Who would you have open the show?

Someone will open if it happens as they arent 30 anymore and probably wont play 3-4 hrs like they used to. My choice-Heart!

I have re-read your post..and I agree with you..Heart would be good. Either Ann or Nancy Wilson would probably be able to sing The Battle...both have very powerful voices...

Juliet

Oh Juliet....B.B. King will be onstage 2 minutes before he collapses with exhaustion!

:D

Thanks for posting.

why not 'Eric clapton and jef beck' that way jimmy can blow them away as well.If you ever see the arms concert (concert for denny lane"when jimmy did stairway to heaven solo ;it sounded like the concert sound tech's were told to "fuck around with"'pages" guiter solo.As i believe they new that jimmy page would steal the show.He did though; as you can tell when the crowd were still clapping and cheering 10 mins after he'd finished the song.

why not 'Eric clapton and jef beck' that way jimmy can blow them away as well.If you ever see the arms concert (concert for denny lane"when jimmy did stairway to heaven solo ;it sounded like the concert sound tech's were told to "fuck around with"'pages" guiter solo.As i believe they new that jimmy page would steal the show.He did though; as you can tell when the crowd were still clapping and cheering 10 mins after he'd finished the song.

Where is Denny Lane now?

J

Where is Denny Lane now?

J

Sorry that should have been RONNIE LANE .. The ARMS Charity Concert (or concerts) was a rock concert given at the Royal Albert Hall in September 1983 in support of Action into Research for Multiple Sclerosis. The idea for hosting the concert was envisaged by Ronnie Lane, ex-bassist for The Small Faces and The Faces, himself a casualty of multiple sclerosis. The concert featured a star-studded line-up of well known British musicians, including Jimmy Page, Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, Steve Winwood, Andy Fairweather-Low, Bill Wyman, Kenney Jones and Charlie Watts. The concert was particularly notable in the fact that it was the first occasion on which Clapton, Beck and Page, each a former lead guitarist for The Yardbirds, had performed together on stage.

• 3 months later...

I Vote for the band Heart to open for Led Zeppelin at some of the big outdoor/stadium shows in the US and Canada.

Heart would play songs from their heyday in the 70's, and *not* their sappy material from recent years..... B)

The Beatles

Now that would be great! All we would need to do is call heaven and ask God to send John and George down to earth for two years and hook them up with Paul and Ringo so they can tour the world over as THE BEATLES! I'm just not sure who should open for who, LED ZEPPELIN OR THE BEATLES? That question could and would definitely be a new topic for discussion huh? ROCK ON!

Archived