• John Edwards
    • Mike Huckabee
    • John McCain
    • Barack Obama
    • Ron Paul
    • Mitt Romney
    • Bill Richardson
    • Fred Thompson

Yeah, people repeat the same shit over and over again. So what? That doesn't justify continuously trying to bait people into childish bitchfests that serve no purpose. She ignored you, let it go.

LOL :rolleyes:

And yes, I'm aware of how ignore works, but I do not use it. Ever. Thus, you will not be placed on it.

Again, please stop trying to bait people. It's getting old.

PS You can go ahead and put ME on ignore if you wish. I couldn't care less.

So many care so much about all the furry little animals out there. So sad more do not care about the human babies too.

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=NzRhZ...2UxMjA5YjBkZTE=

Obama can't give his opinion when life starts. It's "Above his paygrade".

McBrilliant / Palin........08........Save the baby humans

I like his answer, anyone who claims to know at what point a soul enters the body is naive in my book. But I believe in Reincarnation, so you probably think I'm crazy. And I believe in Karma. What ever needs to be judged will be judged in the end.

And again, the babies, What about the 9 month old baby who is killed as a casualty of war by a US soldier? You don't feel the same innocence is being taken from that baby? Why isn't that important to you. Please defend you view point.

The more the Liberal gals and "other's" around here bad mouth Palin, the better the chances of the McBrilliant / Palin ticket winning.

Remember, Palin was not picked to please you Libs. She was picked because she is conservative and much more qualified to be President then Obama. And as far as Biden, has he asked anyone to stand from their wheel chair today? Biden, always has been and always will be a joke. Has Bidens son made any shady deals lately? Biden :hysterical: Biden :hysterical:

Palin is the joke, she was picked because Hillary was not! And after McCain met her what hmmmm.. ONE TIME!

For some reason you just have to trash the U.S., don't you.

It's not trashing, it's fact, it happens to any soldier. American or not. Iraqi soldiers are killing babies too, accident or no accident, war=killing innocent life. Why don't you speak out for those babies?

You can't answer the question can you.... Are you going to hide behind the Patriotic bashing technique? You know the "knee jerk" Conservative response to any who questions George Bush and his "strategery" to the war on terrorism.

So if you are interested in defended your point, do go on about how those babies don't count. Otherwise, go on with your usual question dodging posts.

Palin is the joke, she was picked because Hillary was not! And after McCain met her what hmmmm.. ONE TIME!

Yeah she is a bit of a joke, but what appeals to people is her gun-barrel replies of overly-simplistic answers to complicated questions.

It reminds me of when Bill O'Reilly asked David Letterman "Do you want American to win in Iraq?" and Dave hesitated, and Bill said "come on Dave, it's not a difficult question" and Dave replied "It's difficult for me because I'm thoughtful".

Sarah doesn't strike me as a particularly thoughtful person, relying more on pre-set automatic responses that she's grown up with.

And I don't really think America does 'thoughtful' anymore. Certainly not as far as the majority of Americans are concerned. I don't think there's been any need.

America is the 21st Century version of an Empire, and especially since the collapse of the USSR, Americans have felt on top of the heap, and that everything culturally and politically eminiates from within the USA. This, I believe, has led the majority of American people not to understand the nuances and intricate diplomacies of living with the rest of the world. There has been no reason for Americans to understand this, because America as a cultural entity has not needed to understand. The Government does, but the general populace doesn't.

So since 9/11, which the USA has not recovered from psychologically, the majority of Americans don't really understand what happened and can't fully fathom the tectonic plates of geo-politics in motion (although having said that, who really can??).

But in these uncertain times when the American Empire is being challenged from a force that isn't easily understood, right-wing conservative protectionism starts to develop, everything contracts into a form of national rigidity. I know I'm going to cop so much shit for saying this, but the majority of Americans lack the global political finesse to be able to appreciate a more liberal discursive politician, opting instead for the tough-talking fist-pounding conservative who gives simplistic answers in order to convey a sense of security.

It's only natural I guess. People want to feel safe, so they'll gravitate towards whoever talks the toughest.

Liberalism is out, for the time being, in America. It will come back one day, but the country will continue down the path of conservative protectionism for a few more years at least, untilt he USA feels safe again. So the Republicans will probably have fun in the sun for a while. But change will eventually come and then it will be the republicans turn to be out in the political wilderness.

And what a great pick she has been. The fact that all the :wacko: libs :wacko: around here hate her so much is proving it. One thing for sure, she was not picked for you :wacko: libs. :wacko: Who would have thought back when McCain was behind in the polls by double digits that his V.P. pick would totally re-energize the Republican party and get him back in the race like this? Yes John, you are McBrilliant.

And Sarah is a great person and more qualified then any of the dems. The army of dem. smear lawyers just cant seem to find a Ayres, Rezko or Wright in her past.

I sure wish that I could go wolf hunting with Sarah and her husband. I have always wanted to go on a hunting trip to Alaska. Ever since her pick as V.P. the :wacko: libs :wacko: around here have been sweating. Sure is fun to watch.

wanna be, I hope that I have not repeated myself to much. I know that you will call me out on it. LOL

McBrilliant / Palin.......08.......Watch the :wacko: LIBS :wacko: SWEAT

All you do is repeat because you are stupid, lol. btw...i highly doubt Palin and her hubby would want to wolf hunt with YOU. Get over your little boy crush :) it's embarassing.

~*Electrophile*~ no more has me on her ignore list then you do. Like you said, people say the same old stuff around here over and over again. You.............get over it.

Actually she does.

People say the same things over again but we are debating, that's how it works. Fighting like three year olds is stupid, which is what you are trying to do.

Again, get over it. Move on with your life.

I was just watching John McCain on The View, and it's unbelievable to me watching a Presidential candidate on national TV talking about all the times he prays to God, talking about how God has a plan for America and wearing his faith on his sleeve for all to see. I'm not criticizing him for doing it, it's just a cultural difference because here in Australia or Britain a candidate running for Prime Minister just would never talk about their faith the way John McCain is doing.

For some of you who live in America, why do you think your elections are so preoccupied with talk about religion and faith and moral issues such as roe vs wade and gay marriage? It's fascinating to me as topics such as these are rarely, if never, discussed during our elections.

Why does a Christian God scare you so much?? Maybe it is because our Goverment was founded on Christian beliefs.

Scare? no. Annoy? Yes.

"Founded" on Christian beliefs is one thing,being run as a Christian nation is another thing entirely.I thought that's what the FFs were doing their best to avoid.

"Freedom of religon",does anybody remember that? It looks good in theroy-or on paper-but the fact of the matter is,it's bull-shit.America is becoming a Christian nation by default.

It does say on our currency "In God we trust".

It shouldn't.

I was just watching John McCain on The View, and it's unbelievable to me watching a Presidential candidate on national TV talking about all the times he prays to God, talking about how God has a plan for America and wearing his faith on his sleeve for all to see. I'm not criticizing him for doing it, it's just a cultural difference because here in Australia or Britain a candidate running for Prime Minister just would never talk about their faith the way John McCain is doing.

We are not the U.K. or Austraila. In this country there are still many people of faith. I

FWIW -- In the U.K. there are more Muslims "of faith" than Christians it would seem. The unintended consequences of embracing multiculturalism.

For some of you who live in America, why do you think your elections are so preoccupied with talk about religion and faith and moral issues such as roe vs wade and gay marriage? It's fascinating to me as topics such as these are rarely, if never, discussed during our elections.

Most Americans are simply not interested about what is discussed in your elections. I certainly don't, and in fact I couldn't even name more than 10 Austrailians anyway. The only ones who actually come to mind are Mel Gibson, Olivia Newton John, and that dead crocodile guy... and the first two live in the United States if I'm not mistaken.

I don't say that to be offensive, but I'm sure it is true.

Why does a Christian God scare you so much?? Maybe it is because our Goverment was founded on Christian beliefs. It does say on our currency "In God we trust". You would probably feel better if he had gone to a church with a hate monger for a leader like obama did for 20 years. I do realize however that obama thinks that most Americans hide behind their Bible and guns. I just hope that he keeps on thinking that way. It will probably cost him the election.

A Christian God doesn't scare me at all.

I'm not frightened of anybody's 'God', because if any message from God or Christ so is right and so profound, then you wouldn't need threats and intimidation to believe in it.

If 'God' isn't who he says he is, then I'd rather join 'the Devil' any day, because at least if the Devil's a fake too, then there's more room for improvement. Much better to live with a dog who's bark is worse than his bite, than a lamb with fangs like a wolf...

Christian, and well, religious people in general worry me though. A lot of nasty things get done in the name of 'God'.

Scare? no. Annoy? Yes.

"Founded" on Christian beliefs is one thing,being run as a Christian nation is another thing entirely.I thought that's what the FFs were doing their best to avoid.

"Freedom of religon",does anybody remember that? It looks good in theroy-or on paper-but the fact of the matter is,it's bull-shit.America is becoming a Christian nation by default.

It shouldn't.

The same people who want to end Muslim theocratic rule in the Middle East would have no problem with the US turning into a Christian theocracy.

Most Americans are simply not interested about what is discussed in your elections. I certainly don't, and in fact I couldn't even name more than 10 Austrailians anyway. The only ones who actually come to mind are Mel Gibson, Olivia Newton John, and that dead crocodile guy... and the first two live in the United States if I'm not mistaken.

I don't say that to be offensive, but I'm sure it is true.

Oh it's not offensive to me, I couldn't care less whether you knew my country exists or not, I'm not into nationalism or jingoism.

Ha, maybe you did this deliberately (to try to prove some point, I don't know) but both Mel Gibson and Olivia Newton-John weren't born in Australia. Neither was Russel Crowe...or Keith Urban...

But I'm sure the fact that you don't know a lot of Australians means something to you, because it might prove in your mind America is better because you don't know people from any other country.

But it does somewhat prove a point in a post that I made earlier about Americans are basically US-centric, and don't really have a grasp of the world outside of the USA. You've never had to. Your culture has provided everything for you. Nothing wrong with that, but in my opinion it explains why in times of international trouble most Americans side with politicians who talk tough and pound their fists with simplistic answers, because instead of thinking about the nuances of living with other countries, you would rather flex your muscles.

Anyway, so Americans are not interested in what is discussed in our elections? Because in our elections we talk about health care, jobs, economy, all that sort of stuff, we don't talk about moral or religious issues. So Americans aren't interested in discussing those things?

FWIW -- In the U.K. there are more Muslims "of faith" than Christians it would seem. The unintended consequences of embracing multiculturalism.

Uh, no there isn't. As of the 2001 UK census, 71.8% (42 million) were Christian. Only 2.8% (1.6 million) were Muslim. A further 15% weren't religious at all. In 2006, 33% described themselves as religious, whilst 82% saw religion as a cause of division and tension. In 2007 53% of the population in the UK was still Christian, and 2/3 of UK adults (66%) weren't religious at all.

Seven years may have gone by, but there's not that many Muslim's in Britain to outnumber Atheists, let alone Christians.

Gosh wanna be. I just read the rules and your calling me a three year old "offends" me. The constant barrage of "F - bombs" and offensive language breaks the rules too. I could go on and on. So, I guess the rules only apply for some around here.

I don't care what offends you at all.

And some rules are more enforced then others no? Swearing on an adult forum is hardly the same as bitching people out constantly and side-tracking threadsw, which is what you are doing. Again, please stop

I see I've missed so much while I was gone! Hmmmm, religious beliefs aside can we in good conscience vote for a man who believes our economy is fundamentally strong???

He's on the record saying that repeatedly over the last few months as we plunge further and further into despair.

I give executive experience its due merit,.. I just dont think Palin's executive

experience amounts to much given her dearth of other credentials, that's all.

Yes, she has some executive experience.

Does that alone mean she's ready to be POTUS?

Of course not.

I never put Obama on "equal" footing to Biden or McCain with regard to experience. What I have done is cite Obama's overall experience and have concluded that he's ready to serve as POTUS. I have also concluded that Biden and McCain are ready to serve as POTUS. Nowhere did i claim that I felt Obama's experience was "equal to" Biden's or McCain's. You made that up.

Yeah, TWO elected positions. ONE of which was mayor of Podunk; population 7,000.

And she managed to leave Podunk millions of dollars in debt when she left office, btw.

The other position she's held for 20 months, during which short time she's managed

to get herself embroiled in an abuse of power scandal and an misuse of email scandal,

and during which time she supported the Bridge to Nowhere and the Bridge to Nowhere II.

20 months, 2 scandals (so far), and hundreds of millions of dollars of pork

barrel earmarks. No wonder you republicans are smitten by her, eh?!

It is true Obama has been the executive manager of an enormous.. and enormously effective.. political campaign. If you wanna say that doesn't count as "executive experience", fine by me. In conjunction with his other accomplishments, credentials, and experiences at the personal, state, and national level, the way he's run his campaign shows me that he has the skills and smarts to be an effective executive. The way he's run his campaign.. the largest in the history of US politics.. shows me that he has the vision, intelligence, temperament, leadership skills, and decision-making skills to effectively and successfully manage large scale resources (financial resources and human resources). His overall record convinces me that he's ready and able to lead the country.

I'm thoroughly convinced that Barack Obama is ready to serve as POTUS.

And you're thoroughly convinced that Sarah Palin is ready to serve as POTUS.

To each, his/her own! That's the beauty of democracy:

each voter gets to decide for himself and/or herself!

Sarah Palin was a city counsel member, then Mayor for 6 years and, last time I checked, is still the Governor of Alaska.

The liberal "SPIN" on the firing of the trooper is idiotic and you know it. If you are going to count every time one of your favorite liberal bog or newsletter comes up with a far fetched story as a SCANDAL, that's fine, but I don't see any evidence of corruption, just BS spewing from the left.

I can't find any record of Wasilla's financial state from her term. Point me to it or I will think that you are making that up. If it's true that she had millions of dollars in debt, then why can't I find it on a liberal blog?

YOU DID SAY that Obama, McCain and Biden were "nationally vetted" because of their experience, I'm not making that up. Obama is not even close to being "bi-partisan", either, btw. You ARE making that up. He voted the liberal side 100% of the time, making him by far the most partisan Senator in our country.

Here's some reading for you from your own hometown paper, a VERY LIBERAL one as well.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/poli...1_palin070.html

You oppose multiculturalism then, is that what you're saying Del?

You prefer uni-culturalism then? [Would you also favor hegemony?]

Are you a supporter of.. you know.. national.. uhh.."cultural purity"? :unsure:

Do you think we should tear down the Statue of Liberty and

abandon the "melting pot"-"beacon of liberty" American value?

Which "culture" is it that you think should dominate in America?

The culture of our founding founders? You know.. British/Euro culture?

:whistling:

To believe that all cultures are equal is to believe that they are also equally benificial to a nation. As soon as you fall into the trap of moral relevency, then all is lost.

The idea of the "melting pot' is that you do in fact melt into a better culture, only flavoring that "melt" without destroying the culture.

But if you want then yes, the Judeo-Christian culture of western Europe is superior to the Islamic middle easter/eastern cutlure of death and jihad. Something that western Europe has been too slow to react to in recend decades. Despite a thousand year histroy of previously recognizing and counter that threat.

But it does somewhat prove a point in a post that I made earlier about Americans are basically US-centric, and don't really have a grasp of the world outside of the USA

And you believe of course that is a bad thing, while most Americans would tell you it is not.

We like being US-centric.... but to each his own. I don't think you are going to convince most Americans (of all political parties) that being Nationalistic/America first is a bad thing. If fact most of the liberals here that you seem to want to embrace because they happen to agree with you on issues like abortion and homosexual unions; would tell you that they prefer jobs, industry, trade and our national goal BE MORE US-CENTRIC and less involved outside of our borders.

. Your culture has provided everything for you. Nothing wrong with that, but in my opinion it explains why in times of international trouble most Americans side with politicians who talk tough and pound their fists with simplistic answers, because instead of thinking about the nuances of living with other countries, you would rather flex your muscles.

The "bick stick" really doesn't require a lot of "nuance" or any other candy coated French language.

It just needs to hurt real bad when you use it.

Anyway, so Americans are not interested in what is discussed in our elections? Because in our elections we talk about health care, jobs, economy, all that sort of stuff, we don't talk about moral or religious issues. So Americans aren't interested in discussing those things?

I'm just giving you a realitiy check. I'm just saying that most Americans don't give a hoot what you talk about, vote on or even the names of your leaders. If you don't believe me, just take a look at the facts.

Uh, no there isn't. As of the 2001 UK census, 71.8% (42 million) were Christian. Only 2.8% (1.6 million) were Muslim. A further 15% weren't religious at all. In 2006, 33% described themselves as religious, whilst 82% saw religion as a cause of division and tension. In 2007 53% of the population in the UK was still Christian, and 2/3 of UK adults (66%) weren't religious at all.

Seven years may have gone by, but there's not that many Muslim's in Britain to outnumber Atheists, let alone Christians.

You completely missed the point, I said "of faith." I have no doubt that there are far more people who call themselves Christians in the UK than there are Muslims. However, the "faith" part comes into play when you consider that many more of the Muslims in Europe believe (by way of faith) that their religion, their customs and their ULTIMATE CONTROL of Europe is a destiny in which they not only hope and pray for, but also see as coming true. Europe's Christians on the other hand (thanks to policies of multiculturalism) have LOST faith in there belief that the Christian path championed .for over a thousand years in Europes, is still the best way to counteract Islam and the spread of Islam. The mere mentioning of Judeo-Christian preminence in Europe is met with scorn and ridicule, and accusations of Fundamental extremism from the left/cultural elite.

Most American Christians tend to view this country as being blessed by God. An important part, if not the most important part of our identity.

Archived