• John Edwards
    • Mike Huckabee
    • John McCain
    • Barack Obama
    • Ron Paul
    • Mitt Romney
    • Bill Richardson
    • Fred Thompson

Off topic, but thinking out loud. It's a damn shame Biofuels give off more greenhouse gasses than petroleum does. Renewable yes, but can we ever catch a break???

Don't wrry, friend, with sugar cane we also make Run and "Cachaça"; with corn we also make Taquila... :D

070726_edwards_hmed_12p.hmedium.jpg

John Edwards To Drop Out Of Race

Assoc Press

DENVER — Democrat John Edwards is exiting the presidential race Wednesday, ending a scrappy underdog bid in which he steered his rivals toward progressive ideals while grappling with family hardship that roused voters' sympathies but never diverted his campaign, The Associated Press has learned.

The two-time White House candidate notified a close circle of senior advisers that he planned to make the announcement at a 1 p.m. EST event in New Orleans that had been billed as a speech on poverty, according to two of his advisers. The decision came after Edwards lost the four states to hold nominating contests so far to rivals who stole the spotlight from the beginning _ Hillary Rodham Clinton and Barack Obama.

The former North Carolina senator will not immediately endorse either candidate in what is now a two-person race for the Democratic nomination, said one adviser, who spoke on a condition of anonymity in advance of the announcement.

----------------------

damn. <_<

well then..

hmmm.gif..

if Edwards is out, I guess I'll throw my full support to Barack Obama! :cheer:

Heck,.. even Del seems to be warming up to Obama! B)

:hippy:

Ted Kennedy today announced that he is endorsing Barrack Obama.

Now watch the Clinton's get really nasty.

Is there a chance that Barrack can pull it off?

If he does then won't the Republicans will be sure to win again?

What makes anyone think either democratic candidate can win? After the entertainment media start the full push for either Clinton, or Obama, and insult every person in the Midwest, the race is over. The heartland of the country decides who will be president, and now that they have cable, we are all fucked by people like Bill Maur, and lezbo Rosie, who just love to make fun of the biggest speaking voice in our nation.

They do not like to made fun of, and prove it at the voting booths. John McCain is your next president, by default.

Hey! Thanks for posting that Hermit... breaking news on the Led Zeppelin Forum. ;)

I do like John Edwards, he just wasn't my first choice and I fear his votes take away from Obama.

I am wondering if we will see an Obama-Edwards ticket?

If Hillary does not receive the nomination, I do not see her taking a VP role...

I wouldn't exactly take Del's comment for a full-fledged Ted Kennedy-esque endorsement. :D

But I would say that I agree that Obama if anything else is adding a different vibe to the whole process that we haven't seen in the last several elections....can't quite put my finger on it though......

The Dem's better be glad that Billary is showing signs that it will be over before long. After Bill drifting off-alseep (well, he is getting old) during a MLK memorial, then his comments about "Jesse Jackson won South Carolina too" that could be construed as racist (I didn't think so but can see why some may) and now top Dems are telling the Billary camp to chill out = the writing is on the wall Hillary-supporters.

One thing that I found disturbing - did anyone catch Mitt's 2 minute interview immediately following the State of The Union address? Here's his chance to speak to the country (i.e. plug himself) when asked his opinion and what would he do if elected and his response in a nutshell was "I wouldn't change a thing".

:huh:

I nudged the wife during that and asked her "did he say what I thought he said?". Of course that wasn't Mitt's exact words but the message was there.

Let me speak from Stringy's heart to my fellow citizens of the Led-Zep board since I haven't commented much on this topic for the most part....my "fear" is the overall vibe of the country as a whole is that we are in a total and complete mess. Whether or not it actually is a mess doesn't even matter at this point, if the attitude of the country is "doom-gloom-despair" that goes a long way towards how we respond in our everyday thoughts, actions, etc. At this point after 8 years of Dubya to see the total negativity in the nation, the mess in Iraq, (not to mention my investment funds that have gotten HAMMERED the last few months but with others struggling to get by I feel guilty even complaining about that) but personally to hear Mitt in essence say "he wouldn't change a thing" turned my stomach. Four more years of "I wouldn't change a thing" is not a strong platform. At this point I'm seriously thinking we need someone to reenergize the country whomever that may be, regardless of party affiliation.

Del, I fully expect to be taken before the board of the "cheering section" or whatever the heck it was we were called on the old board for agreeing with one another so often......for my borderline bleeding heart rant above.

Oh I almost forgot.....

it IS over.

bye, Edwards.....and before long, Billary too.... :wave:

Must agree with all you said. A local radio guy here that is well respected (hates right wing Repblicans) said the same about their terror fear tactics. When its all said and done, I think Hillary will win the Dem nomination. and I think she has a shot to win. Im more concerned with the pathetic local government here. It is fucking brutal.

Hillary ain't winnin' a thing if she don't get her dog under control, and quick. Bill's not only ruining his legacy, but he's also ruining Hillary's chances. He's just come short of spouting racial slurs concerning Obama, and, quite frankly, it's getting ridiculous. The man needs to shut up before the next drop out announcement comes from Hillary herself.

WTF is Bill thinking?

WooHoo!.. it seems String's warming to Obama too*! :thumbsup:

Do we finally have us a true "uniter not a divider" candidate? :cheer:

Change?.. Yes WE can! :cheer:

*granted, not exactly a Kennedy-esque endorsement either, but

good enough.. coming from a conservative republican, by golly!

^_^

Obama endorsement or not..

..nice post, StringBro. :beer:

:hippy:

I was listenin to the radio last night and this black guy called in and started ripping into Obama. Absolutely hilarious! He started talking about how Obamas positions would encourage black people to consider the government as "their daddy" instead of their real one, causing more divorces, etc.

Anyways I thought it was funny

Pretty much, my choices for president are:

1. Obama

2. Whichever GOP guy (looks like McCain right now)

3. Hillary

i had this convo with my dad... whenever i listen to Hillary, it seems like she is speaking in strange words and lying to all of us... after her "crying" in NH and Bill never shutting up, I cant trust them... granted, its been a long time in American history since we have been able to truly trust a politician...

and, incase any of you are wondering about why i dont trust her... I really was convinced after I found out about those 2 million pages of documents from when she was 1st lady/vice vice president... and she would not release them untill after the election... If she had nothing to hide or cover up, lets see them... I just cant trust her

to be honest, I was worried about a hillary vs. guliani race... i would have voted for the 3rd party guy if it came down to that... but now that Rudy "9/11" Guliani is out... I dont have to worry...

the dream race would be Obama vs. McCain... it would be a great race and I would feel good about putting either of them in the oval office...

as of now and probably till the end, Obama is my guy!

The two best candidates in the debate tonight were...of course: the two non-media darlings:

Huckabee and Paul: the two who make the most sense outta the red lot.

Would be nice to see someone snag Huckabee and his plans for the "Fair Tax" and Paul's plan for eliminating the Fed Reserve....but hey, this is reality. Nothing that actually benefits the citizens of the United States is done in reality.

It's just that the Clintons are doing an excellent job of making Obama look like the most Presidential canidate in the Democratic race rigt now.

I really don't have a horse in this race. I suppose I could force myself to vote for Huckabee (sort of the same way I did with GW Bush). But there is no way that I will EVER cast a vote for either McCain or Romney under any circumstances. It's actually getting to the point where Ron Paul is actually less of an irritation than either McCain and Romney.

I will probably just sit this one out or find an Independent to vote for. The current trend with the Republicans reminds of what Ronald Reagan used to say about the Democrats -- "I did't leave the Democratic Pary, the Democratic party left me."

Feels like the Republican party has left all of us conservatives behind.

Del, I fully expect to be taken before the board of the "cheering section" or whatever the heck it was we were called on the old board for agreeing with one another so often......for my borderline bleeding heart rant above.

:lol:

Yeah, there was even a theory that you and I were the same person.

Looks like the best chance for the Republicans will be in four years after the Dems/Hillary do a "Jimmy Carter" on the country.

The two best candidates in the debate tonight were...of course: the two non-media darlings:

Huckabee and Paul: the two who make the most sense outta the red lot.

Would be nice to see someone snag Huckabee and his plans for the "Fair Tax" and Paul's plan for eliminating the Fed Reserve....but hey, this is reality. Nothing that actually benefits the citizens of the United States is done in reality.

I love the idea of the Fair Tax. I really hope it becomes a hotter topic too.

I will probably just sit this one out or find an Independent to vote for. The current trend with the Republicans reminds of what Ronald Reagan used to say about the Democrats -- "I did't leave the Democratic Pary, the Democratic party left me."

Feels like the Republican party has left all of us conservatives behind.

*Ralph Nader* (I kid you not) is considering jumping into the race.

Maybe he'll be your candidate this year, eh? :whistling:

[Nader. slapface.gif ]

Tonight's pre-Super Tuesday debate between Hillary and Obama should be interesting.

r-OBAMA-HILLARY-SHOWDOWN-large.jpg

Are you gonna watch it, my friend who's party has abandoned him?

*Ralph Nader* (I kid you not) is considering jumping into the race.

Maybe he'll be your candidate this year, eh? :whistling:

I actually respect Nader for at least believing in what he claims to stand for. I don't agree with one word he says. But at least he doesn't take a poll to see how the political climate is before he has a stand on an issue.

Tonight's pre-Super Tuesday debate between Hillary and Obama should be interesting.

Are you gonna watch it, my friend who's party has abandoned him?

I will be watching LOST tonight. I effectively avoided seeing it at work all week and I called out sick so I could watch it at home.

Come to think of it.... "LOST".... sort of like the Republican Party right now. :o

Maybe I will enter the race as a third party challenger. I'm sure I can count on your vote Hermit... if only as a novety to hang up on the wall of your shrine.

:lol:

I voted for Nader last time and it wasn't in protest, I actually went into the elections with an open MIND and RESEARCHED the candidates. Everybody else was the same ole shit. Doing the same thing over and over and over again and expecting different results is the definition of insanity.

Think back to all the things that Perot stated about America and NAFTA and free trade and many of the other topics he spoke of. Most of what he said is comming true.

The media Kook!

Answer me this, why will none of our leaders do any thing about illeagle immigration?

There is even a loop hole in this "Stimulus Package" to allow illeagles to recieve a check from the tax paying citizens of this country.

Where's the media outrage. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!

I voted for Nader last time and it wasn't in protest, I actually went into the elections with an open MIND and RESEARCHED the candidates. Everybody else was the same ole shit. Doing the same thing over and over and over again and expecting different results is the definition of insanity.

Think back to all the things that Perot stated about America and NAFTA and free trade and many of the other topics he spoke of. Most of what he said is comming true.

The media Kook!

Answer me this, why will none of our leaders do any thing about illeagle immigration?

There is even a loop hole in this "Stimulus Package" to allow illeagles to recieve a check from the tax paying citizens of this country.

Where's the media outrage. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!

Oh yes. "The Giant Sucking Sound" How could anyone forget that?

Archived