Push pull pots

pinky

Push pull pots can do a couple things.

Switch between Series and parallel wiring for the pickups. Hum canceling effect

Switch the pickups between active and passive pickups mode.

Switch between single coil pickup to a split coil pickup. also a Hum canceling effect

Switch between different frequency's of a Treble/Mid/Bass. On my bass i could put the Mid boost/cut at 250hz or 800hz.

But they are normally a rotary switch (like a volume knob) with a integrated switch in which you can pull up the knob or push it down for the desire effect.

I took my guitar in for a wiring overhaul and I asked my guitar tech about setting up the system. He told me what it could do but recommended "why not just let the Les Paul be a Les Paul". I think he's right.

"why not just let the Les Paul be a Les Paul". I think he's right.

Because it's not that hard to do and gives you a lot more tonal flexibility. Plenty of humbucker guitars had switches like this from the factory, like the classic BC Riches or Carvins.

• 3 weeks later...
what exactly are the push pull pots on a les paul and how do they work and would I be able to put them on an Epiphone Les Paul.

Push pull pots are potometers that can be... well, pulled out or pushed back in so you can wire them for two modes.

You can install push pull pots on your les paul, but they're pretty useless unless you wire them for a certain mod. What mods you can do pretty much depends on your pickups (coil splitting, phase switching, series/parallel, etc).

• 1 month later...

I have the schematics for the "PageBucker" setup with the 500k Push-Pull pots. If anyone wants this then email me at SpecOpPres@msn.com. I'll give it to you.

I am looking to have this setup installed on my Gretsch Eletromatic, but might just throw it in my les paul.

The only problem is is having the skills to properly install it, I'm lucky and have a guy who a whiz at this and does it for a living.

Rock On!!! B)

Archived