• John Edwards
    • Mike Huckabee
    • John McCain
    • Barack Obama
    • Ron Paul
    • Mitt Romney
    • Bill Richardson
    • Fred Thompson

I needed Obama to show me sumthin today.. and he did. B)

The O-train rolls on! :thumbsup:

..and Rev Wright will soon be fading-into-the-distance. :wave:

:rolleyes:

Whatever you say Hermit.

We will see what happens but looks to me like Barack is trying to explain why he prayed with a pastor before he prayed against him!

that is all political spinning... the media has taken this issue and put it at the forefront of American issues.

Actually, nobama himself said wright is a legitimate issue. That's why he's trying so hard to throw him under the bus now. Too little too late I think. The damage is done. If he had come out in Philadelphia and said what he said yesterday instead of that load of hooey he came up with, we wouldn't be talking about the rev now.

The big question is, how many of his core supporters will abandon him now? Most of them agree with the rev. If wright stays in the news and the 2 of them keep going at it, I don't see how that can be helpful for BO. They both have said the other disrespected them, that sounds pretty serious and personal to me.

I posted the video of obama saying he was pissed at Rev. Wright for not thinking about his campaign first. He wasn't pissed Sunday and even defended Rev. Wright, but Tuesday he was pissed because it hurt his campaign. BUt he never thought of this as a issue before even though he prayed with his ex-pastor before he annouced to be running for POTUS, but Rev. Wright was not invited to watch it. In fact he was disinvited only two days before by the Obama Campaign. I wonder if Rev. wright feels like all the white girls Obama slept with in college, you know, he was used by obama to get ahead, but once the family (media) came to vist, he had to find sombody else because it would'nt be politicaly correct.

Maybe Obama can go on Bill Moyers. Im sure Bill has some softballs left.

We will see what happens but looks to me like Barack is trying to explain why he prayed with a pastor before he prayed against him!

:lol:

cheers!

:beer:

cbr,.. seeing as though you have a heightened awareness of anything

suggestive of flip-flopping.. does it bother you at all that John McCain

flip-flops more than a pancake chef at a Sunday brunch buffet?

:whistling:

:P

A video of BO and wright from the last few days

Thanks for posting that! Great video.

It shows that Wright it so over-the-top that

he's beyond being taken seriously anymore.

It shows that Obama is so even keeled, reasonable,

and thoughtful that he deserves to be taken seriously.

Wright' has made himself a non-issue.

An embarrassment? Yes.

A buffoon? Absolutely.

An issue? Not any more.

Go Obama!! :cheer:

Wright' has made himself a non-issue.

An embarrassment? Yes.

A buffoon? Absolutely.

An issue? Not any more.

You're right, rev. Wright is not an issue anymore. The gigantic hole in the titanic wasn't the issue in the final moments, it was getting the fuck off of that sinking ship as quick as possible. The issue now is if Hillary can have a real good showing on Papa Bear show tonight. If she does, you be wishing Rev. Wright was still the issue.

I still like your logic that Rev. Wright is such a buffoon that, even though Mr. Obama spent 20 years praying with him and the last month defending him, people can't possibly think Obama thinks like that. How much has Obama donated to the Rev. Wright cause? because Hermit, Rev. wrights new house is only a mile down the road and it looks pretty big to me.

Of course this isn't the same man he meet 20 years ago, Obama was on drugs back then, Everybody is different when you're on drugs.

Does everybody knows how Obama became a senator. It's Quite funny

Obama first Opponent was a guy name Jack Ryan.

Jack Ryan had the last name of the Governor who was on trail at the time for selling truck drivers license to bad drivers. Which led to a family of 9 dying in a car crash.

But that didn't hurt Ryan as much, you see, Ryan was married to a Hollywood actress Jeri Ryan, whom divorced him the year before. Somehow, the divorce records were released, even though both Jack and Jeri said no. the divorce records which was not flattering. If you read the actual records, I'm sure every women can claim the same thing on their husband. The worst part was Jack wanted to have sex with his wife in public.n Jack Ryan quit 3 months before the election. So in the great wisdom of the Illinois G.O.P., which still had it leader in jail, renominated Alan Keys, who moved into Illinois the day before. They had three debates, and even the liberal media in Chicago stated that Keys kicked obama ass, so they chalked it up that Keys was too smart to be senator of Illinois, that obama had the passion. So Keys won almost every county in Illnois, but got creamed in Cook county, home of Chicago.

Does everybody knows how Obama became a senator. It's Quite funny

Obama first Opponent was a guy name Jack Ryan.

Jack Ryan had the last name of the Governor who was on trail at the time for selling truck drivers license to bad drivers. Which led to a family of 9 dying in a car crash.

But that didn't hurt Ryan as much, you see, Ryan was married to a Hollywood actress Jeri Ryan, whom divorced him the year before. Somehow, the divorce records were released, even though both Jack and Jeri said no. the divorce records which was not flattering. If you read the actual records, I'm sure every women can claim the same thing on their husband. The worst part was Jack wanted to have sex with his wife in public.n Jack Ryan quit 3 months before the election. So in the great wisdom of the Illinois G.O.P., which still had it leader in jail, renominated Alan Keys, who moved into Illinois the day before. They had three debates, and even the liberal media in Chicago stated that Keys kicked obama ass, so they chalked it up that Keys was too smart to be senator of Illinois, that obama had the passion. So Keys won almost every county in Illnois, but got creamed in Cook county, home of Chicago.

To summerize... Jack Ryan is gross. Barack Obama won against Alan Keyes. And Yea Chicago! Oh and Barack won with 70% of the vote!(Keyes had 27%) Hello!

National gas tax.

Hillary wants to join the McCain bus of glory now.

Obama has said it will not help..much. so he is oppose to it.

In 2002 he voted for it in the Illinois congress in which it passed. He liked it so much, he didn't even remove his vote after it passed!

Gas tax pays for the care of the roads, in which congress choses were that money goes. You can make a great case for that being pork spending.

Guess who on top of that list. Obama has the second most pork out of any politicians.

Guess whose on the bottom with no pork. John McCain.

Isn't Obama known for trying to clean up govt. wastefully spending while he is on top of wastefully spending.

You're right, rev. Wright is not an issue anymore. The gigantic hole in the titanic wasn't the issue in the final moments, it was getting the fuck off of that sinking ship as quick as possible. The issue now is if Hillary can have a real good showing on Papa Bear show tonight. If she does, you be wishing Rev. Wright was still the issue.

:hysterical:

You slay me, Pb. :D

To whom, I wonder, do you think it will matter

how Clinton does in an interview with Bill O'Reilly?

:rolleyes:

How many Papa Felafel Show viewers (die hard republicans) do you

think will switch from supporting Obama to supporting Clinton based

on Hillary Clinton having "a real good showing" on the O'Lie-ly Factor?

:whistling:

Maybe you think Hillary's performance on PB's show will cause republican

voters to switch from supporting Obama to supporting McCain,.. is that it?

:P

Yeah it was a yawwwwn. Thats why obama fell asleep in his church for the last 20 years and now he wants to run this country. Is he able to get up in case that 3a.m. call wakes his tired ass up.

The only people who will continue to consider Rev Wright an issue will be people, like you, who aren't going to vote for Obama anyway and who were never going to vote for Obama. Those who support Obama aren't going to change their minds based on this; and those voters who are as yet truly undecided will weigh this issue against the many other issues that are at stake in this election, and in that regard Rev Wright simply isnt going to stack up as a worthwhile issue. Obama has made a clean and decisive break with Wright's ideas and with Wright himself. It's over with.

You want this to be a front and center "issue" not because you actually care (or want to understand) why Obama would go to Wright's church for 20 years, but simply because you think political points can be scored against Obama by talking about Rev Wright rather than talking about:

* Obama's economic policies vs McCain's more-of-the-same-Bush economic policies;

* Obama's foreign policy ideas vs McCain's more-of-the-same-Bush foreign policies;

* Obama's vision for a new energy policy vs McCain's more-of-the-same-Bush energy policies;

* Obama's health care policies vs McCain's more-of-the-same-Bush health care policies;

* etc, etc, etc.

So yeah,.. I can certainly understand why you're so desperate for Rev Wright to continue to be an issue, Pb. The alternative is that you'd have to start comparing and contrasting Obama and McCain,.. undoubtedly an extremely dispiriting prospect for any republican. But try as you might to cling to Rev Wright as an issue, the fcat of the matter is that most American's don't care about raving lunatic preachers.. they care about matters that are more pertinent to their own lives and that are far more relevant to America as a nation.. both domestically and globally.

In this election, this issue isn't Rev Wright;... "it's the economy, stupid". ;)

..and the war(s).

..and health care.

..and gas prices.

..(and upcoming Supreme Court nominations).

Then again,.. the dynamics of the entire campaign could change if Hillary

has a really, really, really good showing on the Papa Felafel Show.. right? :P:lol:

* Obama's economic policies vs McCain's more-of-the-same-Bush economic policies;

Sorry Hermit. the recession is officially over. In fact it never started

6 years of growth.

Maybe Obama can end that trend and finally get that recession the Dem's been hoping for.

* Obama's foreign policy ideas vs McCain's more-of-the-same-Bush foreign policies;

Yes more attacks, Yes we can. With obama help, we can end those lines in the airport and get the terrorist busy of what they do best, killing us. Don't worry about Iran, just talk to them and make sure they only hit Iseral with the nukes.

* Obama's vision for a new energy policy vs McCain's more-of-the-same-Bush energy policies;

What vision, oh wait he just screams global warming, while McCain is a ecofreindly Republican. Isn't Obama doing the same thing as McCain.

* Obama's health care policies vs McCain's more-of-the-same-Bush health care policies;

Yes more money to the unwilling to work. yes, natl health care which will not work because nobody wants to pay for it.

* etc, etc, etc.

Hermit. Bush isn't running. I know you wish he was becasue he would be a easy beat.(just like2004). So comparing Obamas polices against Bush is well not smart.

Yeah it was a yawwwwn. Thats why obama fell asleep in his church for the last 20 years and now he wants to run this country. Is he able to get up in case that 3a.m. call wakes his tired ass up.

I noticed you failed to quote the Falwell bit. I guess you were one of those suckers under his spell when the heavens dowsed you with a few gusts of stale framented air.

And for an instance if you want anyone to take you seriously that is of American citizenship or any fellow bewildered, strapped foreign citizen of the same like mind, you must either first come clean with your inabilitiy to remove the oil well from your ass or the petrolium-based koolaid from your frig. Coming from an old-school republican like myself, its just another slap in the face to what American politics could and damn well should be after all these years. You and your pompus delusions that our country is fine as day, or just in a short rut, is a waste of decent bantering space reserved for the ones who banter with integrity. You show no signs of such promise, or ever have for that matter. Just another failing voice for the wrong cause.

What is it that you have learned about Barack that makes you want Hillary? the whole Rev. Wright thing??? that is all political spinning... the media has taken this issue and put it at the forefront of American issues. I have other concerns... like what debt to pay off with my rebate check or should I just put it in the bank account to pay for gas for the rest of the year...

Many people choose to go to church... and I really don't believe in God the way church's teach it, but many people believe it that way and that's up to them. I think it's ridiculous to think that if you aren't baptized you won't get into heaven... but hey! a ton of people believe that! I don't necessarily hold it against people though even as I think it's complete stupidity. It happens to be a popular view and I accept that, I don't agree with it, I just accept it as what is.

Separation of Church and State People! It's a good thing.

Ummm...... your post makes no sense to me.

Hillary is reaching out to common man, something that seems to be foreign to Obama. I like her compassion and she seems to be more "in touch" with the issues that impact middle class America. Just my perception. Is it okay with you if I have an opinion that differs with yours? :unsure:

This whole Wright fiasco is ...yawwwwwn.

He's got a loose tongue, like most pastors with lots of microphones. Jerry Falwell used to ration tornadoes in the Midwest as an act of God to cleanse the immoral ways of the people.

I noticed you failed to quote the Falwell bit. I guess you were one of those suckers under his spell when the heavens dowsed you with a few gusts of stale framented air.

And for an instance if you want anyone to take you seriously that is of American citizenship or any fellow bewildered, strapped foreign citizen of the same like mind, you must first either come clean with your inability to remove the oil well from your ass or the petroleum-based koolaid from your frig. Coming from an old-school republican like myself, its just another slap in the face to what American politics could and damn well should be after all these years. You and your pompus delusions that our country is fine as day, or just in a short rut, is a waste of decent bantering space reserved for the ones who banter with integrity. You show no signs of such promise, or ever have for that matter. Just another failing voice for the wrong cause.

I'm sorry Bonzo, i just thought saving you the trouble of rereading the whole post or even just putting of what i thought was only valid to my point.

But if you wanna me to answer the Falwell point. I will

I have said before that McCain has people he should not be dealing with, but McCain didn't act stupid and sit there for 20 years and played dumb to the media that loved him at the time of his famous race speech. The point of me questioning Rev wright issue is the fact Obama is not a clean person anymore. He smells like shit just like every other politician i ever know. After that, Obama has to run on exp. and on the issues. Once it becomes Liberal vs. Conservative sort of a race, america can decide which way they want america to go.

I'm sorry Bonzo, i just thought saving you the trouble of rereading the whole post or even just putting of what i thought was only valid to my point.

But if you wanna me to answer the Falwell point. I will

I have said before that McCain has people he should not be dealing with, but McCain didn't act stupid and sit there for 20 years and played dumb to the media that loved him at the time of his famous race speech. The point of me questioning Rev wright issue is the fact Obama is not a clean person anymore. He smells like shit just like every other politician i ever know. After that, Obama has to run on exp. and on the issues. Once it becomes Liberal vs. Conservative sort of a race, america can decide which way they want america to go.

It's been a Liberal vs. Liberal vs. Neo-conservative race for months and in the end, it may prove too much for the Democratic Party. Too many Democrats are throwing their arms up and calling everyone who denounces the on-going slug fest as morons for trying to interrupt the 'process.' Well, that's because Democrats are largely pigheaded. Always have been. Always will be. My fear on this waining hour of ours is the 'fear' will ensume us to make the wrong choices come the fall and further enslave our freedoms and threaten our national safety. I long for the day, like most in this country, when a real leader will step in and take the reigns and give a big kick to the face of the all the special interests, big corporations, sideshow funnel lobbiests and anyone who dare challenge the progress of this nation. I'm becoming more and more enchanted to believe that if our leaders continue to pocket the devil's seed of limey greed, we as rightful and dutiful citizens should rebel in full force which it is our born and bread duty as American citizens.

Now cooler heads should prevail in this mess, but if past political alliances and outside influences paint any contrast over the history of our country, its a shrude and dismal color that belongs in the gutter. I make no illusions that this election defines this generation, but what of the generation itself? This is not some movement of 60s past. This is a sleeping giant awaiting guidance to the promised utopia that is the great illusion of our own doing: The American Dream. And as we all eventually learn, that Dream has long since been a bourden amongst believers and has driven even the sanest and daring to the brink of insanity.

Hey Pb.. (aside: does "Pb" stand for "Papa babybear"?)..

How'd Hillary's appearance on The Papa Felafel Show go tonight?

I'm eager to hear all about it! hyper.gif

Did she change the dynamic of the campaign?

Did she have any success re-stoking the Rev Wright controversy?

Did PB ask her if she'd be worrying where Bill might be at 3AM if she gets elected?

Did PB hit on her?

Come on, man!.. spill the beans!

[Then again, nevermind. I'll catch the (comedic) highlights on The Daily

Show with Jon Stewart and/or on Countdown with Keith Olberman. B) ]

Hermit. Bush isn't running. I know you wish he was becasue he would be a easy beat.(just like2004). So comparing Obamas polices against Bush is well not smart.

I realize Bush isnt running, but McCain is running on the same policies as Bush,

hence the phrase I repeated "McCain's more-of-the-same-Bush polices". See? ;)

And btw.. comparing Obama's policies to McCain-Bush policies is well smart.

Not for McCain,.. but certainly it is for Obama.. according to the latest polls. ;)

------------------

NBC/WSJ Poll: Bush a liability for McCain

A new poll says Bush — not Wright or Bill Clinton — is voters' main concern

WASHINGTON - Sen. Barack Obama’s ties to the Rev. Jeremiah Wright could hurt his presidential hopes. So could his comment about “bitter” small-town America clinging to guns and religion. And Americans might question Sen. Hillary Clinton’s honesty and trustworthiness.

But according to the latest NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll, the bigger problem appears to be John McCain's ties to President Bush. In the survey, 43 percent of registered voters say they have major concerns that McCain is too closely aligned with the current administration.

That Bush might be the biggest albatross heading into November’s presidential

election is yet another sign of the difficult environment facing the Republican Party.

Other signs of this?

According to the poll, 73 percent of respondents disapprove of Bush’s handling

of the economy and 81 percent believe the United States is in a recession.

“You look at the political atmospherics, they are so clearly tilted to the Democrats,” said

Republican pollster Neil Newhouse, who conducted the survey with the Democratic pollster Peter D. Hart.

*source*

-----------------

Put that in your pipe and smoke it, Pb. :P

While you're at it,..

here,.. load up again and take a double-hit, muh-man. ;) -->

----------------

Obama closing in on Clinton's advantage among superdelegates

WASHINGTON — Barack Obama is closing in on Democratic presidential rival Hillary Rodham Clinton's advantage among superdelegates, building on his lead in the primary race even as he faces troubled times.

Party leaders are encouraging superdelegates to pick a side by late June to prevent the fight from going to the national convention in August, and it seems some are listening as the race enters its final five weeks of voting.

Clinton had a big jump start among superdelegates, many of whom have ties to the Clintons and backed her candidacy early on. But most of the superdelegates taking sides recently have gone for Obama, who has won more state contests.

Obama trails Clinton by just 21 superdelegates, 243-264, cutting her lead in half in less than two months. This week, he picked up seven delegates to her four.

*source*

-----------------

Pow.

Go Obama!! :cheer:

Ummm...... your post makes no sense to me.

Hillary is reaching out to common man, something that seems to be foreign to Obama. I like her compassion and she seems to be more "in touch" with the issues that impact middle class America. Just my perception. Is it okay with you if I have an opinion that differs with yours? :unsure:

of course it's ok. sorry if the post makes no sense to you.. I was refering to your comment of - the more you learned about Barack the more you wanted Hillary. Sorry that makes no sense to me ;)

And.. I was going to vote for either candidate, I was happy to give my vote to either democrat but that changed when she started insulting Obama and his voters. I do believe that she turned this primary ugly back in February. I wanted to see them on the same ticket! That doesn't seem possible anymore. She started getting real ugly when she started losing.

Archived