Rare Zeppelin

ally

acquire? I think I didn't say that ... we even don't know if this exist so I can't have it or, better, I'm not so lucky enough to have it B)

Ah yes. I believe that Dave Lewis wrote in "A Celebration" that it didn't even get to the production stage before being cancelled.

There are so many concert posters out there that are unique, only one copy existing, that it would be impossible to have a comprehensive collection. I own or have owned several such pieces. There is nothing more rare than a one of one, plus these things sell upwards of $8k sometimes.

I have a shortlist of 2 or 3 posters yet to get that I think are my holy grails as far as collecting Zeppelin, but most of the ones I want I have. I am lucky in that respect but I want those last few!!!

There are so many concert posters out there that are unique, only one copy existing, that it would be impossible to have a comprehensive collection. I own or have owned several such pieces. There is nothing more rare than a one of one, plus these things sell upwards of $8k sometimes.

I have a shortlist of 2 or 3 posters yet to get that I think are my holy grails as far as collecting Zeppelin, but most of the ones I want I have. I am lucky in that respect but I want those last few!!!

You were talking about Vancouver 72 weren't you or was that someone else ?

Original Photographs from the 1969 Tour Book - The Visual Thing

Ron Raffaelli photographer or original photographs of the last American concert - Oakland July 24th 1977 by Cruz Montoya Private Eye Photography.Also original photographs of John Bonham and Keith Moon drumming together - L.A. Forum June 23 1977.

Ron Raffaelli photographer or original photographs of the last American concert - Oakland July 24th 1977 by Cruz Montoya Private Eye Photography.Also original photographs of John Bonham and Keith Moon drumming together - L.A. Forum June 23 1977.

Cruz Montoya...that is a name I have not seen in a LOOOONG time. Met him at a record convention by accident and he set me off on collecting everything memorabilia!!! He asked me to come over and catalog his collection, and I did and it was something like 29 pages. He had THOUSANDS of things, some totally rare and cool. This would have been 1989 or so. I started getting very rare pieces soon after but after amassing a large one like Cruz's collection, I sold or traded it all off to concentrate on only concert posters. You cant do it all and do it all well, and concert posters are expensive.

Cruz told me about how they would sometimes use his pics on bootleg LP's in the 1970's. He also attended the LA Blueberry Hill show and he told me that when they were there, before a note was played, the excitement was high. Nobody knew what to expect and of course no one had heard Zep III at that time. He said when they came on and EXPLODED with Immigrant Song the crowd was just fucking floored, totally. They could not believe how heavy it was. I liken it to the scene in The Lord of the Rings movies where Sauron gets killed or whatever and the entire army is literally flattened by a sonic/evil boom.......JUST AWESOME. He said the concert was truly unreal to have seen. I believe him.

• 11 years later...
On 6/6/2008 at 11:15 AM, Zufo said:

Zufo....if your out there I have something to give you. djwillknac@gmail.com

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/5/2008 at 7:51 PM, LukeTheDuke said:

acquire? I think I didn't say that ... we even don't know if this exist so I can't have it or, better, I'm not so lucky enough to have it B)

No it certainly does not exist. It was planned as an EP also containing Ozone Baby and Darlene. The record was to be available at the bands 2 knebworth shows on 4/8/79 and 11/8/79 but it never happened. The tracks were used on Coda 3 years later.