A question for those who are married

DoubleNecker

Old Blue Eyes and Neil Diamond. She loves Neil Diamond. The guy is one hell of a song writer and I gotta admit that I like him too. Camping with friends and singing ND around the fire...some good times

Neil had alot of good songs. Had some of his records way back.

I'll fess up.

I took my wife to see Barry Manilow in concert a few years back.I was dreading the night,but like a lot of things,not near the bummer I was expecting.

He put on an energetic show,and pushed the right buttons for the mostly 30-50 age crowd of women.

Not the snoozefest I anticipated,though one experience will be enough.

I'll fess up.

I took my wife to see Barry Manilow in concert a few years back.I was dreading the night,but like a lot of things,not near the bummer I was expecting.

He put on an energetic show,and pushed the right buttons for the mostly 30-50 age crowd of women.

Not the snoozefest I anticipated,though one experience will be enough.

My wife made me go see David Cassidy with her a few years ago. Like you said, not as bad as expected, but once was enough. The crowd was mostly 40ish women, I bet the seats were damp after the show. :lol:

Music has always been an important part of my life and my husband's life. We actually met and fell in love at first sight at a music venue. We love much of the same music but also enjoy seeking out new music, sharing new music with one another, attending concerts, going to music venues, etc. That said, our favorites differ, which makes things interesting. Unlike some people, I never kept a list of "deal breakers" so when we fell in love none of our other (similar or different) interests and passions mattered enough to "break the deal".

My wife made me go see David Cassidy with her a few years ago. Like you said, not as bad as expected, but once was enough. The crowd was mostly 40ish women, I bet the seats were damp after the show. :lol:

David Cassidy always had a good voice. Liked some of those songs. And as for Barry Manilow, love Mandy and his trubute to Sinatra. (Strangers in the Night). Good stuff. Just because you love led zeppelin, doesnt mean you cant like other things. Hell, Robert Plant likes Elvis, and I could never stand Elvis.

Have to agree, music shouldn't be a deal breaker.

My husband and I have different taste in music, but we both do like rock. We have some music we both like, and some we don't share. Our biggest bone of contention is that I have a nearly pathological hatred of Phil Collins and Genesis music and he likes it... this has caused some eye-rolling and channel-switching on both our parts now and then. :D

OTOH, my favorite part of our relationship (well, second most) is that we both find the same things in music funny (except for "Sussidio" apparently), and we'll both start laughing at bad music at the same time. Like once we were on a fairly long car trip and he "allowed" me to play a bunch of Zeppelin. Somehow he'd never heard "The Lemon Song" before (believe it or not) and he got a kick out of it. Awhile later, we stopped for a quick bite to eat and they were playing the sappiest crap from the 80's overhead, some idiotic sugary love song, and we looked at each other and burst out laughing. He's like, "no lemon squeezing going on there!" and I was like, "Nope!" Now if we hear that song we both laugh, to everyone else's confusion. (Although somehow he still isn't a Zep fanatic; but I'm working on it.)

If you can find that sort of connection with someone, you're on to something. :) Otherwise, yeah, head phones are a good thing.

Have to agree, music shouldn't be a deal breaker.

My husband and I have different taste in music, but we both do like rock. We have some music we both like, and some we don't share. Our biggest bone of contention is that I have a nearly pathological hatred of Phil Collins and Genesis music and he likes it... this has caused some eye-rolling and channel-switching on both our parts now and then. :D

OTOH, my favorite part of our relationship (well, second most) is that we both find the same things in music funny (except for "Sussidio" apparently), and we'll both start laughing at bad music at the same time. Like once we were on a fairly long car trip and he "allowed" me to play a bunch of Zeppelin. Somehow he'd never heard "The Lemon Song" before (believe it or not) and he got a kick out of it. Awhile later, we stopped for a quick bite to eat and they were playing the sappiest crap from the 80's overhead, some idiotic sugary love song, and we looked at each other and burst out laughing. He's like, "no lemon squeezing going on there!" and I was like, "Nope!" Now if we hear that song we both laugh, to everyone else's confusion. (Although somehow he still isn't a Zep fanatic; but I'm working on it.)

If you can find that sort of connection with someone, you're on to something. :) Otherwise, yeah, head phones are a good thing.

Every time I think of Phil Collins I think of how he stunk up the joint on drums at Live Aid for the Zepp reunion. Didnt help that Pagey was trashed either but I cant believe how bad he was on Rock and Roll. Yet he played his own stuff quite well. "Take a look at me Now" just before Zepp took the stage.

We like much of the same music, but not all. We're similar on Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, the Eagles and similar groups. Probably the biggest difference is how much he enjoys country; I only like maybe 2-3 country artists and he likes all of them. :blink: But musical preference is such a tiny part of the whole picture; definitely not a deal breaker for us!

Every time I think of Phil Collins I think of how he stunk up the joint on drums at Live Aid for the Zepp reunion. Didnt help that Pagey was trashed either but I cant believe how bad he was on Rock and Roll. Yet he played his own stuff quite well. "Take a look at me Now" just before Zepp took the stage.

Yeah,ol' Phil makes me want to drive bamboo shoots under my fingernails.

It didn't help when he said Robert Plant was the only man he'd ever kissed in the mouth.(I believe he introduced Plant's solo act at Atlantic's 40th at MSG and stated this)

Yeah,ol' Phil makes me want to drive bamboo shoots under my fingernails.

It didn't help when he said Robert Plant was the only man he'd ever kissed in the mouth.(I believe he introduced Plant's solo act at Atlantic's 40th at MSG and stated this)

Oh gawd, and here I thought my dislike couldn't get any stronger... :blink:

Archived