• John Edwards
    • Mike Huckabee
    • John McCain
    • Barack Obama
    • Ron Paul
    • Mitt Romney
    • Bill Richardson
    • Fred Thompson

The Dead are getting together for Obama! Thanks for posting, I hadn't heard about that.

Thanks for posting the announcement, MSG! :thumbsup:

:cheer:

I whipped this up for the Grateful Dead

Get Out The Vote For Obama concert. B)

Obama.gif

:beer:

BobWeirFender.gif

Bob Weir

Jerry Garcia, PigPen, Brent Mydland, and Keith Godcheaux will be

in my thoughts when Bob, Phil, Mickey, et al play in SF tomorrow.

:hippy:

No problem. :) My husband and I are really looking forward to this. :hippy:

http://iclips.net/deadheadsforobama.php :beer:

For those who live in a state with a primary tomorrow, will you be voting? I plan on going early in the morning, since we have movers coming later.

Oh yes, definitely. I'll have to do it after classes.

This is the first time our presidential primary will be in Feb. It had been in June, and was part of the state office primaries. By then, there wasn't much point to it, so they finally, finally changed it.

We don't have to vote by our party affiliation either... we just tell them which one we want. I'll vote in the Republican primary... cuz there are a couple folks I really, really, really don't want to get the nomination.

No problem. :) My husband and I are really looking forward to this. :hippy:

http://iclips.net/deadheadsforobama.php :beer:

Just got home from work.. I'm trying to log on to the webcast

but am having a rather hard time establishing a connection. :(

I notice they stole (pardon the pun) my Steal Your Face design! :D

Mine:

I whipped this up for the Grateful Dead

Get Out The Vote For Obama concert. B)

Obama.gif

Theirs:

obama_top.jpg

This is pretty funny:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/02/05/con...lash/index.html

Meanwhile, conservative commentator Ann Coulter last week said she would support Democratic contender Sen. Hillary Clinton of New York over McCain.

"If he's our candidate, then Hillary is going to be our girl, because she's more conservative than he is," Coulter said on Fox's "Hannity and Colmes." "I think she would be stronger on the war on terrorism."

"John McCain is not only bad for Republicanism, which he definitely is -- he is bad for the country," she said.

Coulter took aim at McCain's positions -- particularly his fervent anti-torture stance -- and said he and Clinton differ little on the issues. Coulter also said she is prepared to campaign on Clinton's behalf should McCain win the party's nomination.

This is pretty funny:

Meanwhile, conservative commentator Ann Coulter last week said she would support Democratic contender Sen. Hillary Clinton of New York over McCain.

"If he's our candidate, then Hillary is going to be our girl, because she's more conservative than he is," Coulter said on Fox's "Hannity and Colmes." "I think she would be stronger on the war on terrorism."

"John McCain is not only bad for Republicanism, which he definitely is -- he is bad for the country," she said.

Coulter took aim at McCain's positions -- particularly his fervent anti-torture stance -- and said he and Clinton differ little on the issues. Coulter also said shis prepared to campaign on Clinton's behalf should McCain win the party's nomination.

I basically heard Rush Limbaugh claim the same thing minus the support for Hillary. The Republicans are confusing me. With such dissention in your party, they really don't have a chance in this election no matter who the Democratic nominee is. I understand McCain lies a bit to the left for most conservative Republican's taste, but look what we have now. If you take away the war on terror, Bush has spent money like a Democrat. Perhaps I'm wrong, but McCain would still seem to be a conservative's dream compared to the current chimp. Romney basically sold his soul in Nevada and Michigan. The messages he put forth aren't going to play well in other parts of the country. If conservatives are turned off by the thought of a Billary presidency, I don't see how a Romney 80's throwback campaign could get anybody in the Republican party excited. He's basically a Washington outsider, and the last outsider to claim Washington was broken was Jimmy Carter, and that got him toasted like a marshmallow.

When I guy who actually served in the military spends 6 years at The Hanoi Hilton, his stance on torture carries a little more weight than Ann Coulter.....You Think ? :rolleyes:

I really don't care which Democrat is nominated, because they already have my vote. I'm not sold on Obama though. There's a long way to go, and you can never count out a Clinton.

We had a difficult time accessing the Deadheads for Obama concert but we finally managed to see some sporadic clips of it. It seems that it will be broadcast (in its entirety?) later today:

http://www.iclips.net/deadheadsforobama.php

More about the concert, with photos and the setlist:

http://www.dead.net/features/news/general-...barack-warfield

Here's my Super Tuesday predictions (but don't hold me to 'em... :D):

Democrats:

1. Obama

2. Hillary

Republicans:

1. McCain

2. Romney

3. Paul

4. Huckabee

By the time the ticket comes around, I fully expect to see it end up being McCain vs. Obama (sorry Clinton-lovers, but with Bill's mouth and and the Kennedy's supporting Obama, I don't think Hillary will make it, but I could be wrong). In which case, I'm voting Obama.

This is pretty funny:

Coulter took aim at McCain's positions -- particularly his fervent anti-torture stance -- and said he and Clinton differ little on the issues. Coulter also said she is prepared to campaign on Clinton's behalf should McCain win the party's nomination.

Go Ann!

She pretty much sums up the extent of us conservatives view on Republicans who have crossed over to the dark side like John McCain has. Not that I would support Hillary... but it is an intersting commentary by Coulter on just how wrong McCain is for conservativism.

I heard the Bob Dole (a man I greatly respect) is attempting to get Coulter and Limbaugh to lay off the McCain attacks. Unfortunalty some Republicans see winning the election as our only battle. The real battle is going to be getting the Party back to the right where it belongs. So in my opinion Ann is correct.

I basically heard Rush Limbaugh claim the same thing minus the support for Hillary. The Republicans are confusing me. With such dissention in your party, they really don't have a chance in this election no matter who the Democratic nominee is. I understand McCain lies a bit to the left for most conservative Republican's taste, but look what we have now....

But that is where you are wrong. Liberals are always trying to "feel" their way through these situtions. The fact is that McCain has great appeal among moderate/traditional Democrats and independents. If McCain gets the Republican nomination (looks pretty good that he will), then McCain will be the most attractive "Democrat-like" canidate running in the General Election. Especially if Obama happens to win his nomination.

I'm going to laugh my ass off to see the reaction of the far left if McCain pulls this one off.

Not that I want to see him as President.

:cheer:SUPER TUESDAY!! :cheer:

Primaries: AL, AZ, AR, CA, CT, DE, GA, IL, MA, MO, NJ, NY, OK, TN, UT

Caucuses: AK, CO, ID (Dem), KS (Dem), MN, MT (GOP), NM (Dem), ND, WV (GOP 2/3 selected)

West Virginia results:

Repubs: (100% reporting)

Huckabee..52%

Romney....47%

Mccain......1%

delegate total (excluding super-delegates)

McCain.....93

Romney....77

Huckabee..58

Dems: (results not avail til poll closing)

Obama.._%

Clinton.._%

delegate totals (excluding super-delegates)

Obama....63

Clinton....48

Edwards..28

I've been saying this for months:

Hillary's winning the Dem nomination is actually more hurtful to the party than anything. She stands little chance of persuading swing voters who have already made up their minds to not vote for her. If Obama, on the other hand, wins the Dem nomination, I see little doubt of him winning the election because nearly everyone I've talked to has said the same thing whether republican or democrat: I'm voting for Obama no matter what. He has the youth vote, and can secure the boomer vote if he continues to widen his appeal-which he does more and more of with every passing week.

An article on how the Democrats might elect McCain this year

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Publ...14/691uddvk.asp

Dream on, Del.

The democratic party is going to be solidly united behind the party nominee. Democrats arent going to vote for a republican no matter how "liberal" you repubs wanna paint him to be. It's time for a CHANGE Del. In other words,.. it's time for a Democrat to hold the office of POTUS. B)

One of these two will be the next POTUS..

ObamaHillaryWinMcNamee.jpg

Liberals are always trying to "feel" their way through these situtions.

:D You mean as opposed to a Texas Bull in a China Shop ? Shock & Awe Baby !

The fact is that McCain has great appeal among moderate/traditional Democrats and independents.

So you're saying a Democrat would vote for McCain instead of Obama or Hillary....after the last 8 years ? Do you prefer Delusional Del, or Del the Delusional ? You're so far right you're starting to show up on the fringe of the other side. Yes, McCain has been known to reach across the aisle to find some common ground on a few issues, and only a true conservative would see that as some kind of weakness. McCain is surging because the rest of your party's candidates don't even seem human.

All 3 of you Republicans here

Where's three ? One's leaning towards Obama, and you and the other want to injure the Republican nominee at all cost. Let's tear up a guy that actually served....was tortured....and has a track record of voting quite conservatively on most issues. Hell, you guys gave Kerry better treatment.

So you're saying a Democrat would vote for McCain instead of Obama or Hillary....after the last 8 years ? Do you prefer Delusional Del, or Del the Delusional ? You're so far right you're starting to show up on the fringe of the other side. Yes, McCain has been known to reach across the aisle to find some common ground on a few issues, and only a true conservative would see that as some kind of weakness. McCain is surging because the rest of your party's candidates don't even seem human.

Wow.

I love it (and hate it) how everyone talks about how Liberal McCain is (can be) and then totally ignores Ron Paul whose just as moderate, if not moreso, then McCain. None of the other Republican candidates seem human? I assume you mean Romney because if you mean Huckabee and Paul, then you obviously know nothing about them, especially Ron Paul.

I've been saying this for months:

Hillary's winning the Dem nomination is actually more hurtful to the party than anything. She stands little chance of persuading swing voters who have already made up their minds to not vote for her. If Obama, on the other hand, wins the Dem nomination, I see little doubt of him winning the election because nearly everyone I've talked to has said the same thing whether republican or democrat: I'm voting for Obama no matter what. He has the youth vote, and can secure the boomer vote if he continues to widen his appeal-which he does more and more of with every passing week.

I mostly agree, bigstick.

As much as I believe Hillary would make a fine POTUS if elected, I do acknowledge the reality that if she's nominated it would actually give the repubs a chance of winning the general election. <_<

God--hopefully not the one on the right. :wacko:

How about a combination of the two?

obama_clinton_split2.jpg

covereyes.gif

:P

So you're saying a Democrat would vote for McCain instead of Obama or Hillary....after the last 8 years ? Do you prefer Delusional Del, or Del the Delusional? You're so far right you're starting to show up on the fringe of the other side.

:lol:

good stuff, Bong-Man. :beer:

Archived