• John Edwards
    • Mike Huckabee
    • John McCain
    • Barack Obama
    • Ron Paul
    • Mitt Romney
    • Bill Richardson
    • Fred Thompson

Genocide? Are you claiming that the United States had a policy for genocide against American Indians?

That's exactly the case. America's "nasty little secret" it doesn't want the rest of the world or even our own population to know about. Especially now that we know Hitler was inspired to create the "Final Solution" and the entire Holocaust from the way America treated its Native American population a century before. How much of us wiping out Native American tribes is taught in history books and lecture? The Trail of Tears? That's about it. Truth be told President Andrew Jackson made it his mission in office to kill as many Native Americans as possible. But it was "Manifest Destiny," so it was ok with the understanding it was to acquire land in the name of God.

And it can be said Native American tribes warred and fueded amongst each other, but we also used them as pawns in our wars too. ie The Seven Years War (French & Indian), the Revolution, the War of 1812 and even the Civil War. Forced at the front line of major battles, an Indian's life mattered very little to combat leaders at the time.

That's exactly the case. America's "nasty little secret" it doesn't want the rest of the world or even our own population to know about. Especially now that we know Hitler was inspired to create the "Final Solution" and the entire Holocaust from the way America treated its Native American population a century before. How much of us wiping out Native American tribes is taught in history books and lecture? The Trail of Tears? That's about it. Truth be told President Andrew Jackson made it his mission in office to kill as many Native Americans as possible. But it was "Manifest Destiny," so it was ok with the understanding it was to acquire land in the name of God.

And it can be said Native American tribes warred and fueded amongst each other, but we also used them as pawns in our wars too. ie The Seven Years War (French & Indian), the Revolution, the War of 1812 and even the Civil War. Forced at the front line of major battles, an Indian's life mattered very little to combat leaders at the time.

Del this is similar to what I was going to post. Thanks bigstickbonzo ;) .

Del, what Native Americans did amongst themselves was a part of their culture, it was survival. What the 'White Man' did to the Native Americans was wiping a 'scurge' from the earth, a race of people that they saw as savages, uneducatable and occupying the land that the government wanted .

If you want to be amongst the delusional and think what happened to my ancestors wasn't genocide then you need to join with Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and believe there was no Holocaust.

Edited to say, Del you are a smart guy, read up on this issue and you will be surprised.

fwiw.. I think the Native American genocide discussion is certainly worth having.

Maybe you all will continue it in the *POL-pourri* general politics discussions thread, eh?

Getting back to the topic of who will be the next POTUS..

[or in this case.. wont be..]

Nader running for president

Feb 24, 2008

WASHINGTON - Ralph Nader is launching a third-party campaign for president.

The consumer advocate made the announcement Sunday on NBC's "Meet the Press." He says most Americans are disenchanted with the Democratic and Republican parties, and that none of the presidential contenders are addressing ways to stem corporate crime and Pentagon waste and promote labor rights.

Nader also ran as a third-party candidate in the 2000 and 2004 presidential elections. He is still loathed by many Democrats who call him a spoiler and claim his candidacy in 2000 cost the party the election by siphoning votes away from Al Gore in a razor-thin contest in Florida.

*source*

---------

slapface.gif

Who knows,.. maybe this year third-wheel Ralph will siphon off republican votes. Dems are quite happy with either Barack or Hillary as their candidate, but Ron Paul supporters may prefer Nader over McCain? :whistling:

Hey Ralph, how many votes do you think you'll get in this election?

0519-02.jpg

Yeah, so maybe its time you stop being a political troll and

instead go back to being a consumer advocate again, eh? :rolleyes:

Ya know, Ron Paul has trudged thorugh this primary despite the fact that he knows (or should know) that he will not win. However, it's not like he's getting nothing. He's been getting 4 or 5% here, and maybe 10% there. Thats not exactly chump change. My point is, people know who he is. He clearly has a strong following, as noted by his quick fundraising schemes. If were to go to the Libertarian Party ( :wub: ) next election, then maybe they'd get more national exposure and...well who knows? B)

Ya know, Ron Paul has trudged thorugh this primary despite the fact that he knows (or should know) that he will not win. However, it's not like he's getting nothing. He's been getting 4 or 5% here, and maybe 10% there. Thats not exactly chump change. My point is, people know who he is. He clearly has a strong following, as noted by his quick fundraising schemes. If were to go to the Libertarian Party ( :wub: ) next election, then maybe they'd get more national exposure and...well who knows? B)

Yeah, I can see a Ron Paul / Ralph Nader Ticket ! That would about do it!

So Barack Obama was photographed wearing the traditional clothes of Somalia. What's the problem here? Hillary needs to quit this shit. "This shit" not necessarily being running for President, because I enjoy watching the primary returns, but "this shit" being her attempts to smear/slander/discredit him in an effort to make herself look more electable.

He was in Somalia, wearing the traditional dress. Big damn deal.

Hi all,

oa.jpg

Getting ugly,.....

Story:

Drudge Report

KB

So Barack Obama was photographed wearing the traditional clothes of Somalia. What's the problem here? Hillary needs to quit this shit. "This shit" not necessarily being running for President, because I enjoy watching the primary returns, but "this shit" being her attempts to smear/slander/discredit him in an effort to make herself look more electable.

He was in Somalia, wearing the traditional dress. Big damn deal.

I'm with Electrophile on this one. Why does it matter, really?

Don't prove shit, other than Obama is open and willing honor the cultures of others, all the way to their dress.

Way I see it, that's yet another point to Obama and another point against Hillary.

I still say it'll end up McCain vs. Obama. Who wants to bet me on that? I need the money... :D

LOL J/K

It's no worse than this:

Bill%20Clinton%20yarmulke%20synagogue.jpg

and he didn't even have the excuse of observing customs in a foriegn country :rolleyes:

May I ask what, exactly, is wrong with that?

Or are you agreeing with me and Electrophile and I'm just being blind... which is quite a possibility... :blush:

Obama has this in the bag. All he has to do is not fuck up while giving a speech and he's got it. Hillary has no money left, isn't getting any more endorsements and is now upset because her egomaniacal personality can't accept defeat after being told by everyone around her she was the shoe-in nominee.

Obama has this in the bag. All he has to do is not fuck up while giving a speech and he's got it. Hillary has no money left, isn't getting any more endorsements and is now upset because her egomaniacal personality can't accept defeat after being told by everyone around her she was the shoe-in nominee.

lets not get too cocky...

barack still has to win EITHER Texas OR Ohio...

Hillary needs to win both... convincingly... in order to have a shot... shes not done for good, but she is close!

LETS FINISH THIS!!!

Archived