best Kashmir

badgeholder

Apologies if this has been covered. I'm looking to find the mightiest-ever version of Kashmir. What are your favorites? What started this is I got the "film noir part two" dvd where they synch up home movies, and there is a tremendous Kashmir near the end of part one. I think it's from Alabama '77, but it might be NY.

I must say, all of my fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics know their shit! All of the versions that you mentioned are great choices. What about the SEATTLE KINGDOME 17 July 1977 version of Kashmir on DVD? The band actually added some different chords in this version. What do you think?

• 2 weeks later...
"Woman, talkin' to ya!"

I'm not able to narrow it down precisely, but he seemed to add this in early March of the '75 tour.

Thanks, I was NEVER able to understand that! Some of Robert's singing is borderline unintelligible.

I must say, all of my fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics know their shit! All of the versions that you mentioned are great choices. What about the SEATTLE KINGDOME 17 July 1977 version of Kashmir on DVD? The band actually added some different chords in this version. What do you think?

2 words:

Holy.

Shit.

I JUST got this DVD and listened to it yesterday evening. I repeat: Holy! Shit! Best '77 version in existence.

2 words:

Holy.

Shit.

I JUST got this DVD and listened to it yesterday evening. I repeat: Holy! Shit! Best '77 version in existence.

How's it going "Kashmiran?" The SEATTLE KINGDOME 17 July 1977 live version of "Kashmir" has to rank as one of the GREATEST live versions of Kashmir EVER! I saw both The Forum 23 June 1977 concert and the Oakland Coliseum 23 July 1977 concert, The Forum 23 June 1977 has to be the best live version of Kashmir that I have ever heard. However, believe it or not, I was hearing some live CD bootlegs from the TOUR OVER EUROPE 1980. I was really impressed with the 1985 Toasted Condor release of DINOSAUR which is LED ZEPPELIN'S live performance at Frankfurt, Germany on 30 June 1980. ZEPPELIN KICKED ASS on "Kashmir." It sounds unbelievable! Another great live performance of "Kashmir" (Not complete, it ends towards the end of the song.) was done in Zurich, Switzerland on 29 June 1980. This concert was released in a 2-CD set on the Twin-Records label under licence to SWAP-Records Ltd. Both blue discs say THE KNOBS LIVE IN CONCERT. ROCK ON!

How's it going "Kashmiran?" The SEATTLE KINGDOME 17 July 1977 live version of "Kashmir" has to rank as one of the GREATEST live versions of Kashmir EVER! I saw both The Forum 23 June 1977 concert and the Oakland Coliseum 23 July 1977 concert, The Forum 23 June 1977 has to be the best live version of Kashmir that I have ever heard. However, believe it or not, I was hearing some live CD bootlegs from the TOUR OVER EUROPE 1980. I was really impressed with the 1985 Toasted Condor release of DINOSAUR which is LED ZEPPELIN'S live performance at Frankfurt, Germany on 30 June 1980. ZEPPELIN KICKED ASS on "Kashmir." It sounds unbelievable! Another great live performance of "Kashmir" (Not complete, it ends towards the end of the song.) was done in Zurich, Switzerland on 29 June 1980. This concert was released in a 2-CD set on the Twin-Records label under licence to SWAP-Records Ltd. Both blue discs say THE KNOBS LIVE IN CONCERT. ROCK ON!

My all-time favourite is March 19th, 1975, Vancouver. Plant is at his best, Jones adds little flourishes here and there, and Page plays it on his almighty LES PAUL, not the lame Danelcro. You can tell by the sound.

My all-time favourite is March 19th, 1975, Vancouver. Plant is at his best, Jones adds little flourishes here and there, and Page plays it on his almighty LES PAUL, not the lame Danelcro. You can tell by the sound.

I am familiar with the Vancouver 19 March 1975 live performance, the whole show was great! ROCK ON!

I am familiar with the Vancouver 19 March 1975 live performance, the whole show was great! ROCK ON!

My favourite shows: (strictly latter days, if I were to list my favourite early days shows, you'd grow old reading it! :D)

1. March, 19th, 1975 - Vancouver, Canada

2. May 25th, 1975 - Earl's Court, U.K.

3. August 4th, 1979 - Knebworth, U.K.

4. July 28th, 1973 - Madison Square Garden, New York

5. July 29th, 1973 - Madison Square Garden, New York

• 3 weeks later...
Probably the O2 Arena performance, although I also think the Knebworth 8/4/79 and L.A. version of 6/21/77 are also quite respectable. I always loved the White Summer/Black Mountain Side segue into the song from 1977 to 1980. It really hits you! Pure power!

Ditto!! When I heard 6-21-77 for the 1st time I was in my army barracks w/headphones on and through-out the show, I kept commenting to my roomate, "Oh my god" when song after song was awesome, but when I was listening to Whitesummer, and it just "Kicked" into Kashmir, I just jumped up and went nuts. 8-4-79 is also awesome, and like you said some of the 80's stuff. I think 75' is visually exciting, and some of Kashmirs are great to listen to especially because of Roberts vocal effects at the end of some of the lines.

Johnnie Gestappo

Might bet the worst version of the song and the worst concert Zeppelin ever had.

Archived