• John Edwards
    • Mike Huckabee
    • John McCain
    • Barack Obama
    • Ron Paul
    • Mitt Romney
    • Bill Richardson
    • Fred Thompson

Than stop calling Overthehillsandfaraway, Icantquityoubabe.you are bringing up past bullshit,that has nothing to do with the thread. Just like i did.

1. Show me where I've done that. :whistling:

[save yourself the time of looking for a quote. I havent done it.]

2. I couldn't care less if overthehillsandfaraway is icantquityoubabe. :rolleyes:

3. Anyway, what does that have to do with the part of my post you put in bold text?

["In that regard, it seems to me that she's won that particular debate".]

4. Still unable to offer up an intelligent response to the substance of Liz's comment, eh? :P

5. "bringing up past bullshit,that has nothing to do with the thread. Just like i did", you say? Well, at least you're admitting that "bringing up past bullshit that has nothing to do with this thread" is what you did. Good for you, muh-man. ;)

6. Go Obama!! :cheer:

:beer:

:hippy:

overthehills says: "..if you count the votes in Florida and Michigan Hillary has the popular vote."

If you count the votes in Florida and Michigan, you're not dealing with reality, friend.

Here's a dose of reality for ya:

Reality: the Michigan and Florida votes don't count.

Reality: Obama leads the popular vote count 14,417,619 (49.2%) to

13,917,009 (47.5%) ; spread: Obama +500,610 (+1.7%) *source*

Reality: Obama leads the pledged delegate count, 1728 to 1596.

Reality: Its virtually impossible for Clinton to catch Obama in either

popular votes or pledged delegates in the remaining primaries.

;)

And you have no explanation for Nathans comments I pointed to on pages 94 and 95. Post numers 1878, 1880, 1881, 1882. Secondly, if you count the votes in Florida and Michigan Hillary has the popular vote. and why is it that Bill Snyder is calling this race dead even. You are always waving the flag for nobama, but this is a horse race and you dont want to admit it.

You mean the ones where I got pissed at you and cussed and everything?

Yeah... because you were annoying the hell out of me. How many times were you going to attribute things to me I never said? And are you going to continue to do that? Quite frankly I think my anger was justified.

However, Hermit is right, and if you are, I'm quite willing to sweep it under the rug... let bygones be bygones. Admittedly, I don't have the greatest control over my temper, and I did get out of hand.

But I just don't appreciate being called out on things I never said.

just something I've noticed...

the election results are right on Barack Obama's homepage... (about half way down on the left hand side)

Barack Obama's Website

I cant find them on Hillary Clinton's website... there isnt even a search function...

Hillary Clinton's Website

obviosuly, the state Hillary won with 100% of the vote is the state of denial

The delegate lead in itself is not as big or important as you make it out to be. I have watched the political analysts on cable and to me you are spinning things the way you want.

:lol:

It's a party primary, muh-man; of course the pledged delegate count is important. You're kidding yourself (ie, you're not dealing with reality) if you think otherwise. Nobody in the party wants a brokered convention; a brokered convention will doom the party's chances of winning the general election. To avoid a brokered cponvention, the nomination will be awarded, as per usual party primary process, to the candidate with the most pledged delegates.

Downplaying/minimizing the importance of pledeged delegates is entirely

spin on the part of the Clinton campaign and her overly rabid supporters.

and to accuse me of being harsh on Nathan was crap and you know it. did you read those posts I told you to read? do you now see who started the ranting and swearing? I admitted when I was wrong earler on topics. You will never do that. You should look at the facts before accusing.

Yeah, I read em. Those posts are irrelevant to the issue regarding you

mistakenly attributing DRUNK's "I don't care" comment to Nathan.

The relevant exchange is this one -->

I think you're confusing me with DRUNK. I care who our next President is. Of all three I do think Obama is the lesser of all evils... however, the more I read about all three of them (McCain, Clinton, and Obama), the more angry I get that Ron Paul and John Edwards aren't still in the running.

Why cant you simply admit, friend, that you made a mistake

when you addressed Nathan as "Mr I don't care who wins"? :whistling:

Im sure PG'intended those words for Wanna Be a Drummer and Electrophile who both called me out. He probably just hit the reply button and you were the last to post. Read my previous posts that I accidentlly posted in your qoute.

Why does no body ever get my name right? :rolleyes::lol:

Anywho, is anyone else upset at how early this years campign started? Maybe it's because I'm young, but I don't ever remember people campaigning as early as this year. It was fun to watch and keep track of early on...but now...it just feels dragged on ya know?

I was calling you out on the fact that you stated you didnt like any of the candidates and seemed to imply you werent going to vote. Its there in black and white. and then you said that Drunk said those things and not you. the whole thing is a mess. so lets just forget it.

I agree. Let's just forget it.

Going back, you are right, I did say that, and I am still disillusioned with process and the candidates. I mean, I guess I worded that post wrong. I do want to vote, I just don't know who to vote for. All the people I wanted to vote for are no longer running, and while, at first, I really liked Barack, I'm starting to wonder about him.

I just know, personally, I could never vote Republican while the candidate is Bush III, and I just don't want Hillary in the White House. Like I said a while back, a woman can be President. Hillary is not that woman. Obviously, that's my opinion alone, and I know you disagree.

But maybe part of the problem was that I took you literally when you called me out for saying I didn't care. DRUNK actually wrote those exact words in a previous post to the one I wrote that started all this (although I don't believe him at all). And I can see why you thought I was saying I didn't care, but it was my fault for not wording it right.

So, dust under the rug? Can we shake hands and move on?

I was reading something on libertylounge.net that caught my attention. This year, more and more younger voters are turning out than they've ever really done. They're all voting for Obama as well. How do you think they'd react if Obama gets the popular vote and the common delegates, but the superdelegates pledge support to Billary? Personally, I'd think they see it as pointless and simply nnot vote like they have this year ever again...something that could hurt the Democratic Party for years to come yes?

Maybe the superdelegates should go with Hillary :whistling:

Now you have someone to debate the rest of this damn circus of a primary with. haha. Someone has to stick up for Hillary. Might as well be me. Welll, we have a ways to go until the next states. Unless something unforseen happens like them coming to an agreement miraculously and going on the same ticket. But I doubt it. the experts on cable seem to think this could happen in June however. The supers may push them both to come to a deal so that there isnt hostility in the party on either side. That is a major risk and old McCain is probably hoping that it happens. (I mean a fallout in the party) which would leave the door wide open for him.

I don't think they would ever put each other on the same ticket, not after everything thats been said. Their personalities are just too different and I doubt either wants to ride shotgun with one another into the White House

Now you have someone to debate the rest of this damn circus of a primary with. haha. Someone has to stick up for Hillary. Might as well be me. Welll, we have a ways to go until the next states. Unless something unforseen happens like them coming to an agreement miraculously and going on the same ticket. But I doubt it. the experts on cable seem to think this could happen in June however. The supers may push them both to come to a deal so that there isnt hostility in the party on either side. That is a major risk and old McCain is probably hoping that it happens. (I mean a fallout in the party) which would leave the door wide open for him.

The door is already closed and McCain is on the inside. BadaBing! :D

1. Show me where I've done that. :whistling:

[save yourself the time of looking for a quote. I haven't done it.]

It wasn't completely directed at you but at the group who picked on ICQYB

2. I couldn't care less if overthehillsandfaraway is icantquityoubabe. :rolleyes:

Sure

3. Anyway, what does that have to do with the part of my post you put in bold text?

["In that regard, it seems to me that she's won that particular debate".]

I was going to put, Since I lost, Ill make just make a speech about hope,which i can't deliver, so the media doesn't have to focus on how much inexperience i have and the Friends i keep.

4. Still unable to offer up an intelligent response to the substance of Liz's comment, eh? :P

Whats an intelligent response in your world is it like this. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?...+paste+politics

5. "bringing up past bullshit,that has nothing to do with the thread. Just like i did", you say? Well, at least you're admitting that "bringing up past bullshit that has nothing to do with this thread" is what you did. Good for you, muh-man. ;)

thank you, now if can only get obama to come clean on his doings..

:beer:

The door is already closed and McCain is on the inside. BadaBing! :D

McCain has said that this debacle in the Dem party actually may hurt him. as soon as they realize America is going to have a hard time voting for a inexperience black senator, in which they will give it to Hillary, they will unite and will get a bump in the polls. so he stated he will be playing catch up and if it goes too long, there may not be enough time. you have to figure once the parties have thier convention G.O.P will vote G.O.P. and dems for dems. but more dems vote. so McCain is going to have to sway those dems over. and if he has only a month, that may not be enough time. yes there are independents. but they too are 50/50 and will need to be swayed over in case dems are tuff.

Ah! there is an X factor that I haven't seen anyone mention. Take me for instance, I've been a registered Dem. from day 1, can't really say why since I've voted 75% of the time for someone other than Dem. In Louisiana the majority of the voters are Dem. and we almost always vote Repub. in a national election or for congressional elections.

We go Dem. on the local levels the majority of the time. :blink:

Ah! there is an X factor that I haven't seen anyone mention. Take me for instance, I've been a registered Dem. from day 1, can't really say why since I've voted 75% of the time for someone other than Dem. In Louisiana the majority of the voters are Dem. and we almost always vote Repub. in a national election or for congressional elections.

We go Dem. on the local levels the majority of the time. :blink:

My political science teacher once told me that thats how most people want the country to be run. Less power at the federal level, and more power at the state and local. they believe the federal govt. is there for national security and to solve disagreements between states. they believe states and local govt should be the one to enact and enforce laws. and to take care of the people. If you don't like the local govt, you could just move. less power to the federal, more to the states is the definition of G.O.P.

I think thats why most people fear the govt, because they are so far away. I don't believe state pride is alive like it was in the 1800, so yes, maybe the conversion to a central govt. is better. But it's still important to keep states separate. I don't want the same rules over in Chicago that they have in California.

I don't think the federal govt. should make any law imposing on gun ownership. but if a city wants to ban handguns, I'm fine with that. maybe if you put a vote up to the people, you can ban most guns in the state. Because if the people of Ill. does not want guns, they should have no guns, but i am outa here.

I run my house like a fucking king, my vote is the only one that counts, but it doesn't mean i want a king to rule me.

edited so i can say i edited to edit the edited part

Hillary does have a good mathematical shot at the nomination. the polling numbers don't suggest it, but if Obama skeletons start to come out again, those numbers will drop. Since Obama is running off of his words, not experience, the next thing does not have to be huge, it could be small and it will hurt him because thats all you know about the guy is all the bad things.

On another note, This election is something new to this generation. Gerald Ford in 1974 was the last POTUS to be president without being a former governor or a vice president. and he only became president because Nixon resign, who was the true last one in 1969. 39 years. So really, none of these guys have any experience, that the previous presidents have. Yeah i guess you can say Hillary since she's married to a former Gov. and president. When Hillary states she will be ready on day one, she will be, she is like any other girl, she probably has her whole cabinet picked out, what they will all wear. It's like a wedding for her.

But all of these guys will be picking a Gov. as their running mate. Usually you don't pick big names for V.P. like Chenny, Gore, Quayle, Bush, Mondale. so this will all be new.

Weren't Gerald Ford and (appointed VP under Ford) Nelson Rockefeller the only non elected members of the oval office in US history?

Spiro Agnew resigned as VP under Nixon. Ford was then appointed VP and when Nixon resigned that put Ford in as President so Rockefeller was appointed as VP then.

Odd time in political history.

Weren't Gerald Ford and (appointed VP under Ford) Nelson Rockefeller the only non elected members of the oval office in US history?

Spiro Agnew resigned as VP under Nixon. Ford was then appointed VP and when Nixon resigned that put Ford in as President so Rockefeller was appointed as VP then.

Odd time in political history.

He was the fifth person not to be elected to the POTUS, but is the only one to never win a Natl. Election. everybody else won the POTUS or was a congressmen. if the Next POTUS dies, the next guy most likely a Gov. will be the second one.

nelson rockefeller never was president, only V.P. maybe you are talking about something else.

He was the fifth person not to be elected to the POTUS, but is the only one to never win a Natl. Election. everybody else won the POTUS or was a congressmen. if the Next POTUS dies, the next guy most likely a Gov. will be the second one.

nelson rockefeller never was president, only V.P. maybe you are talking about something else.

I meant neither one were on a ballot to be elected into EITHER office, by 1974-75. Each were appointed. I don't remember about others, it would've been before my time and I'd assume, yours too. :D

I meant neither one were on a ballot to be elected into EITHER office, by 1974-75. Each were appointed. I don't remember about others, it would've been before my time and I'd assume, yours too. :D

Yes you are right, nelson was appointed to be VP so was Ford, but you had the word oval office in their, and that means POTUS only. so i assumed you ment just POUTS only. ford was appointed to president without ever winning a federal election and nelson was appointed VP without winning a federal election.

Hillary does have a good mathematical shot at the nomination. the polling numbers don't suggest it, but if Obama skeletons start to come out again, those numbers will drop. Since Obama is running off of his words, not experience, the next thing does not have to be huge, it could be small and it will hurt him because thats all you know about the guy is all the bad things.

You say Hillary has a "good mathematical shot" at the nomination, but I can't help but

notice that you don't back your assertion up with a mathematical explanation.

Show me what it would take mathematically for Hillary to win the nomination. You say Obama's polling numbers will drop if more skeletons come rattling out of his closet. Ok then, by all means please do prove your point by showing me how far Obama's numbers would in fact have to drop in order for Hillary to actually "have a good mathematical shot at the nomination". Please show me the percentages Hillary would have to win the remaining primaries by in order for her to get enough pledged delegates, popular votes, and/or superdelegate support to win the nomination.

Show me the math, Pb. I'd love to see it! :cheer:

munchies.gif

[why do I have a hunch you wont be able, and/or willing, to show me the math? :whistling::P ]

Archived