• John Edwards
    • Mike Huckabee
    • John McCain
    • Barack Obama
    • Ron Paul
    • Mitt Romney
    • Bill Richardson
    • Fred Thompson

I'm not defending Wright. I am, however, agreeing with him that the media does pick-and-choose to suit their own purposes. Sad, but true.

Well unless he said, "Look at what this piece of shit said", before he read the quote. I don't know why would you read something unless you agree with it.

Even the guy whom Rev. wright said he quoted from, said that he never wrote or said it. Then Rev.Wright said the media picks and choses soundclips. well that was the soundclip that the church put on their DVD. so it's only his fault.

I know that Rev.Wright did alot of good, but their are people who done as much good as him, but they don't say words like that.

Rev. Wright did say he was a marine, so he does love his county. Well Lee harvey Oswald was a marine, did he love his country. He said Dick Chenny never served, well nor did Obama. DO they not love America because they did not serve. and McCain spent 5 years as a P.O.W.

Well I know where Rev. Wright lives and the day i drive past his house and see an american flag and the globe and anchor flying above his house, is the day that point is valid. and don't forget the yellow ribbon around the tree.

Well i believe one candidate represent the good of the American people and whats to stop the enemies of this great nation, while the other will say anything to get elected so he can change America so the people who don't respect this country and it's opportunity it presents, can take more advantage of its williness to help people who refuse to make it on thier own. Steal from the rich, give to the poor

After watching rev wrights comments at the National Press Club this morning it appears to me that he is intent on sabotaging nobama's chances of winning the presidency. All of this "he speaks as a politician, I speak as a pastor" stuff sounds like he's accusing him of lying to me. If nobama gets elected president it kind of shoots wrights whole black oppression spiel to hell.

nobama.jpg

I'm not defending Wright. I am, however, agreeing with him that the media does pick-and-choose to suit their own purposes. Sad, but true.

I understand but i guess the point i was making was

If it bleeds it leads.

Just like the Iraq War and the enconmy.

What was the thing you and I were bitching about a weeks back? I forgot.

I do wish the Rev. Wright will go away. It's going to be anti climatic when McCain is getting 60% of the vote. I want Thrilla in Manila to be a play date when compared to this election. I want Rumble in the Jungle be a reference to the Jethro Tull song and not the fight. There will be blood. should be McCain Slogan.

Obama: "I had 53% of the vote before Rev. Wright came along. where did it go,"

McCain: "I drink your milkshake" "Damn right, it's better than yours" "I could teach you but i have to charge"

back to grand theft auto and P.T.I.

I'm curious, for those of you who don't agree with Rev. Wright's comments... What is it exactly that you disagree with him about? Please give the statement of his you disagree with And your reason for disagreeing with him.

The list would be too long to post here. Suffice it to say he's a pastor I'm an atheist. I doubt there are many things we would agree on.

"It's all mine! It's all mine! IT'S ALL MINE!"

Sounds like the movie 'BEDLAM' (w/ Boris Karloff) where the one old loony in the asylum kept telling everyone that he was 'THE GREATEST LAWYER'...........

:D

I'm curious, for those of you who don't agree with Rev. Wright's comments... What is it exactly that you disagree with him about? Please give the statement of his you disagree with And your reason for disagreeing with him.

I don't believe Americas chickens have came home to roost.

I don't believe America invented AIDS to kill off the blacks.

Not god damn America,no, no, no, no, god bless America.

It's the U.S.of A. not U.S. of KKK

I do believe when Rev. Wright said that Obama was just acting like a politician. Willing to say anything to get a vote.

As i said before, he does good things for the black community, but if he can't help his own people with out putting down another, he is doing no good at all.

Need we have to do that????? Now the latest thing he has spewd is that if Obama is elected President Nov. 4th he will "go after him as leader" of this g.d. country.......to paraphrase. Sounds like a threat to me.

Only being able to vote once will bring down the democrats vote totals in Nov.

Voter-Identification Law Upheld by U.S. Supreme Court

April 28 (Bloomberg) -- The U.S. Supreme Court gave Republicans an election-year victory, ruling in an Indiana case that states can require photo identification from voters to combat fraud.

The court, voting 6-3, rejected Democratic contentions that the Indiana law will impose an unconstitutional burden on voters, particularly the elderly and poor. The Indiana measure, which will be in effect for the state's presidential primary on May 6, is by some accounts the nation's strictest voter-ID law.

source

Brent Scowcroft Echoes Obama: We Need To Talk To Enemies

April 28, 2008

Brent Scowcroft, the national security adviser to Presidents Gerald Ford and George H.W. Bush, said on Monday that he agrees with the position, stated mainly by Sen. Barack Obama, that the U.S. would benefit from having direct talks with the leaders of its most distrusted adversaries.

"Absolutely," said Scowcroft, when asked by The Huffington Post whether he thought the next president should meet with the likes of Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. "It's hard to make things better if you don't talk."

Scowcroft, a former Air Force general who is widely considered to be one of the preeminent foreign policy minds in the United States, was appearing at an event with Henry Kissinger at Georgetown University.

*source*

------------

Put that in your pipe and smoke it, Pb. :P

:beer:

:hippy:

I'm not missing the point at all. I'm dismissing (refuting actually) your claims

that Obama is unelectable and that McCain will win in a landslide against him.

By the time the election rolls around McCain is gonna be looking like Mr Magoo. Really. He's already forgetting, and contradicting, from one day to the next what's he saying on the campaign trail; he keeps making mistakes about crucial foreign and domestic policy issues, and he has his legendary flip-flopping track record to contend with. With each passing month between now and November his candidacy is going to be more and more exposed for the farce that it is.

You'll see.

Furthermore, democrats of all colors and stripes.. be they liberals or so-called 'Reagan democrats'.. will vote for Obama in the general election. The democratic party WILL unite behind Obama. Only the most embittered of Clintonistas may not vote for Obama. Race will NOT be an issue for democrats. Anti-Black race bias is an issue among 'conservatives' / 'republicans', not democrats. And make no mistake about it, bro, once Obama gets the nomination, Hillary will be singing a vastly different tune about Obama's electability. She (and Bill) will be enthusiastically urging Clinton supporters to support and vote for Obama.

..and they will.

Count on it. ;)

The last two elections saw huge voter turnouts.. for both parties.

This year democratic voters will turnout in even greater numbers.. all across the

country.. whereas republican voter turnout will undoubtedly drop off.. all across the country.

[independents will probably split between Obama and McCain. It'll likely be a wash, and even if independents do edge toward McCain (which I think is unlikely), it wont be enough to overcome the enormous (perhaps record-breaking) voter turnout you're gonna see from Obama-supporting democrats.]

Connect the dots, friend. Pragmatically. ;)

I like you too, Del, but I think you're kidding yourself if you believe republicans will generate anywhere near as much enthusiasm for supporting McCain (or opposing Obama) as democrats will have in their support for Obama.

It's gonna come down to voter turnout and in that scenario I like Obama's chances. B)

:beer:

Ain't no way the Clinton machine will ever get behind an Obama nomination. Maybe ceremonialy they will, but they want Obama to fail. Don't for one minute assume that the Clintons are not looking to 2012 now as their target date or reconquest. Even if McCain wins he will be in his late 70's and probably not likely to win a 2nd term for many other reasons.

I'm actually ejoying all of the chaos (as Rush Limbaugh terms his 'Operation Chaos') going on in the Democratic pary.

I'll make you a bet. If Obama wins the general election, I will put an Obama banner on my sig here at L.Z. com for the period from election day through inaguration day in 2009. And the sig can have other liberal fun stuff and sayings too. But if Obama gets the nomination and then loses to McCain, you have to put one on your sig for the same amount of time. But I want my winning banner to have some great Republicans included on it, like Reagan and Nixon (as I'm not actually a McCain fan).

Is it a deal?

Now I know some people here can make up some cool banners, so this ought to be really interesting. Maybe it could be part of it's own thread. With banner ideas for the "Hermit vs. Del election day throwdown" subitted by other members. PM me if you think this would be a sporting idea to be pursued further.

PS. I suppose of Hillary gets the nomination by some fluke, then we will have to make some other kind of bet, okay?

So the Natl. security advsior of two former presidents, not themselves, but thier advisors said talks will be good.

so that means

Hamas support of Obama means a good thing right? I mena they only want to kill us right?

0417_difference.jpg

Could an pastor of hate for twenty years can also be an advisor, just like Bill Ayers, whom he said he had discussions with.

Maybe those talks would look like this.

obama.jpg

While i smoke my pipe, don't spill that koolaid

OBAMATIMEMAG.jpg

Ain't no way the Clinton machine will ever get behind an Obama nomination. Maybe ceremonialy they will, but they want Obama to fail. Don't for one minute assume that the Clintons are not looking to 2012 now as their target date or reconquest. Even if McCain wins he will be in his late 70's and probably not likely to win a 2nd term for many other reasons.

I agree with this. They know that if they hadn't gotten caught flat footed counting their chickens before they were hatched early on they would be ahead now.

The reason the G.O.P. is not excited about McCain, is they are more excited that Obama may be the Dem. Nom. In which all they have to do is pick out what kind of music do they want to play during McCain inauguration.

jockey_2.jpg

:lol:

I actually used to have a similar lawn jockey that I got as a gift. Mine was an antique that sort of went along with some of my collection of other eclectic folk art, including a cigar store Indian and Americana.

I never kept the lawn jockey in the front yard, but did have it in my rose garden in the back for awhile. I have since passed the lawn jockey on to my uncle who actually has it on his front porch.

Btw, I traded it to him for civil war era clock.

But Del. this may be true

66qx2.jpg

People like this are easily divided and conquered....

...or just distracted by emotionaly charged 30 second TV ads.

That is the price of being stupidly idealistic.

It looks like BO has another sleazy deal to try to explain away.

Ill. grant to Obama donor questioned

WASHINGTON – After an unsuccessful campaign for Congress in 2000, Illinois state Sen. Barack Obama faced serious financial pressure: numerous debts, limited cash and a law practice he had neglected for a year. Help arrived in early 2001 from a significant new legal client – a longtime political supporter.

Chicago entrepreneur Robert Blackwell Jr. paid Obama an $8,000-a-month retainer to give legal advice to his growing technology firm, Electronic Knowledge Interchange. It allowed Obama to supplement his $58,000 part-time state Senate salary for more than a year with regular payments from Blackwell’s firm that totaled $112,000.

A few months after receiving his final payment from EKI, Obama sent a request on state Senate letterhead urging Illinois officials to provide a $50,000 tourism promotion grant to another Blackwell company, Killerspin.

Killerspin specializes in table tennis, running tournaments nationwide and selling its own line of equipment and apparel and DVD recordings of the competitions. With support from Obama, other state officials and an Obama aide who went to work part time for Blackwell’s firms, the company eventually obtained $320,000 in state grants between 2002 and 2004 to subsidize its tournaments.

Obama’s staff said the senator advocated only for the first year’s grant – which ended up being $20,000, not $50,000. The day after Obama wrote his letter urging awarding of the state funds, Obama’s U.S. Senate campaign received a $1,000 donation from Blackwell.

source

Tom Hayden Looks at Clinton's 60s Past

April 27, 2008 12:35 PM

In The Nation, former 60s radical Tom Hayden -- in an essay called "Why Hillary Makes My Wife Scream" -- hammers Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-NY, for attacking Sen. Barack Obama, D-Illinois, for his association with former Weather Underground member William Ayers. "Hillary is blind to her own roots in the sixties," Hayden writes. "She was in Chicago for three nights during the 1968 street confrontations. She chaired the 1970 Yale law school meeting where students voted to join a national student strike again an 'unconscionable expansion of a war that should never have been waged.' She was involved in the New Haven defense of Bobby Seale during his murder trial in 1970, as the lead scheduler of student monitors. ... She wrote that abused children were citizens with the same rights as their parents.

"Most significantly in terms of her recent attacks on Barack, after Yale law school, Hillary went to work for the left-wing Bay Area law firm of Treuhaft, Walker and Burnstein, which specialized in Black Panthers and West Coast labor leaders prosecuted for being communists. Two of the firm's partners, according to Treuhaft, were communists and the two others 'tolerated communists'. Then she went on to Washington to help impeach Richard Nixon, whose career was built on smearing and destroying the careers of people through vague insinuations about their backgrounds and associates. ...

"All these were honorable words and associations in my mind, but doesn't she see how the Hillary of today would accuse the Hillary of the sixties of associating with black revolutionaries who fought gun battles with police officers, and defending pro-communist lawyers who backed communists? Doesn't the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, whom Hillary attacks today, represent the very essence of the black radicals Hillary was associating with in those days? And isn't the Hillary of today becoming the same kind of guilt-by-association insinuator as the Richard Nixon she worked to impeach?"

The list would be too long to post here. Suffice it to say he's a pastor I'm an atheist. I doubt there are many things we would agree on.

Ok, I understand that. What about Newton's 3rd Law? do you believe in that?

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

I don't believe Americas chickens have came home to roost. (I do believe we have a poor Foreign Policy)

I don't believe America invented AIDS to kill off the blacks.(I'm not familiar with him talking about AIDS given to blacks but he did talk about syphilis being given to blacks... Tuskegee)Not god damn America,no, no, no, no, god bless America. (he was saying the bible would damn America based on what it says)

It's the U.S.of A. not U.S. of KKK (offensive yes, racist country??? hmmm yes, do people on both sides need to get over it?? Yes)

I do believe when Rev. Wright said that Obama was just acting like a politician. Willing to say anything to get a vote. (Barack did what he needed to do to distance himself from the harsh words that most people in this country can't handle hearing and at the same time tried to explain the situation of race in America, I thought he did a fantastic job talking about the resentments of blacks and whites)

As i said before, he does good things for the black community, but if he can't help his own people with out putting down another, he is doing no good at all.

Ok, I understand that. What about Newton's 3rd Law? do you believe in that?

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

I'm more of an Einstein guy, Newtonian motion breaks down at the quantum level. What does that have to do with this btw?

Archived