• John Edwards
    • Mike Huckabee
    • John McCain
    • Barack Obama
    • Ron Paul
    • Mitt Romney
    • Bill Richardson
    • Fred Thompson

"As a Christian, conservative anti-abortionist who proved her support for the Iraq War by sending her son to fight in it"

Oh my lord - thank god this horror show is not my mother! I mean, either she hasn't got a maternal bone in her body, or she's as dumb as a box of hammers.

"My daughter - bare foot and preggers, where she belongs. My son, I'd have been proud to be the first on my block to have him come home in a box, so long as God insists Exxon keeps making billions and billions (that I can tap into)."

Yikes!

*yawn*

Yet another example that Sarah Palin's selection was nothing more than an election campaign trick.

Yeah.

I'm kind of relieved the wing nuts are falling all over themselves about this. It shows how out of touch they are. Can you imagine the gall it takes for the Republicans to think they can run a campaign that is literally more of the same old shit, while going on about being the party of change, meanwhile insisting to everyone that they have superior morals? Don't they get how insulting they are to most people in America?

November is going to be a very cold shower for them.

Wow, an article from Dublin, Ireland… :unsure::huh::o

Honestly this coming from overseas, ensures me that me, my wife and two college daughters are doing the right thing come November by voting McCain/Palin.

United States of America; Dublin, O-H-I-O!!!

Ireland is so well known for their progessive ideas about women's roles, after all.

:blink:

yeah, because we all know B.O. generally speaks totally unscripted.

Plus we know he writes all his own speeches.

Palin is the ONLY politician that has speeches written for her.

oh and do we need to remind people that Bush's speech writer was the one who wrote Palin's speech... let that be the first hint of which direction McCain/Palin would take this country. The only credit I can give her is that she actually can speak, unlike our current President.

I like the last post.

Because Obama is part black, which entitles him to claim all the bad things that where done to black as part of his history, should be president. Even though obama grew up more white then I did. IM not sure there is alot of black people born in Hawaii, who lived in southwest Asia, when to Harvard, achieved nothing and got voted into the U.S. senate.

But Sarah Palin, who achieved more than Obama while raising a family, is not entitled to the VP slot, even though women are still second class citizens in a good portion of countries, most of which are trying to kill us.

And John McCain, who has fought for this country, has served 5 1/2 years in a POW camp. spent almost his whole life in public service, is not entitled to the POTUS, but Obama is because he is black.

Jackie Robinson didn't get his number retired because he was the first black player, he got it retired because he was good, if he sucked, we would of never known his name. Name the second black player and the first Latino born player. Get the point. Obama has yet to prove he can lead more than 40 people in his campaign office, but Sarah has proven she can lead 25,000 people as employees of the state of Alaska.

Still, if you guys want to focus on Palin and Pres. Bush, that's fine, John McCain will just walk right on by to the white house.

Are you seriously arguing that being black has been a help to Obama? Yeah, sure, I'll believe that when you good old boys start talking about the African blood in your families, to make sure your sons and daughters are admitted to Harvard for no good reason, and handed Senate seats for the hell of it.

Obama won the nomination because millions of people voted for him. Or did you miss that part?

Also, pay attention now - everything women have done in the history of the world they've done while raising families. This does not make Sarah Palin special, you just think it does. If she was a black woman with five children working three jobs you'd be telling me what scum she is.

Oh, and Obama is raising a family too, or hadn't you noticed that, either?

All that Palin has done is get tapped on the shoulder as a token female in a world of men who would keep women down down down on their knees (now wouldn't you, Barracuda?). It's kind of like Jefferson Davis choosing Uncle Tom as a running mate.

It's not half as clever as you think it is.

yeah, because we all know B.O. generally speaks totally unscripted.

Plus we know he writes all his own speeches.

Palin is the ONLY politician that has speeches written for her.

and btw... I never said anything about Barack being unscripted, but just to inform you Barack wrote his acceptence speech. He may have had it looked over by his people and they most likely added to it. But he tends to have the key role in the writing. So maybe he doesn't write every word but he does write them. Sorry to inform you. But nice try.

Is that why the dems didn't metioned that they were in charge of congress for the past two years, in which gas went up 2 dollars and the economy went downhill. Im not sure.

Did Obama say that," we did nothing the last two years, just to prove a point that Pres. Bush can do nothing without us".

hmmm... 2 years or 8 years...... hmmmmm.... yeah sorry.

HAHAHA, there are people who actually think Barack Obama is a Muslim. Funny shit. Tell me, after you get done thinking Obama is a Muslim, are you going to put your tin foil hat on and wait for Elvis to send you meatloaf recipes from beyond the grave?

Anyone who takes a clip/soundbite completely out of context and manipulates it to their own ends isn't worth the energy it takes to refute them. End of story. Barack Obama is not a Muslim. He did not say he was a Muslim. If you took the time to watch the whole clip, you'd see that you are in fact, quite wrong. I believe the context of the comment was him discussing the rumors and smears FUX News shit all over the place early in the campaign. I'll edit this post with the link to the full clip as soon as I find it.

oh and do we need to remind people that Bush's speech writer was the one who wrote Palin's speech... let that be the first hint of which direction McCain/Palin would take this country. The only credit I can give her is that she actually can speak, unlike our current President.

Yeah, the guy who designed the Barrack set at Denver designed the Britney spears set.

Sarah Palin- was for the bridge to nowhere before she was against it. Now says she is against earmarks

Joe Biden- was for the Iraq war before he was against it. Now claims he is the best foreign policy advisor for Obama. Also voted against the surge, which even obama now claims worked. Obama took three days and three statements to get it right about Georgia.

Tell me, what do you think is the far worse goof.

He is the first person of African American descent to win the nomination to become President of the United States, after a long and difficult fight.

IOW, yes, he deserved it.

She is the first woman to be on the ticket

What's your point? Race means that much too you? Thats sickening

Meanwhile, Palin has done what exactly? Learned to put vaseline on her teeth?

I could say the same thing about Obama

Well, good on ya. Most of the rest of the country only first heard her name last week. That's because she has as much business being a 72 year old heartbeat away from the Presidency as any short-time governor of a state with slightly more people in it that Fresno, CA - that is, none at all.

And Obama was a state rep. Not even a senator

Anyway, all I need to know about her is she thinks a rapist lurking in the bushes has more right to decide the functioning of my body than I do.
I agree with you here

Aww, too bad - you just went into the brain dead LimBot pile.

:rolleyes: Good debating skills

Believe it or not, because a person is slightly to the left of Attila the Hun, that does NOT make them a communist. And the Red Scare ended in the freakin' 1950's, already.

So Lenin wasn't Communist? That's a joke. Mao was attempted Communist. He failed. All communist-style governments have failed, flat-out. The best example is 50 miles away: Fidel's Cuba

Try thinking for your self. It might hurt at first, but, in the end you'll be better off.
:rolleyes:

And now we start with the "You don't have my beliefs? Clearly you're BRAINWASHED!"

Grow up dear.

Yeah, the guy who designed the Barrack set at Denver designed the Britney spears set.

Sarah Palin- was for the bridge to nowhere before she was against it. Now says she is against earmarks

Joe Biden- was for the Iraq war before he was against it. Now claims he is the best foreign policy advisor for Obama. Also voted against the surge, which even obama now claims worked. Obama took three days and three statements to get it right about Georgia.

Tell me, what do you think is the far worse goof.

I am going to say Republicans like you who try to link Barack with Brittney Spears. And call him a Muslim to try to insult him...

Obama was elected to the Illinois Senate in 1996, succeeding State Senator Alice Palmer as Senator from the Illinois' 13th District, which then spanned Chicago South Side neighborhoods from Hyde Park-Kenwood south to South Shore and west to Chicago Lawn.

He was a State Senator, then a US Senator. I'm from Illinois, you know.

She is the first woman to be on the ticket

What's your point? Race means that much too you? Thats sickening

I could say the same thing about Obama

I agree with you here

:rolleyes: Good debating skills

So Lenin wasn't Communist? That's a joke. Mao was attempted Communist. He failed. All communist-style governments have failed, flat-out. The best example is 50 miles away: Fidel's Cuba

:rolleyes:

And now we start with the "You don't have my beliefs? Clearly you're BRAINWASHED!"

Grow up dear.

Fact Check:

Obama was a state senator of Illinois from 1997 - 2004 he then became a U.S. Senator of Illinois beginning in 2005.

adds: You beat me to it Electrophile. ;)

Fact Check:

Obama was a state senator of Illinois from 1997 - 2004 he then became a U.S. Senator of Illinois beginning in 2005.

adds: You beat me to it Electrophile. ;)

My sister got to meet Barack Obama when he was a state senator. Her class went on a field trip to Springfield and they went to the Capitol and got to meet the governor, some reps and some senators. I'm actually kinda jealous, I'd like to say I met the potential future President. Ah well, maybe some day.

Meanwhile, Palin has done what exactly? Learned to put vaseline on her teeth?

Obama was elected to the senate in '06, spent the last 18 months campaigning.

Before that he was a STATe senator.

Palin elected Governor in '06.

Before that she was a Mayor.

Overall, she compares with him favorably on experience even if she were the Presidential candidate instead of just the VP candidate.

In other words, the Republican ticket would be just as strong if the roles were reversed, and it was a Palin-McCain ticket.

Libs keep whining that Palin doesn't have the experience to be a heartbeat away from POTUS.

So what makes B.O. - with roughly the same amount of experience - a better choice, especially since he wouldn't be a heartbeat away, but the actual President?

Last point:

A Governor, regardless of the size of the state, has way more AUTHORITY and overall RESPONSIBILITY for making executive decisions than a Senator, who is mostly one of many votes on many issues.

Length of service being roughly equal (not even counting B.O.'s 18 month World Tour/absence from usual service) a Governor simply has more applicable EXECUTIVE experience than a Senator, and that directly translates to qualification for the office of POTUS.

Libs would be having convulsions if the Dem VP was a pretty woman and all the remarks were as blatantly sexist as yours (all she has experience in is putting vaseline on her teeth) and others.

But that's old news - libs are SO-O-O-OOO on-guard for any traces of racism against African-Americans, unless they are CONSERVATIVE African-Americans, such as Condoleezza Rice. Then ANY and EVERY racist remark can be uncorked, and there won't be a fuckin' PEEP from any of them, which makes libs as totally hypocritical as they accuse conservatives of being.

Gee, wheres OneDrip with his polls when you need him???

Oh well, Ill be more than happy to give him a hand...

From RealClearPolitics.com, since I hear thats more reliable (Electro)

• RCP Average 08/29 - 09/07 46.7% 45.5% McCain +1.2

• USA Today/Gallup 09/05 - 09/07 LV 54% 44% McCain +10
  • Rasmussen Tracking 09/05 - 09/07 3000 LV 48% 47% McCain +1
  • Gallup Tracking 09/04 - 09/06 2765 RV 48% 45% McCain +3
  • Hotline/FD 09/02 - 09/04 916 RV 40% 46% Obama +6
  • CBS News 09/01 - 09/03 734 RV 42% 42% Tie
  • CNN 08/29 - 08/31 927 RV 48% 49% Obama +1

Seems kinda late to call it a convention bounce, only the last 2 include convention dates.

Yeah,

Wheres the guy who overglorifies Obamas bump in the polls so often when now McCain has his 10 point bump? :huh:

Fair and balanced? OH wait, thats FOX news! :lol:

Same shit, different pile.

I have found the transcript of Obama making the "Muslim faith" comment:

BO:What I was suggesting -- you're absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith. And you're absolutely right that that has not come.

GS: Christian faith.

BO: My Christian faith. Well, what I'm saying is that he hasn't suggested that I'm a Muslim. And I think that his campaign's upper echelons have not, either.

HELLO. DUH. He is clearly not saying he is a Muslim or that he ever was one. He was addressing the rumors that were swirling around him, and saying that McCain and his campaign weren't responsible for them. Which is good to hear, because I'd like to think McCain would not do something like that.

Edit: And here's the video of the question/response

Archived