Jimmy's height

california girl

This is from the 02 concert. Jimmy and Robert embrace at the end, it's obvious that Robert is taller. That should put an end to any discussion about which one is taller. They aren't roughly the same height, Robert is a good inch taller.

• 1 year later...

Just out of curiosity, how do you know that?

Didn't you know? Evster is a shoe cobbler in his spare time. Many a rock star's pair of feet have been shod in Evster's handiwork; his specialty is clogs. :lol:

If I may add my personal anecdote, the times I've been close to Jimmy in person, whether it was at a show, Amoeba Records or the Bodhi Tree, I've judged his height to be somwhere around 5' 10" to 5' 11". Robert is closer to 6'...maybe even 6' 1"; especially if he's wearing boots.

Or clogs. :D

If you look in the 'Photos From Jimmys Book' #115, his passport says 5' 11 1/2

That settles it! And he has green eyes, something that has been - in the past - another subject of debate.

I wonder what he was doing for a month in America at that tender age. Playing guitar, naturally, but with whom.

That settles it! And he has green eyes, something that has been - in the past - another subject of debate.

I wonder what he was doing for a month in America at that tender age. Playing guitar, naturally, but with whom.

As you say that question is now settled, it is there in Black & White on an Offical Document. :) So it must be true!!

Glad to be of help.

Wow, where is that photo? Is it in London??

[Re: to the photo of Evster at some kind of rock stars walk of fame thingie] Melanie, I think it might be in the Los Angeles area, something makes me want to say Universal City. Anyone? Steve? Buehler??

Great picture!

Since Evster is indisposed for the time being, I, being a native Los Angelean, will answer for him.

The photo was taken in front of the Guitar Center on Sunset Blvd., just east of Gardner, next to the Sunset Grill, made famous by the Don Henley song of the same name.

Some time in the late-80's,Guitar Center decided to create their own kind of attraction similar to the Grauman's Chinese Theatre courtyard of the Stars and the Hollywood Blvd. Walk of Fame.

So they started a Rock Walk of Fame, and now the entire entry-way into the Guitar Center is filled with the hand-prints of great guitarists and other musicians. John Bonham has a plaque there.

I was there for both the Jimmy Page and the Yardbirds unveiling.

Next time I go, I'll take some snaps and post 'em here.

Ah, cool. Thank you, Strider! I'll add this to my "list of things to see in L.A." list - it's 90% Doors-related so this will make a nice change :)

How awesome that you were actually there for Pagey's ceremony. Did you speak to 'is Lordship? Any eye contact?

[Re: to the photo of Evster at some kind of rock stars walk of fame thingie] Melanie, I think it might be in the Los Angeles area, something makes me want to say Universal City. Anyone? Steve? Buehler??

It's the Hollywood Rock Walk at the entrance to the Guitar Center at 7425 Sunset Boulevard. Jimmy was inducted on December 7th 1993 while he was in Los Angeles rehearsing for the Coverdale/Page Japanese tour later that same month. The induction speech was done by Eddie Van Halen. I have a home video of the ceremony as well as the Channel 7 newcast that aired that

night. I also took a lot of photos of the Hollywood Rock Walk.

199402QUK.jpg

'Q' (Feb 1994) (UK)

Scan courtesy Steve A. Jones Archive

It's the Hollywood Rock Walk at the entrance to the Guitar Center at 7425 Sunset Boulevard. Jimmy was inducted on December 7th 1993 while he was in Los Angeles rehearsing for the Coverdale/Page Japanese tour later that same month. The induction speech was done by Eddie Van Halen. I have a home video of the ceremony as well as the Channel 7 newcast that aired that

night. I also took a lot of photos of the Hollywood Rock Walk.

199402QUK.jpg

'Q' (Feb 1994) (UK)

Scan courtesy Steve A. Jones Archive

Cool pic! That looks like Dave Navarro behind Jimmy.

It is.

I wonder how big his hands are...whistling.gif

Big ;)

Leave it to Steve to one-up me...of COURSE he was there, too.

To answer FireOpal's question, I did not speak to him. By the time I arrived there was already a sizable crowd, and since I'm 6'7" myself, I don't mind hanging in the back and letting shorter people stand in front of me so they can get a better view.

Besides, if I had tried to speak to Jimmy, the Alchemist's Archivist might have taken one look at this giant approaching Jimmy and sicced security on me. :lol:

How ironic that it was EVH who did the induction speech. He once said that Page played like "a 2-year old with a broken hand" in concert, referring to his alleged sloppiness as a live player. Maybe it was the Jack talking. :)

How ironic that it was EVH who did the induction speech. He once said that Page played like "a 2-year old with a broken hand" in concert, referring to his alleged sloppiness as a live player. Maybe it was the Jack talking. :)

Oh definitely it was the Jack...and whatever other substances he was on. Plus, you have to remember that it was Van Halen's freewheeling and raucous interviews that endeared them to the press in the first place, much like the Beatles charmed the media with their wit and personality.

So even if a reporter didn't like Van Halen's music, as a writer they were irresistible because they would fill your notebooks with juicy quotes. And they were absolutely feerless about slagging other bands. Sometimes they would be over-the-top and baseless, but they frequently would be spot-on and hilarious.

Oh and FireOpal...as a Doors fan, you should know that the surviving Doors have their handprints at the Guitar Center, too. :)

I believe when Eddie said that he was THE brash new gunslinger in town and providing fodder for the press. However, he did see Led Zeppelin play The Forum in Los Angeles in '72 so he would have known better. Van Halen and Coverdale/Page both

happened to be recording in Vancover in Oct/Nov '91 and they (Eddie & Jimmy) hung out together. When Van Halen played Wembley Arena in London (April 29, 1993) Jimmy & David met with Eddie at his hotel. When Jimmy was in Los Angeles in

January 2004 EVH called Ross (Halfin) about 20 times during their trying to talk to Jimmy, who finally called him back the day before returning to England. Clearly EVH & JP have remained on friendly terms for over 20 years.

Thank you Strider & Steve for the great info. And I did NOT know that Los Doors were part of the Rock Walk. I promised myself that my next trip to L.A. was not going to be another Doors pilgrimmage, but it's a promise I must break :)

Archived