• John Edwards
    • Mike Huckabee
    • John McCain
    • Barack Obama
    • Ron Paul
    • Mitt Romney
    • Bill Richardson
    • Fred Thompson

Well, thanks for the post Hermit. I appreciate it.

LOS: Yes, you're right, however the difference between "person of color", and "colored", especially in the context that I used "colored", doesn't really exist. And if my posts were read fully and in an unbiased way, without the people having a predisposition towards being reactionary, then course that would have been easily seen, and the conflict could have been avoided. But what we are seeing in this case is people thirsting for conflict, and being unwilling to resolve the issue as it should be resolved, because basically, resolution is really based on understanding in this case. Those who are unwilling to understand because of their preprogrammed racial radar, are ignorant, and contributing to a problem they claim to try and be against. It is hypocracy at its worst.

Here me out. I'm looking at this as from the side of a person with deep Native American heritage in their blood. My take? Where is Native American Month? We never even considered enslaving those poor bastards. We just shot them dead on the spot. They were regarded as less than slaves, if thats possible to conceive. My point is, Black History is American History and having a month carved out for them is kinda silly, albeit a spit in the face to the forgetten people of this great land who have nearly been run extinct because of our past. No Month. Not even a fucking day on the calendar to honor them.

(I come from the same heritage.)

Right on!

And to add something else. My use of the word "colored" was influenced by my discussions with two black friends who used the word themselves to describe Obama and how he would possibly be perceived by other world leader's. And of course, these are well educated and not southern or anything. So, if you want to attack the word or the use of the word, go ahead. But once again, I will stand by my posts as being accurate.

Are you suggesting that well educated and southern don't go together?

Allow me to introduce you to a well educated yankee

prez.jpg

I'm looking at this as from the side of a person with deep Native American heritage in their blood. My take? Where is Native American Month? We never even considered enslaving those poor bastards. We just shot them dead on the spot. They were regarded as less than slaves, if thats possible to conceive. My point is, Black History is American History and having a month carved out for them is kinda silly, albeit a spit in the face to the forgetten people of this great land who have nearly been run extinct because of our past. No Month. Not even a fucking day on the calendar to honor them.

I'll agree with that whole heartedly, my mothers great grand mother was a whitecloud

though I've never laid claim to heritage. I support the Houmas of LA thru payroll deduction. Them and Paws with a Cause have been my charities of choice

My argument isn't there are hundreds, if not thousands of black Americans who have contributed greatly to the world and our society-not to mention the millions of good working people who live for a righteous future every day. My feelings are why have one at all? Morgan Freeman made the best points about this and I completely agreed. Black History is American History. If so, it should be taught in history classes alongside units that normally leave it out for specific black cultural learning. And I guess another reason I don't think there should be one is because it more or less glorifys their being. Here me out. I'm looking at this as from the side of a person with deep Native American heritage in their blood. My take? Where is Native American Month? We never even considered enslaving those poor bastards. We just shot them dead on the spot. They were regarded as less than slaves, if thats possible to conceive. My point is, Black History is American History and having a month carved out for them is kinda silly, albeit a spit in the face to the forgetten people of this great land who have nearly been run extinct because of our past. No Month. Not even a fucking day on the calendar to honor them.
I have to agree whole-heartedly. But with speakers like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson and gang leading the African-American power bandwagon, I doubt any other race will ever get a month or even recognition like blacks get for slavery. Granted, other races have suffered a lot as well. Why don't we recognize the treatment of Chinese-Americans in the 18th and early 19th centuries, or the Irish-Americans after the famine, or Japanese-Americans during World War II?

But to guys like Sharpton, that ain't black, so that means it doesn't count

Hi all,

My argument isn't there are hundreds, if not thousands of black Americans who have contributed greatly to the world and our society-not to mention the millions of good working people who live for a righteous future every day. My feelings are why have one at all?

And I agree with your statement. There are millions of folks,despite having their teeth kicked in.Shall we talk about my drunk Mic,or my greaseball wop,grandfathers? Oh,your right we have hoildays for them,...

And yer,we should have an American day,as so many have made what is America.Is that the 4th of July? :blink:

Morgan Freeman made the best points about this and I completely agreed. Black History is American History. If so, it should be taught in history classes alongside units that normally leave it out for specific black cultural learning. And I guess another reason I don't think there should be one is because it more or less glorifys their being. Here me out. I'm looking at this as from the side of a person with deep Native American heritage in their blood. My take? Where is Native American Month? We never even considered enslaving those poor bastards. We just shot them dead on the spot. They were regarded as less than slaves, if thats possible to conceive.

Again,I agree.But then again,look at history.Has a native people,ever and always ruled a land,17th century onward? No. Sad but true.That is a sad fact.Is it right? I am not hear to say.I can only do what is right here and now.This can go on and and on,can we ever make a wrong a right?

Are Foxwoods,etc the answer?

My point is, Black History is American History and having a month carved out for them is kinda silly, albeit a spit in the face to the forgetten people of this great land who have nearly been run extinct because of our past. No Month. Not even a fucking day on the calendar to honor them.

No,not silly.Anypne and any race,has to have some honor and this is the way we do it,by having a 'history' month.Native Americans? One can start with Plymouth,Ma, and the first Thanksgiving,....

How about this: If I asked the next President of the United States to declare a "Human Being" day,would anyone show up? :huh:

KB

Hi all,

No,not silly.Anypne and any race,has to have some honor and this is the way we do it,by having a 'history' month.Native Americans? One can start with Plymouth,Ma, and the first Thanksgiving,....

In the eyes of Native Americans, Thanksgiving is bubkiss.

The reality of it is African-Americans were rewarded a history month out of sorrow showed towards them from a majority of white society, yet there is little sorrow from either African-Americans or caucasians towards Native Americans and their tragic genocide at our country's hands.

To add to that our country has NEVER formally apologized for the genocide to Native Americans. Why? Maybe they (Native Americans) are too proud to lay a guild trip on society. Instead they use groups like A.I.M. to get their message across.

There are reservations still in this country that are as bad if not worse than 3rd world countries. It's disgusting the way society ignores the problem and covers their eyes in denial.

There is no national day for my ancestors the government should at least honor the people whom they stole land from to make this country.

Hi all,

In the eyes of Native Americans, Thanksgiving is bubkiss.

Which means this"Nothing???

Ask the natives Of Plymouth,Ma,who protest this every 3rd Thursday in November.

The reality of it is African-Americans were rewarded a history month out of sorrow showed towards them from a majority of white society, yet there is little sorrow from either African-Americans osians towards Native Americans and their tragic genocide at our country's hands.[/quot]

Nice reward.

I am also glad you speak for all of us,......

KB

Dennis Miller on the Michelle incident:

Listen, I think they both love their country. They're trying to get a big job. They want the big jet. All he has to do is come out and say "hope," "change," name the city he is in. "Hope," "change," name the city he's in.

She should just stand there and sort of smile and go, "I love my old man. He'll make a great president." When she starts talking like she's Gandhi or something, it's going to get weird.

:lol:

Not to mention Mr. Stu...OReilly, coming out with his racist remark regarding Mrs. Obama and a "lynching"... <_<

Fire Bill OReilly :cheer::cheer:

I wonder why we haven't heard from Jesse or Rev. Al about this? They couldn't jump on Imus' case fast enough for his controversial remarks..

I don't see how this McCain Smear Job can hurt the NY Times' credibility more than they've done so in the past. The NY Times is one of the biggest laughing stock papers in our country.

File that under C.S. over there......chicken shit cause that's what it is. - American Graffiti

The "romantic relationship" part of the McCain-Iseman story apparently has no legs (pardon the pun), but the "improper relationship with lobbyists" part of the story doesn't seem to be going away. McCain is being exposed for being surrounded by lobbyists.. despite all his anti-lobbyist rhetoric. In defense of his cadre of lobbyists, McCain says the [corporate] lobbyists that work for him are.. honorable. [ :hysterical: ]

------

INDIANAPOLIS *(AP)* — Sen. John McCain said Friday that while lobbyists serve as close advisers to his presidential campaign, they are honorable and he is not influenced by corruption in the system. McCain, who has styled himself as an enemy of special interests, defended having lobbyists working for his campaign. He is the likely Republican presidential nominee. "These people have honorable records, and they're honorable people, and I'm proud to have them as part of my team," McCain told reporters following a town hall meeting in Indianapolis.

-------

yeah, ok,.. John-O.. its just all those other lobbyists out there who are hijacking the govt from the American people,.. but not the lobbyists that are close to you; your lobbyists are.. honorable. Yyyeah. :rolleyes:

John McCain.. Same old, same old.

Barack Obama.. Change you can believe in.

:beer:

To add to that our country has NEVER formally apologized for the genocide to Native Americans. Why? Maybe they (Native Americans) are too proud to lay a guild trip on society. Instead they use groups like A.I.M. to get their message across.

Genocide? Are you claiming that the United States had a policy for genocide against American Indians?

I am not saying that there was not some harsh treatment or even specific actions that were in fact murder. But to claim that the United States government committed genocide is not correct.

Btw, did the Lakota Sioux (a nation) ever apologize for acts of 'genocide' committed against members of the Crow Indians (another nation)? Did the Pawnee apologize for acts of 'genocide' committed against the Arapaho and Cheyenne?

Will there ever be a formal apology from those 'nations' for those events?

There are reservations still in this country that are as bad if not worse than 3rd world countries. It's disgusting the way society ignores the problem and covers their eyes in denial.

It's not as if people are forced to stay on reservations. I have a friend who had a government contract to repair homes on a reservation in Montana. His company would go in and build pre-fab homes on the reservation and then follow up with 'repairs' every year. The 'repairs' were mostly for broken windows, damaged plumbing and drywall fixes. Basically these free homes were constantly being destroyed by the people who they were given to to live in. The "conditions" on some of the reservations are not an outside problem. Obviously that is not the case on all reservations, but it is a problem.

There is no national day for my ancestors the government should at least honor the people whom they stole land from to make this country.

American Indians stole land, horses and women from each other. There is clear evidence that in some areas they not only engaged in genocide amongst themselves, but also canibalism. Whatever history is... it just is what it is. I am only responsible for my own actions and not those of my ancestors. I am no more interested in wanting to apologize for my ancestor's actions, any more than I expect an apology from the ancestors of those who caused mine to suffer.. be they Roman, French, Viking or whatever. I try to look at these things from the point of view of what do you expect to happen when the members of a farming/industrial society meet up with a society of hunter gatherers. The society which has not evolved much in a thousand years is always going to lose.

It just is what it is.

Archived