buddies will have more moose to kill for pleasure...She doesn't want woman to be allowed to have abortions, she wants the children to grow up so she can flick the switch on the electric chair when they're found guilty... I think I'm seeing a pattern developing...

Yep, McCain has risen to the occasion and will clearly win this thing. Must be the hand of Karl Rove in there somewhere. Absolutley brilliant!

:D

Most likely Rove came up with the plot. That's no surprise.

Palin is a joke. I can understand if you think this is a good move on McCain's part to be "elected" but i don't believe this is the person you want to be your Commander in Chief if/when (inevitable) McCain is too ill to fulfill his responsibility to a country he claims to care about. Keep pretending "she's the one". You Repubs would never admit your disgust in this choice.

Oh my gosh, I really think the apparently unanswerable question---what could be worse than W?--has been answered: McCain/Palin. I'm actually really frightened!

from wikipedia on Palin and the issues:

Abortion - In 2002, while running for lieutenant governor, Palin called herself as "pro-life as any candidate can be."[39] She opposes abortion for rape and incest victims, :o can there seriously be people who think this way???!!!

Capital Punishment - Palin favors capital punishment. She has stated that: "If the legislature passed a death penalty law, I would sign it. We have a right to know that someone who rapes and murders a child or kills an innocent person in a drive-by shooting will never be able to do that again."[105] *see abortion stance above* :rolleyes:

Creationism and Evolution - In a televised debate in 2006, Palin said she supported teaching both creationism and evolution in public schools. She clarified her position the next day, saying that if a debate of alternative views arose in class she would not prohibit its discussion. She added that she would not push the state Board of Education to add creation-based alternatives to the state's required curriculum.[106]

Global Warming - Palin does not believe that global warming is human-caused.[52]

Guns - Palin, a long-time member of the National Rifle Association, strongly supports its interpretation of the Second Amendment as protecting individual rights to bear arms, including handguns. She also supports gun safety education for youth.[107]

Marijuana - Palin opposes the legalization of marijuana in Alaska, stating concerns about the message re-legalization would send to her children. She has smoked marijuana in the past.[39]:lol:

Sex Education - Palin is a "firm supporter of abstinence-only education in schools" according to CNN in 2006.[109] When running for governor in 2006, Palin wrote, "Yes, the explicit sex-ed programs will not find my support," in response to a questionnaire by the Eagle Forum Alaska.[110][111] ehhhhhhhhh....

Wildlife conservation - Palin opposed federal listing of the polar bear as an endangered species on the grounds that the "population has dramatically increased over 30 years as a result of conservation,"[116] and supported a controversial predator-control program involving aerial hunting of wolves to increase moose populations for hunters.[117]

Just sinister.

This post deserves repeating. Excellent!

I want to give Obama credit for having a lot more class than many on the left.

Mr. Obama, in his first remarks on the matter, raised his voiced when asked whether his campaign or other Democratic operatives were working to advance rumors surrounding the Palin family.

“Our people were not involved in any way in this and they will not be,” Mr. Obama snapped. “And if I ever thought there was somebody in my campaign that was involved in something like that, they’d be fired, OK?”

Mr. Obama said the pregnancy “has no relevance to Governor Palin’s performance as a governor or her potential performance as a vice president.” He added that, “my mother had me when she was 18. How family deals with issues and teen-age children – that shouldn’t be the topic of our politics.”

“So,” he added, “I would strongly urge people to back off these kinds of stories.”

I actually think he means it and didn't just try to say the right thing.

Edited to add:

I think the poll results should be taken with an even bigger grain of salt than usual until after the rnc convention is over and thing are even again.

Isn't it great to see the lefties so upset with McCain's VP pick...

More experience in McCain's VP pick than the dims have in their presidential pick...

While the experienced VP will be a heartbeat away from the "button", the no experience empty suit and his flock would want you to believe their messiah can sit there on the 'button' at the start of his term.

And what does he give us to reassure us, a speech written by someone else with the content determined by a committee...

LMAO

In opening up a 6% lead (according to RCP),..

Obama-Biden have cracked the 50% barrier (Rassmussen) for the first time! :cheer:

RCP090208.jpg

Looks like Obama-Biden are gaining steam.. :thumbsup: ..and it looks like

people are seeing through McCain's Palin political gimmick.. and aren't liking it. :P

If he's forced to dump Palin.. his campaign will be done. His first decision as potential-POTUS

will have been a dismal failure.. a gross lack of judgment.. an embarrassment to his party.

Stay tuned.. :whistling:

Great news. However, this is even better:

Obama gains among former Clinton supporters

New projections out for FiveThirtyEight, taking into account the new polling results that have come out since the DNC and Palin annoucement.

Electoral Vote: Obama/Biden 304 - McCain/Palin 234

Gallup and Rasmussen also have Obama over the 50% mark in their polls. Go to RealClearPolitics to see a further breakdown of said results.

Isn't it great to see the lefties so upset with McCain's VP pick...

More experience in McCain's VP pick than the dims have in their presidential pick...

While the experienced VP will be a heartbeat away from the "button", the no experience empty suit and his flock would want you to believe their messiah can sit there on the 'button' at the start of his term.

Experience? What experience?

Small town mayor for 6 years (pop. 6,000)

Governor of Alaska (pop. 600,000) for 19 months...

yeah, man, heaps of experience...

She has the potential to be the biggest blunder of McCain's whole political career...

How's she going to explain her membership of the Alaskan pro-seperatist party? That's a great one isn't it? She's such an excellent VP pick that 12 years ago she belonged to a political party that wants Alaska to leave the United States...

^ All I can say is, Godspeed Obama-Biden! McCain is bad enough, but I don't want that woman a heartbeat away from the presidency (and given how old McCain is, this is a real consideration) (holy crap!).

Amen :( Inexperience etc. aside, I don't see how she could take this on with a special needs child and a pregnant teenager at home. I don't have an issue at all with her daughter's pregnancy; and I am all for a woman being on the ticket and hopefully being President one day soon. I just don't see how she can do both at the same time, right now, when the needs from both sides (work and her young children) will be tremendous.

What always fascinates me about Republicans is that they are continually finding new excuses to drill for oil, and keeping our economies reliant on oil...

Wouldn't the penny drop that because oil is a limited resource and because our economies are so dependent on it, and so affected by market fluctuations, wouldn't you be doing everything in your political power to develop renewable energy sources?? I mean is it stupidity or greed or what?

It's not as nearly as simple as that. We can't just throw money to alternative energy and expect the problem to go away.

Secessionists? Gee,.. that sounds wee bit anti-America, don't it? :o

Palin wants (wanted?) Alaska to be a country unto itself? :unsure:

deering.gif

:whistling:

Gee, OneDrip, I thought questioning one's patriotism was weak play? :o:unsure:

I guess when yer starting to sink graspin' for a life preserver, you take what you can get. :whistling:

Even if it's dragging the 17 year-old child of a candidate into the mix.

Just doesn't seem to be a bottom to the Dem/Lib barrel.

No matter how far they go down, they manage to find new lows to sink to.

Maybe her 14 year old wrote notes in class.

Maybe her 7 year old got put in time-out.

What a lousy mother.

C'mon, Libs, I have faith y'all will lower the bar even farther yet.

But God forbid Conservatives/Republicans question associations B.O. himself has had.

The same way Libs claimed anyone who questions Bush is claimed to be unpatriotic, anyone who questions B.O. is claimed to be a racist.

The best part is how all the Liberal gals around here are so envious of Sarah. She is an accomplished well regarded conservative women. The way that the liberal gals around here are standing in line to trash her speaks volumes. Get it through your thick liberal skulls. Sarah was not picked for the liberal gals around here. She was picked to shore up the Republican party with a true conservative. Not to mention that she is far more qualified then Obama.

Liberal gals around here....................Sarah was not picked for you

Accept It

I should know better to open this thread when you are the last poster, DUH!

Jealous? :rolleyes: Me thinks not. What the hell would I be jealous of her about?

And if you really think she was picked for the Rupublican party and not to go after those agitated Hilary fans....I got a bridge in Manhattan I'll sell ya....cheap!

I should know better to open this thread when you are the last poster, DUH!

Jealous? :rolleyes: Me thinks not. What the hell would I be jealous of her about?

And if you really think she was picked for the Rupublican party and not to go after those agitated Hilary fans....I got a bridge in Manhattan I'll sell ya....cheap!

What I find most hilarious is this twatwaffle thinks I (and other women here who are Democrats) have a reason to be envious of her. I don't want to be her. She has absolutely nothing I want. N-O-T-H-I-N-G.

Just put it on ignore and let it talk to itself. That's what I did. I don't bother reading a single thing it says. So basically, they're talking to themselves and that's funny. Have a laugh at the troll's expense.

But you sure did................................ your too much :hysterical::wacko::hysterical:

I guess it's that same human response when you go by an accident and you don't want to look but you peek anyway B)

I'm too much!!!! Woohooo! I love when people say that about me! :D

Archived