Did VH1 ever do a Behind the Music on Led Zep?

For a band that was in existence for over 11 years, it is a shame there isn't more written, documented and cataloged (not talking about their music). The Beatles were together for less years, and we are saturated by Beatles memoribilia, movies, Anthologies, myriads of books and magazines.

As much as I admire Led Zeppelin for being individuals and doing it their way, I would really like to have more of a visual record of their tenure than what's available.

The VH1 Legends special was pretty cool, as I recall. That must have been 10 years ago now. Wow. It is weird that there's not more out there on Led Zeppelin, but at the same time I think that keeps them feeling like an underground phenomenon even though they're nearly as successful as Elvis and the Beatles.

There's never been any kind of VH1 special on Van Halen, though. That's a story that's begging to be told.

They did a VH1 Legends a few years back, but I would love to see them do a Rock Docs. That is another series that VH1 does. I saw the Rock Docs on The Who, Bob Dylan and Monterey Pop and it made me think of how cool it would be to do one about Zeppelin.

I've just got the From A to Zeppelin

I did'nt see it yet,but it has all the important people from Zeppelin Life in there.(even Cole,Des Barres,their sound tech's...)

Yes, all of the important people from Zeppelin life ...

Excluding any of the four members, their families, their management or anyone in the day to day innerworkings of the band other than coked-and-smacked-out-Cole, who's already whored out his drug-addled "story" in two books.

In other words, that A to Zeppelin is garbage, just like every other pseudodocumentary that's been made. The VH1 Classic Legends is about the best available. Even the Biography Channel's, as mentioend in another thread, is pathetically done.

Archived