• John Edwards
    • Mike Huckabee
    • John McCain
    • Barack Obama
    • Ron Paul
    • Mitt Romney
    • Bill Richardson
    • Fred Thompson

I never said that I'm going to vote for McCain. I am part of the 31% who thinks all the problems in America are caused by liberals.

Gas prices are up because we haven't built an oil refinery in 30 years and we can't drill in places were there is vast amounts of oil. Since the 25% of the corn in this country goes to make ethanol, (which makes more pollution to make than it saves) everything that uses Corn like Food, and cows makes the food prices go up, plus with the added cost of oil because we can't drill or refine it properly makes it a double whammy. HMMMMM I wonder why we don't improve Solar efforts... Oh yeah, because once the technology is up and running they can't charge for you for the sun or the wind for that matter! Hey look, there are other options besides drilling in more places and setting up more refineries.

Clinton fell asleep during his eight years. Hence 9/11. Yes the economy was strong, but when the Internet gets going in your term, it's petty hard to slow it down, and when the Internet bubble popped, so did the economy. Yeah it's all Clinton's fault right? Please..

50 million Americans need health care, 12 million are illegal immigrants, which helping them cost more money than the Iraq war. It's those liberal who need those votes so they invented sanctuary cities, which goes against federal law, so when an gang banger (whom the Dem's don't want longer sentences for) is illegal citizen, gets lets out of jail, he goes back to his gang banging ways in the U.S.A., not back to Mexico. So, the Immigration problem is about the liberals needing their votes?... this just gets better and better... When conservatives/republicans don't know the answers, they just blame liberals. Good strategy.

Liberals claim freedom of speech from everything to flag burning to NAMBLA. nambla.... EWW. The First Ammendment. Sometimes it makes you wonder, but it is still the First Ammendment, there are acceptions out there though.

They don't want more gun laws, they want only one gun law, no guns. FALSE!, not all of them feel that way.

Liberals like the idea of a 14yearold girl crossing state lines to get a third term abortion (or worst) and not have to tell their parents. THAT is ridiculous and ignorant to think that is the arguement

They want more taxes, but not from everybody, just the ones who actually pay 90% of the taxes Read my lips... No New Taxes... oops.

More of the Same McCain means no more terrorist attacks and 4 years of added growth on top of the last 6 years. 9-11 happened on Bush's watch.

Liberals think Audacity should be alowed to talk about little girls, so in his place I present this.

Liberals.jpg

Don't forget some of our finest in the military vote democrat. They aren't all republicans.

HMMMMM I wonder why we don't improve Solar efforts... Oh yeah, because once the technology is up and running they can't charge for you for the sun or the wind for that matter! Hey look, there are other options besides drilling in more places and setting up more refineries. Yes their are other options, but it will take 50 years for solar and wind power to take over as Americas main energy needs, but if you build two more refineries and dig a few holes, in 5 years, gas will never climb over $2 again and in 20 we wont have to be in the middle east anymore with the help of alternative energy. Any new refinery will be paid by the oil companies, so America can spend as much as they want on alternative resources.

Clinton fell asleep during his eight years. Hence 9/11. Yes the economy was strong, but when the Internet gets going in your term, it's petty hard to slow it down, and when the Internet bubble popped, so did the economy.

Yeah it's all Clinton's fault right? Please. So if Iraq and Iran teams up and bombs Israel and new York during obamas term, will you guarantee me you won't blame bush?

So, the Immigration problem is about the liberals needing their votes?... this just gets better and better... When conservatives/republicans don't know the answers, they just blame liberals. Good strategy. No, we have a plan, kick all those illegal immigrants out and beef up the boarder, problem solved, why don't we do it, we have laws that says we could, but it's the liberals who block that law.

They don't want more gun laws, they want only one gun law, no guns. FALSE!, not all of them feel that way. True, not all Republican are gun totting idiots.

Liberals like the idea of a 14yearold girl crossing state lines to get a third term abortion (or worst) and not have to tell their parents. THAT is ridiculous and ignorant to think that is the argument. Mr. Obama supports third term abortions and have voted against laws that will not allow underage girls to cross state lines to get an abortions and not have to tell their parents.

More of the Same McCain means no more terrorist attacks and 4 years of added growth on top of the last 6 years. 9-11 happened on Bush's watch. Once again So if Iraq and Iran teams up and bombs Israel and new York during obamas term, will you guarantee me you won't blame bush?

^^ I won't blame Bush when terrorists attack, I think it's obvious that the terrorists are the ones to blame, however, I don't like scare tactics from Republicans that they are the only ones who can thwart these attacks and my point there is.. we were attacked on their watch, it's a weak arguement on their part.

I think blaming a past admin. is a worthless argument. Something as large as 9-11 is complicated and blame isn't on anyone except the ones who were involved in carrying it out. Who all is involved in carrying it out is anyone's guess.

Something I agree with on "The Huffington Post" for once.

The Obama Democrats' Ostrich Moment

"Hillary's only hope is that the super delegates will come to their senses and realize that Barack Obama's relationships with the corrupt Tony Rezko, the racist-wife stealing Jeremiah Wright, and the unrepentant terrorist Bill Ayers will provide the Republicans with ammunition they have never had at hand to use against the Democrats' candidate. This is particularly true of that flag stomper, Bill Ayers."

"This is not a question of whether or not the Republicans will use this material. They will. So what is there to find? That is the area of greatest danger for the Democrats. Obama has lied about his longstanding relationship with Bill Ayers.

Why? What is he hiding? As I have pointed out before, 1995 was a critical year in the Obama/Ayers relationship. It was in 1995 that Barack was tabbed by Ayers to be the Chairman of the Annenberg Challenge (a failed $50 million project). That same year, Barack sat at a kitchen table with Bill Ayers and Bernardine Dohrn, Bill's wife, a plotted the ouster of Alice Palmer, who Obama took down in order to secure his place in the Illinois state senate.

If the Super Delegates do not insist on a full and complete disclosure from Barack Obama about his ties to Bill Ayers, the Republicans will force the issue in the fall. It is one thing to have a name that sounds like the terrorist who attacked us on 9-11. But it is an entirely different matter to be close friends with an unrepentant terrorist who bombed U.S. Government buildings.

There is no where to run. The relationship is genuine. This is a stonewall that will not stand."

features_ayers1.jpg

source

^^Interesting view... btw, has the Bush family ever had to come out and explain their ties to the Bin Laden family? I don't think so, and if you ask me, it's a hell of a lot more significant that Bush has financial business ties to the Bin Laden's than Barack having committee chair ties with anti-war freak turned professor Bill Ayers.

Obama basically has the nomination now, we're all just waiting for the Hillster to bow out gracefully... we will be seeing Barack Obama in the Oval office January 2009. :)

Ah,.. I see.

so then..

..you must be among the 19% of the population who

who think America is heading the right direction, eh?

:unsure:

..and even though GWB has the lowest approval rating of any modern

American president (65% disapproval rating), you must be among the

31% of the population who approve of the job Dumbya's doing,.. eh?

:blink:

It's not A or B Hermit, it's not just black and white (pun not intentional). Barack in office wouldn't bother me, nor would McCain (I really don't think he's as similar as Bush as you and the liberal media make him out to be). I simply don't want Hillary.

This country's going to hell and I honestly don't think any of the remaining candidates can change that, I just think Hillary'd make it worse :P

^^ I won't blame Bush when terrorists attack, I think it's obvious that the terrorists are the ones to blame, however, I don't like scare tactics from Republicans that they are the only ones who can thwart these attacks and my point there is.. we were attacked on their watch, it's a weak arguement on their part.

I think blaming a past admin. is a worthless argument. Something as large as 9-11 is complicated and blame isn't on anyone except the ones who were involved in carrying it out. Who all is involved in carrying it out is anyone's guess.

9/11 wouldn't have happened if Clinton didn't lose the balls to take out Osama when he had the chance

9/11 wouldn't have happened if Clinton didn't lose the balls to take out Osama when he had the chance

Another thought..... 9-11 might not have happened if someone would have payed attention to the intelligence. Instead Bush believed bad intelligence about Saddam and went into Iraq.

Another thought..... 9-11 might not have happened if someone would have payed attention to the intelligence. Instead Bush believed bad intelligence about Saddam and went into Iraq.

So what came first the chicken or the egg.

The United States would never went into Iraq at the time, if 9/11 didn't happen.

So what came first the chicken or the egg.

The United States would never went into Iraq at the time, if 9/11 didn't happen.

my point was the intelligence was there about 9-11, they dismissed it. And it just so happens that the intelligence about WMD was bad, but they went with it.

^^Interesting view... btw, has the Bush family ever had to come out and explain their ties to the Bin Laden family? I don't think so, and if you ask me, it's a hell of a lot more significant that Bush has financial business ties to the Bin Laden's than Barack having committee chair ties with anti-war freak turned professor Bill Ayers.

Obama basically has the nomination now, we're all just waiting for the Hillster to bow out gracefully... we will be seeing Barack Obama in the Oval office January 2009. :)

I hadn't heard Bush was running for a third term. Or maybe he's going to pull a Putin and name himself prime minister eh?

The house had fallen on Hillary, we're just waiting for the slippers to curl up.

oh, please. :rolleyes:

When Clinton did launch missiles at OBL, republicans accused him of having done

so merely to create a distraction ("wag the dog") from the Monica Lewisnky issue.

So at the time (1998) repubs criticized him for doing too much..

..and after 9/11 they criticize him for not having done enough. :rolleyes:

I wonder what might have happened if republicons had

genuinely supported Clinton's strikes at OBL in 1998, eh?

..and by "supported" I mean if they had united behind him in going after OBL rather

than having played Lewinsky/'wag the dog' politics with a national security issue. <_<

Wannabe, although we have differing points of view on a number of political issues, I consider you to be a fairly thoughtful, reasonable guy. Surely you can see, and will admit, that republicans did America a disservice by playing 'wag the dog' politics in 1998 and that they are now, in hindsight of 9/11, being disingenuous in claiming Clinton didn't do enough to get OBL. The truth of the matter is that not only did repubs not support Clinton doing more to get OBL, they questioned, criticized, politicized, and undermined what he did do to go after OBL. You can see, and are willing to acknowledge, that.. can't (and aren't) you? :whistling:

For your consideration..

What President Clinton did/said:

U.S. missiles pound targets in Afghanistan, Sudan

The El Shifa Pharmaceutical Industries factory lies in ruins, hit by U.S.

cruise missiles; Retaliation for bombing of U.S. embassies in eastern Africa

August 20, 1998

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Saying "there will be no sanctuary for terrorists," President Clinton on Thursday said the U.S. strikes against terrorist bases in Afghanistan and a facility in Sudan are part of "a long, ongoing struggle between freedom and fanaticism." American cruise missiles pounded sites in Afghanistan and Sudan Thursday in retaliation for the August 7 bombings of U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania.

U.S. officials say the six sites attacked in Afghanistan were part of a network of terrorist compounds near the Pakistani border that housed supporters of Saudi millionaire Osama bin Laden. American officials say they have "convincing evidence" that bin Laden, who has been given shelter by Afghanistan's Islamic rulers, was involved in the bombings of the east African embassies.

In the Sudanese capital, Khartoum, the El Shifa Pharmaceutical Industries factory -- which U.S. officials say was housing chemical weapons -- was also attacked. Pentagon sources confirmed to CNN that the attacks were made with cruise missiles, not aircraft. The missiles were fired from ships in the Red Sea and the Arabian Sea. The simultaneous attacks took place about 1:30 p.m. EDT.

In a brief comment made before his departure, the president said, "Today, we have struck back."

*source*

a sampling of what repubs said:

Sen. Arlen Specter (R-PA):

There’s an obvious issue which will be raised internationally about the response here as to whether there is any diversionary motive involved. … I have deliberated consciously any references to Ms. Monica Lewinsky, but when you ask the question in very blunt terms, the president’s current problems have to be on the minds of many people.” [CNN, 8/20/98]

Former Sen. John Ashcroft (R-MO):

“‘We support the president out of a sense of duty whenever he deploys military forces, but we’re not sure - were these forces sent at this time because he needed to divert our attention from his personal problems?‘ Ashcroft said during the taping of a TV program in Manchester, N.H.” [st. Louis Post-Dispatch, 8/21/98]

Rep. Pete Sessions (R-TX):

“I’m very supportive of the strike that has happened, but I will tell you that the timing is very questionable. This was the day that Monica Lewinsky has gone back to the grand jury, evidently enraged. Certainly that information will be overshadowed.” [Dallas Morning News, 8/21/98]

Former Sen. Dan Coats (R-IN):

“Coats (R-IN), a member of the Senate Armed Services Committee, said in a statement, ‘While there is clearly much more we need to learn about this attack and why it was ordered today, given the president’s personal difficulties this week, it is legitimate to question the timing of this action.‘” [CNN, 8/20/98]

Former Rep. Dave Weldon (R-FL):

“Although most in Congress rallied around Clinton on Thursday, two Republican U.S. senators and one Central Florida congressman broke with the tradition of standing behind a president during a foreign crisis. Sen. Daniel Coats, R-Ind., Sen. Arlen Specter, R-Pa., and U.S. Rep. Dave Weldon, R-Palm Bay, publicly questioned Clinton’s motives in launching the attacks so soon after his public admission of a sexual relationship with Monica Lewinsky. … ‘The president has, indeed, broken the trust of the American people, and these are legitimate questions that must be answered.’” [Orlando Sentinel, 8/21/98]

Former Rep. Bob Barr (R-GA):

“All I’m saying is if factors other than good intelligence, military necessity, being prepared for the consequences entered into it, then it is wrong, and it appears that one of those factors that may have entered into it is to take something that could have been done a week ago and do it today in an effort to divert some attention.” [Fox News, 8/20/98]

*source*

Also for your consideration:

What George W. Bush did..

..in response to an August 6, 2001 PDB (Presidential Daily Briefing)

titled "Bin Laden Determined to Attack Inside the United States":

Nothing.

slapface.gif

getting back on topic:

More Of The Same McCain is not acceptable! :thumbdown:

It's time for a change! Go Obama!! :cheer:

oh, please. :rolleyes:

When Clinton did launch missiles at OBL, republicans accused him of having done

so merely to create a distraction ("wag the dog") from the Monica Lewisnky issue.

So at the time (1998) repubs criticized him for doing too much..

..and after 9/11 they criticize him for not having done enough. :rolleyes:

I wonder what might have happened if republicons had

genuinely supported Clinton's strikes at OBL in 1998, eh?

..and by "supported" I mean if they had united behind him in going after OBL rather

than having played Lewinsky/'wag the dog' politics with a national security issue. <_<

Wannabe, although we have differing points of view on a number of political issues, I consider you to be a fairly thoughtful, reasonable guy. Surely you can see, and will admit, that republicans did America a disservice by playing 'wag the dog' politics in 1998 and that they are now, in hindsight of 9/11, being disingenuous in claiming Clinton didn't do enough to get OBL. The truth of the matter is that not only did repubs not support Clinton doing more to get OBL, they questioned, criticized, politicized, and undermined what he did do to go after OBL. You can see, and are willing to acknowledge, that.. can't (and aren't) you? :whistling:

For your consideration..

What President Clinton did/said:

a sampling of what repubs said:

Also for your consideration:

What George W. Bush did..

..in response to an August 6, 2001 PDB (Presidential Daily Briefing)

titled "Bin Laden Determined to Attack Inside the United States":

Nothing.

slapface.gif

getting back on topic:

More Of The Same McCain is not acceptable! :thumbdown:

It's time for a change! Go Obama!! :cheer:

I have almost zero time to write a response, but some good posted stuff there Hermit. I was just saying that we had the chance, nothin else. Blame Bush all you want, but Clinton had the oppurtunity and lost it. I don't blame it on either of them, rather I blame Osama

Yep, thats the Dem's in a nutshell, looking at the polls before looking at the facts. Clinton was so worried about his poll numbers that he stop attacking!

It's kinda like how Obama didn't disown his pastor until it showed in the polls that he could and not catch shit from his base. Yep just like a typical left wing politician to follow the polls.

Yep 3,000 dead Americans in New York because Bill didn't have the balls to carry out what he thought was right, and 4,000 dead soldiers in Iraq because Bush did have the balls to stop this shit for once and for all.

Yep Obama better check the polls before he comes back to Washington to vote on the housing reform Bill. I'm sure if the gas tax holiday bill comes up for a vote in the senate, I'm sure he'll take a look at that and vote yes, or present like he did 130+times before, or vote No and once the bill pass, goes back and asked his vote to be changed to Yes, because of a missed press button, like he did 8 times before on key issues.

Maybe if Obama wasn't such a dick, he could solve the problems that the people of Illinois have, instead of playing basketball with UNC or bowling a 37. Maybe if he wasn't a dick, he would actually be the person who he says he is, not some dick he goes to a church for 20 years so he can get elected. This is the reason the Gov. of Illinois didn't run for president, because he wasn't a dick with a failing govt. in Illinois

4,000 dead soldiers in Iraq because Bush did have the balls to stop this shit for once and for all.

Quite possibly the dumbest post I've ever read on this board.

Congrats, you've just proven your IQ is in line with our current president's.

Yep 3,000 dead Americans in New York because Bill didn't have the balls to carry out what he thought was right, and 4,000 dead soldiers in Iraq because Bush did have the balls to stop this shit for once and for all.

Actually, Pipeboy,.. Clinton did carry out what he thought was right.. he struck at al Qaeda and supporters of terrorism.. in both Afghanistan and Sudan. He just didn't get any republican support behind it, that's all. Republicans were more interested in playing wag the dog politics than they were in keeping Americans safe. Rather than rally around Clinton.. the POTUS and Commander in Chief who struck back at an enemy who'd attacked US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania [killing 224 people, including 12 Americans, and injuring 5,000 others].. the repubs played Lewinsky/wag the dog politics instead.

That wasn't very.. uhh.. "patriotic" of them thar republicons, now was it? <_<

:whistling:

btw.. you seem kinda angry, dude. :unsure:

Hmm.. then again,.. maybe you're just.. "bitter".

..eh? :P

:cheer:Obama in '08!!:cheer:

"President Obama"

How ya like the sound of that, Pipeboy? :P:lol:

:beer:

No veep slot for Clinton, please.

Ted Kennedy quote:

"I don't think it's possible. Obama should choose a running mate who is in tune with his appeal for the nobler aspirations of the American people. If we had real leadership, as we do with Barack Obama, in the no. 2 spot as well, it'd be enormously helpful."

Ouch.

I think it will be Colin Powell.

no He won't. he will be great and since he and McCain are the most anti-bush G.O.P. out here, it will already kill the already failing Third Bush term McCain.

1. He has no sense of politics, but i guess if youre the VP, you just need a brain.

2. he is almost as old than John McCain and he would want a younger Govenor to back him up, like how obama will need somebody who spent more than a "weekend" in the senate.

as I stated, Condelezza Rice would be awesome and i was told if Hilrod and Obama bin Dickhead ran, the Repubs will send her out to counter act, but she is a little busy doing her job, unlike Bama. She could resign and Bush could appoint somebody else, but i have a feeling Pres. Carter fuck up with Hamas is going to persuade the Israeli to attack this year.

Mitt Romney and Mike Huckabee is on the short list but

I would look for Bobby Jindal, Gov. of Louisianan, to be it, He has all the gifts Obama has, but he base his campaign on solutions, not hopes and dreams.

Bobby_Jindal_official_109th_Congres.jpg

NEWT GINGRICH anyone

funny list about McCain VP pick

WARREN BUFFET. World's richest man can't hurt, in case the campaign needs a loan. Or the country.

JAMES EARL JONES. The most trusted voice in show business.

DAN QUAYLE. Knows the drill.

ED MCMAHON. Knows the drill AND he knows the intro: "Here's Joohhhnyyyyyy."

RONALD REAGAN. Quit pussyfooting around. It's what the base wants. Who cares if he's dead? How much less animated is that from his second term?

JEB BUSH. Ups the Bush streak to seven of last eight GOP tickets.

JOE LIEBERMAN. Invests campaign with bipartisan spin. Also returns "Joementum to national lexicon.

KAY BAILEY HUTCHISON. Takes "woman" thing out of play.

CINDY MCCAIN. Takes "woman" thing out of play, and keeps it in the family.

COLIN POWELL. Takes "black" thing out of play.

CONDOLEEZZA RICE. Takes "woman and black" things out of play.

GEORGE CLOONEY. Takes "woman" thing out of play.

JOAN RIVERS. Takes "old" thing out of play. "Woman" thing still in play.

LARRY KING. Takes "old" and "woman" things out of play.

ANDY ROONEY. Really takes "old" thing out of play. No, really.

ALAN GREENSPAN. Wasn't everything a whole lot better when he was in charge? And takes "old" thing out of play.

MARY CHENEY. Takes "lesbian" and "unwed mother" things out of play.

DICK CHENEY. What the hell. Something to be said for continuity.

FRED THOMPSON. Throws a bone to the conservative wing and makes candidate appear vibrant.

REGIS PHILBIN. A touch of Hollywood. Old Hollywood, but Hollywood nonetheless.

MIKE HUCKABEE. Plays popular former governor of Arkansas card.

RUDY GIULIANI. Sop to huge pro- choice, pro- gay rights, pro- gun control wing of the GOP. Not to mention NEW YORK.

HILLARY CLINTON. Wants it so bad, she'd cross the aisle for death-watch slot.

MICHAEL BLOOMBERG. Independents? You want independents? We got your independents right here.

MIA HAMM. Soccer Moms? You want soccer moms? We got your soccer moms right here.

DALE EARNHARDT JR. NASCAR dads? You want NASCAR dads? We got your NASCAR dads right here.

RON PAUL. Two words. Texas Dammit.

TOM CRUISE. Scientologists are to Republicans what vegans are to hippies.

ADMIRAL STOCKDALE. Because America loves second chances.

CHUCK NORRIS. Locks down Huckabee contingent and firms up "Total Kick Ass" presidential ticket.

ELIOT SPITZER Because America loves second chances.

THE VERIZON "CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW" GUY. Brings huge network with him.

PAT ROBERTSON. You want to suck up to the Christian Right. Then suck up to the Christian Right.

MITT ROMNEY. Just to exploit the incredible chemistry between the two.

CHER. Campaign will never suffer from lack of wigs.

BRETT FAVRE. Terrific name recognition. Needs a job. Sews up Wisconsin and Mississippi.

JOHN MADDEN. Who doesn't love John Madden? Brings total telestrator dominance to ticket.

KEIFER SUTHERLAND. What right winger doesn't love Jack Bauer? Torture question becomes moot.

TED WILLIAMS' HEAD. Future focused. Travel costs slashed. Low maintenance.

RUSH LIMBAUGH. If you can't beat them, conjoin them.

WILLIE NELSON. You have any idea of what percentage of this country smokes pot?

SNOOP DOG. Puts the shasizzle back in the campaignizzle.

STEPHEN HAWKING. Not American born. But who would quibble with smartest man in the world?

DONALD TRUMP. Makes everyone look humanoid in comparison.

SONNY VON BULOW. Like Terry Shiavo, only alive. And rich.

KARL ROVE. Assassination insurance.

DONALD RUMSFELD. See Karl Rove.

NEWT GINGRICH. See Karl Rove.

JACK KEVORKIAN. Looking to enter politics and makes top of the ticket lovable and youthful and animated. Also, see Karl Rove.

G. GORDON LIDDY. Because there comes a time when every president needs a human firewall.

Hi all,

Does anyone remember the dip-doodles in the both houses of Congress who went along with this?

So how in the heck is anyone,regardless who you vote for and cheerlead for the next POTUS,going to change a God damn thing,... :blink:

KB

Hi all,

Does anyone remember the dip-doodles in the both houses of Congress who went along with this?

So how in the heck is anyone,regardless who you vote for and cheerlead for the next POTUS,going to change a God damn thing,... :blink:

KB

Yeah the congress approval rating is 10 points lower than Bush's, who has the lowest rating of any president.

I blame the G.O.P. for not standing up for Bush, which is the reason they got killed in 2006. The Dems are just playing politics, if we would've sarted to dig in anwar back when it was up for vote in 2001, The project will still be 2 years from being finished, but gas prices will never went up this high when the speculators know help is on the way.

Anything's gotta be better than this guy:

Top 50 Bushisms

50. "I promise you I will listen to what has been said here, even though I wasn't here." —at the President's Economic Forum in Waco, Texas, Aug. 13, 2002

49. "We spent a lot of time talking about Africa, as we should. Africa is a nation that suffers from incredible disease." —Gothenburg, Sweden, June 14, 2001

48. "You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test.'' —Townsend, Tenn., Feb. 21, 2001

47. "We both use Colgate toothpaste." —after a reporter asked what he had in common with British Prime Minister Tony Blair, Camp David, Md., Feb. 23, 2001

46. "Tribal sovereignty means that; it's sovereign. I mean, you're a — you've been given sovereignty, and you're viewed as a sovereign entity. And therefore the relationship between the federal government and tribes is one between sovereign entities." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 6, 2004 (Watch video)

45. "I glance at the headlines just to kind of get a flavor for what's moving. I rarely read the stories, and get briefed by people who are probably read the news themselves." —Washington, D.C., Sept. 21, 2003

44. "I'm the commander — see, I don't need to explain — I do not need to explain why I say things. That's the interesting thing about being president." —as quoted in Bob Woodward's Bush at War

43. "I am here to make an announcement that this Thursday, ticket counters and airplanes will fly out of Ronald Reagan Airport." —Washington, D.C., Oct. 3, 2001

42. "The war on terror involves Saddam Hussein because of the nature of Saddam Hussein, the history of Saddam Hussein, and his willingness to terrorize himself." —Grand Rapids, Mich., Jan. 29, 2003

41. "I saw a poll that said the right track/wrong track in Iraq was better than here in America. It's pretty darn strong. I mean, the people see a better future." —Washington, D.C., Sept. 23, 2004

40. "Oh, no, we're not going to have any casualties." —discussing the Iraq war with Christian Coalition founder Pat Robertson, as quoted by Robertson

39. "I hear there's rumors on the Internets that we're going to have a draft." —presidential debate, St. Louis, Mo., Oct. 8, 2004 (Watch video)

38. "Haven't we already given money to rich people? Why are we going to do it again?" —to economic advisers discussing a second round of tax cuts, as quoted by former Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neil, Washington, D.C., Nov. 26, 2002

37. "We need an energy bill that encourages consumption." —Trenton, N.J., Sept. 23, 2002

36. "After standing on the stage, after the debates, I made it very plain, we will not have an all-volunteer army. And yet, this week — we will have an all-volunteer army!" —Daytona Beach, Fla., Oct. 16, 2004 (Watch video)

35. "Do you have blacks, too?" —to Brazilian President Fernando Cardoso, Washington, D.C., Nov. 8, 2001

34. "This foreign policy stuff is a little frustrating." —as quoted by the New York Daily News, April 23, 2002

33. "I got to know Ken Lay when he was head of the — what they call the Governor's Business Council in Texas. He was a supporter of Ann Richards in my run in 1994. And she had named him the head of the Governor's Business Council. And I decided to leave him in place, just for the sake of continuity. And that's when I first got to know Ken and worked with Ken." —attempting to distance himself from his biggest political patron, Enron Chairman Ken Lay, whom he nicknamed "Kenny Boy," Washington, D.C., Jan. 10, 2002

32. "It is white." —after being asked by a child in Britain what the White House was like, July 19, 2001

31. "I couldn't imagine somebody like Osama bin Laden understanding the joy of Hanukkah." —at a White House menorah lighting ceremony, Washington, D.C., Dec. 10, 2001

30. "For every fatal shooting, there were roughly three non-fatal shootings. And, folks, this is unacceptable in America. It's just unacceptable. And we're going to do something about it." —Philadelphia, Penn., May 14, 2001

29. "I don't know why you're talking about Sweden. They're the neutral one. They don't have an army." —during a Dec. 2002 Oval Office meeting with Rep. Tom Lantos, as reported by the New York Times

28. "You forgot Poland." —to Sen. John Kerry during the first presidential debate, after Kerry failed to mention Poland's contributions to the Iraq war coalition, Miami, Fla., Sept. 30, 2004

27. "I'm the master of low expectations." —aboard Air Force One, June 4, 2003

26. "I'm also not very analytical. You know I don't spend a lot of time thinking about myself, about why I do things." —aboard Air Force One, June 4, 2003

25. "I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe — I believe what I believe is right." —Rome, Italy, July 22, 2001

24. "We need to counter the shockwave of the evildoer by having individual rate cuts accelerated and by thinking about tax rebates." —Washington, D.C. Oct. 4, 2001

23. "People say, how can I help on this war against terror? How can I fight evil? You can do so by mentoring a child; by going into a shut-in's house and say I love you." —Washington, D.C., Sept. 19, 2002

22. "I wish you'd have given me this written question ahead of time so I could plan for it…I'm sure something will pop into my head here in the midst of this press conference, with all the pressure of trying to come up with answer, but it hadn't yet….I don't want to sound like I have made no mistakes. I'm confident I have. I just haven't — you just put me under the spot here, and maybe I'm not as quick on my feet as I should be in coming up with one." —President George W. Bush, after being asked to name the biggest mistake he had made, Washington, D.C., April 3, 2004

21. "The really rich people figure out how to dodge taxes anyway." —explaining why high taxes on the rich are a failed strategy, Annandale, Va., Aug. 9, 2004

20. "My plan reduces the national debt, and fast. So fast, in fact, that economists worry that we're going to run out of debt to retire." —radio address, Feb. 24, 2001

19. "You know, when I was one time campaigning in Chicago, a reporter said, 'Would you ever have a deficit?' I said, 'I can't imagine it, but there would be one if we had a war, or a national emergency, or a recession.' Never did I dream we'd get the trifecta." —Houston, Texas, June 14, 2002 (There is no evidence Bush ever made any such statement, despite recounting the trifecta line repeatedly in 2002. A search by the Washington Post revealed that the three caveats were brought up before the 2000 campaign — by Al Gore.)

18. "See, free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction." —Milwaukee, Wis., Oct. 3, 2003

17. "The British government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa." —State of the Union Address, Jan. 28, 2003, making a claim that administration officials knew at the time to be false

16. "In Iraq, no doubt about it, it's tough. It's hard work. It's incredibly hard." —repeating the phrases "hard work," "working hard," "hard choices," and other "hard"-based verbiage 22 times in his first debate with Sen. John Kerry

15. "The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him." —Washington, D.C., Sept. 13, 2001

14. "I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority." —Washington, D.C., March 13, 2002

13. "But all in all, it's been a fabulous year for Laura and me." —summing up his first year in office, three months after the 9/11 attacks, Washington, D.C., Dec. 20, 2001

12. "I try to go for longer runs, but it's tough around here at the White House on the outdoor track. It's sad that I can't run longer. It's one of the saddest things about the presidency." —interview with "Runners World," Aug. 2002

11. "Can we win? I don't think you can win it." —after being asked whether the war on terror was winnable, "Today" show interview, Aug. 30, 2004

10. "I just want you to know that, when we talk about war, we're really talking about peace." —Washington, D.C. June 18, 2002

9. "I trust God speaks through me. Without that, I couldn't do my job." —to a group of Amish he met with privately, July 9, 2004

8. "Major combat operations in Iraq have ended. In the battle of Iraq, the United States and our allies have prevailed." —speaking underneath a "Mission Accomplished" banner aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln, May 1, 2003

7. “We found the weapons of mass destruction. We found biological laboratories … And we'll find more weapons as time goes on. But for those who say we haven't found the banned manufacturing devices or banned weapons, they're wrong, we found them." —Washington, D.C., May 30, 2003

6. "Those weapons of mass destruction have got to be somewhere!" —President George W. Bush, joking about his administration's failure to find WMDs in Iraq as he narrated a comic slideshow during the Radio & TV Correspondents' Association dinner, Washington, D.C., March 24, 2004

5. "If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." —Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000

4. "There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." —Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002 (Watch video)

3. "Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country." —Poplar Bluff, Mo., Sept. 6, 2004 (Watch video)

2. "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004 (Watch video)

1. "My answer is bring them on." —on Iraqi insurgents attacking U.S. forces, Washington, D.C., July 3, 2003

Archived