• John Edwards
    • Mike Huckabee
    • John McCain
    • Barack Obama
    • Ron Paul
    • Mitt Romney
    • Bill Richardson
    • Fred Thompson

What does that have to do with the situation in Iraq or Afghanistan or China? I didn't get it. Like the military is solving any problems now? right. They are at the mercy of the government. A government in transition and in total mayhem. what the fuck do the god damn Marines have to do with it? Are you a former jarhead? Once a jarhead always a jarhead. If not, please explain.

Yes, i was a marine once but i claim it no more. All I'm saying that no matter who becomes the next POTUS, they and the rest of the military will be there to clean up the mistakes of those who think they have failed at their mission. If we pull out of Iraq before Iraq can protect it own self, they will be more than happy to go back in and fight Iran. Even though, no president will ever send troops back to Iraq after it's withdrawal even when Iran walks right in on their way to Israel. But as i stated before, no POTUS is going to pull the troops out until Iraq can support itself, They have four years to get them out without it being a campaign issue. I just resent the fact they are giving false hopes to millions of people out there. Even if McCain or even Bush is president for the next four years, they will see the pullout of most of the troops. I would like a 20,000 troops station in Iraq for our benefit until foreign oil and the problems in the middle eat are taken care of, even if its takes 100 years.

I'm am not for Hillary, but the facts presented at the beginning of the war warrant an invasion, as facts change, opinions change.

I don't care who wins.

However, Hillary, as a woman, might use her womanly wisdom, and improve things. Certain important things. Not everything. She may cause great harm in other areas, but she might be good for other reasons.

She might also fight the whole "woman" thing, and be tough as nails, which may be a bad thing, because then her job will become a personal ego, prove to everyone she can be tough as a man thing.

Obama says the right thing all the time. May do great things or may bomb.

McCain. Old, outdated, but maybe not so much. I would love "change" and some sort of exciting new thing, but we may need that crusty old fart at this moment.

The world is a bad place.

Hermit, my friend, has told us all that Hillary is out of it. I disagree and actually will probably vote for her. I'm warming up a vintage '94 Oval Office cigar just for the inauguration!!

GO HILLARY!!!

Just don't wear a blue dress with it...

Thank you, Bigstick and Zosodude. It's amazing how many people still don't have/grasp the info you have given here. I thought that stuff was common knowledge, but apparently (or impossibly) it's not.

Yes, I agree,.. thank you zoso and bigstick.

And you're right, Suz,.. it is (or should be) common knowledge. Ever since it became clear that the neocon-infested Bush admin lied [cherry-picked the intel they used] to push the invasion, it's been fully apparent what this war has been about. Those on the far right.. Bush supporters and other die hard our-party-and-country-can-do-no-wrong republicans.. simply refuse to acknowledge the truth of it. They're either self-deluded willing dupes, passive accomplices, or they actually support an agenda that is driven by power and greed. They choose to support lies; they choose to turn a blind eye to the truth; or they participate in the active distortion of the truth and the abandonment of democratic principles.

To understand the war, all anyone need do is follow the money trail. Who has benefitted from the war in Iraq? The Iraqi people? The American people? No. The beneficiaries / profiteers have been a handful of corporations with ties to the neocons who architected the war and other Bush administration cronies:

Halliburton

KBR

Blackwater *Iraq For Sale*

Exxon-Mobile

Bechtel

..and more.

In the process of carrying out this travesty, the Bush administration has taken fear mongering to all new self-serving lows. They've begun spying on American citizens; bastardizing the US Constitution in the process. They've engaged in torture and extraordinary rendition, making America accomplices in much more severe forms of torture than waterboarding and stress positions. They've abandoned such fundamental democratic principles as due process.

The war in Iraq has not made America any safer from the threat of radical Islamic terrorism. Al Qaeda and the Taliban are still threats. The war in Iraq has been a national security strategic failure, but it has been an astounding success to those corporations who have profited from it. John McCain has supported all of it,.. including torture. And today McCain inadvertently admitted that the war was about oil, ie "money".

Anyone who votes for John McCain is casting a vote of approval for the Bush Iraq war policies, and is voting for the war.. and the bastardization of the US Constitution.. to continue. And that doesn't even mention the numerous domestic agenda failures of the Bush administration.. policies that McCain supports and would continue.

How anyone could even begin to consider voting for More Of The Same (Old Same Old) McCain is completely beyond me. It requires a suspension of reality and rational thinking that can only be described as self-delusion.. or ignorance.. or complicity. Neither Hillary Clinton nor Barack Obama are perfect human beings nor perfect politicians.. but they are, without a doubt, better for America (and the world) than More Of The Same McCain.

:hippy:

Go Obama!! :cheer:

If she gets the nomination,.. I'll be voting for her too, Scotty. B)

And I'll be looking forward to seeing you in a Monica-blue dress

smoking a Bubba-era Oval Office cigar on inauguration day. :D

Ok then,. enough fantasy-for-laughs. Barack to reality..

..whatcha gonna wear for Obama's inauguration, bro?

^_^

If she gets the nomination,.. I'll be voting for her too, Scotty. B)

And I'll be looking forward to seeing you in a Monica-blue dress

smoking a Bubba-era Oval Office cigar on inauguration day. :D

Ok then,. enough fantasy-for-laughs. Barack to reality..

..whatcha gonna wear for Obama's inauguration, bro?

^_^

I'm cool either way, but I don't think you should count her out yet.

If Obama wins, no cigar! It's a Clinton thing....... :unsure:

I'm looking forward to the General Election, should be a lot of fun!

Thank you, Bigstick and Zosodude. It's amazing how many people still don't have/grasp the info you have given here. I thought that stuff was common knowledge, but apparently (or impossibly) it's not.

An 85 year old WW2 vet told me he's never seen things so fucked up as they are now. And yes, he did say "fucked up."

You're confusing "common knowledge" with the beliefs of a certain group. Obviously not all agree on these fact's/ talking points.

Did you all see McCain's latest gaff? Basically talking about how we will never have to go to war again for oil....his energy policy will "prevent us from having ever to send our young men and women in to conflict again in the middle east". :lol: OOPS! Oh, is that why we are there... don't tell Bush that. :lol: I hope they play that over and over again. He has screwed up so many times now, but I think that one is going to stick.

You're confusing "common knowledge" with the beliefs of a certain group. Obviously not all agree on these fact's/ talking points.

Uncle Bill, In their world that is common knowledge. They sit around the dinner table talking about all the bad things in the world, while their child is choking on his pee's and carrots.

In our world, we get shit done.

I think this is going to be one of nobama's biggest problems come fall:

Blacks wrestle with Obama-Wright rift

Washington - In disowning his former pastor Tuesday, a month after saying he could never do so, Sen. Barack Obama walked a very fine line: He had to renounce a prominent black preacher who had become a political problem without alienating African-American voters, a bedrock of his support, for whom churches are often a center of community life.

"Your pastor is your No. 1 man in the neighborhood," says Mr. Durrah, a Democrat who says neither Obama nor Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton had inspired him enough to vote in the District of Columbia primary.

"But Obama stepped backwards on" Wright, Durrah said early Wednesday on his walk home from work. "I'm wondering why he's cutting ties with the man."

"Some see the renunciation as helping Obama with the working-class white voters he has struggled to attract. But it could soften support among African-Americans, prompting some to stay home in the general election if it helps crystallize a picture of him as out of touch, analysts say.

Blacks have been Obama's staunchest supporters, voting for him in some states by margins as high as 9 to 1. The North Carolina primary Tuesday is the last contest where a large percentage of Democratic voters – some 38 percent – are black. But analysts say any political fallout among African-Americans is more likely to be seen in November. "

source

I think this is going to be one of nobama's biggest problems come fall:

Blacks wrestle with Obama-Wright rift

Washington - In disowning his former pastor Tuesday, a month after saying he could never do so, Sen. Barack Obama walked a very fine line: He had to renounce a prominent black preacher who had become a political problem without alienating African-American voters, a bedrock of his support, for whom churches are often a center of community life.

"Your pastor is your No. 1 man in the neighborhood," says Mr. Durrah, a Democrat who says neither Obama nor Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton had inspired him enough to vote in the District of Columbia primary.

"But Obama stepped backwards on" Wright, Durrah said early Wednesday on his walk home from work. "I'm wondering why he's cutting ties with the man."

"Some see the renunciation as helping Obama with the working-class white voters he has struggled to attract. But it could soften support among African-Americans, prompting some to stay home in the general election if it helps crystallize a picture of him as out of touch, analysts say.

Blacks have been Obama's staunchest supporters, voting for him in some states by margins as high as 9 to 1. The North Carolina primary Tuesday is the last contest where a large percentage of Democratic voters – some 38 percent – are black. But analysts say any political fallout among African-Americans is more likely to be seen in November. "

source

If the blacks really do not vote for obama because how he disowned his pastor when it was politically correct for him to do so, even though i don't agree with them, it shows me that people can overcome racism, even when their whole life revolves around playing the card.

Still, they could put up the grand dragon from the KKK and as long as he is a democrat, they will still vote overwhelming for them. Bush only got the 10% of the black vote in both elections.

Even McCain stance on Net neutrality and Stem cell is something I totally disagree with him on, but i don't go around saying his stance his respectable and that only he can make a decision on that. NO. he's pandering to the church leaders of the world. D you know why i say that, because I don't drink the Koolaid.

Uncle Bill, In their world that is common knowledge. They sit around the dinner table talking about all the bad things in the world, while their child is choking on his pee's and carrots.

In our world, we get shit done.

You guys must be brothers, or lovers. Can't distinguish the train of thought between either one of you. What is common knowledge is the Bush Administration used the Constitution to commit selfish acts of shady business with the sole purpose of creating revenue for their interest groups. I guess the two of you fall into the category of the few who make more than 250,000 a year and get those nice, fat tax breaks. Either that or you married your own sisters and live in a small trailer out abouts the old Yellow Creek and watch WWE wrestling after skinning your fresh copperheads for dinner.

The whole lot should be tried for extortion, lying to the American People with the direct consequence of putting them and the world in harms way (ie, financial collapse), and abusing the US Constitution.

If any of the Founding Fathers were alive, they'd hang his ass. Maybe yours too for following such garbage.

And don't drag the US Military into this, trying to paint the Marine Corps. in a certain light. The military has nothing to do with this. They are just pawns who follow orders. That's their job and we all know they do the best they can everytime. Unfortunately for you and McCain, more than 6/10 of our troops stationed overseas like Obama better than Clinton or McCain. I guess they smell the shit too. Oh wait, they're knee deep in it and McCain expects them to keep shoveling. I don't think my cousins joined the Marine Corps. to shovel someone else's shit for 100 years.

Hello again icantquityouoverthehillsandfarawayabsolutetonic. Can't stay away, eh? Your name keeps changing, your M.O. never does.

You know what gives it away?

Not only the fact that he is, thus far, one of the only pure-Bill supporters here, but that he never gives himself an av. Oh yeah, and isn't it funny how everytime one Bill fan is booted, another takes its place?

Eerie

You know what gives it away?

Not only the fact that he is, thus far, one of the only pure-Bill supporters here, but that he never gives himself an av. Oh yeah, and isn't it funny how everytime one Bill fan is booted, another takes its place?

Eerie

What is it with you people from Detroit. More concerned with getting people banned than with the issues. Do you want this forum to have just one opinion? Just Obama supporters? Is there such a thing as freedom of speech. I have been a Zeppelin fan since 1970. You have no right to think you are better than me.

No, there is no true freedom of speech on a members-only internet forum. It's a privilege, not a right. It's like having a house party, and someone gets out of line, the hosts have a right to ask them to leave and not come back. The fact that some people just can't take their medicine and find somewhere to go where they're wanted is pretty sad.

And to clarify, you haven't been repeatedly banned for your political views...you've been repeatedly banned because you've been an abusive, belligerent a-hole who nobody likes.

No, there is no true freedom of speech on a members-only internet forum. It's a privilege, not a right. It's like having a house party, and someone gets out of line, the hosts have a right to ask them to leave and not come back. The fact that some people just can't take their medicine and find somewhere to go where they're wanted is pretty sad.

And to clarify, you haven't been repeatedly banned for your political views...you've been repeatedly banned because you've been an abusive, belligerent a-hole who nobody likes.

Speak for yourself. I have friends here. I pm them and they pm and email me you dickhead.

What is it with you people from Detroit. More concerned with getting people banned than with the issues. Do you want this forum to have just one opinion? Just Obama supporters? Is there such a thing as freedom of speech. I have been a Zeppelin fan since 1970. You have no right to think you are better than me.

I have never once advocated anybody be banned. Ever. I just think it's funny how you keep coming back and dropping the same shit that got you banned in the first place. I don't wish you to be banned. But it's not up to me kiddo, it's up to the admin.

We vote for presidents to make the ultimate sacrifice. American lives. Was dropping the A-bamb right for the world, No, but was it the best thing Truman can do for this country, yes. Your Friend joined the marines to make himself better. For us to pay for his college education, we ask him to do his best for the country. Unless we decide as a country to be self reliant on everything, we must do the dirty work of the world since they are the ones who made who we are by buying our goods and selling us theirs.

I believe Obama, Hillary and McCain will do what right for this country, but atleast McCain is not selling hopes of a fast return for the troops, when they know they will not pull the troops out of Iraq immediately and once they are out they are shipping them of to Afghanistan. But than again Pres, Carter went and talked to Hamas, so Im starting to wonder if Obama and Hillary is that dumb to pull us out when Iraq is not ready.

I have never once advocated anybody be banned. Ever. I just think it's funny how you keep coming back and dropping the same shit that got you banned in the first place. I don't wish you to be banned. But it's not up to me kiddo, it's up to the admin.

Well I guess you didnt get my pm. Or you arent willing to let things go?

Well I guess you didnt get my pm. Or you arent willing to let things go?

I was reading something online, got lost in it, time flew, etc.

I have no problem with you staying. At all. Never have. But immediately reacting to everyone who argues against you with, "You're blind [insert insulting name]" is honestly ridiculous. Calm your ass down. Take a deep breath, and engage in rational, thoughtful conversation. Not hard.

I was reading something online, got lost in it, time flew, etc.

I have no problem with you staying. At all. Never have. But immediately reacting to everyone who argues against you with, "You're blind [insert insulting name]" is honestly ridiculous. Calm your ass down. Take a deep breath, and engage in rational, thoughtful conversation. Not hard.

Please tell that to the caveman. He really needs a new pic.

Please tell that to the caveman. He really needs a new pic.

This is what I'm talking about, right here. This is why you get banned. Shut the hell up and mind you're own damn business. His pic is what he chooses to make it. Not you.

Jesus Christ, you're as bad as spats

You guys must be brothers, or lovers. Can't distinguish the train of thought between either one of you.

Either that or you married your own sisters and live in a small trailer out abouts the old Yellow Creek and watch WWE wrestling after skinning your fresh copperheads for dinner.

By any standards you have marginalized your opinion and clearly lost this debate. Personal attacks are not welcome and if you keep it up someone will undoubtedly report you to admin like they do with ICQYB/ LZ4/ overthehillsandfaraway/ absolutentonic on a regular basis.

Have a nice day. B)

Archived