Jimmy's height

california girl

• 2 weeks later...
I agree Jimmy is 5' 11" to 6' tall with Robert between 6' and 6' 1".

From what I've heard over the years I have to agree with Steve regarding how tall Jimmy and Robert are. According to a bio written up in the '60's for the band Listen Robert's height is listed at 5ft. 11.5 inches tall. Of course this same bio states Robert's birthday on August 15th :slapface: and that he plays the flute. :D

Robert

• 2 weeks later...
All people lose a little bit of height during their life span, the spine is constantly crashing in on itself every day.

True dat. Is called vertebral compression of aging. Bad news, especially for me. I need every millimeter :o

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
With The Yardbirds, Jimmy often wore what are called "Beetle boots". I think Jimmy's most well-known footware from the Zep era are those black and white shoes he wore on the '73 tour, if only on account of the film TSRTS. When he toured with The Firm in the mid 80's he favored knee-high black leather boots during the initial winter gigs before switching to white sneakers and Hawaiian shirts for the summer of '85.

Throughout the Page/Plant era he nearly always wore a pair of black Hush Puppies to

the concerts they performed. Do I win a prize? :)

No. Do you mean "Beatle boots"--meaning boots with Cuban heels?

Jimmy isn't that tall. I remember the last Page/Plant tour ten years ago, and they put out this promo/ad from Best Buy, the sponsors. There was this picture of Jimmy and Robert standing next to each other, and it looks at first that they're the same height. Then you notice Jimmy's standing on a loading ramp raised at an angle, quite funny, really.

I wish I still had a copy of that ad. If anyone has, would you please post it?

Your footer..

I was at that St Louis show and the slight delay was over 1.25 hours!!!!

Do you mean the one of them standing side by side on a street corner with a red bus passing behind them? It hung as a promotional poster in the venues during the tour,

and perhaps in some of the stores. I have one and I'll post it sometime. The funny

thing is there's an image of The Who (also managed by Bill Curbushley at the time)

from the 60s in almost the exact same pose and surroundings.

I guess you mean this one?

burrn02.jpg

With The Yardbirds, Jimmy often wore what are called "Beetle boots". I think Jimmy's most well-known footware from the Zep era are those black and white shoes he wore on the '73 tour, if only on account of the film TSRTS. When he toured with The Firm in the mid 80's he favored knee-high black leather boots during the initial winter gigs before switching to white sneakers and Hawaiian shirts for the summer of '85.

Throughout the Page/Plant era he nearly always wore a pair of black Hush Puppies to

the concerts they performed. Do I win a prize? :)

ninelives, Really???? (sarcasm)

Thanks, Steve!

• 1 month later...
According to Mendelsohn's ludicrous review of LZ II in Rolling Stone, Jimmy is between 5'4" and 5'8". Is he just making this up? (He seems to have made up most of the rest of the review . . . .)

Well, since Jimmy is obviously a lot taller than that--yes.

Archived