Jimmy's height

california girl

You two can provide the musical entertainment at a future Zep fan convention. I look forward to your earnest acoustic rendering of "We're Gonna Groove"

Wait...let me dig out my harp and washboard. I assume, being one of Jimmy's right-hand men, Steve can handle the guitar.

Spontaneous combustion awaits.

Jimmy isn't 4'9, I'm also taller than that and younger, which means he is probably around 5' something.

You two are like Chip 'n' Dale on crack. Where in hell do you get the idea Jimmy is 4'9"? Are you two completely blind, as well as oblivious?

Hell, there's already been several pages of posts that pretty much establish his height as 5'11".

Read it. Learn it. Live it.

Strider, you are f*cking hilarious!! You just made my morning.

Always happy to help. Would've preferred to make you my strawberry waffles, but glad this worked for you as well. :D

Great interview! I loved the question at 5:38 mark concerning the 1980 tour. And the answer too.biggrin.gif Hmmm.... I wonder why he doesn't remember that tour too well?tongue.gif

Why do men round up with their height? Is it just easier to say 6' tall than 5'11" since he was(or maybe still is) 5'11" 1/2?

Great interview! I loved the question at 5:38 mark concerning the 1980 tour. And the answer too. Hmmm.... I wonder why he doesn't remember that tour too well?

It was a relatively short tour (just 14 dates over three weeks) so perhaps Dave Lewis' new book will serve as a memory jogger.

LZ-CoverONLY-2011-731x1024.jpg

http://www.tightbutloose.co.uk/tblweb09/?page_id=9965

• 3 weeks later...

I always would have guessed that Jimmy was one of those typically petite English guys and his comment about that suit in the interview is puzzling. It's also hard to find a guitar strap long enough to sling an ax that low if you're 6 foot. Maybe when he did that jump on stage, he measured 6 foot.

I don't know that English guys are "typically petite." Seems to me there are a lot of tall blokes across the pond. All I know is when I'm standing in the Tube (I'm 5'6", rounding up) I'm like a hobbit in a man-forest. That doesn't bear too much dwelling on...

Anyway, all the Beatles except Ringo were 5'11". The Stones? Not so much.

I think most people round up on there passports. Here is a picture of me playing guitar with my band using a les paul just like Jimmy, and we look to be the same height using the guitar as a reference and I'm 5'9" but I have on cowboy boots so in the picture I'm about almost 6'. However, jimmy almost always wore heels and if you look at footage from say royal albert hall he looks very small wearing flat shoes. Keep in mind I have a few pounds on Jimmy, him being very thin helps him look taller.

post-16167-0-15567000-1308595241_thumb.j

I'm not saying he rounded up and yes people do it a lot though, I'm agreeing with you that he was probably near the height stated on his passport even though a lot of pictures would make you think less. I've read where Jeff Beck used to call him a "little shrimp" with a guitar and he looks only a bit taller than the edge who is pretty small. Pictures can be deceiving. Just because I'm a new member does not make me stupid, and just because most people agree on something does not make it right.

Archived