Rock 'n' Roll Hall Of Fame

The Rover

Based on the short list of Nominees released, I predict the Plastic People at the RRHOF will Vote in these "Hall of Famers":

1. Madonna

2. John Cougar Mellancamp

3. Dave Clark Five

4. Donna Summer

---------------------------

5. The Ventures ... or ... Afrika B.

Keeping in mind "Rock" groups that have net been inducted yet, like:

DEEP PURPLE

ALICE COOPER

RUSH

YES

JETHRO TULL

CHICAGO

And, BTY... I want these bands in for their Rock material, and I'm not even thinking about their "pop" commercial stuff....

Edited by The Rover

The Rock and Roll "Hall OF Fame" and Baseballs' HOF are facing a similar problem,but for different reasons.

R&R"HOF" is quite simply running out of worthy inductees.I think that's why they keep passing over the ones that are truly worthy-the ones listed above,for the most part.They realize that as soon as the last few good ones left get in,they'll have nowhere else to go but further down.They should put in the few left that are truly worthy,then suspend inductions until there are some more worthy inductees.

Baseball has a similar problem:The class of 2007 was the final one that was completely un-tainted by steroids.What they need to do is this:Either completely redefine the criteria needed for induction,or set up a new Hall to deal with the "new" era.That could be a major problem.

Recently on another message board (can't remember which one it was though) someone had posted that they had contacted the R&R HOF asking why (I think it was) Alice Cooper wasn't in & the reply was something to the effect that it's not the amount of records that an artist sells but what kind of influence they have had on music. If this is true, I can't believe that Deep Purple has never made it in- those idiots at the R&R HOF can't tell me that the band who had one of the most recognizable opening song riffs of all time in "Smoke On The Water" -which probably inspired hundreds of people to pick up a guitar for the first time- doesn't deserve to be in there before Grandmaster Flash or Donna Summer.

Madonna getting in is a joke. The only reason she's in is because of her sex stuff. She didn't make good music for the most part.

Deep Purple and Rush have a much bigger musical influence then she ever had.

Alice Cooper should be in. He was the original shock artist. 15 years before Madonna masturbated on MTV.

Recently on another message board (can't remember which one it was though) someone had posted that they had contacted the R&R HOF asking why (I think it was) Alice Cooper wasn't in & the reply was something to the effect that it's not the amount of records that an artist sells but what kind of influence they have had on music. If this is true, I can't believe that Deep Purple has never made it in- those idiots at the R&R HOF can't tell me that the band who had one of the most recognizable opening song riffs of all time in "Smoke On The Water" -which probably inspired hundreds of people to pick up a guitar for the first time- doesn't deserve to be in there before Grandmaster Flash or Donna Summer.

Yeah, I agree.

Donna Summer?????

Can someone say DISCO? * barfs *

• 2 months later...

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/articl...t_id=1003715566

Timberlake, Reed, Joel To Induct Rock Hall Class

reed_lou_03l.gif

Lou Reed

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

Justin Timberlake, Lou Reed, Billy Joel and Ben Harper are among the big names who've signed up to induct members of the 2008 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame class next month in New York.

Timberlake will induct Madonna, Reed will induct Leonard Cohen, Joel will induct John Mellencamp and Ben Harper will usher in Little Walter during the March 10 event at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel.

In addition, Tom Hanks will induct the Dave Clark Five, Jerry Butler will induct Kenny Gamble and Leon Huff and John Fogerty will introduce the Ventures.

There's no word yet if all of the inductees will perform, as is customary.

Timberlake, Reed, Joel To Induct Rock Hall Class

Justin Timberlake, Lou Reed, Billy Joel and Ben Harper are among the big names who've signed up to induct members of the 2008 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame class next month in New York.

Timberlake will induct Madonna, Reed will induct Leonard Cohen, Joel will induct John Mellencamp and Ben Harper will usher in Little Walter during the March 10 event at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel.

In addition, Tom Hanks will induct the Dave Clark Five, Jerry Butler will induct Kenny Gamble and Leon Huff and John Fogerty will introduce the Ventures.

There's no word yet if all of the inductees will perform, as is customary.

No need....

206730_yawn.jpg

Have a Yawn.. On Me . .

You will Yawn ! ! :D

Edited by The Rover

I like Madonna, but my issue with the RRHOF is that they keep passing over so many other people who should've been inducted YEARS ago, but yet still keep getting overlooked!! Looks like it is becoming more and more of a popularity contest.

How is inducting someone like the Velvet Underground a "popularity contest"?

Iggy & The Stooges to Perform for Madonna at Rock Hall Ceremony

According to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Iggy & The Stooges will perform for Madonna at this year’s induction ceremony. The choice of the Stooges may raise some eyebrows, but isn’t as strange as it seems: both the band and Madonna are Detroit natives, and Iggy Pop opened for Madonna at the Dublin date for her Reinvention Tour in 2004.

Other performers scheduled at the induction ceremony, which takes place next Monday, March 10th, at New York’s Waldorf-Astoria Hotel: Damien Rice (for Leonard Cohen); James Cotton (for Little Walter); Patti LaBelle (for Gamble & Huff); plus John Mellencamp and the Ventures, both of whom are being inducted.

Rolling Stone

Based on the short list of Nominees released, I predict the Plastic People at the RRHOF will Vote in these "Hall of Famers":

1. Madonna

2. John Cougar Mellancamp

3. Dave Clark Five

4. Donna Summer

---------------------------

5. The Ventures ... or ... Afrika B.

Keeping in mind "Rock" groups that have net been inducted yet, like:

DEEP PURPLE

ALICE COOPER

RUSH

YES

JETHRO TULL

CHICAGO

And, BTY... I want these bands in for their Rock material, and I'm not even thinking about their "pop" commercial stuff....

and HEART!!!

Edited by plant1onme