• John Edwards
    • Mike Huckabee
    • John McCain
    • Barack Obama
    • Ron Paul
    • Mitt Romney
    • Bill Richardson
    • Fred Thompson

I am getting sick of hearing about how Obama has to win over white women/ working class people. I am both and he won me over a long time ago. I even heard someone call into a radio show and say they didn't think enough white people would vote for Obama "because.....you know....." The radio host said, "Please tell me." And the guy was hemming and hawing and acting like it's just so obvious, but was afraid to say it. I don't get it. Am I supposed to assume that I am not supposed to vote for Obama because I am white? Even weirder, I had someone tell me the only reason I AM voting for Obama is because he's black! Not sure how that works, either. I believe he's the best one for the job. Now I really AM starting to wonder how much racism is a factor. It's as though it's assumed, and I resent that being projected onto me either way.

I am getting sick of hearing about how Obama has to win over white women/ working class people. I am both and he won me over a long time ago. I even heard someone call into a radio show and say they didn't think enough white people would vote for Obama "because.....you know....." The radio host said, "Please tell me." And the guy was hemming and hawing and acting like it's just so obvious, but was afraid to say it. I don't get it. Am I supposed to assume that I am not supposed to vote for Obama because I am white? Even weirder, I had someone tell me the only reason I AM voting for Obama is because he's black! Not sure how that works, either. I believe he's the best one for the job. Now I really AM starting to wonder how much racism is a factor. It's as though it's assumed, and I resent that being projected onto me either way.

I totally agree Suz! Did you see Sixty Minutes tonight? It was very good. Interview of both the candidates. Obama addressed the race issue. He kina laughed and said (paraphrasing here) Well, I would LIKE to think that my skin color wasn't an issue but there are probably some whites who won't vote for me because I'm black and some blacks that ARE voting for me because I'm black. So in the end, I think it evens out" He has the diplomacy this country needs SOOOO bad right now!

As for the white women comments, I think the press is blowing that out of proportion. What they are REALLY talking about is the disgruntled Hilary supporters and I think only a handful could be so stupid as to be turncoats just because Hilary didn't get the nomination...hopefully I'm right about that... <_<

I totally agree Suz! Did you see Sixty Minutes tonight? It was very good. Interview of both the candidates. Obama addressed the race issue. He kina laughed and said (paraphrasing here) Well, I would LIKE to think that my skin color wasn't an issue but there are probably some whites who won't vote for me because I'm black and some blacks that ARE voting for me because I'm black. So in the end, I think it evens out" He has the diplomacy this country needs SOOOO bad right now!

As for the white women comments, I think the press is blowing that out of proportion. What they are REALLY talking about is the disgruntled Hilary supporters and I think only a handful could be so stupid as to be turncoats just because Hilary didn't get the nomination...hopefully I'm right about that... <_<

Crap, I missed it. I'm looking forward to the Frontline special on the candidates next month, though. Yeah, the only person I can think of who has gone from Hilary to McCain is that guy in here named Rick. Lately he's been srplane.

Anyway, I cannot wait for the debates :thumbsup:

What do you think? That this music forum represents a microcosm of the voting population or a scientific sample of the data? You must be nuts. To think thata you can compare numbers here to the entire populaion that will vote is so inaccurate. Go take a course in statistical methods.

No, dicklips, I mean the only person I know of. Period.

I would like to think its sick humor that inspired you to post that (and not that YOu are crazy! :wacko: )

Who are all these fucking racists? Besides the ones in here, do I live on another planet or what!? This is creepy. I am fully aware weve never had a president who isnt a white guy, and few who havent been old. But this is 2008 and I can read and listen and comprehend and compare and make a decision. Theres no contest for me, none. Nor for most people I regularly associate with, the majority of whom are white.

If you seriously dont believe this country is rampant with racism, you must not have traveled outside your own little village. I truly cant believe you dont realize this.

Dicklips? Dicklips? Thats a new one. What does that mean? You know Im right about the sample and you can only resort to name calling to try and get out of your dumb statement.

Dumb statement?

"Yeah, the only person I can think of who has gone from Hilary to McCain is that guy in here named Rick"

I think it's a clear as a window what she said. Just because you misinterpreted it doesn't mean it was a stupid comment. I'd be leery of a person who couldn't understand that statement though.

She made it sound like just because only one person here was swung into that way of voting it is in correlation to the mass's. How else would you interpret it? You are spinning it to defend your friend. God forbid anyone admit they made a mistake. You included.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Sorry if I got your head spinnin' Yukon! Dunno, to me that sentence could only be taken one way. Unless you assume that the only people Suz knows are on this board.

Besides, I have lots of friends and I don't always agree with everything they say. Obviously you are a little new here so you wouldn't know these things. Maybe you should quit making hasty judgements.

I'm not afraid to admit when I'm wrong. I've done it many times. I'm also not afraid to be wrong. Becuase if you're never wrong in your lifetime then you just have a highly inflated ego or you haven't lived.

So its ok for her to name call me? She is insinuating that the population in this election is going to vote in proportion to the ratio of opinions here on this site. No other way to interpret her statement. And here you are defending her because she is your friend and I am not. this had nothing to do with you. that is all Im going to say. I am off to talk about more important matters such as football. Bye bye.

No, I'm defending her point of view which I happen to share. And who said you're not my friend? I haven't known you long enough to make any judgements about you. We can disagree. It's OK to disagree :)

Ummmm, I've been called way worse than dicklips on this board so you'll probably want to toughen up a bit if you want to hang here.

Peace Brother! :hippy:

Barack Obama - Freddie Mac-Daddy and a Fannie Mae Ho

Written by Francine Fishpaw

Story written: 16 September 2008

"I thought Fanne Mae was that Washington D.C. Ho", says Barack Obama.

Sept. 2008, Center for Responsive Politics came out this week showing that Barack Obama was the 2nd largest recipient of cash from troubled financial giants Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae, who were in deep doo-doo this summer and they were facing going belly up. Now taxpayers will have to bail these two giants out.

Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation (FHLMC), commonly known as Freddie Mac, is a privately-owned and run government sponsored enterprise (GSE) of the United States federal government. It is a stockholder-owned corporation, authorized to make loans and loan guarantees. Federal National Mortgage Association (FNMA), commonly known as Fannie Mae, is a publicly owned government sponsored enterprise (GSE). It is a stockholder-owned corporation authorized to make loans and loan guarantees.

According to the Center for Responsive Politics who has been following who Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae have been giving money too since 1989, everyone was surprised that the second largest money given to Washington D.C. representatives came from those associated with Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae was to Barack Obama during a time they have been following these two financial giants. Even though Barack Obama has only been in office for four years he received the second most contributions from both of these failed financial institutions. Barack Obama received at total of $126,349 dollars combined from the Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae PACs and individuals.

When reporters asked Barack Obama at his Washington D. C. office about getting money from Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae, Obama stated "I thought Freddie Mac was the big brother on TV, who had that comedy show. You know the one that just died". Apparently Obama had been confused with Bernie Mac, the African-American comedian who died over the summer. "And I thought Fannie Mae was that Washington D.C. madam"?

Obama said, while he was counting his 66 million dollars he got this month in campaign contributions. "I thought they wanted to help a brother out on the campaign trail by dishing out some money? I didn't know they were financial businesses? Who calls a financial institution after a brother and another one after a Ho"?

"I was going to buy Freddie Mac a pimp hat for giving me so much money and I was going to score Fannie Mae a diamond studded garter to entertain men with. Who knew they weren't real people giving me big bucks like they did"? Obama said with a wink and big smile on his face.

http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.cfm?headline=s8i40722

:lol:

This is from Nate Silver's site, http://www.fivethirtyeight.com . He uses a shit-ton of mathematical formulas, regression analysis and countless other tacks to come up with his numbers. And it's far from a left-leaning site; in fact I'd say it's more centrist to right-leaning. It also factors in things like weighted polls and margins of error, so it's far more accurate than many other sites out there.

polls921uo1.jpg

And on RCP, which takes the average of several different polls, including the notoriously right-leaning Rasmussen and Zogby, Obama is leading by 2.2%. Down only a slight .1% from earlier in the day.

Yes, this will be called "Old News" around here by the leftist, animal loving libs around here. Just like they no longer want to talk about Ayres, Rezko, and Wright. And, the libs around here better hope that their hero :notworthy: obama :notworthy: opens up a huge lead in the polls to have a chance.

What size shoe did Biden put in his mouth today??? Did he ask anyone in a wheel chair to stand up today? obama, Biden.................they deserve each other. :hysterical:

McBrillant / Palin ........ 08..........How many more crooks will give money to obama tomorrow???

You have no clue about your own party do you?

What's ridiculous is this conversation.

As far as your so called FACTS, many of these web sites are lousy with Obama supporters who resemble inmates of an insane asylum reinforcing each others insanity.

Pretty sad that because at least half the country (contrary to Del's "half" of the country) are supporters of Obama/Biden, that makes them "insane asylum inmates". That statement is so STUPID...just shows which side the morons are on. Intelligent people CAN interpret what is being said by the candidates, can interpret what PLANS the candidates have, and IF they have any common sense and desire a better country, they will vote for anyone other than McCain.

How many Republicans does it take to change a light bulb?

Answer: TEN...

1. One to deny that a light bulb needs to be changed,

2. One to attack the patriotism of anyone who says the light bulb needs to be

changed,

3. One to blame Clinton for burning out the light bulb,

4. One to tell the nations of the world that they are either for changing the

light bulb or for eternal darkness,

5. One to give a billion dollar no-bid contract to Haliburton for the new

light bulb,

6. One to arrange a photograph of Bush, dressed as a janitor, standing on a

stepladder under the banner "Bulb Accomplished,"

7. One administration insider to resign and in detail reveal how Bush was

literally "in the dark" the whole time,

8. One to viciously smear #7,

9. One surrogate to campaign on TV and at rallies on how John McCain has had a

strong light bulb-changing policy all along,

10. And finally, one to confuse Americans about the difference between screwing

a light bulb and screwing the country.

And, after all is said and done, no one will notice that they never actually

managed to _change_ the light bulb.

changed,

light bulb,

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

OMG! That is hysterical!

changed,

light bulb,

*bing*

100 points to Tangerine :D

How many Democrats does it take for a Republican to change a light bulb?

That's right Medhb...................you can read mine and weep.................because they are all true about the "leftist fems" around here and your hero :notworthy: obama :notworthy:.

Sorry to break your heart but they don't make me weep. They just re-enforce my belief that you have nothing of value to add to this conversation and no debating skills whatsoever (kinda like ONE of the current VP candidates).

You seem to think that insulting the liberal females in this discussion equals making a point. I think I got your point. You don't like us as individuals (perhaps you feel threatened?) and you think we are all stupid.

But of course....you are entitled to your opinion.

Sorry Medhb. I forgot about the wacko liberal men around here too. My bad. Kind of like ~*Lady Elizabeth of the Paggette's*~ You libs can all gang up on the conservatives around here but can't take it back.

C'mon sr! We can take it! I wouldn't call it ganging up from either side but when we do share the same views and discuss them I guess that could be considered a 'gang' - of course that goes both ways! B)

But we're all here to have this discussion, if anyone can't take it I'm sure they'll just leave the discussion and quite posting here. It's clear no one is going to change anyone's mind about anything but I do appreciate the point of view that everyone shares.

:hippy:

Archived