MEAT IS MURDER!

Del Zeppnile

The only meat I crave is found in the photo thread.

Once in a blue moon I'll want a Crown Burger Pastrami Burger.

They make the best.

I'm not a total vegetarian, and would never be a vegan snob. I just think meat can be so gross. Especially hormone and antibiotic filled animals stuck in horrid living conditions.

There is some truth to "you are what you eat."

ROCK ACTION'S FUCKING AWESOME BARBECUED STEAK WITH MARSALA MUSHROOMS:

OK, this is my favorite way to grill a good steak. Recommended cuts are either a large filet, NY strip or ribeye.

First- THE CHARCOAL. Don't use that cheap shit. Royal Oak is the best, followed by Kingsford w/ mesquite. Regular charcoal doesn't properly flavor the meat. Better yet, use a mix of real oak and alder. That is perfect if you have those woods around. Start your coals and get 'em down to a nice gray color. But prior to that:

Season your steak with "Everglades Seasoning" if you can get it- if not use Season-All and a bit of garlic powder. Set the steaks aside for a few minutes and let the seasonings sink in a bit.

While the steaks are sitting, cut up two baskets of whole white mushrooms and put them in a skillet with butter and two teaspoons of minced garlic (available in jars, saves a lot of work). Cook over med-low heat. As the mushrooms, garlic and butter start to blend, douse the whole thing with a good amount of marsala wine and let it all simmer together over low heat. Do not overcook, or the mushrooms will shrivel away to nothing. Leave on the lowest heat setting when almost done.

Grill your steaks over the coals to the desired doneness. Put your steak on a plate and cover liberally with the marsala mushrooms.

YOWZA!! Serve with a nice hearty microbrew or a fine Cabernet. Oven roasted or baked potatoes are a perfect side.

The Everglades Seasoning is available online if you don't have it in your area. It's really worth getting. It also rocks on chicken and hamburgers.

gas-barbecue.jpg

Thank you.

I like meat, too. Prime Rib is my favorite. King of all red meat right there. I also like a good New York Strip. I also love Brisket... but the best kind of Brisket is the Kosher for Passover brisket. If literally melts in your mouth like butter. Also, I admit, I like Filet Mignon. And yes, I know what it is.

I do wonder if I'm the only one who likes tongue, though (and gutter-heads, I'm NOT talking about french-kissing a hot chick [or that hot chick above], though I do enjoy that, too :D):

df07_01-08_tongue.jpg

Carne Asado takes beef stew meat, garlic, onion, cumin, black pepper, olive oil, broth, and tomato sauce; other ingredients for the grocery list may include rice, refried beans, salsa, lettuce, tomatoes, shredded cheddar cheese, and tortillas.

Another way to make Carne Asada is with skirt steak, limes, garlic, salt, black pepper, onion; also shop for beans, rice, radishes, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt, serrano pepper.

That's right.

I actually think the best hamburgers are cooked on a griddle and not charbroiled on a bbq grill. When hamburger is allowed to cook in its own fat on high heat, the carmelization of the juices adds way more flavor than on a "char".

Now I've never been one to shy away from griddled or fried burgers either.

I've found the best at hole in the wall dives,not chains.My indoor burger skills need to be honed a bit more.You would think it was the other way around.

Anyhow,I must expound briefly on why I favor charcoal grilled burgers.

#1 I improvise my grill.I can rig it where the grill itself is 3-4 inches higher from the coals than it normally would be.This allows for a slower,more controlled cook.

#2 The event takes place on my back deck,where I can enjoy multiple brewskies and enjoy the view of my yard and vegetable garden.

#3 If I'm lucky,I can catch a view of my well built,sexy young thirty-something neighbor two houses up hanging out in her yard.

There's lots of foods that I like, but I think a good steak grilled to perfection on an open flame is pretty tough to beat. A good marinade helps out, and I like to wing it a little bit on that. I usually use some A-1, some seasoned salt, a little barbeque sauce, and mix that all together with some Catalina salad dressing. It makes steak, burgers, and chicken taste scrumptous. Put your dead animal in a glass pan and cover for a few hours in the refrigerator. I found that filet minon with a bacon strip attached with a toothpick cooks up great with that marinade. Sirloin steak, while a little bit tougher, has a great flavor and if you let that soak in some marinade, maybe with a little wine added to it----tastes tender and delicous. I eat the meat first, then the potato, preferably with butter and sour cream, and I eat the salad for dessert. Seriously, I like a cold, fresh tossed salad last---preferably with a salad dressing that is bad for you. The beer you rinse it down with should be bottled and in a cooler filled with ice. It will taste cold, clean and good rinsing down that heavy meal. One beer should not be enough, so go ahead, have a second one with your salad.

Yes--this is one of the things that makes life good.

Me too. I don't always eat the salad last, but i often save some for last.

What about this?

I like the whole spread before me...eat a bite of steak,then salad,then steak,then potato,etc.

No defined pattern.

Now my wife will eat everything in separate fassion.All of this, then all of that.

Makes no sense to me...

I already posted earlier in this thread. If i eat steak it's no more than a bite or two. As for salad, i like to eat it before and after the meal. Weird, huh? If i'm out to dinner i often keep the rest of my salad when the waiter takes everyone else's away.

Me too.I'll move my salad wide right and give the waiter an"I don't think so"look when looking toward my salad.

And please pardon my spelling.I used to be somewhat decent at this.

My favorite kind of salad has some kind of grilled meat in it. The rare times I eat red meat, I like grilled steak strips on my caesar salad.

When the veggies are in season,fresh and local(pref. my own),I can lose the lettuce and go straight tomato,pepper,onion,cucumber,a little carrot,one hard boiled egg,and steak strips or chicken strips.Lightly(or heavy)apply your dressing of choice.

You can almost hear your body saluting you for this decision.You do feel it.

That looks horrible!

As much as I like certain meats, tongue-heart-liver-menudo-brains-pig's feet etc. are OUT !, and I really gross out at something like this.

I have to agree with you about everything else, but... I don't know... I like tongue. Maybe I'm just wierd like that.

Do you celebrate Passover. Liver is a Passover-food staple. It's all I can do to keep someone from putting Liver on plate... blech... the only thing I hate about Passover time.

Actually, with the exception of Liver, if you keep Kosher for Passover, I guarante you'll be eating better then any other time of the year, Thanksgiving and Christmas/Hanukkah included. Obviously the only bread you're allowed to eat is matzoh, but I like matzoh, personally... but the rest of the food is just... mmmmmm...

(Liver being the exception, of course :D)

My favorite kind of salad has some kind of grilled meat in it. The rare times I eat red meat, I like grilled steak strips on my caesar salad.

Greatest salad in the world is Caesar; even better with either salmon, grilled chicken strips, or grilled steak strips...

What about this?

I like the whole spread before me...eat a bite of steak,then salad,then steak,then potato,etc.

No defined pattern.

Now my wife will eat everything in separate fassion.All of this, then all of that.

Makes no sense to me...

Lol I eat the same way most of the time and I recently found out why by accident a while ago. One day I overheard my mother talking with a friend about feeding babies and she said she used to feed me one jar of this then one jar of that in succession. I believe this is where we get our eating habits from initially. I've just started to try eating various things through out the dinner.

So blame Mom!

:D

Lol I eat the same way most of the time and I recently found out why by accident a while ago. One day I overheard my mother talking with a friend about feeding babies and she said she used to feed me one jar of this then one jar of that in succession. I believe this is where we get our eating habits from initially. I've just started to try eating various things through out the dinner.

So blame Mom!

:D

I do eat things one at a time too, but it's only for the fact that fries suck when they get cold, soups and salads you really can't save. SO if anything needs to be doggy bag, it should be somthing that will still taste good for a couple of days.