• John Edwards
    • Mike Huckabee
    • John McCain
    • Barack Obama
    • Ron Paul
    • Mitt Romney
    • Bill Richardson
    • Fred Thompson

I talked to this one kid today, and the election came up.

him: Yeah I hate Obama

me: Why do you hate him?

him: because he's a nigger and hates guns

me: really? You only hate him because of that?

him: yep

me: so if a black Republican who was sternly against gun control ran for president, you wouldn't vote for him?

him: no. I hate blacks.

I fucking hate people.

Wow. Wowwowow. So they're still growin' em like that in your parts, huh? Well it's been on it's way out for a few decades and by the time you have grandkids you can tell them this story and they won't believe it. My kid couldn't believe it when I told her inter-racial marriage used to be illegal.

I have a great plan myself. I have Personal Choice (Independence Blue Cross/Blue Shield). However, i have seen my copays double each year over the past five or six. I have seen my deductible increase. I have seen the cost i pay (through an employer plan, that happens to be a University Hospital) double over the past five years... and i know the costs will continue to go up every year. In addition, most plans only pay a percentage (my plan pays 90% if i use my Hospital, 80% if i go elsewhere)...this used to be free in the not too distant past.

So my question to you is, do you have an employer paid healthcare benefit? If not, how would you pay for yourself and your family to have "good" coverage? You are talking the amount of some people's mortgage each month. Just for a moment imagine if YOU or your family didn't have healthcare? This is reality for many Americans.

I know Universal healthcare has it's problems...and if we as a country offer healthcare to all our citizens, hopefully we can do it well.

Like most union workers, I pay into a trust account that buys insurance at a group rate. That insurance buys me and my family premium health services. I get it that a lot of people can't afford what I have, but the government DOES provide health care through various social services and no one in the United States can be turned away from a hospital if their condition is potentially life threatening. That is a FACT.

So the analogy here is that I can buy a Cadillac, some may have to settle for a Pinto. The university dentistry program at the University of Washington (in my community) provides an excellent quality of care for free or near free, and I know, because when I was a starving musician I went there for dental work. They do as well, and in some cases better than some dental practices. Neighborhood medical clinics have a waiting line and operate on a sliding scale according to your income, but still provide good medical care. The government already provides these services.

Since when does disagreeing with someone mean that they are aggressive? If you can't read an opposing point of view without getting your panties in a bunch stick to Austrailian politics, pony boy. :lol:

Exxon Breaks Record Profit

oooooooooh...can you feel it trickle down?

Exxon paid 32.5 billion in taxes in that last quarter.

They employ 81,000 employees. That doesn't include all third parties contractors that will undoubtedly double that.

Gas and diesel is twice as expensive in any other part of the world.

BP, Shell, and Mobile are each as big as Exxon.

Than there is a few other smaller oil companies.

Thats a trickle down effect.

Wow. Wowwowow. So they're still growin' em like that in your parts, huh? Well it's been on it's way out for a few decades and by the time you have grandkids you can tell them this story and they won't believe it. My kid couldn't believe it when I told her inter-racial marriage used to be illegal.

Don't be so sure! Today in CALIFORNIA!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yk3j_hbnx6s

What a dickhead :o

Every American citizen should have the responsibly of getting health care

Have you priced a policy lately? My employer paid policy costs me and my one child almost $400 a month. This is probably half of what an individual buying on their own would pay for the same coverage (if they could even get it). You obviously don't pay for your healthcare. Every one who needs medical attention should be given it. Any one who wants to educate themselves on prevention should have the information readily available through professionals. Get a clue.

Archived